Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Happy Nation ❯ A New World ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Zelda series. Although some characters are mine.
A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy with school and all. Well, anyway, here it is. Chapter 4! This chapter finally has some reference to Zelda (ocarina of time). I know, it took me long enough.
Happy Nation
Chapter 4: A New World
That night, as he laid on the dirt floor of the warehouse, the boy dreamt of a far off land. It was a beautiful country with a large field in the middle. There was a magnificent castle to the north of the grassy plain. A large circular stone wall stood in the middle of the field, and there were many trees and streams running through it. He was amazed at the sight, the sun shone just over a tall fir tree in the distance, outlining the branches with golden light. It was the most beautiful place he had ever seen.
He did not know what this world was, or if it was even real. One thing was for sure, it did not feel fictional. It was as if he was actually there, standing at the entrance to the castle town.
He forced himself to walk toward the lowered gate. Just as he was about to step onto the draw bridge, it pulled itself closed. Two lanterns lit themselves, one on each side of the now closed bridge. Overwhelmed with disappointment, the boy hung his head. No one wanted him… suddenly, off in the distance, he heard the whinnying of a horse.
When he turned to look, he found himself face to face with a sinister looking man. The man's face was greenish in color and his beady reddish-orange eyes burned into his own like flames. The boy was frightened. As he looked around, he noticed that the sunlight was gone. Black clouds laced the sky and red lightning struck the ground.
The man's sinister smile worried to boy. This dream o a peaceful land had mutated into a nightmare. The man asked the frightened boy, “Do you want to make all those who have caused you pain suffer?”
The boy was shocked. How did this man know of his pain? Of his secret wish to exact revenge? It did not make sense.
The man spoke again, “Come to me when you have decided… Damien” The boy gasped, he knew his name as well. How did this man know so much about him? After that, the man disappeared, laughing wickedly as his grim image faded.
Damien awoke with a start. He was drenched in a cold sweat and panting for air. It seemed like ages since he had last been truly awake. He knew that his body had been there, but his mind was somewhere else. Perhaps in that dream-world he saw? But then, wouldn't he have remembered it?
He looked down at himself, curious as to why he felt so sticky. The image before him was dreadful. He was completely covered in blood, the stench of it made him gag. It wasn't even his blood.
Had someone died? Was he responsible? He put a shaky hand on his forehead. `What is going on here?' he wondered. He looked around the warehouse, wide-eyed. What he saw would haunt him for as long as he lived. Tears began streaming down his pale cheeks. “Did I do this?” He asked himself, horrified.
Damien raised both hands to his face, of every part of him; they had to most blood on them. Both his arms were dripping with still wet blood. He closed his eyes and screamed, hoping that it would all go away when he opened them again. To his dissatisfaction, it did not. What he saw that night would forever haunt him.
When he stopped screaming, he heard the laughter of the man he met in his dream. It echoed through the warehouse, terrifying Damien to no end.
He picked up a bloody dagger that was on the dirt floor. He raised it over his head… the next thing he knew, blood splattered onto the ground once more.
End Chapter…
A/N: Sorry the chapter's so short. Please R&R!