Legal Drug Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

< I hope you all enjoy this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please, Review I would love to know how poor or well I have done. Thank you. R/R
- Li >
 
 
 
~ Darkness….
Everywhere I have gone. Darkness….
It hurts….
There is something cold on me, but my mind slips off into the darkness….
Why do I torment myself? Why do I make myself suffer…
Please….
Do not cry …
Never you…~
 
I am a master of sleeping in late. When I lived in my previous establishment, I was known to be a pretty lazy person and doze my days away under a tree when the breeze was nice. I suppose I should not be lazy at this moment of introduction. My name is Kudo Kazahaya and I live with the worst person ever! Himura Rikuo.
 
“And for the weather today, clear skies as the spring season approaches; A nice day for a picnic. As for the rest of the week…” the radio buzzed as my dormant body lay rest under the heavy protection of my sheets. That is, until he came along.
 
“Kazahaya. Get up. You will be late again for work, or do I have to get Saiga to get you up?”
 
“Hey, I can see your skin” a cold semi-rough hand grazed against my hips as I shot out of bed yelping in a disarray. My body shivered profusely not accustomed to the morning crisp of early spring. I bet that big lug head is frowning at me again. Can't a man get some sleep around here? I gritted my teeth together in yet another turn out of the morning routine.
 
“Why can't you ever leave me alone?” I huffed to him as I hoisted myself out of the bed and tumbling into the single bathroom that we share. As I stare into the mirror I am reminded of a grizzly bear. My soft brown hair is tousled in every direction as my skin drags under my eye. The sand man really punished me last night. Kakei's assignments are really taking a tole on me. But who am I to refuse money at the moment now?
 
After bathing and taking care of the rest of my toiletries, I threw on a pair of baggy cargos a shirt that excellently detailed my attitude at the moment of “rebellion” and dashed down the stairs to claim my job once more as the young boy at the local drugstore.
 
“Hey there Kudo, I heard you from upstairs, something good happening to you lately?” A tall man thin but broad smirks at me from a close in distance as one of his hands found it necessary to toy with my hair messing it up. I could tell just by looking into the reflection of his consistent sunglasses.
 
“Teasing the children already now, Saiga?”
 
“Good morning, Kakei!” Kakei, he is the owner of this little drug store. He is beautiful. Awkward for another guy to say so, but he is. His gentle eyes and shimmering healthy hair, thin frame he should have become a model or a T.V. star. Unlike that big brute, who always hangs on him like a monkey to a tree branch? I question Saiga sometimes, there are many mysterious I do not know about him that always surprise me.
 
Kakei inched towards the door into the backroom beckoning us all to follow him before the store opens. Usually this indicates he is about to lecture us or give us one of his special missions.
 
“I have a mission for the two of you” how did I know? “are you willing to accept? It is quite simple.” he always says that and of course, I eagerly jump in for a money opportunity.
 
“I accept!”
 
“You idiot! You should hear him out first!” Rikuo yelled at me though next to me and then he reminds me of my error.
 
“You will be traveling to hidden village located at the base of the Fuji Mountains. Not many now about this village. The technology there is not what you are used to here.
 
“In other words boys, you better learn how to co-operate with nature” Saiga butted in saying to add to the joy of the assignment. “I have had Saiga prepare your clothes for the travel, make sure to wash your clothes.” At the end of the statement two different sized male kimonos were lied out upon the table for observation. One that was small at the shoulders, almost a female's size, decorated with reeds at the base of its green body and blue sash. The opposite of the small one was a tall navy blue that was broad at the shoulders a decorative diamond pattern in consecutive rows with an even darker shade of blue for the sash.
 
“There are your clothes boys. Your assignment is to retrieve the phoenix, though I head you two to be careful, I heard the phoenix is one tough bird.” And there it is, that trademark smile of his that either can kill you or enlighten you. “That is all, now to your duties, your train tickets will be found in your rooms, your train leaves today at 7, so you shall get off at 5 to prepare for your travels. Good day boys.”
 
Damnit, why do I always have to screw up? I know he is giving me that stare; all I have to do is look from the corner of my eyes and Yup! There it is, his intense dark gaze is upon me like a weight pushing down on my shoulders. Oh well! He has to deal with it!
 
“We shall see how this turns out cat boy. But it can be fun.” My eyes still locked on his face now move back in front of me for he sped up to halt my movements at the door slamming it shut in front of me as I tried to turn the knob to open it. He gazed at me the once annoyed intensity now reverted to a melty gleam in his eyes. His hand the held the door shut relaxed as he shifted his weight on to his right leg. I decided to back up to the door as I felt my eyes glue on to his in no attempt to let go. “You know, you can be really cute sometimes.”
“Rikuo…” My breathe escaped me as I said his name.
 
His unoccupied hand rested under my chin as I felt my head slowly rise; his thumb tracing my bottom lip. He licked his lips and that made my heart jump making heat rise to my face. No… Not here. I am a guy.
 
He let go…
 
“C'mon bird brain, we got work to do, only a few hours until it is 5”
 
~
 
I stop here! Next time on Chapter 2
 
What just happened? Why did he make a pass on me? Why am I reacting this way? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!?
 
What will become of the two and what about this phoenix? A hidden village on the scared mountain of Mt. Fuji? This sounds all too suspicious to me, but you shall see!! On the next exciting chapter of Shadow! Your lovely author.
 
- Li <3 ~