Labyrinth Fan Fiction ❯ Wiskied Dreams ❯ Champaigned Wishes ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Champaigned Wishes


He watched her from the same darkened corner every night. Waiting for the small signs that it was time for their nightly encounter, a slight loss of balance as she sat on the stool, the inevitable fumbling with the bottle. He laughed to himself, a soft bitter sound, full of self loathing.

It had started off harmless enough, well harmless for him at least. Watching her had become his nightly obsession. Her routine had never differed, each night she would sit at her vanity, brushing her hair and retire to bed.. alone. Until that fateful night. He watched as she began to dress in clothes far more revealing then ever before, not part of the script as it had been written for so long. Intrigued his eyes never left her, ever watching as she entered the some one disreputable pub. At first he thought she merely ment to drown her sorrows. A silly mortal custom to ply ones self with spirits until all is forgotten. Then she turned to the room, blatant promise in her eyes, an open invitation to anyone who cared to look. The crystal shattered in his hand as he realized that she ment to give what belonged to HIM to some random stranger in the night. The very castle walls shook as he unleashed his fury, and before the ground had even settled, he was gone.

It was a simple plan, bed her and leave her. Rejection. A lesson hard learned but he would be most glad to teach it to her, as she continued to teach him with her every breath. Take all she had to offer and then as the sun rose, revel before her in victory and take his leave out of her life forever. He had offered her his heart, his devotion and even his kingdom for her love, and now she was willingly giving herself to anyone who was foolish to take it. Well he was always foolish where she was concerned.

Of course, in his arrogance, he forgot that this was Sarah and nothing would ever go as expected betwixt the two. With each caress, each fevered moan, he found it more and more difficult to harden his heart to her. Then, as they both spiraled up and towards completion, she screamed his name. He stopped, his world once again turned upside down by the one woman to ever defeat him and his heart. Realization dawned as he watched her slip into unconsciousness, a peaceful look to her face that had been absent for so long. The irony was so exquisitely painful. He was to pretending to be some one else, so that she could pretend the someone else was himself. He left her before the sunrise, uncertain of the newest twist to an already twisted relationship.

Still he came each night, left each dawn. As addicted to the feeling of being wanted by the one he loved as she was. Each night swearing he would not go to her, each morning swearing he would not leave. He gazed through half hooded eyes, watching as she turned away from the bar and towards the crowd. He hesitated at the expectant look on her face, maybe this was the night he would be strong enough to resist her. No sooner had the thought crossed his mind then her eyes began to shimmer and the desperation in her face called out to him. Slowly he made his way across the room, ready to dance the web of lies they both had woven so beautifully. And maybe this morning would greet him still wrapped in her embrace, ready to face the day as himself in her eyes…

But that is just a pretty wish and he is a giver of dreams, not the receiver.


A/N I know I’ve received so many emails and review in support of Retold, and I promise it will be completed! But I have not been able to get this plot out of my head and I have to finish it before I’m allowed to write anything else it seems. It will be a three shot, Sobered Reality coming up the first of the week.