Legal Drug Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm sorry to all!!!! Lately, my life has been a roller coaster of such, but oh well. I am deciding to send pictures of all the drawings pertaining to this fan fiction to all who review it. I will also take requests, but if this is the case, please take note to not expect your drawing right away. Everyone deserves a fair chance; I think this will be something fun and beneficial for all. But nonetheless you will get it. Now, ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!
 
Li
 
~ Deceit….
It is such a powerful force…
Cruel…
Yet…
Painful…~
 
Who would have thought? Such cute innocent girls like Shinta; I feel bad now, I always thought I had a hard life, but compared to her, I am a big crybaby.
 
~Conversation with Grandpa~
 
“When Shinta was born into this world, she was born dead.” DEAD?! How she is here alive and so cute. I think the old man is full of himself.
 
“How can she be dead? She was just right here with us!”
 
“Let me finish. She was born dead into this world. Both of her parents, my son and his wife, were very upset and grieved for many hours in the hospital instead of celebrating the joy of a new life. She has smooth black hair like a typical Japanese child before they decide to color their hair if wished. But then miraculously, she began crying before the hour of midnight and her father and her mother both graciously hugged her in joy. However, later that very same year, her mother passed away due to an iron deficiency. Since my son's wife's death, my son decided to come and live with me in this village, where he was rightfully born and raised. The two of them shared happy days until Shinta turned the age of three. Unfortunately, my son was involved in a monster car accident and lost his life while the other man driving the truck lived. No all on her own, with no siblings, and no rightful parents, I decided to take her in as my own child.”
 
I noticed Rikuo's eyebrow bouncing in anticipation to say something, but he is too respectful to “butt” in to the conversation. “Not to disturb your story, but you mentioned she had black hair, why is it then red?” Maybe I was wrong.
 
“I was going to get to that…you see, when Shinta finally turned five, she died again. She fell from a tree when she was climbing it on a damp morning, trying to fetch a nearby swallow's nest, but…” it was so silent, I felt like I cold hear what Shinta could have sounded like when se fell, an eerie cry for life. “In this village's culture, once the one's who proceed you can not give a prodigy, then your family line will be …obsolete. In an act of fear, I quickly gathered Shinta's battered form into my arms and dashed to the temple of the moon guardian. I then placed her body before the pedestal and begged the moon god for her life back. In return, is the moon god every needed a body, he could use her as a vessel into this world. She does not know all of this, she has no memory of her parents or anything before then.”
 
I could feel my blood boiling, the heat and anger rising to my face; I know it is apparent I want it to be!
 
“You sold her body to a God?!” I could not believe what this old man was saying to me. I knew he was crazy, but damn! Who the hell does he think he is? All for a family title?!
“Don't you know she is a living person?! It would kill her to learn the truth! How can you do that to such a sweet girl? All for a title and family?!” I cannot take this anymore! I have to get out of this room! I gather myself and stomp out of the room into the crisp night air.
 
~End~
 
So here I am now walking around aimlessly just to blow some steam. Sigh…Really…that is so sad…I don't think I could live if that happened to her…an image of light colored brown hair flows in the wind mixed with the sheen of a beautiful face to accent it all perfectly…'Kazahaya…what you are doing?' that wonderful scene finishes before I was interrupted by something that was moving around in the nearby garden.
 
It's Shinta, but why is she out here? I must go and investigate this on my own.
 
I decide to follow her to where ever she plans on leading me unknowingly and record her every movement in my head. She trots first over to the pond and stands in front of the water for a moment. While she is standing there, the way that she moves her arms and her soft voice speaking almost secretly…I think she is praying… but for what?
 
Okay! Now she is moving out towards the temple of the moon God… “Moon God…how distasteful to do such a thing”, I say to myself as I remember her grandfather's words. She slowly creaks the door open and takes a lookout peek before entering in. Time for me to go in a semi-ninja mode; I must admit I have some tricks up my sleeve. Even Rikuo says I have cat-like reflexes. Humph, I can already see that jerk snickering. Gah! He pisses me off. It was either from the steam of my annoyance or something else, but I could feel that I am blushing. Oh! Back to Shinta! DAMNIT! Where did she go now? I look both ways to take in my surroundings and hunch my back over to rest on all fours. I swear I could feel cat ears grow on top of my head, whiskers from my cheeks, paws for hands, and a tail from my tailbone. Nya Nya! Must find Shinta *purr* I wriggle my gluteus maximus in the air and stalk right into the temple by jumping into one of the windows on the side of the building and watch my prey as she walks over to the statue of the moon God reaching a small hand out to touch the crevices that outline the structure. I curled what felt like a tail around my waist and kept my eyes on her.
 
“Oh moon God, for reasons I do not know, I come and visit you” She smiles “But that does not bother me, I've always liked the moon spirit.” And now she giggles as she seats herself on to the wooden floor, which looks like she is about to lie down. From where I see her, her features look so calm, she seems so happy as her breathing is smooth. At least she is safe, I walk over to her and pull the jacket that she has on over her snuggly without waking her.
 
Damn, if only she knew, would she still be like this?
 
I treed back out losing all of the feline features that I had gained during my stealthy mission. For some reason, at times like these, I tend to head back to the pond always, for reasons unknown to myself. Approaching the lucid liquid, I stare in a daze watching the occasional ripple due to the fish swimming around. I notice that I cannot see my reflection, so I bow down on to my knees and hover over the water. The crescent moon rays beam into my eyes. Suddenly, the moon flips in a reflective rotation and grins brightly. Pair of golden eyes then joins the happy gesture and this falling on to my bum sets me back. What the hell is going on?
 
“My lovely human pet. So nice to see you again” GASP! It is that jerk! Who kissed me! That just sounded dumb.
 
“Who are you? I don't even know your name!” I yell in frustration while flustered at the same time. I have to admit, he is a pretty man.
 
“You do not have to worry about that,” he said as he was now rising from the depths of the pond taking on the form that can take anyone's breath away. I swallowed a lung full of air as he proceeded to glide in my direction tentatively watching me till stopping.
 
“Stand up” he commanded me. Who does this guys think he is? I think in this area, all the men have some kind of authority issues or mental issues. Regrettably, I stood up dusting all the earthly grime from my butt standing up straight. Our eyes locked. Golden emerald shimmers added with plain emeralds mixing gazes with each other. I could sense he was about to do something. It is just one of those eerie chills you get that run up and down your spinal. As I had predicted, his left hand rose to touch my cheek lightly sweeping at my skin. But all this silence and affection stopped when a yell could be heard.
 
“Yoji!” Huh? Yoji? Is that his name? I look at him and then to the direction of the yell. “Yoji!”
 
“Yoji?” I say out loud softly. He looks at me and grins.
 
“Yoji!” I turn to look at who ever is yelling once more and notice it is Shinta. Shinta?! What the hell? Why is she here? She looks a bit different. Looking closely at her, nothings really changed, but something feels different.
 
“Shinta”
Huh? Huh? I look back and forth between them. Okay I feel lost. What is going on? AH! Why am I here?! I feel like sobbing, uh…. T_T;
 
“My lord, Forgive me for my actions, but I had to come see you. Please! Return my love!”
 
Whoa! Did she just say she loves him? This is seriously getting weird. I can feel the tension and it is t-t-iiiinngl-l-ly...AH! ><
 
“But I do not love you. You are just a subject to me.”
 
Oh my gosh…Where is Rikuo now? I wish I could have his sarcasm over this!
 
“But Yoji!” she screamed yelling up to him leaning against his chest. This is getting pretty serious.
 
“Silence! Do not call me by that name!” With his statement clear, he grabbed Shinta by the hair man handling her toughly and tossed her to the side.
 
“Shinta!” I scuttle to her, standing over her in worry. Tears lightly trickle down her cheeks into her mouth.
 
“She is not Shinta. She is one of my most loyal subjects. Her name is Sing.”
 
“Wait, I thought you were supposed to inherit Shinta's body”
 
“Yes, but she slyly took the human girl's form thinking she would be able to get closer to me since she was a spirit and I am of flesh.” I continue to look at Shinta or Sing, which ever and I begin to feel pity.
 
“Sing is a phoenix”
 
“Sing is a phoenix? …Phoenix?!”
 
“That is correct.”
 
“How? Tell me! I must know!!!”
 
The moon God kneeled down to my level pulling me in close to him as his voice traveled a ghostly pitch of warmth that snagged me in. “I will tell you, but it will be at a price…”
 
If I find out enough information, then I can tell Rikuo about it all. This will be able to help us in our case and finally will be capable of going home. All I have to do is be attuned with Yoji and abide by his will. I do hope this is all worth it.
 
 
~
Well I am going to stop here for the moment. I am being pestered to play a video game for my sister. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I kind of had a hard time writing it since there is drama in the family, but hey, life is a soap opera, lol. I cannot stand soap operas
-_-+ Anyways! Take care and thank you all for everything! ^ ^
 
<3
 
Li