Legend Of Basara Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With Your Enemy ❯ Chapter One: What did he say? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Legend Of Basara : In love with your enemy

Standard disclaimer, you know I don't own Legend of Basara, and all that other stuff, now
on with the story.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

- "..." indicated when there is a dialogue
- '...' indicated what the person is thinking

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

WARNING: I suggest you see the anime Legend of Basara or else read the first five volumes of the manga as this fiction is my way of continuing the story after the end of the anime. Hope you'll enjoy this fiction and please review if you want me or not to continue this fic. Thanks and now, on with the story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Very brief summary of the anime:

Japan was under the reign of an Emperor who divided his kingdom in four regions giving each of his sons one region. These rulers were not caring about their citizens and the inhabitants had to cope with cruelty. One of these kings was known as the Red King. Somehow, it was predicted that one day peace would be brought again. Sarasa and Tatara are twins. The first one being a girl, the other a boy. Everyone saw in Tatara the saviour, however the Red King's troops came and killed him. Sarasa decided to take her brother's place and pretended to be Tatara in order to let the people hope. The cut her hair and was decided to follow the path of her brother's destiny. To everyone she was Tatara. However, she fell in love with a boy she met called Shuri. What she did not know was that he was the Red King himself. The latter did not know either that the girl he loved was no other than the so called Tatara who had decided to take revenge on behalf of her family and friends who have died because of the cruelty of the Red King and his army.

Having met many times as Shuri and Sarasa, the two had quickly developed a bond. Separated during her fight with the Blue King, Sarasa was able to meet Shuri again at the palace of the Blue King. As Sarasa helped rebels fight the "false" blue king, she located Shuri among the crowd. After finally being reunited and having declared their love to each other, they were not yet bound to stay together as the real Blue King flooded his own city in order not to let the rebels win.

For more details you should see this websites for more information and a better summary than my one. Just a simple reminder, my fiction takes place just after the end of the anime and does not follow the story line of the manga. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter One: What did he say?

-"Shuri! Shuri!" Sarasa was crying desperately as the water separated her from the love
-"Sarasa!", Shuri yelled trying to speak as loud as he could "If we don't find each other, here, go to the Red Palace, you hear me, the Red.... Arrrr"

The water pushed them apart one another and the two were not able to do anything against this torrent. It took several hours for the water to drain off and let the people get back to their feet. However, Sarasa was helped by the chief rebel who helped Sarasa out of the water

-"What are you going to do now little girl?" he asked
-"Fight" she simply answered 'Yes I must fight and get rid of the Red King, then only I will be able to be Sarasa again. I have to become Tatara again to fight the Red King. I have no choice, this is my destiny. Shuri, please wait for me. I have to do his for my family, you understand, don't you Shuri', Sarasa was thinking to herself.

Having decided to become Tatara again in order to fight dictatorship and injustice, Sarasa decided to postpone her search for Shuri 'It's better that way, I must be concentrated'

As Sarasa recovered quickly, Shuri had regained his palace and had decided to finish off with Tatara once and for all. 'Once this rebel killed Sarasa, I promise I'll come and fetch you... and we'd be together, forever'

Irony was taking place as the two heros were hating the person they loved most without knowing. Could anything come out of this or were they bound to be separated?

A few days later, Sarasa thought back of her last seeing with Shuri... "If we don't meet, come to the Red Palace" Shuri had said, but what had he meant by that? 'I know he has some affairs to deal with himself... could he... be hating the Red King as well? That's the only explanation possible. Oh Shuri, I did not want to see you until I kill the Red King. However, having you by my side would be a great support. I hope you'll understand and ...'

Sarasa was confused. Nagi, her confident came in and felt her sorrow
-"Sarasa, what's wrong?"
-"Nothing... I..."
-"You'd feel better if you told me"
-"Oh Nagi, I don't know what to do or think"
-"I can tell you're in love, am I not right?" he asked
-"Yes I am...the problem is that I think... I not sure actually..." Sarasa was confused as she did not quite know what Shuri wanted to do at the Red Palace. After all, he may be an ally of the Red King.
-"Little girl, first of all your destiny's to fight injustice and to bring peace back to this country. Then, you'll be able to do whatever you want"
-"I know, I know all of that" Sarasa answered a little sadly "First the mission...for that, I have to become once again Tatara"

As things were discussed between Tatara's troops, they were going to head towards the Red Palace as the Red King's army seemed to be weak at the moment according to one of Ageha's spy's. As they came near to the Palace, they decided to stop and put up their camp. Sarasa decided to go to the hot springs near by , hoping to find Shuri their even though she thought he wouldn't be there. She told her people she was going to inspect the surroundings and make sure the place was safe.

As Sarasa got to the hot springs, she let go her hair, in order to have be her real self, a girl. As she approached the water, one of the Red King's guards were there and caught her off guard.
-"What is a beautiful girl like you doing here alone?" he said laughing
-"Get the way out you..."Sarasa said angrily and a little desperate as she had left her sword behind a rock.

The man got hold of Sarasa and put his hand over her mouth in order not to let her cry. He then reached under Sarasa's dress and tried to remove her underwear. Sarasa bit his hand and screamed. Fortunately, her cries were heard. As she was going to get a slap from her assaulted, someone threw a sword right to his heart, killing the guard instantly.

Sarasa turned back to see who her saviour was. It was her beloved Shuri. She tried to get on her feet, but as she got such a shock with what just happened to her, and the fact she had Shuri in front of her, she fainted.

The next moment Sarasa woke up, she was in a beautiful room 'Waouh, where I am? Can this be where Shuri lives? It's beautiful' As she looked around, she was surprised by the fact most thinks in the room were red. As then, the door opened, and Sarasa gasped in horror.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok guys, that is it for now, hope I get a few review for this fic :)