Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Ocarina of Time: My Way ❯ Din, Nayru, and Farore ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3 Din, Nayru, and Farore
Link was standing before the Great Deku Tree.
"Sooo... I did it right? I mean I broke the curse... right?" asked Link.
"No," replied the Deku Tree, in his deep, slow voice, "I was doomed to begin with..."
"Say wha-?"
"Sit down I have something to tell thee..." the Deku Tree said, "A long time ago before this world was created, there were three goddesses: Din, Nayru, and Farore. Din used her strength to form the world. Nayru created the law of the world. And Farore, she created the life forms to up hold the law. With their job complete... the three goddesses shot towards the sky. When they left the world, the Triforce was created." Link was sitting on the ground. It looked like he was paying attention... but his eyes were wandering around. "Now... you must go... and see the... Princess Zelda."
And with that the Great Deku Tree passed away.
Link started to run down the path, ignoring the plants but was stopped by none other than Mido.
"What happened?" Mido demanded.
"Uh, well... I... um..." Link was at a loss for words.
"Did he die?" asked Mido, then without waiting for an answer said, "He did, didn't he? Link, how could you?" With that Mido stalked off.
"Pft. What a idiot, huh? I mean come on. He blames you for everything doesn't he?" asked Rekhyt.
Link walked back to his house.
"Hey, wait Link, where are you going? We should do what the Deku Tree said and go see the princess." said the little red fairy who was following Link.
"Listen, Rekhyt, I need some rest, okay? I'm worn out." said Link, weariness in his voice.
"NO!" yelled Rekhyt sharply, "WE NEED TO GO NOW!"
"Or else...?" asked Link.
"Or I won't stop annoying you." said Rekhyt, smirking.
"Ugh! Oh, alright.. Fine. Let's go." said Link, then in a softer voice, "You stupid, no-good fairy!"
"WHAT!" screamed Rekhyt.
"Nothing, let's just go."
Link and Rekhyt started to go out of the Kokiri Forest. They were in the Lost Woods when...
"You're leaving, aren't you?"
Link turned around and saw Saria standing there, her green fairy hovering above her head.
"Um ... uh, yeah." Link said finally.
"I knew you would someday, Link. I mean, you're different from me and my friends. So I want you to have this," she held out an ocarina to him. "That way, when you play it you'll remember me..."
"I'll always remember you, Saria." said Link in a kind voice.
He turned around and ran out of the forest. Saria looked after him.
"Goodbye Link. I know I'll see you again someday. But I will wait. After all, Kokiri never age."
She turned around and went back into the forest, ignoring the strange looks she got from everybody.