Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Zelda there would all ready be a sequel to Four Swords. Is there? Not... really...
AN: Enjoy chapter two!

........................................................

Bright light emitted from the sword, as Link held the sword above his head. Shadow hid behind his arms, the light hurting his eyes. After a moment the light dimmed, and instead of one Link there were four, each in a different color. 'It worked...' Shadow thought before the castle shook again, sending them all to the ground. "But this isn't over yet. Guys we need to get out of here!"

The four Links looked at him. "He's right!" the now Green said, instinctually taking up his role as leader. "Now's not the time for a reunion. Let's go!"

........................................................

They made it out of the castle in one piece (humm... is that a pun?). If it could still be considered a castle. It was more-or-less completely destroyed, and it managed to still be getting worse. "Does it plan to level this place?" the calm, brainiac of the group, Vio asked, brushing the rubble off his purple tunic.

"Most likely." Green answered, looking around for some shelter out of the rain.

Optimistic, over emotional, happy-go-lucky, Red had his eyes, and mouth closed tight in an effort to restrain himself. Short tempered Blue rolled his eyes at the shorter boy's tactic. "Oh just go ahead and get it over with." he advised.

"I missed you guys so much!!!" He cried, pulling them into a huge glomping hug of joy. "It's so good to be... separate again!!!"

"Red!" Green gasped. "You're choking us!"

Alarmed he let them go. "S-Sorry... and I know... technically..." he smiled warmly at them. "...we've been together the entire time..."

"It wasn't the same." Vio finished for him. They all looked at each other in silent agreement. "Perhaps we should move to the stables, before we catch our death in this rain..."

Shadow snickered at the thought. "Yes... I can see it now: The great mighty Hero done in by the weather!"

In the stable Epona trotted over to them, then gave them a look that clearly said: 'There is no way in Hyrule I'm carrying all of you.' Red giggled and scratched the smart horse's nose lovingly.

Green frowned as he rung out his (windsock) hat. "Well have to return her to Lon Lon Ranch... Malon will have a fit soon, but we need to go to Death Mountain first and speak with the Princess."

"Sounds like plan." Blue agreed eagerly. "Just one question. Who gets to ride Epona?"

"Not you." Vio said coolly.

"Hey!" He argued.

"She's not going to carry any of us." Green declared, taking the fairest way out. "It's not really that far away. She can walk with us, until we get back. Understood?" The others nodded though slightly disappointed. "Why don't we head out now?"

Red sighed. "I was kind of hoping we could wait until the storm passes..."

Lighting flashed across the sky. Shadow looked up, thoughtfully. "This storm is unnatural... made by the unbalance... it won't be stopping for quite some time."

With a nod of agreement Vio patted Red on the head. "He's right. And we can't afford to sit here and wait. Time is of the essence."

Blue punched the air happily. "Then let's get going!!!"

........................................................ .........

Death Mountain: Dead Ahead.

The five Links, weary and hungry from their journey, frowned. "That's... not very inviting..." Red said.

"Oh don't be a pansy!" Blue snapped. After a day and a half of non-stop traveling in the pouring rain, his temper was even shorter than usual. "Of course it's not inviting! What were you expecting? A party!?"

The out burst made Red shrink back into himself. Green glared at his blue clad clone. "Blue! Don't yell at Red! It's not his fault! Say your sorry!"

Not one to follow orders, Blue turned his anger on Green. "Don't tell me what to do! I don't have to listen to you! I still think I should be the leader!"

Vio sighed, then turned to Shadow. "I think they are getting along worse than last time."

Their Dark world counterpart shrugged. "It's probably because they missed fighting with each other all the time and won't admit it." They continued walking up the mountain, the other three following behind still bickering. "Um... h-hey Vio?"

"Yeah?" He responded, looking at him.

"Err..." he looked away. "About before... I wanted to apologize... about that whole 'trying to burn you at the stake' thing..."

Vio laughed. "Don't worry about it, Shadow."

He smiled. "So you forgive me?"

"No."

"What!?" He exclaimed. He really wanted to have Vio's friendship again, even if it had been all a trick the first time.

Vio smirked. "I'm joking. I forgave you a long time ago."

"Oh..."

"Hey guys!" Green said from behind, grabbing there attention. "There's some Gorons!"

Ahead on the path there was in fact a Goron waiting for them. "Brother! Um... Brothers! Welcome! Your Princess asked us to keep an eye out for you!" He laughed. "Follow me."

"I'm surprised the princess would bring every one here." Green said, looking around at the naturally unsafe volcano.

The sun was shinning down on them, so Shadow was hiding against the wall in the shade. "Well I'm not." He said. "This is the only place left in Hyrule, that hasn't been taken over by the new evil."

The Goron lead them inside and to a well lit cavern. "She's in here. And she's going nuts, Brothers. Even in our best hot spring she refuses to relax."

Blue snorted. "Sounds like Zelda all right."

Princess Zelda was kneeling in the center of the room. Her eyes we're closed tight in prayer. Having had no time to change, her formal princess dress had been worn to travel and was covered in dust. The Knights around her stood as they entered. Links father, who was as one of Zelda's knights, stared at them with wide eyes. "Princess Zelda, the er- Heroes have arrived."

"Heroes?" She asked confused opening her eye.

As soon as her eyes fell on them, they grinned. "Hi-ya Princess."

She was speechless as she slowly observed each of them. "Isn't there only one Hero?" One of the newer Knights asked. "I've only seen one..."

Zelda sprang to her feet, loose hair flying. "What did you-!" before she could finish the mountain shook, sending most of them to the dirt floor.

Vio looked around. "An eruption?"

"No..." Shadow muttered, glaring at the ceiling, as if it was the source of their problems. "It's here."

Blue stood up, and drew his sword. "I guess its time to fight."

"You can't take that out now!" Vio yelled. The ground shook and Blue fell over, nearly decapitating himself. "We can't fight like this!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Came a dark voice over them. It sent waves of terror down their spines. "SO THIS IS THE FEARLESS AND MIGHTY HERO!!!" the voice laughed again. "HOW PATHETIC!"

Blue scowled. "Oh yeah! Why don't you come down here and say that to my face, you cowered!?"

"FOOL'S!" the voice bellowed causing the ground to shake yet again. "THE LAND OF HYRULE IS MINE! I COULD DESTROY YOU RIGHT NOW! BUT I WANT YOU TO WITNESS MY POWERS HEROES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

The lights flickered off, and the ground shook again. Princess Zelda screamed in what sounded like pain. Green jumped up, but the complete darkness prevented him from doing anything. "Zelda! Where are you!?"

"Link!" She screamed desperately. "I'm-" then every thing stopped.

"Zelda!?" Green tried again, but it echoed threw the room unanswered. "Shit..."

There was shuffling as Vio hurried to light a candle. They were completely alone. "Zelda... Dad... Where did they all go?" Red asked in disbelief.

"I believe our new enemy took them..." Vio said angrily. "... and we let him." Blue swore.

Green took a deep breath, as he thought about there situation. "Well then, we need to get them back." He stomped out of the room.

The others followed him. "But where do we start?" Red asked, looking around as they walked. No human or Goron could be found. The place was dark and empty, besides them. The emptiness made him shiver and move closer to the others.

Shadow stopped. "I'll go to the Dark World and see if I can't get some information on what we're dealing with."

"Good idea." Green approved, before the dark Link vanished. "In the mean time we're going to head to Lon Lon Ranch. We have to return Epona any way. That will give us time to think of a plan." The others agreed eagerly.
 
 
 
 
 
Ok this wasn't going to be the end of this chapter, but I've decided that's it's to long and that might make people not want to read it so... Comment please! It will make me very happy!