Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ But I Don't Like Boys? ❯ Family Gathering ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

But I Don't Like Boys?
 
Disclaimer: Kyou Kara Maou and all its characters belong to Tomo Takabayashi. You know the drill.
 
Warnings/Spoilers: This does take place after the end of the anime series, but as of right now, there's not too much in the way of spoilers. This is a boy/boy love story, and therefore, two guys will be involved in a relationship together. If this isn't your cup of tea, I suggest you find another story... Also, rating may or may not go up in later chapters.
 
Author yapping: I nearly forgot I had put this fanfic on this site as well… *sweats*
 
-o-o-
 
Chapter 7: Family Gathering
 
“Not only that,” Wolfram leaned towards Yuri, who tensed, and whispered in his ear, “Our daughter's watching us.” Wolfram crawled off of Yuri and pulled a plate of cookies out of the basket. “Want some, Greta?” He called out to the bushes.
 
Yuri slowly sat up, feeling hot and flustered. No one had ever admitted to wanting him like that; hell, he'd never even had a girlfriend to say that she liked him or wanted to hold hands. Wolfram was so much more bold and experienced in these sorts of things…
 
Greta appeared from behind a rose bush in a green dress, her head hanging in shame.
 
Wolfram held out the plate of cookies. “This is what you wanted, right?”
 
“Greta.” Yuri was surprised to hear a crack in his own voice. He quickly cleared his throat. “You want to share the cookies with us?”
 
Greta met Yuri's eyes. “You're not mad at me?”
 
Yuri looked at Wolfram. “I'm not mad, Greta.”
 
Wolfram took a bite of the apple he had abandoned earlier. “I'm not mad either. You probably came at just the right moment, Princess.”
 
Yuri blushed. “Did you hear anything that was going on, Greta?” He asked.
 
Greta shrugged as she walked over and sat in front of the cookies. “Not really.” She nibbled sheepishly on the small cookie she grabbed. “But I know it was an adult talk.”
 
“Really…?” Wolfram raised a quizzical eyebrow at the perceptive girl.
 
Greta finished off the cookie and grabbed another. “I heard `sex' but not much else.”
 
And Yuri had decided to bite into his cookie at that moment and promptly choked on it.
 
“Geez, Yuri, take it easy with the eating.” Wolfram patted his back again while Greta fretted over him. “You're going to kill yourself one day.”
 
“Why does Greta know what sex is?” Yuri cleared his throat and looked at Wolfram.
 
Wolfram shrugged.
 
“My cousin told me. It's where babies come from.” She smiled. “But she said that only adults can do it, so not to worry about it until I was older.”
 
Yuri breathed a sigh of relief. “Yes, you are too young to be worrying about that sort of stuff.”
 
“So I can do it when I'm your age, Yuri? I can have a baby then?” Greta clapped her hands.
 
“Uh…” Yuri wasn't sure what to say. “Oh! Even I'm too young to have kids right now. But, you, Greta, are older, so it's okay that I've adopted you. At my age, it's a little too early to have the responsibility of a baby, let alone a whole kingdom.”
 
Wolfram pulled Greta into his lap and played with her hair. “Yuri's right. I think you're too young right now to be worrying about having babies. Besides, you have to have a boyfriend, or husband, to have one.” Wolfram held up a hand before Yuri could say something. “Don't you be worrying about boys right now, either. Yuri and I will just chase them off, especially if they aren't any good to you.”
 
Yuri nodded. “Yeah, you have us to play with… when we're not busy.”
 
Greta nibbled on her cookie while Wolfram continued to braid bits of her fluffy hair. “Dates don't look very fun, anyway. You two haven't played at all. Wolfram found out I was there just as you were about to play though.”
 
Yuri blushed a bright red. “Uh, yeah. Is that why you were hiding in the bushes?”
 
Greta nodded. “Wolfram told me that he had a date with you today, and I wanted to see what it was like.”
 
Wolfram reached for a small rose growing under the tree. “But didn't I tell you not to come over here?” He put the yellow flower into her hair and connected the few braids he had made to it.
 
Greta frowned. “You said you didn't want me to interrupt. So I thought if I was really quiet… Plus you didn't leave any of the cookies in the kitchen like you promised.”
 
“I'm sorry. I figured that's why you had come out here. We made all sorts of stuff for this date, yesterday, didn't we?” Wolfram reached into the basket next to him and pulled out three sandwiches. “And of course, we've been eating the desserts first.”
 
Yuri snaked his arm out and snatched one of the sandwiches. “What kind did you make?”
 
“It's ham and cheese,” Greta replied and took the sandwich that Wolfram handed to her. She leaned back against Wolfram's chest and took a big bite of it.
 
“Sounds good.” Yuri munched on the sandwich. “So, you guys were setting up the date yesterday?”
 
“Yeah, we had to be really sneaky about it.” Greta covered her face with one of her hands and spread out her fingers so that she could see past them. “You were getting really suspicious.” She left her mouth uncovered to take another bite of the sandwich.
 
Wolfram tried to avoid getting crumbs in Greta's hair and had to eat a little to the side. “After you eat this, you have to promise to let us finish this date by ourselves, okay?”
 
Greta took a bigger bite and nodded. “Only if you keep your promise that we'll make flower necklaces tomorrow since I helped you and if I get to take some of the cookies with me.”
 
Wolfram held up a hand in a scout's honor. “I promise.”
 
So they finished their meal together as an odd little semi-family under the rose tree, alternating between the sandwiches, apples, and soup. Greta took her time eating, taking small bites here or there, while she asked Yuri and Wolfram about dating and boys. Most of the information, they had to tell her that they'd let her know when she was a little older. When she took her final bite, she hugged Wolfram and then Yuri, grabbed a few cookies, and waved as she ran out of the door-like opening in the lattice fences.
 
Yuri waved back and turned to Wolfram when she was out of site. “It was good to finally get to spend time with Greta.”
 
“Yeah.” Wolfram smiled. “It's been awhile since the three of us got a chance to hang out.”
 
Yuri shifted through the basket to see if there was anything he hadn't yet discovered inside. “So you're really not mad at her for, uh, interrupting?” He found some grapes in a bowl and brought it with him as tried to get into a comfortable position on the blanket.
 
Wolfram shook his head. “Nothing would have happened anyway, and you know it.” He reached over and took the green grapes from Yuri. “Come, lay over here.”
 
Yuri frowned over the stolen grapes and crawled over to Wolfram. He flopped onto his back next to the blonde and motioned for him to give him back the grapes.
 
“No… over here.” Wolfram pointed at his lap.
 
Yuri sat up. “No. I'm not going to lay-"
 
“I'm not going to do anything, Yuri.” Wolfram curled his legs under him and to one side. “Just lay the back of your head here, and I'll feed you the grapes. That isn't so bad, is it?”
 
Yuri huffed, but gave in. He moved so he was next to Wolfram and lowered his body back into a laying position. He was more than nerve-racked when the back of his head touched Wolfram's thighs, but he tried to relax into it. Wolfram smiled down at him, the angle a little awkward since Yuri had to tilt his head back to fully look up at him.
 
“You going to survive down there?”
 
“I'll manage,” Yuri snorted.
 
Wolfram pulled a grape off of the cluster of vines and put it to Yuri's lips. He gave Yuri a look that clearly said `you're supposed to open your mouth and eat it.'
 
Yuri furrowed his eyebrows a bit, conflicting thoughts telling him whether to take the offered grape or not.
 
Since Yuri seemed too lost in thought, Wolfram instead ate the grape. “At this rate, you'll never get to eat one.” But Wolfram tried again.
 
Yuri accepted one this time, taking the grape with his lips and teeth, careful not to touch Wolfram's fingers in fear of what that might entice. “Now all I need are a few people with big fans.”
 
“What?” Wolfram titled his head.
 
“Cultural reference, never mind.” Yuri said.
 
This exchange went on for a few minutes, Wolfram feeding Yuri grapes and then Wolfram taking a few for himself. Yuri looked up at Wolfram as he ate. The blonde brought the grape to his lips, and he used his tongue to roll it into his mouth as if trying to be purposely seductive. Yuri shivered and looked away.
 
“Hey, Yuri,” Wolfram said, giving his fiancé another green grape. “What are dates like on Earth?”
 
Luckily for Yuri, he had avoided shocking himself and choking on the little round fruit. “I bet they're no different from dates here. Well, except that we don't use blindfolds to gain someone's trust.” He wondered what his mother had in store for their date. Hopefully, it was a picnic like this. “Some dates are like this, sitting outside and eating at a park. There's movie dates, clubs, school dances, um, oh, festivals. Whatever is going on at the time or whatever someone can afford usually defines what the date is. Oh, there's amusement parks too, like the fair and going out to dinner.”
 
“That's a lot of stuff to do,” Wolfram pointed out. “We don't have a lot of those things on Shin Makoku, so you'll just have to show me one day.”
 
Yuri yawned. “Yeah.”
 
“You getting tired?”
 
Yuri moved a little, but his head remained in Wolfram's lap. “Maybe I got too much sleep last night.”
 
Wolfram ran a hand lightly through Yuri's hair. “I should have woken you up earlier then.”
 
Yuri felt his eyes growing heavy and his body weakening under Wolfram's gentle touches. Wolfram's lap was achingly comfortable, and Yuri had to fight himself not to fall asleep there. Who knows what Wolfram would do if Yuri napped on his lap.
 
“Wolfram?” Yuri's eyes were closed, his hand curled next to Wolfram's knee.
 
“Yes, Yuri?”
 
“I think that even though you're not good with babies, you're good with kids,” Yuri said before he yawned again.
 
Wolfram continued his soft touches in Yuri's hair and daringly across his cheek. “The same could be said about you.”
 
Yuri weakly nodded.
 
“Yuri?” Wolfram put his hand on Yuri's shoulder and shook him just a tiny bit. “Are you going to sleep?”
 
Yuri shrugged his shoulder to remove the offending hand. “Mm,” was the only response he gave.
 
Wolfram smiled to himself, stroking back Yuri's hair as the black-haired king fell asleep in his lap.
 
-o-o-
 
End chapter 7
 
Ah, Greta spoiled it… but she's so important to Yuri (and to Wolfram) that I can't just not have her in the story. Besides, she's the reason Yuri gets to see a good side of Wolfram.
And Yuri fell asleep! What is Wolfram to do?! And creepy part is, I kept yawning as I wrote that part.
 
Read and review, please!