Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Ocarina of Time: My Way ❯ The Great Deku Tree ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2 The Great Deku Tree
Part I
Link looked around in shock.
"Okay, now THIS is weird," the young boy said.
"We have to hurry Link! MOVE IT!" squeaked Rekhyt.
So Link carefully walked farther inside the Great Deku Tree. Inside he saw some Deku Babas and a HUGE spiderweb. Link drew his sword and walked forward. When the plant jumped at him he did a backflip and slashed it twice. His reward was ... a Deku Nut.
"Oh, great, that's just what I need," said Link sarcastically, "a Deku Nut!"
"Just shut up and keep moving," snapped a very annoyed fairy.
"Okay, okay," said Link.
Link went over to the wall and was just about to climb it when ... SNAP, he turned around and was face to face with another plant.
"WHOAH!" yelled Link in surprise, "Hel-lo." He quickly turned and climbed the wall.
"Hey, why not fight it?" asked Rekhyt.
"Oh, yeah, I really want to risk my life on a PLANT! Thank you very much!" Replied Link.
Link pulled himself onto the balcony and ran along the ledge. He looked on the wall and saw some Skullwaltulla and a chest. He ignored the chest, kept on going, and jumped a gap. He then ran to the door he saw there. When he opened the door there was a bush in the middle of the room. Link looked at it with confusion. He turned his back to talk with Rekhyt for a second, but as soon as he turned away the "bush" popped up and shot something like a seed at him.
"Ahhh! Link, look out behind you!" yelled Rekhyt.
"Wha? OUCH!"
Link turned a second too late: the seed had struck in the middle of the back. Link got to his feet and put his shield in front of him. The Deku Scrub shot another seed at Link, but the seed his shield. The seed then bounced back and hit the scrub. The scrub started to run around the room. Link went and stood where the scrub had first made his appearance, then waited, and waited, and waited until finally the thing came back and gave up.
"Okay, okay, you got me. If I tell you a secret, will you let me go?" asked the scrub in a high-pitched voice.
"Uhh ... well ..."
"Okay, good! If you jump off of a cliff and try to roll, you probably won't get hurt ... if the cliff isn't very high. Heh, heh, heh!"
With that the scrub disappeared. Link went through the door on the other side of the room. This room had a platform in the center of the room and a chest beyond it. Link ran and jumped on the platform.
"Well, that wasn't so hard," said Rekhyt happily.
"Hey, Rekhyt, I have a sword, it is very sharp. So SHUT UP!" Said Link crossly.
"Just then the platform started to shake. Link quickly turned and jumped to where the chest was.
"Whew," breathed Link, "That was close!"
He turned and walked over to the chest, opened it, and pulled out the Fairy Slingshot!
"Cool! A new weapon!" said Link, excitement clearly in his voice. He turned around and saw a ladder hanging from the ceiling. Before Rekhyt could say anything stupid he shot the webs holding the ladder.
"Well, that's all good but how are we going to get down?" asked Rekhyt.
"Like this," Link jumped down and cut the grass that was growing at the bottom.
He got five rupees for his trouble and some Deku Seeds. He then went back to the main room, took careful aim and shot the three spiders on the wall. Link started to climb. When he reached the top, he took a look at his surroundings. He saw three large shadows.
"Ugh! I hate spiders," groaned Link, who took out his slingshot and shot each spider twice. Link then jumped off one of the edges, drew his sword as he fell and cut the web away.
"Ahhhhh!" Screamed Link. Luckily he landed in water. He got out of the water and killed the Deku Baba that was there. He passed through the doorway next to him and entered a circular room. Link quickly killed the Skultulla waiting there.
"What are those things? They look like eggs. Ugh, that's sick," said Link, looking at the egg-like things.
Link wasn't about to take any changes, so he shot the egg-like things.
"What were those things?" asked Rekhyt.
"Don't really know ... don't want to find out," said Link.
Rekhyt thought Link looked a little green.
'Naw, I'm just being stupid,' thought Rekhyt.
Link obviously thought it was safe because he walked into the middle of the room. He lit a Deku Stick in the nearby burning torch and burned up the web that was in the way. Link got down on his knees and crawled through the hole he saw in the wall. When on the other side he burned the web that was covering the hole with a Deku Stick.
"Whew! I hope we don't need another of those," said Link.
"Why?" Asked Rekhyt.
"I used them all up! Hahahaha!" laughed Link, who then jumped down the hole.
"AAAAAAARGH!" yelled Link. He landed in water. There were three scrubs.
"Ohhhh ... crap. Rekhyt, what was the order again?" asked Link.
"Wha? Oh, yeah ... 2, 3, 1!"
"Oh, right!"
So, Link defeated the scrubs in that order. A HUGE door opened after he defeated them. Link went through...
Part II - Queen Gohma
Link walked into the dark room.
"Wow!" said Rekhyt, "It's dark in here!"
"Oh! You think?" Replied Link smartly as he walked further into the pitch-black room.
"H-hey, um, uh ... Link?" Squeaked Rekhyt.
"Hunh?" Answered Link, distracted.
"L-look up!"
Link looked up and started. A big yellow eye was looking at Rekhyt and Link from the ceiling. The thing dropped down. She was a very big, ugly spider and had one big, yellow eye.
"Ewww! Gross! What is that thing?" Yelled Link.
'Okay,' thought Rekhyt as Link was running around in panic, 'Now he looks green.'
"Uh, Rekhyt? I really could use some advice ... NOW!"
"Huh? Oh yeah ... strike her when her eye turns red. Ah-ha! Use the Deku Nuts to turn it red."
Link stopped running around and hit the yellow glowing eye with a Deku nut. She fell to the ground stunned, her yellow eye turned red. Link ran up and slashed her red eye six times. She got up and charged at Link, knocking him over. He got up coughing, got in front of her, stunned her and finally slashed her. Three more hits were all it took; "Queen Gohma" was dead. In the spider's place was a heart container. All of a sudden he wasn't tired anymore. Link stepped into the blue light, and the next thing he knew he was standing in front of the Great Deku Tree.
"Whew, glad that's over with! I mean ... holy crap!" Said Link.