Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ But I Don't Like Boys? ❯ Get Out of the Closet Already!! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

But I Don't Like Boys? By Shukumei
 
Disclaimer: Kyou Kara Maou and all its characters belong to Tomo Takabayashi. You know the drill.
 
Warnings/Spoilers: This does take place after the end of the anime series, but as of right now, there's not too much in the way of spoilers. This is a boy/boy love story, and therefore, two guys will be involved in a relationship together. If this isn't your cup of tea, I suggest you find another story... Also, rating may or may not go up in later chapters.
 
Author yapping: Sorry, if this chapter seems a little rushed. Remember, I didn't originally have the closet planned, so I had to throw some stuff in there.
 
Avid Fanfic Reader - Thanks for the review! I tend to rush the chapters out as soon as I finish them so that people can read them sooner, but I read through it at least once. Even then, I tend to miss stuff until I read it again on the site itself.
As for your comment about Wolfram being reserved, I can understand/see that. It's hard to write some characters the way they really are… I guess I just see Wolfram being difficult, jealous, and thus outbursty. ^-^ Obviously that's not all I see, but that's generally his quality that I can write without too much trouble. Perhaps now that Yuri is actually trying to be in a relationship with Wolfram rather than just avoiding it, Wolfram has new hope, and so he's willing to be a little more open?
 
-o-o-
 
Chapter 9: Get Out of the Closet Already!!
 
“Three!”
 
Yuri squeezed his eyes shut, his mind racing in all different directions. This was going to look so worse than it really was…
 
His eyes suddenly flew open, not from the noise of the jar swinging inward and slamming against the wall, not from the guards barging in and gasping, but from the feel of Wolfram's lips against his own, stealing a gentle and chaste kiss. It was over in that very instant, but Yuri was still shocked into stupidity.
 
Wolfram leaned against Yuri and put a hand on his chest. He turned to look at the guards annoyedly. “A little privacy?”
 
Both guards quickly stood up and straight from their similar shock of stupidity. They saluted and swallowed nervously. “Y-Yes, Your Excellency!” They shut the door in a hurry.
 
Wolfram returned his hands to the back of Yuri's neck. “Now where were we?”
 
Yuri gawked at Wolfram and vigorously shook his head. “I-" He hastily broke their contact and stumbled backwards.
 
“Watch out!” Wolfram yelled before Yuri tripped over a bucket and landed awkwardly in the mess of brooms and mops. Wolfram cringed. “You okay, Yuri?”
 
Yuri felt dizzy, light-headed. He was tangled up in the cleaning supplies and tried desperately to get himself out of the embarrassing position.
 
Wolfram stepped forward and grabbed one of the mops to set it aside. “Here, let me help you.”
 
Yuri complied and stayed still, only moving when Wolfram told him to. It took a short while before Wolfram was finally able to extract the black-haired boy from his predicament. Strange as it was, Yuri felt every touch as Wolfram would accidentally brush against him or leaned over or closer to him to move an offending mop/broom. Was a simple kiss really supposed to make Yuri so aware of what someone was doing? This was crazy.
 
“There.” Wolfram dusted himself off and held out a hand to Yuri. Yuri took the proffered hand, and Wolfram pulled him up. Yuri winced when Wolfram touched the side of his back, just under his ribs. “Oh, I'm sorry, Yuri.” He stepped back and put his hands behind his back to avoid touching him further. “Did you bruise something?”
 
Yuri dully nodded. “I think I jabbed myself with one of the shorter brooms. Man, I'm getting all beat up this morning.”
 
“I'm sorry.”
 
Yuri looked at Wolfram. “What's there to be sorry for?”
 
Wolfram fidgeted with his hands behind his back. “If I would have known you would have reacted like that - I should have known better, I guess. From your choking reactions to sex talk,” he paused to give Yuri a chance to breathe if need be. He continued when Yuri didn't choke on his own spit, “Kissing you certainly wasn't the right answer. It was inappropriate, and I apologize for not only putting you on the spot like that, but for causing your overreaction into the pile of cleaning supplies.”
 
Yuri's mind twisted this tone from Wolfram around in his head. Instead of replying with a `thank you', `I forgive you', or even a `that was a heartfelt apology', Yuri quickly blurted out, “Damn right it was inappropriate!”
 
“What?!” Wolfram clenched his hands into fists by his sides. “You didn't have to so readily agree, wimp.”
 
Yuri huffed. “Well, I don't think you had the right to take my first kiss, and it was- it was so unromantic!”
 
“As your fiancé I completely have the right to-” Wolfram stopped short and blinked. “Your first?”
 
Yuri's cheeks turned a shade of bright red, and he quickly looked away from Wolfram.
 
“Really?” Wolfram practically wriggled in excitement. “I can't believe I got your first kiss!” He squeezed Yuri in a tight hug, grinning. “I just hope I get to claim more of your firsts.”
 
“Aa!” Yuri shoved Wolfram away, his face still red. “Stop groping me!”
 
Wolfram eyed Yuri suggestively. “Was that your first groping?”
 
“Aa! Forget it, I'm leaving!”
 
Wolfram pulled Yuri back before he could reach the door. “Wait, Yuri.” He dropped his hand from Yuri's arm when the black-haired boy glared at it. “I'm just teasing you; you should know that by now.” Wolfram quietly chuckled. “Mom's hugs are more like excuses to grope people.”
 
Yuri nodded. “Yeah.” He was surprised to find himself calm. A moment before, Yuri was freaked out, completely out of his comfort zone. Sure, he had decided to give Wolfram a chance, but was he really ready to commit to what a gay relationship meant? Yuri didn't even really understand the steps to a straight relationship. Was it okay for him to step out on the wrong foot when he had nothing to compare his connection with Wolfram to?
 
Certainly, Yuri was willing to admit that Wolfram was beautiful - fair-skinned and with amazingly green eyes. But Wolfram was raised as a soldier; there was nothing feminine about that. Was Yuri attracted to Wolfram's mother, Cecile? The mother and son looked so much alike that it still amazed Yuri to know that they were blood-related to Gwendal and Conrad. Yuri just remembered being in awe and shock when the former Maou Queen hugged him. She had been so soft and squishy. God, her breasts; they were gigantic!
 
“Yuri?”
 
Yuri blinked and cringed at the memory of Cecile's large breasts squishing his face. That hadn't been sexy at all. Yuri looked at Wolfram, who was standing in front of him, his cheeks faintly flushed. “Yeah?”
 
“You've been staring at me.” Wolfram curled his hands nervously in front of him. “Wha-what were thinking about this whole time?”
 
“How long have we been in here?” Yuri looked around the confines of the small closet.
 
Wolfram shrugged. “Half-an-hour or so, I suppose.”
 
“Aa!” Yuri threw his hands up.
 
“Aa?”
 
“We might not make it!” Yuri grabbed Wolfram's hand and bolted out the door.
 
Wolfram gave a slight `meep' of surprise before he was tugged out of the storage closet.
 
 
-o-o-
 
End chapter 9
 
Originally, with the way I had plotted out the story, the first official kiss doesn't happen `til, uh, many chapters later. I feel so bad. But this is my attempt at letting Yuri go at his own pace in this relationship, which is damn slow!
So just remember that this particular story is about Yuri falling in love, with some sexual feelings to egg him on a little faster. Believe me when I say that that sort of stuff is a long way coming for Yuri. I figured to make this story about the falling in love and then perhaps make a sequel with getting into marriage and all that sort of stuff where their relationship has grown and I can get into all the smutty stuff. XD
And I was supposed to have Yuri's apology sort-of-date in this chapter, but it looks like it'll have to wait for next chapter again. I sowwy!
 
Read and review, please!