Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ (ZELDA Cartoon)... Jack Frost! ❯ Jack Frost is here ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

PROLOGUE
 
 
It was Groundhog Day in the magical kingdom of Hyrule, and all the towns-folk including Link and Zelda had gathered for the Groundhog's arrival.
 
If he saw his Shadow, then that would mean that they were in for Six more weeks of Jack Frost's winter.
 
Of course if he didn't see it, then that would mean Spring would be coming early.
 
“I'll bet we get Six more weeks of winter.” Said Link.
 
“Don't count on it, Hero.” Teased Zelda, “Look up… it's cloudy today. There can't be a shadow, and there won't be one!”
 
“Well… Excuuuuse me, Princess!”
 
“Hush you two…it's starting… he's coming!” said Spryte the Fairy.
 
* * *
 
[Mr. Groundhog]
 
-Me, and my Shadow,
Strolling down the avenue.
 
- Me, and my Shadow,
Not a soul to tell our troubles to.
 
-And when it's twelve-o-clock
I climb the stairs…
 
-Just Me, and my Shadow…
 
* * *
 
Mr. Groundhog popped out form his burrow, and gazed upon the crowd there to welcome him.
 
So far, everything seemed to be okay… until he looked behind him, and saw it… his Shadow.
 
“Yikes!” he cried, “Pardon me!” and then he raced back into his burrow leaving the crowd, and even Link confused.
 
How could he have cast a Shadow, if the there was no sun light that day.
 
As Link and Zelda walked back to the Castle, they began to feel their noses being tapped by something cold.
 
* * *
 
Link, and Zelda sipped their hot-Chocolate in front of the fire, but still confused about the Shadow.
 
“I know how it happened.” Said Spryte.
 
“You did that, Spryte!” asked Link.
 
“Nope… it wasn't me.” She answered. “But you're half right… It's really a Magic Shadow!”
 
“A magic Shadow?” asked Zelda.
 
Spryte nodded, “That Shadow… belongs to my older brother, Jack Frost… not Mr. Groundhog!”
 
“Spryte, you have a brother?” asked Link, “Jack Frost?”
 
“We've never even seen him before!” said Zelda.
 
“Well of course you never saw him.” Said Spryte. “He's invisible to all mortals, because the winter covers him up. Only Fairies can see him.”
 
“Well, you can see him… only that shadow bit!”
 
“So, what you're saying is, Nobody else has really ever seen your brother?” asked Link.
 
“Nope!” said Spryte, “No mortal has ever seen Jack Frost.”
 
“Unless… you count that one time when he became mortal!”
 
“You mean… he actually once became a mortal like us?” asked Zelda.
 
“Yes, years, and years ago in the time of Link's youth.” Said Spryte. “Even if you never saw my brother, you may have seen his work.”
 
Spryte sat down and began singing to music that magically sounded through the air.
 
 
[Spryte]
 
-You wake up one morning
And you know that something's new.
The window pains are frosted,
And the sky is bright and blue
 
-There are no bids out singing,
and the ground is white with snow.
You can see the words come puffing out
When you say your first…Hello.
 
-You know who had been there,
and I think it's really nice.
To feel the morning through the glass,
Where the dew has turned to ice.
 
 
-He's nipping at you nose.
You can feel him in your toes.
A Shiver and a tear,
Let's you know, Jack Frost is here.
 
-If you try to turn around,
 
[Other fairies]
(Jack Frost)
 
When you hear his icy sound.
(Jack Frost)
He's sure to disappear,
But you know, Jack Frost is here!
 
(Listen…)
(Listen..)
You can her him spread Winter as he goes.
(Jack Frost)
(Jack Frost)
 
-If you try to turn around,
(Jack Frost)
When you hear his icy sound.
(Jack Frost)
He's sure to disappear,
But you know,
Yes you know,
Then you know Jack Frost is here!