Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ (ZELDA Cartoon)... Jack Frost! ❯ One of a kind! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
“Please, Spryte, could you tell us the story?” asked Link.
 
“Okay… I will.” Said Spryte.
 
Link and Zelda cuddled close by the fire, and Spryte began telling the story of when her brother, Jack Frost, became mortal.
 
* * *
 
Spryte: Once upon a Snowflake… not to long ago… in the continent of Termina, there was a little city called Clock-town!
 
One late Autumn day, about a month before Christmas, the owners of a hotel called the Stock-Pot-Inn, were busy with their supplies.
 
* * *
 
An old lady and her daughter were trying to get their Dog, and Cuckoo move a cart full of heavy crates into the Stock-room.
 
 
Young lady: “Mama, the load is too heavy for them!”
 
 
Old Lady: “Ohh… If only I had a team of horses instead of a Dog and a Cuckoo!”
 
 
Young Lady: “Who can afford horses now these days? Who has the money?”
 
 
Old Lady: “I do, dear!”
 
* * *
 
She silently reached into her pocket, and pulled out a small green rupee!
 
* * *
 
Young Lady: “Mama…how?”
 
 
Old Lady: “I hid it from the Skull-kid… I would have something to buy Christmas gifts with.”
 
 
Young Lady: “You shouldn't take the Chance, Mama!”
 
“What good is one Green-Rupee? That's not even enough for an empty box!”
 
 
* * *
 
Just then, a small rumbling sound echoed through the gates, and in cam a strange creature wearing Majora's-Mask, riding on a horse made of rocks, leaves and sticks.
 
* * *
 
 
Old Lady: “IT'S THE SKULL-KID!!! THE KING OF MASKED BEASTS!!! HIDE EVERYONE!!!”
 
 
Skull-Kid: “On, Rockefeller… I smell a Rupee!”
 
* * *
 
He stopped in front of the ladies, who were trembling in fear!
 
* * *
 
Skull-Kid: “Peasants!... Give me that Rupee!”
 
Old Lady: “W-what Rupee… Oh, Beautiful Masked-beast King?”
 
 
Skull-Kid: “THIS Rupee!”
 
* * *
 
Using very powerful magic, eh lifted the old lady off her feet…. And shook her vigorously until the rupee fell into his hands, and threw her back down!
 
* * *
 
Skull-Kid: “Ha, Ha, Ha…!”
 
“A Rupee saved, is a Rupee earned! Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!”
 
“Onward Rockefeller…Forward…Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
He kicked the horses stirrups and took off knocking over all the crates as he passed.
 
* * *
 
 
Old Lady: “Oh… My Last Rupee! We'll have nothing for the holidays!”
 
 
Young Lady: “Oh, Mama… Soon you'll have money. Ice-Money!”
 
 
Old Lady: “Not until, Jack Frost comes along!”
 
 
* * *
 
Just then, a chilly breeze began to blow.
 
* * *
 
 
Young Lady: “Mama…listen, he must be about. Jack Frost is so near, you can almost hear him!”
 
 
* * *
 
A handsome, yet invisible fairy who looked like a cross between Link, and Spryte, flew about and spread his frost everywhere.
 
* * *
 
Spryte: Now the reason the folks of Clock-Town liked winter so much, was because of that Ice-Money the Young-Lady spoke of.
 
See…the Skull-Kid, took all their real money for Taxes, but when Jack Frost came…
 
 
* * *
 
Jack whistled… and spread frost everywhere.
 
* * *
 
Spryte: ...the first he did was make lots of pretty icicles.
 
Then the people took those icicles, and carved them up into little Ice-Rupees.
 
Soon, everyone was rich with there artificial savings, and no one was broke again.
 
Of course, when the warm weather came, everything melted, and they had to start charging things again.
 
And nobody had more fun than my big brother.
 
Being invisible, Jack Frost could fly amongst the mortals, and really be apart of all their joy.
 
That's how he first met…Anju!
 
 
* * *
 
Jack flew right by her face, and nipped her nose. She giggled at the chilly feeling.
 
* * *
 
 
Old Lady: “Granddaughter… why are you heading towards the front-gate?”
 
 
Anju: “I'm going out into the Country-side. It's so beautiful with snow, like a Christmas-Wonderland.”
 
 
Young Lady: “But Christmas is a month away. There must be another reason.”
 
 
Anju: “Tee, hee, hee…!”
 
“I really just want to see Jack Frost's work before anyone spoils it.”
 
 
* * *
 
Jack was sitting up on a rooftop overhearing them talk.
 
* * *
 
 
Young Lady: “You are so romantic, Anju, dear. Find yourself a good solid husband and settle down!”
 
 
Anju: “I will…. When my Brave Little Warrior comes along.”
 
 
Old Lady: “Brave Little Warrior? Anju, Aren't you in love with anybody yet?”
 
 
Anju: “…Only, Jack Frost.”
 
 
* * *
 
Jack's eyes widened.
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: “I guess you could say that's how it all happened.”
 
From that moment on… Jack Frost began to think about being mortal.
 
See…he thought that Anju really loved him.
 
 
* * *
 
Jack hovered over the frozen river in Termina-field and happily watched Anju skate.
 
Just then, the Skull-Kid came by on his magic horse.
 
* * *
 
Skull-Kid: “Good Shortcut, Rockefeller. The water is hard!”
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha… Forward.. On Rockefeller…On… Ha, Ha, Ha!”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: But The Weight Of The Stone-Horse, And The Power Of It's Magic, Caused the ICE TO BREAK UP!!!
 
 
* * *
 
Anju was sitting on a little ice boat, and was being pulled toward the waterfall at the edge of the river!
 
* * *
 
 
Anju: “Oh No!...”
 
“HELP….SOMEBODY… HELP…AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
Jack Flew over the river, and quickly whistled up more frost, and froze the river again, causing Anju to slide merrily to the bottom safely!
 
* * *
 
 
Anju: “Hee, hee, hee…Oh that was fun!”
 
“Jack Frost… not only are you a magician, you're a hero.. My hero!”
 
 
* * *
 
Jack Smiled happily.
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: When he heard himself called a Hero, my brother made up his mind. He knew he just HAD to be mortal.
 
And that made him happy, and sad at the same time.
 
So… he flew straight off for our home in the Fairy-Springs.
 
 
* * *
 
Jack: (Singing)
 
-The happiness of being me,
is not what it's cracked up to be
It's Lonely being One… of a kind.
 
-With all the known variety,
The fame that nature gave to me.
It's Lonely being One… of a kind!
 
 
* * *
 
 
“Awe…That's so sweet.” Said Zelda, “Falling in and wishing to win her over.”
 
“Hey Spryte, wasn't it true back then that the Fairies were what controlled the seasons?” asked Link.
 
Spryte nodded, “Yep… still do, but things have changed since then.”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: When I was younger, me, my Father, King Oberon, was the ruler of all that winter was.
 
And of course he had lots of other assistants, Not just Jack Frost.
 
It was my job to design the snowflakes. Each and every one that every fell anywhere, was made by me, and no two were alike.
 
But every so often, I made a special Snowflake for the Christmas snow, and it was my sister, Crystal's job, to keep those snowflakes safe until Christmas.
 
Then the fairies were divided up into three groups.
 
One group took the snowflakes, and tossed them out into the world.
 
Another would be in charge of all the Sleet.
 
And the Third, would pack up all the hail stones and save them until summer.
 
 
* * *
 
 
Jack: “Spryte… Crystal?!”
 
 
Crystal: “Big brother!... What are you doing back? It's not even Christmas yet.”
 
 
Jack: “Don't worry, Crystal! I have everything nice and Frosted out there, so your snowflakes won't melt.”
 
 
Spryte: “But you still shouldn't be here now. Daddy will be very angry with you!”
 
 
Jack: “I can't help that. I want to ask him a favor.”
 
 
Spryte: “You're going to bother our father with favors, right in the middle of the Busy-Season?”
 
 
Jack: “Spryte, Crystal… I want to be… a Mortal.”
 
 
Crystal: “Mortal? Why Jack?”
 
 
Jack:“I… I have my reasons.”
 
 
Spryte: “You mustn't let Daddy find out!”
 
 
King-Oberon: “I HAVE ALREADY FOUND OUT!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
Strong winds began picking up at the sound of the King's voice!