Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Ethereal Wings ❯ Flames of Friendship (Cont.) ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Flames of Friendship (Part 2)
 
 
I coughed loud and hard, breezing the smoke by my face clear as Link did the same.
“*cough* Great idea genius” Link choked, waving his hat around.
“Hey! I didn't see you coming up with any better ideas!” I shouted, as I wiped ashes from my face.
“I was unconscious.” Link brushed off his shoulder daintily, me pulling my sleeve back impatiently ready to sock one to him.
“Oh you will be in a sec. if you don't—“
“NOZOMI!!” A voice penetrated my anger as I looked up wide eyed, but was almost knocked over by a tremendous force clinging onto me.
 
Aiko was laughing in the middle of a hug as I did the same, squeezing her tightly back.
“Hey! Aiko! Where have you been?” I asked smiling and rubbing my head still wiping off the remaining soot.
“I should ask you the same!” Aiko reared her head back playfully at the question I imposed, “Lee and I have been looking everywhere for you.”
“We were stuck inside that cell that we just bombed.” Link referred to as he shifted his head back as the smoke still dissipating.
 
Lee looked past him, at the Gorons walking around talking amongst one another, celebrating their freedom. I noticed Lee and Aiko's marvel at the new friends we made and decided to introduce them.
“Oh!” I jumped to get their attention, trotting back to the Gorons, “These are the Gorons King Darunia wanted us to find!”
“You mean the Gorons that you and Aiko volunteered us to find?” Lee intervened crossing his arms as Enoch, the working leader of the Gorons approached him.
 
“Thank you so much for helping to save Lady Nozomi and my kind,” He genuflected humbly to the ground, “We are forever in your debt Lady Aiko.” Suddenly Lee's face turned to shock as he shot back, raising on one foot with his hands and arms sprawled.
 
“LADY AIKO?!” He shouted offended as Aiko and Link were cracking up in the background, “Do I LOOK like a lady?”
 
I cringed at the Gorons mistake, realizing it was a harmless intention.
“No, no-no Lee! He didn't mean to!” I stood up for Enoch's blunder holding back a laugh, “He thought you were the other guardian because I'm wearing the bracelet, and Aiko was supposed to wear the other one. I guess I forgot to tell him that she gave it to you…” I shrugged simply chuckling, “Sorry. Total misunderstanding!”
 
“Yeah Lady Aiko.” Link snickered; attempting to muffle his laugh, “A total misunderstanding!” Lee raised his hand in a fist as his brother flinched.
“It's okay Lee, I don't think you look like a girl.” Aiko grinned, making him feel better. Link and I made eye contact though and burst into laughter again.
“Well at least that makes one of us!!” I hooted and hollered as Aiko joined in. She couldn't help it, none of us could.
`Oh GODS he's gonna kill me' I thought to myself as Lee rolled his eyes.
 
“Alright you goofballs; fool around all you want.” He flicked his wrist beginning to make his way down the cliff side, “I've got a temple to fight.” We all still laughed though as Aiko skipped over to him.
“Wait for me!” She still tittered as Link and I did the same. I was about to follow them, but Enoch grabbed my elbow restraining. I gasped a little at his action.
“Enoch…I-“
“You must take this if you wish to defeat the Fire Temple Boss.” He interrupted, placing a golden key in my hand with a ruby in the center.
 
I glanced at the gift and back at his face as he smiled.
“Enoch, I don't know what to say!” I awed speechlessly.
“Is everything okay?” Link called from a ledge peering up at me.
“Be there in a minute” I replied, “Thank you Enoch. We'll…I'll never forget you.” He still smiled happily as I bid farewell to join my friends down the mountain of boulders.
“What was that all about?” Link inquired as I caught up with him, seeing Aiko and Lee more down front.
“Oh nothing,” I led on, waiting for his curiosity to sprout, “Just got this from Enoch, is all!” I flipped out the key grabbing what I was after.
“Woah! You mean he was holding onto it the whole entire time we were in there?”
 
A nod.
“Well why didn't we just take it from him in the first place?”
“Link!” I scolded.
“Fine then. Why didn't he just give it to us earlier? What if you had left before he could have given it to you?” I sighed at all his questions, about to put the key in my fairy pouch where Kazu rested.
“I don't know. We'd be in a hell of a lot a trouble though.” We all cautiously stepped down the cliff anticipating reaching the bottom.
 
“Is it me, or does it seem like we've been walking for hours?” Aiko complained leaning against a rock as she and Lee watched Link and I finally catch up.
“Aiko,” I stated as Link carried me off one boulder that was too high, “you probably have been walking for hours.”
“You got that right.” Lee added leading the way again as Aiko picked herself up off the stone, “Now that we're all in a group, if we keep heading south then…” Lee rambled on where we should be headed as Aiko and I staggered next to each other lazily.
 
“Was he like this the whole time you were looking for us?” I mumbled so he couldn't pick up the gossip.
“Uh huh…”
“Geyser, heads up!” Lee pointed out for everyone, but Aiko and I were still chatting.
“Was Link the same way?”
I shook my head.
“Anything BUT! He pretty much slept the whole time…well…he was knocked out from my magic…and…I didn't wake him up.” I watched Link as he talked with his brother, just thinking back on the few moments ago when I just woke him; his eyes sparkling with a cerulean hint.
 
“Ooh!” Aiko cooed, fluttering her eyelashes in a whisper.
“So…did you all…you know, get all cozy-ed up?”
“EW! AIKO!” I pushed her, almost knocking her over, but she lost balance as her feet juggled along the loose rocks, tumbling over one another. I went to help her, but she pulled me into the dramatic mess, bumping into one another. Pebbles hit Lee and Link in the back of the head, causing the two to check on us.
“What are you two up to—NOW!” Lee shouted seeing Aiko and me rolling on rocks towards them. They went to dodge out of the way, but we toppled right into them with a loud CRASH.
 
I tried to straighten myself out; however, Link was caught on top of me from the fall, his arms on both sides of my head and his body pressed against me.
`How's that for cozy Aiko?' I thought cynically. Gulping, I stared at Aiko and Lee for what condition they were in. Aiko stretched herself out like a feline, still with her eyes closed as both legs were parted over Lee's torso. His and my faces were both bright pink as I cleared my throat to get Link's awareness to our position. He grumbled shaking the bangs out of his eyes and gazed down at me, then realizing how we landed.
 
“Uh, is everyone okay…?” Link started up conversation, sitting up as I propped myself upon my hands.
“Not…quite” Aiko summed up, her eyes tracing up the mountainside, still laying atop of Lee as he watch entranced as well. Plummeting down the cliff side slid boulders, crashing into one another.
“Oh…no” I murmured.
“Hold ON!” Lee ordered as Link shot forth from me, grabbing my wrist and thrusting me forward. Aiko hurried off Lee and commenced running down the cliff with the rest of us close behind.
 
“What the hell just happened?!” Lee shouted above everyone.
“I think the fall and the rocks slipping caused the avalanche,” I explained glancing back as the boulders cascaded faster with the slope, “Sorry about that”
“No time for apologies; anyways, it was mostly Aiko's faul—“
“WATCH OUT!” I disrupted Link by pulling him tight to me, spinning to the side evading a huge stone coming right at us. Lee threw Aiko on his back and jumped to a higher ledge, watching it crash down to the bottom. I breathed heavily as Link did the same, pressing me against the edge for safety as the other rocks slid by.
 
My lungs were collapsing under the sudden strain.
“Are you two in one piece?” Lee questioned yet again as Aiko hopped off him and Link released the pressure touching me. We nodded yelling back, but I was still out of breath.
“Zomi…Nozomi, are you positive you're okay?” Link knelt down to see my face, wash out red as my cheeks swelled with heat.
“Yeah…just a little dizzy that's all” I refused to admit. My ankle was pulsing at the lunge from before.
`I must have twisted it when I pushed him out of the way. `Damnit, why did I have to be so clumsy?' I argued with myself as Kazu fluttered out of the pouch jingling.
 
“Look you two!” he directed to the middle of the rockslide, “Up there!” A red orange thick liquid was starting to pour out of a crevice formed from a rock colliding with the mountain.
“It…it looks like”
“Lava” Link completed my sentence, suiting up his armaments, “Come on Nozomi, we have to get to the mid-platform where Volvagia is” My eyes fluttered as he spoke though, no words making any sense in my head. Vision blurred in and out of my right eye as noises were fading out like in a tunnel. It was the heat
“Nozomi?” He repeated my name as I smiled. Then, without notice, I could feel myself dropping towards the bottom, the vision finally being engulfed by darkness, only my heartbeat and breathing keeping me tied to life.
 
“Shit!” Link cursed, seizing my body, “LEE!” Lee's head popped up at his brother's beckoning, “Nozomi passed out. Something's wrong!”
“We don't have time for a game of operation; you better get both your asses down here before that lava hits” He picked me up and slung me across his back, as if about to give me a piggy back ride.
“Let's just hope this works” He muttered to himself, and jumped off the ledge down the cliff.
 
Bouncing back and forth off unstable rocks, Link pounced furtively to escape the lava cascading after us.
“Hurry!” Lee bellowed already at the bottom with Aiko. Link peered over his shoulder to see the lava at his heels already. Trying to pick up the pace, Aiko noticed the distress of him fleeing from the liquid.
“Link, jump!” She demanded arching an arrow. He leapt into the air as she released her fingers from the bow, flinging an arrow with a glowing tip into the lava. A bright light emit from the impact, pausing its downfall and giving Link time to get away.
 
“That was without hesitation” Lee commented as I arched another arrow, looking around for something, “What now?”
“Where is it? Where is…ah-HA!” She sprinted to a hole in the ground where Lee had warned her of a geyser earlier. Kicking the side of its peak, Lee went to stop her, but it had already erupted. She stuck her arrow tip into the shooting lava, glowing bright red like an ember as it caught fire in an instant.
“Aiko!”
“DUCK!” Link interrupted jumping over his brother as he reached the bottom, almost knocking him down. As soon as he landed, Aiko launched the fire arrow at the bottom of the rocks, melting the top and bottom of them.
 
“Lee, I need you to pick up that boulder to your right and toss it onto the rocks I just melted. That should hold off the lava for a while” Aiko suggested as Lee took the order. Using the gauntlet, he crouched beside the boulder and began to lift, grunting with the stress on his legs and back.
“Come on Lee…” Link whispered, buttressing me higher on his back as I spoke dreaming words into his shoulder. He glanced at me, eagerness and hope shimmering in his eyes, then returned the stare to Lee. With a swift turn of Lee's torso, the rock was sent flying a top of the other boulders Aiko directed.
“Great throw!” She complimented shooting a fist in the air excitedly that her plan was in action, “We don't have much time to outrun this stuff, so let's go!”
 
They all nodded and set forth back along the path Aiko and Lee headed on first.
“So where exactly is the Fire Temple?” Link asked, still hauling me on his back. Lee panted, leading with Aiko at his side and Link close behind. He tilted his head to the left.
“See that island in the middle of the crater?” he implied as Link gazed at the rocky building, “that's the fire temple”
“How are we going to get to it though?” Aiko proposed, “Didn't the grappling hook break earlier?” Link's mind sprung into action though at the question, remembering from earlier. “I think there was a pretty beaten up bridge when we first came in”
 
“N-no wait a second, I still have it!” He said, “It's secured on my belt. I'm pretty sure it still works”
“But what about what happened before?” Aiko asked.
“It didn't break”
“We thought it did. That's why you fell” Lee alleged.
“We thought so too, but apparently, it just relocated the hook on beam. It was unstable”
Aiko and Lee pondered the assumption and agreed.
“Alright, we can try to use the grappling hook again, but this time” Lee halted the group directly in front of the opposing end of the Fire Temple, “You and Nozomi are going first”
“But Lee—“
 
“I'm not going to risk what happened last time, now go!” Lee pushed his little brother's shoulder and began dashing to the other side, looking for a faster route as Aiko trailed faithfully, “Now where did you say that bridge was?”
“I think it's on the east end…” she began to scour the scorching wasteland.
“I'm not seeing it Ai”
“There; on that far ledge!” She announced. He looked past her finger and sure enough there it was. A broken up wooden plank bridge with steps missing and the rope swinging for the handles at the sides.
“Well, this'll be interesting” Lee commented sprinting over to the connector.
 
Meanwhile, Link was re-adjusting his belt around his upper waist to strap me tightly to him. My breathing was beginning to pace normally as did my heart, but Link was too busy in preparation.
“Breathe Link, breathe” He spoke to himself confidently, “you've done this before, just like a tire swing” he felt my head shift on his shoulder blades, “with a girl on your back” The hook shot sprang across the lava and grabbed the upper frame of the temple door. Then in an instant, he swung athwart the heat, wary of the fall below and landed inelegantly on the other side.
 
Gasping for breath, he undid the harness or belt holding me to him as I collapsed to the floor, his body landing beside me. I coughed with the sudden dust shot to my face, sitting up and blinking awkwardly whilst mumbling groggily. Aiko and Link jogged towards us casually.
“Nozomi! You're alright!” Aiko cheered setting one knee down to me, “You passed out on the Cliffside back there. You really had us worried”
“I can't remember a thing” I yawned holding my stomach, “I only recall…” I went off into a daydream.
 
My heart beat in and out of my chest, my breathing increasing rapidly. Where am I? What's going on? There were clash of blades around me and everything was foggy. There was fire! Fire! Someone screamed, it sounded like Aiko. Aiko, where are you? Something sharp shot past me and I fell. Then, there was a stabbing pain in my heart…jolting, writhing within my body and soul. All I can hear are thoughts. They sound like worry.
`Nozomi, I need something from you'
Aiko…? Lee…? Link…
What's wrong Link? I can't see you!
`I need you to do something for me'
What is it? Anything
`I need you to wake up'
What…
 
“Nozomi, Noz-ooooo-mi!” Aiko waved her hand in front of my face like a testing as I shook my head out of the relapse.
“You kind of spaced off there” Link commented, “I thought you were brain dead for a moment”
“You have to have a brain for it to die, Link” Lee harassed as I scowled.
“Okay buckwheat, I'd like to see you go into the Fire Temple without the key” I sassed back crossing my arms.
“Well if we hadn't woken you up then you would have been dragon chow!” Lee egged me on.
“Oh, like I wouldn't have come around?”
 
We began to bicker incessantly as Link endeavored to arbitrate the verbal battle, but Aiko resulted to take matters into her own hands. Crouching sneakily by my waist, she inched out the key from my fairy pocket as Kazu and Tatl buzzed around our heads.
“Put it this way; if it weren't for Link carrying you down the mountain earlier, you would have been dead one way or another”
“So now you were anticipating my death, am I right?”
“No! God, why do you have to jump to conclusions like that?!”
 
There was a loud creak as we head rubble move. Everyone's heads shot at Aiko as she looked up innocently from the keyhole and giggled. We all heaved a sigh and trudged in the gate.
“Let's just put this all behind us, kay?” I suggested.
“Yeah, good idea” Lee replied unenthusiastically as Link rolled his eyes.
“I swear, the nerve of you two”
 
“Yeah yeah,” I huffed. “So where is this stu-“ I quickly paused realizing the shaking earth beneath me, my knees went weak, I sensed it; it was coming.
 
Suddenly, the ground began to crack beneath our feet and separate.
 
“Ahh!” Aiko tripped backwards, clinging on to the edge of the cliff for her life; growling magma erupting angrily beneath her. “Help…help me!” She cried as her feet dangled.
 
“Aiko, grab my hand!” Lee shouted as the earth continued rumbling. Meanwhile; Link and I were trapped on the opposite side of the room as we skipped and hopped for our lives. “You'll be ok Ai!” I shouted grasping my swords handle anxiously at the sight. “Lee will get you!”
 
As Lee finally pulled Aiko up, we all hopped onto one of the islands and stared readily in disbelief at the core; waiting to see something.
Suddenly, a burst of lava blew out from the center of the room; and a giant red dragon manifested itself before us.
 
“…Volvagia.” Link replied calmly; staring at the creature. It growled in reply; ready to attack.
 
Aiko bravely arched an arrow, but the dragon dove under the magma; beginning to play a hide and surprise method on us.
 
“Shit, where'd it go?” The suspense caused us all to form a circle around the island.
 
The dragon continued circling us, rising faintly from below, we kept trying to attack, but it kept diving before we could hit.
 
“Here!” Lee yelled as the dragon burst out yet again and began to shoot many violent flames at us. “We have to spread out!” He jumped onto the back island as Aiko protected me with her spell and Link held up his shield, his feet digging into the earth and his head hidden behind it.
 
“We have to move, I can't hold this much longer.” Aiko stammered with the pressure and heat pressing harder against us.
 
`I'll do the same thing as before.' I thought. `I can counter these flames, I know it.'
 
Building up my courage, I stepped out of the barrier and held out my sword.
 
“Nozomi! You'll get hit!” Link yelled between gasps, but I knew it wouldn't stop until something could put it out. “Separate guys, it has less of a chance hitting us that way!” My sword began charging energy and deflecting most of the fire as the others separated across the islands; a flame struck my leg but I ignored the pain, trying to keep my posture. “Midnight Tsunami!”
 
The black water created a steam against the flames of Volvagia, and sure enough the dragon realized its flames weren't enough against someone who could control water.
 
Hesitating, the dragon growled even more immensely and began to circle us; Aiko re-arched the arrow, and shot it, creating it to pause as Link and Lee did the close up damage with their swords.
 
“Careful guys!” Aiko shouted. “Something is happening!”
 
The walls began to shake as they struck the dragon, its cries of pain only temporary as it shot the back onto the opposite aisle and screeched; the earth crumbled more and suddenly I saw rocks falling from the top of the cavern we resided. Link and Lee stood up; showing themselves to be ok, but there was no time for rest, I jumped across the islands towards them and pulled them as fast as I could; barely dodging the large rocks pummeling down at us.
 
Aiko's barrier was holding off ok as we landed inside of it.
 
“It seems the only time we can do damage is when someone shocks it, and causes it to stop.” Link replied.
 
“I have an idea.” Aiko murmured in concentration. “Nozomi, since you're quick on your feet and agile, you should hop across the boulders to confuse him. While he's trying to get to you, I stun him with my magic; then, Link and Lee can attack him. You both together can deal good damage, and I can tell his weak spot; it's his stomach.”
 
We all gave a nod of approval as the rocks finally subsided, but the dragon was no longer in sight. Under the magma, you could see it moving across the room at an even faster pace. I jumped across the ledge.
 
“Come and get me you over-heated garden snake!” I shouted, trying to taunt it out of the ground as I ran at a steady, but not too fast pace in front of it. In a matter of seconds, it re-emerged from the lava, and I jumped across the platform to the opposite side. Growling, it followed me continuously as I kept up the same pattern, but continued to grow in speed. The angry dragon shot flames towards me, but I diligently dodged them with the pace just enough ahead of its attack range. This seemed to continue on and on as the others watched carefully in case of anything happening.
 
The plan was in action; just as she had thought, the dragon was no longer paying attention to us all, but only me. Though my back was beginning to get hot; I knew Aiko was planning something.
 
Aiko collected energy throughout her body, and she arched an arrow perfectly aimed at the dragons middle side. Her eyes began to glow ominously with a light haze. “Translucent…Shockwave!” As she finally let go from her grasp of the arrow, I paused my running to see that the dragon was being held captive by a huge barrier of light and electricity, causing it to violently thrash against it, dealing damage to itself.
 
“Perfect.” Lee exclaimed, slashing his sword through the dragons side as Link hit it with a jump attack, stabbing the creature.
 
Though all was not safe, as the dragon cried it caused more rocks to begin parading down from the walls, and Aiko sent her barrier around the room yet again. The barrier failed to cover the guys though, as they were still attacking.
 
“Hurry guys!” I shouted “Stop being dumbasses and get yourselves in here!” But before I could finish my sentence a pile of rocks had made themselves towards the guys and Volvagia, crashing onto them with immense force.
 
Aiko screamed as I remained silent in shock, we both stared waiting to see who or what would emerge from the rocks first. As time passed, a mystical glow started to emit from the rubble, and spontaneously, the rocks exploded into ash around us. Rubbing my eyes, I saw Link and Lee holding their swords together as the Triforce power within them started to drain the beast of its power. Relieved, Aiko and I hugged each other.
 
“Come on guys!” Link grunted. “You both have to be the ones to finish it off; you have the Guardians power!” The remained steady, still holding the dragon hostage under the spell.
 
“Right!” We chanted together, pounding our feet on the ground. Burned and bruised, we still stood strong, something inside of us helped us ignore our physical status. Grasping each other hands on one side and holding out our arms on the opposite, something overtook us as if this is what we should be doing.
 
A purple energy around me and a blue energy around Aiko; we gave our powers to each other, my bracelet glowing with us. The energy of Twilight and Ethereal became one, and bursted through and out of our bodies, hitting the foe. It seemed to hold it there for a moment, until it finally overtook the creature, causing it to begin to disappear with the ashes around it.
 
They stared at us in confusion.
 
“Where did you learn that?” Lee implied, confused.
 
“I'm not really sure.” I answered, looking over at Aiko, who was holding the same expression. “I think that's part of the mystery of holding powers we don't even know all about.”
 
A light glittered around us, as the medallion fell from where the dragon once stood. It clanged against the ground, and shimmered a red-orange glow.
 
Aiko knelt down. “There it is.” She said, picking up the treasure. “And that makes three.”
 
I put my sword back in its sheath and sighed. “I'm going to interrupt this lovely moment to let everyone know, that was the single most horrifying moment in my life thus far.”
 
“No kidding.” Aiko answered with a giggle. I was just glad it was all over, for now.
 
With the fire medallion in its rightful hands, we gathered up and I transported us all back to the entrance of the once horrific Mountain that we had tamed. At that very spot, Darunia was waiting for our presence.
 
“I had no doubt all of you would return safely. I don't know how to thank you for ridding us of Volvagia, now we can live in peace once again.”
 
“It was no problem.” Link stated, holding out his hand for a handshake. Darunia grasped his hand and shook it gratefully.
 
“All of you are welcome back any time you wish, you are considered one of us now.” He stated. “The medallion is yours now, keep it safe, my guardians.”
 
Aiko and I nodded with smiles on our faces. “We really did it, huh?” She asked, looking over at me.
 
“Yeah, we did. We were pretty awesome.” I laughed in response.
 
“You were.” Link added, grinning proudly at us as Lee nodded in agreement.
 
“See, Zelda was right. When we all work together, we can get through anything.”
 
We walked down the peaceful mountain side, waving once more to the gorons. As we approached the gate connecting to Kakariko, a shadow crossed our path overhead. Looking upward, I saw a winged creature soaring overhead, something held in its talons.
 
Aiko gasped. “Is that…”
 
“An owl?” Lee finished, as we all ran to catch up with it, it soared overhead again and dropped the item right as it passed us, then disappeared into the horizon.
 
I reached up and caught it with my right hand. Examining it closer, I realized it was a scroll, with a message.
 
“Woah, this thing is from Princess Zelda…” I uttered, looking at her signature on the paper.
 
It was edged with crystals and lined with gold, I knew this thing was definitely not a fluke. I tucked it firmly in the pocket of my travel bag.
 
“We can read it once we reach the main lands, so we can all hear, huh?”
 
Three nods in response, we headed into town and restocked on all the items we had used up, not to mention grabbed some food, enough to get us by until we could get some real food at least.
 
After restocking, we headed back to Hyrule Field and sat near the stream to rest. The sky was a strange pink, and there was no creature in sight. It was like they had all headed elsewhere to feud.
 
I rubbed my burned leg. “Damn dragon…” I huffed under my breath.
 
“We'll get you some medicine for that, don't worry.” Aiko replied handing me a bottle of water and a rice cake we got in the village.
 
“Yeah, thanks.” I responded taking a gulp of the water.
 
Lee looked into the eerie sky. “It's really strange out here… where is everyone and everything?”
 
“I'm not sure... It never used to be this quiet.” Link replied faintly in a daze as he relaxed from the earlier battle.
 
Just then I remembered what we had obtained. We were so tired after our battle, we had completely forgotten about it.
 
I grabbed the scroll and unfolded it, clearing my throat. “Hey guys, listen up. I'm going to read the letter.”
 
“Dear Guardians, I am proud of how far you have made in your journey; though the hard part is yet to come, I have much faith in you. As you read this, I will no longer be able to talk to you again for some time, for I have had to go into hiding from Ganon. However, I send you this message with good hope, for I have left you all many things to use on your journey. Go to the Temple of Time, there you will meet my Elder sister, Emiko. She has always been one to protect me, but now she is in danger with Ganon so near, and the main lands full of battling creatures. Ganon has stripped Hyrule of life, and she is the last person who can help save it. Emiko has part of the power of the triforce, and with that I know she will be of Aid for you on your travels. Also, with you I have left my ocarina. With it, there are two new melodies for you to learn, Melody of Twilight, and Song of Ethereal. Once you know these, you'll know what to do with them. I put my trust in your hands, please get rested, and when you have restored all of your energy, you will know where to go next. Good luck.
 
Sincerely, Princess Zelda.
 
“So that's it… Ganon destroyed Hyrule Field of life…” Aiko whispered in the silent air.
 
“We can get to the Temple through Castle town.” Lee said, standing upright.
 
We crossed the drawbridge into the quiet town, few people still resided, most of them were too scared to go outside. They stared at us awkwardly as we passed through.
 
“Well this is welcoming…” Aiko sneered walking behind my tracks, looking around the village marketplace.
 
“Hey you, young ones.” An old medium lady rasped from her booth, causing Aiko and I to jump. “I sense something weird, but also something very good.”
 
I stared back at the lady, sensing an aura of wisdom around her. “What is it you sense exactly?” I implied, my attention now fully hers; as the others watched as well.
 
“Do you want the bad first, or the good?” She asked mischievously.
 
“Bad.” Link stated. “That way we'll hear the good last.”
 
“Ok then.” She rubbed her hands around a strange glass ball, a haze forming on the inside. “You will indeed get lost sometime soon; you'll become confused, because you can't get through to somewhere…” She paused with a slight smile.
 
 
“But for the good…” She continued, “I see a new face, someone helping you; I even see new friendships and love. This will help you get through the toughest of times.”
 
We all glanced at each other awkwardly.
 
“Uh, haha.” Aiko giggled.
 
“Um, thanks.” I replied, a tiny sweat drop residing on my face. “We have to get going now, though.” I took a few huge steps forward, signaling the others to follow.
 
“Did you guys actually believe that lady? That was the most corny and made up crap I've heard all day.” Lee asked as we continued to head towards the Temple entrance.
 
“Oh come on you party-pooper.” Aiko laughed. “Sometimes it's nice to have something to look forward to, that way things don't always seem so spontaneous.”
 
“Yeah, yeah.”
 
“Here we are.” I interjected, pausing and glancing up at the familiar walls, and pushing open the giant stain-glass doors.
 
The air inside had a strange yet bold scent; the giant room embodied us all as if we were tiny fish in a huge ocean.
 
“Welcome.” A small voice echoed throughout the building. “I am Emiko; Princess of Hyrule, next to my sister Zelda. I have decided to help you on your quest, because from now on, you'll need guidance.” The slender girl stood up from her knees; studying us for a moment. Holding something in her hands, she walked forward.
 
`How can she help us?” I asked inside my mind. “See seems so frail, I mean, she's a freaking princess.'
 
“So…Princess Zelda is your older sibling?” Lee questioned. “Guess the fancy outfits don't run far from the gene pool.”
 
Aiko calmly slapped Lee on the shoulder as Emiko handed us small slips of paper, I noticed the Triforce symbol on her forehead, and some fancy weapon of sort tied in her sash.
 
“These melodies belong to you two. They are the melodies from the worlds you have guarded. The Melody of Twilight has the power to calm and soothe a ravage power, while the Song of Ethereal has the power to awaken a hidden force.”
 
She placed her hand on the Ocarina in her pocket. “ I have brought the Ocarina of Time with me to help aid us. But also, I have a small quest for you both to uncover.”
 
“What's that?” Chimed Aiko and I together.
 
“Within the realms you protect, lies two Ocarinas, one of Twilight, One of Ethereal. Each of these has the magic that responds to the melodies you have with you. As we go back to rest, we must find these as well.”
 
“But…I just wanted to be lazy for awhile…” I whined, as Aiko scratched her head and sighed.
 
Link laughed. “You're on a mission, you can never be lazy. There will always be something to do.”
 
I glared at him agitatedly as we headed out the doors with one new addition to our group. “Whenever did you get so smart?”
 
Aiko sighed. “This will be a looooong journey.”