Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Zelda: The Heroine of Time ❯ Chapter 1 three's company ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Thanks for the reviews guys!!! Sorry I haven't posted the story in a while; I got really busy moving! Also, it might be a while before I can post more of it, so I'll try to put up as much as possible. Thanks for your patience and Enjoy!


Chapter 1:
Three's Company




(2 years later) Taki and Kit had been friends for quite a long time. Both learned about each other, from where their village was to their fighting skills. Taki found out that Kit could turn into a beautiful white wolf, her true form, at will. Also, Kit was part of the clan of the Kit-Soon. However, when Kit asked Taki of her early life, the girl would quickly change the subject. This especially happened when Kit asked specifically of Taki's childhood. All Kit could get out was that she was orphaned at a young age and had foster parents.Plus, Taki had run away at he age of twelve. Not to mention Taki's mysterious box...
Kit and Taki also shared their talents. Kit was a part-time theif, great hunter, and a wonderful chef, but strict on rules. Taki was a theif, tracker, and, if the pay was good, an assassin. The girls knew each other well and were the best of friends.
Since they had just finished "visiting" Clock Town of the deep south and had traveled all day back into Hylian territory, they stopped for camp. The field they were in was bordered by the Kokiri Forest and Kit noticed Taki kept glancing behind her after they had ventured close to the trees. Sometimes the wolf herself would smell something unusual.
"What's wrong?" she asked. "Do you hear something?"
"Yes and no." Taki answered.
"Well, come over here and eat. I caught some wood pidgeon and put up a fire."
"Yummy!!!" Taki smiled and sat down beside the fire.
Suddenly, Kit's ears stood up.
"Wh-...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " Taki felt something rub against her neck, her most ticklish spot. It was all chaos afterwards. Like a spring, Taki sprung up and started to bat at her neck. Even after her hand came into contact with the object, she didn't stop until she was sure it was gone. By then, Kit had turned into a human and had caught the thing in a bottle.
It was a curious sight: a small, dragonfly sized purple light fluttered around inside on dragonfly like wings! A long line of cursing could be heard from the creature, aka, a fairy. Taki cocked her head in amusement because she had just learned a few new words!
"Hey, you, there's no need for that!" Kit growled. The noise stopped immediately. "Now, I'm going to let you out, but you'd better tell us your name and why you so rudely snuck up on us."
She uncorked the bottle and the fairy spoke as it flew out.
"Hello! I'm sorry for following you. I was just hungry and your food smelled so good! Unlike my mom's cooking..."
"So, are you going to tell us your name, or do I have to pick your brain for it?" Taki unsheathed her sword on her shoulder, still not trusting the creature.
"Oh! How silly of me! My name is Narrator Tasslewing Navigator Tatl Tael....."
Two Hours Later
"...Nag Pixiewings..."
Both girls had lost hope of learning and listening to his full name and had fallen asleep from exhaustion. Eventually, Taki's eyes fluttered open and she quickly picked up her head. Nudging Kit, she whispered to the wolf as she grabbed a pidgeon and tried to eat: "He's still saying his name!"
There was a small plop as the meat in Kit's mouth fell out when her mouth hung open in complete awe.
"...Lightfoot Magick. Nice to meet you! Boy, all that talking made me hungry." He moved over to the pidgeons.
'Thank the gods he stopped!' Taki thought to herself.
"Everybody just calls me 'Narr'(pronounce:air with a n in front of it."nair".). You guys are in luck; I know this forest like the front of my wing. It's dangerous, so I should help you get through. If you want, you can come rest at my tree and with my family tonight." Narr said. he flew off without any more discussion.
Taki hoped as she walked behind him that his family wasn't as talkitive as he was!
* * * * *

When Narr said he'd take them to his tree, she thought it was just a weird name for a fairy's house, not an actual tree! But it was a nice comfy tree, a giant oak, so Taki only had to bend her head just a little bit. Kit seemed familiar with these kind of things, smiling as she walked towards the giant tree.
"Well, here we are!" Narr grinned, stating the obvious.
As he did, two tiny fairies sped out from the tree, one blue and the other pink.
"Hey! Tale, Nag! C'mere, I missed you!" He cried, greeting his little brother and sister.
"NARRATOR TASSLEWING NAVIGATOR MAGICK! " a voice bellowed from behind.
Suddenly, another fairy, green this time, came rushing, whacking Taki down on her butt.
"Hey! " she started, but the green one did not hush.
"Narr, how dare you leave the house without telling me and get yourself in trouble! I told you if you stepped out of line one more time..."
"Excuse me, but... um, hey, but... HEY! SHUT UP!!!" Taki yelled suddenly.
The fairy did become quiet, but it turned slowly towards her. "What do you want, human?"
"Mother, please. These are my friends. Be nice!" Narr pleaded.
"Mother? Friend?!?' Taki thought.
"Tidy! I just recognized you! Wow! It's really you!" Kit suddenly said with a smile. She galloped to the fairy, gently but warmly hugging her.
"Kit! Nice to see you too!" Tidy said.
'Am I missing something?' Taki thought to herself again. 'I guess I'm just the bodyless voice today.'
"C'mon, I just put soup on the table. Come join us and stay for the night. It's no problem." Tidy chattered, flying off with Narr and Taki following.
' Yum! Maybe they'll have other goodies, too!' Taki thought to herself for the millionth time that night.