Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ War of the Two Kingdoms ❯ Invasion ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 Invasion
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
 
 
 
 
Hyrule Field
 
 
 
As the sun slowly rise to shine a beautiful day in the land of Hyrule, the sounds of horse steps were heard in the vicinity of Hyrule field there was a man wearing a black cloak riding on a black horse he was being follow by six knights dress in black armor they were also riding on black horses who were wearing black armors. The knights were firing arrows at him but he was fast as soon as an arrow came at him he immediately took a katana blocking the arrow, he continue blocking the arrows when he suddenly jump out of his horse and at high speed he charge at the knights and took out another katana from under his cloak he attack all of the knights they're bodies fell from their horses and into the ground. Once the knights were killed the stranger sheathed back his katanas and went back to his horse he ride until reaching a large wooden bridge he decided to lay low until the time was right for him, he ride with his horse and went under the wooden bridge once he check there were no enemies in the distance he lie down and went to sleep.
 
 
 
Hyrule Castle(Inner Sanctum)
 
 
 
Zelda was looking at the statue from the Inner Sanctum the beautiful statue was holding the crest of the royal family of Hyrule which was the three triforce. She has been feeling uneasy due to her recent nightmare to her she didn't wanted the peace and prosperity that Link fought hard to achieve be broken by a new evil she continue to think. An old man enter the chamber he seems to be in his late sixties he had a long white beard and was wearing a white robe in the middle of the robe had the three triforce.
 
“Ah princess you're here” the old man said which was Charlo after Gannondorf was defeated Zelda made him the head priest of the royal family
 
Zelda look from the statue to the old man” Im sorry Charlo I was just thinking”
 
“Thnking?” Charlo said” thinking about future events, we don't know what the future holds in store for us that's why we have to live our days to the fullest”
 
Zelda smile at him” this why I made you the head priest Charlo you're very wise and you are absolutely right I have to focus about the present before focusing on the future”
 
“And you should be focusing in the ceremony in two months because is going to be your coronation” Charlo said
 
“I almost forgot about it” Zelda said looking back at the giant statue
 
“Remember princess” Charlo said as he was about to leave” don't get frightened by a bad dream instead take the courage to face it like a true ruler of a kingdom would” with those wise words said the old priest left chamber leaving a happy Zelda behind
 
“Face it like a true ruler of Hyrule I will take those words to heart Charlo” Zelda said as she smile she took one look at the statue before leaving the chamber
 
 
 
Hyrule Field( miles away from the castle)
 
 
 
In the open grass filed there stood a small army of men wearing black armors in black horses, in the middle of the army stood a larger men wearing a black armor with a long red cape. The looked towards the direction of Hyrule castle he gave a soft chuckle while staring at the field, suddenly came another soldier riding on a horse.
 
“Well did you find him?” the armored knight in red cape said
 
“No general the knights that were pursuing him were killed” the knight said
 
“Forget about him then…..for now he'll be hiding from us until we do our little demonstration” the general said while chuckling he looked back at the direction towards the castle
 
“What are you're orders general?” another knight said
 
“We attack the castle were going to show Hyrule what true power is, they wont know what hit them” the general said as he took out his sword” al right men its time to attack LET'S MOVE OUT”
 
“YES SIR” the army shouted
 
Castle Town
 
 
 
Castle town was as always full of people it was just another peaceful day, the streets were busy with lots merchants selling their products. Others business like star game with host Purlo were open the same with Madame Fanabi fortune telling house and the Gorons hot spring water sale. Ever since Gannondorf was defeated castle town has been pretty peaceful nothing much has happened during the last six months only good things in business, Malo mart became a very famous store with their low prices on weapons and items. Purlo has open a new star game which he has made very difficult since Link won the last game obtaining the giant quiver people have been whining that the game was too hard that no one could do it, for Purlo he was anxiously waiting for Link to return so he could show him that his new game couldn't be beaten. Princess Agita was still living in her castle with the twenty five golden bugs that Link has found for her and she couldn't be any happier. Jovani has been living his life normally thanks to Link who was the one who destroy the sixty five Imp Poes in order to change him back to his human self from a golden statue, but Govani doesn't know that it was the Link because he was transform in his wolf form.
 
As the people continue to walk around the town they were surprised as from the three gates of the town an army of soldiers wearing black armor riding on horses came a the town center they started attacking the people without mercy. The people were running for their lives while screaming, the castle guards didn't waste any time as they charge at them but the soldiers were strong as they kill some of them. The people ran as fast as they could so they could get away from their attackers, more of castle guards as they took on the black armor soldiers. One guard went to the gate that leads to Hyrule castle and locked it so they enemy couldn't get to the castle, he immediately enter the castle to warn the princess of the attack that was taking place at the town.
 
When arrived at the main room he saw princess Zelda with three more people one was a man in his early twenties with short brown hair and blue eyes the other man was an older man who seems to be in his early sixties with grey hair and a grey beard with black eyes and the final person was a woman who seems to be in her middle twenties with black hair in pigtails and black eyes. The three persons who were obviously Shad, Auru and Ashei were now wearing a white armor uniform at the chest section of the armor was the symbol of the royal family of Hyrule which was the three triforces forming a triangle. After Gannondorf was defeated Zelda made the three freedom fighters her personnel squadron she knew she made a good choice since the freedom fighters are loyal to Hyrule.
 
The guard went towards Zelda with a frightened look” what's wrong?” Zelda said in a worry like she was afraid of what he was about to say
 
The guard was panting” princess its urgent WERE UNDERATTACK”
 
Zeldas gasp along the freedom fighters but she was really scared fearing that her nightmare would come true and it seems it did.
 
“Princess well take care of this” Auru said
 
Shad and Ashei nodded
 
“Al right but Im going too” Zelda said
 
The group nodded as they left the caste when they reach the center of town where the big fountain stood they all gasp the place was full of dead people and injure among them were women and children. Zelda was shock she just had a nightmare where she saw her whole kingdom get destroy and now it was déjà vu for her and this time it was really happening, she didn't wasted any time as she went to the bodies of her people to check if they were still alive or not and hopefully she pray that they were still alive.
 
“Almost all of the people here are just injure but they need medical attention” Ashei said
 
“Thank goodness” Zelda said softly” the enemy might still be here so it will best if we split up and lend our support to the guards Auru take the east, Ashei take the south, Shad take the west and I will take the center”
 
The three freedom fighters nodded and left according to the directions Zelda told them to go, she then began to use the power of her triforce to heal the injure people even if they were a lot of people she didn't care she was going to heal every last one of them she wasn't going to fail her people like in her nightmare. All the sudden a few black armor soldiers arrived at the fountain where they saw her healing the people.
 
“Hey there's a survivor here” a soldier said
 
“Really” another soldier said that's when he notice her princess gown he smirk” well we actually found her no doubt she's the princess of Hyrule”
 
“Judging by her dress yeah its her al right”
 
“What should we do should we kill her?”
 
“The general didn't said anything about killing her maybe we should capture her alive and sell her to the highest bitter with her beauty we may become rich with her”
 
“Yeah that's a good idea the general doesn't have to find out”
 
Zelda has already stop healing the injure and she was now glaring at the soldiers that were responsible for the attack on her people she raise her left hand and the triforce was shining in her gloved hand, suddenly her golden bow appeared and a quiver of her golden arrows the same arrows she use to help Link defeat Gannondorf in one of their fights.
 
“You will pay severe consequences for invading my kingdom” Zelda said as she was ready to fire one of the golden arrows
 
“GET HER”
 
The soldiers charge in but Zelda was quick and she fire the golden arrow which hit the two soldiers killing them on the spot. More soldiers came because they heard the noise of the battle and charge at Zelda but once again she shoot various of her golden arrows hitting them, the rest of the soldiers were able to get close to her but she drew her sword and cash swords with them. She slash over them one at time until they were no more in the area one soldier that survive was in awe and shock at the princess power.
 
(Impossible such speed and accuracy its not human at all) the soldier thought as he left
 
On the ease side of the town Auru had defeated several soldiers with his large cannon and also because he was being help by the guards of the castle, in time he help some of the townsfolk to escape and seek shelter in a nearby house.
 
On the south side of the town Ashei along with some guards have took on several of the black armor soldiers, she use her sword to slash the soldiers like Auru she was able to help some of the people from the town to escape.
 
On the west side of the town there wasn't as much soldiers as the previous locations but still he took a few of the soldiers with his crossbow the guards help the civilians of the town to escape.
 
In one hour the battle was over a large amount of the black armor soldiers were killed and the rest of them retreated, most of the people who escape the attack have been hiding in Telma's bar some of those people were Jovani, Agita, Purlo and Madane Fanadi.
 
Princess Zelda along the three freedom fighters and some of her guards were at the doctors office, a lot of people were in the office which means the doctor Borville had his hands full.
 
“There so many of them” Borville said seeing the injure people with his large circular glasses
 
“Its al right doctor I heal the serious wounds but they still need medical attention” Zelda said
 
“I see, then let me see them Ill see what I can do” Borville said
 
Zelda nodded she left the office with the freedom fighters so the doctor could do his job, outside of the office there were more people injure.
 
“They did a number on us” Ashei said sounding a little annoyed
 
“At least there were no casualties” Shad said
 
“Indeed and there wasn't any damage to the town or the castle so things are not so bad” Auru said
 
Zelda stood silent before going to the near guard” I want to see the attackers armor”
 
“Yes princess” the guard said
 
The guard lead the prncess to one of the bodies of the soldiers that attack the town Shad, Ashei and Auru follow them. The guard show a body of one the attacking soldiers Zelda was gazing into the armor of the soldier.
 
“Is there something princess?” Auru said
 
“I think I've seen this armor before” Zelda said as she was still staring into the armor that's when she notice in the middle portion of the chest area there was a symbol carved into the black armor it was the symbol of a white dragon inside a red shield
 
Zelda gasp as she has recognize the symbol(this is the crest of the kingdom of Elysian but why would they attack us…..Hyrule and Elysian doesn't have any politic nor economic relations because both of our kingdoms are too far away from each other)
 
“Princess do you know who are the attackers?” Shad said in a high interest tone
 
Zelda nodded” these soldiers are from the kingdom of Elysian”
 
The guards and the freedom fighters gasp at the revelation
 
“Interesting there aren't many books that talk about the kingdom of Elysian much since we don't know much about them I will like to know more about Elysian” Shad said
 
Ashei sighed(there he goes again going into brain mode)
 
“Why Elysian would attack us?” a guard said
 
“Isn't it obvious they want to kill all of us” another guard said
 
“Princess this is a sign of war” another guard said
 
“Yes princess we have to be prepared” another guard said
 
Zelda stood silent she looked at Shad, Ashei and Auru who nodded in agreement with the guards she hated to admit it but they were right war be upon them and she have to fight to protect her kingdom so her nightmare didn't came true.
 
“First were have to secure the town close the gates and guard them second Shad, Ashei and Auru I want you three to patrol the town also tell the rest of the people that are taking shelter in Telma's bar to stay there we don't know when they might return but there's a chance they might come back with reinforcements” Zelda said
 
“Yes princess” the group said as they left
 
“Wait” Zelda said as she stop one guard” were gonna need more help, prepare to send a message to Ordon village”
 
“Yes princess” the guard said as he left
 
(It seems peace has been shatter once again,I never thought it would come down to this) Zelda thought
 
Outside of the castle a few miles away stood the general on his horse there was one soldier with him, the general chuckle in amusement.
 
“Well what do you know it seems that Hyrule is tougher than it looks” the general said
 
“You're orders general?” the soldier said
 
“Well retreat for now I also want a small battalion to locate and hunt down our ran away lamb” the general said
 
“Yes sir” the soldier said as he left
 
The general took one last look at the distant castle before leaving(next time Hyrule next time you will fall to the Elysian kingdom)
 
 
 
To be Continued
 
 
 
I finally update it don't worry Ill be back with the next chapter soon and hopefully I will make it longer, reviews are always welcome flames ARE NOT farewell.