Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own Zelda four swords.
AN: This chapter is most likely to be incredibly short. Like I said before it's actually the end of the last chapter that I just cut off because I thought it was getting too long. I'll try to stretch it out better.





The entire trip to Lon Lon Ranch was early quite. They ran into absolutely no one. No other travelers, or merchants, or anyone. "I'm starting to think all of Hyrule is missing..." Vio muttered.

"Goddesses help us..." Green replied solemnly. "...we're going to need it..."

The rain, thankfully, had stopped when the people had disappeared. But heavy dark clouds continued to loom over head, depressing the party. As expected, Lon Lon Ranch was as abandoned as any where else. "Malon!" Green called. "Malon!" he opened the door to the main house, with out knocking. Chances were no one would answer any way. "Malon! It's me! If you here answer!"

"L-Link?" came a soft frightened voice from another room. "Link, is that you?" Malon came out slowly. Her eyes where red with tears, and her dress was covered in mud. "Thank the goddesses your here!" she ran to him, and grabbed his tunic, hiding her face against his chest. "I was so scared! A bunch of monsters came in and a-attacked us! It was horrible!"

The others looked at him, confused. He shrugged, unconcerned. Her strange behavior was understandable in the situation. "How did you escape? And where's your father?"

"I-I hid from them... but... they managed to grab Daddy!" she sniffed. "Now I'm all alone..."

Green patted her head weakly. Behind him Vio frowned. "Malon?" he inquired coolly.

She looked over. "Huh? Why... Who are you? Why are there four Links? Which... which ones the real one?" She asked stepping back. She looked almost scared.

Vio grabbed his sword hilt. "Malon... who is Epona?"

Blue scowled, annoyed that the purple swords master would ask such a trivial question. "What the hell Vio!? Why would you ask her who her fricken h-"

"Shut up." Green snapped at him catching on. He stepped away from the girl.

She smiled sweetly. "Don't be ridiculous Link... I know who Epona is... don't ask such silly questions..." she held out her hand towards him. "You believe me right?"

Green stepped back again, drawing his sword. "Answer the question." he said firmly.

Her mouth opened then snapped shut. All the sweetness vanished instantly. "For the love of Ganondorf." (1) Her hands went to her hips, quite ticked off. "And here I thought I was doing oh-so well... what gave me away?"

Red gasped in realization. "Oh goddesses!!! Your not Malon!?"

She sneered at him. "Duh. What are you stupid?"

Red sniffed, taken back. Blue twitched angrily. "Hey! No one calls Red stupid but me! Especially not some weak-ass, face stealing, loser!"

The Malon look alike literally burst into flames. "IMPUDENT! HOW DARE YOU INSAULT ME!?" a cold, fierce, wind blew in threw the open door and snuffed out the flame in the lantern. "THE FIVE OF YOU WILL WANDER MY KINGDOM ALONE AND MISSERABLE UNTIL YOU DIE!!!" The flaming Malon disappeared, leaving them in complete darkness.

Red blindly clung to Blues arm, terrified of getting separated from his friends. "I'm scared..."

The short-tempered swordsman tried to shake him of annoyed. "Let go! Jeez, don't be such a baby. I'm strong enough to take on this joker."

"As long as we stay together, we should be ok..." Vio said thoughtfully. Where they strong enough to take him out yet?

"HAHAHAHA!!!" came the evil voice, once again over head. "IF THAT'S HOW YOU FEEL I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SEPERATE YOU!!!"

Red held tighter to Blues arm. "Not again!"

"Quick! Outside!" (2) Green ordered. They ran outside, their eyes beginning to adjust to the darkness. The cloud rumbles as if with laughter. "Damn it. Any ideas Vio?"

"I'll tell you when I come up with one." He answered, deep in thought. "We don't even know who our opponent is!"

The ground shook. "SAY GOODBYE TO EACH OTHER FOREVER!!!"

Wind started to whip around them. They moved closer to each other, still trying to figure out a way to escape. Red closed his eyes tight against tears that threatened to fall. "Goddess help us!" He cried.

Suddenly a beam of light shot down from the sky, to the ground in front of them. The wind ceased blowing. "Hero..." came a mystical voice from the light. "...I have heard your plea..." they all looked at Red, who smiled, and scratched his head sheepishly. "...I will lend you the power of light..."

The light brightened considerably, forcing them to cover their eyes. The four Links gasped as the felt the familiar sensation of splitting, like when they pulled out the four swords. It ended quickly, and the beam of light dimmed, enough for them to look again.

Standing in the center of the beam, was a kid. He was about their height, with pure white hair, under a white hat that looked like theirs. He also wore a white tunic like theirs, white shirt, pants (3) and boots. With deliberate slowness, he drew his sword, identical to theirs but in white, and held it over his head, pointing to the sky. "By the power of the goddess Farore, I banish the darkness!" A beam of brighter light shot from his sword (another beam...?), and the clouds above them disappeared, leaving a bright sunny sky.

Red smiled widely at the stranger, highly impressed. "Wow! That was amazing! How did you do that?"

"I have a better question..." Vio said suspiciously, stepping towards him. "...who are you?"

"...I'm... I guess you could call me..." He turned around to face them. "...Shining Link."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Weee!!! Shinning Link makes his bright, beaming, appearance! Though he's not in the game, I've seen many pictures of him all over the place, and I wanted to include him. Besides it adds a character whose personality is completely up to me. I don't think Nintendo owns him, because he's not in any of the games, but he is another form of Link so... well either way he's not mine.

(1) This just sounded cool; I don't know if an evil guy would say that, because Ganon would be a rival in conquering Hyrule, but whatever.

(2) Not that it would make a difference, Green was just trying to save Malons house from being destroyed.

(3) Are they pants? Or are they like leggings, of something? I don't know... T_T

please comment! Comments make writers happy! I need at least one comment before I put up another chapter!