Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction / Power Rangers Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Power Rangers REVOLUTION ❯ Phantom of the Stages ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ADVENTURE THREE
 
 
A few days in the past seemed to go by as any normal day in the future. I was still trying to get used to some things.
 
Dr. Franklin and Moses bought me some spare clothing I could wear. They weren't nearly as comfortable as my old outfit, but they we good.
 
Sarah was even teaching me how to ride a horse. So far I was doing pretty well, if I could only keep myself straight when the horse started to speed up.
 
My Horse didn't have a name, because Sarah's father had just gotten her for his men to use, but he already had more than enough, so he was more than willing to let me keep her for myself.
 
“That's it Mykan…” called Sarah from her horse, “Now just relax and let the horse start her galloping.”
 
So far so good, and then… “WHOA… AAHHH!!” Sarah quickly snapped her eyes shut so she didn't see me fall off again like being launched from a catapult.
 
Sarah hopped down and saw me with my rear end stuck in a barrel. She couldn't help but giggle at how silly I looked.
 
“Very funny Sarah…” I said grumpily. I tried to pull myself up, but I was stuck good “Well don't just stand there, help me out of here!”
 
Sarah sighed and grabbed hold of my legs. “Ready… Steady, AND…!” with one big TUG, she pulled me out but flew backwards and fell into a pile of…
 
“Don't say it!” she snapped as I giggled at her. So I didn't, and helped her up. “Let's go home, I need to wash up!”
 
Since I at least could canter on a horse, I could rise back with her, but if Only I could gallop we would have been home faster.
 
As expected, Henri burst out in laughter when Sarah walked through the door covered in… “Don't Say it!”
 
We arrived just in time because James had already drawn a hot bath, but he decided Sarah needed it more.
 
“What's that you got there, James!” I asked.
 
James told us he had received a letter from his friend, Sybil Ludington, “She's invited me and friends to a play she's being featured in.”
 
We all studied the letter, and it said that Sybil and her family were doing a play of Romeo and Juliet to raise some money to help their farm.
 
“She said I can bring up to three friends.” Said James, “Anyone interested?”
 
Moses decided to stay behind to look after the shop with Ben, but Sarah loved Shakespeare's works, and Henri liked plays.
 
As for me… well who was I kidding, of course I wanted to go, and meet THE Sybil Ludington. A girl who would one day ride 40 miles into the night to warn her father of invading soldiers.
 
The play was opening in only two more nights, gave us plenty of time to get there by the evening. Possibly a little longer because of my riding style.
 
So we packed up what little things we could, and told Moses to keep his Morpher ON in case Danger were to call.
 
With that…we were off.
 
Meanwhile, on the island
 
 
Ebenezer was watching the whole thing happen from a spy device he had made. “Well now… what have we here?” he hissed.
 
“Unless I'm mistaken, that must be, Sybil Ludington! I remember how she alerted her father of the attacking British soldiers.”
 
“What do you plan to do, Master?” asked Sakura.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… What else, but Destroy her!” Ebenezer chuckled. “Once she is out of the way then I can send my Redcoats to destroy the crops for me.”
 
“A very clever plan Master.” Said Malakar, “But what if the Rangers were to show up?”
 
“The Power Rangers… Ho, oh… they already are on the way, but I plan to send down a special virus to give them a show they'll never forget… Ha, ah, ah, ah, ah!”
 
Tom came in with a bag full of ingredients he had stolen to make more formulas, “I have carried out the instructions, My Lord!” he said.
 
Ebenezer got to work, “Hmm, mm, mm… In the words of actors…” he said, “This will be my greatest performance!”
 
That evening
 
We had indeed arrived at the Ludington Farm, and Sybil was there to greet her old friend James.
 
“It's been a long time hasn't it.” James said.
 
“Seems like a lot longer for me.” Sybil giggled, she already knew Henri and Sarah, but when she came to me. “Hey… who's this fine young man?”
 
She held out her hand, but instead of shaking it, I reached down gently and kissed it, “It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Ludington, I'm Mykan Scarlet.”
 
Sybil curtseyed as she had never been greeted like that before. “Where are you from, Mykan?” she asked.
 
“Oh, `e's from the fu…!” Henri nearly gave me away.
 
“Ah, ah, ah… no, no…!” I said.
 
Sybil looked confused. “Please excuse him…” I said, “I'm just a lone guy who travels… I've never really had a home before.”
 
“Oh… that's a shame!” Sybil said. It was a good thing she fell for it too, I couldn't let her know I was from the Future.
 
We all were invited inside were a nice hot dinner was served and waiting for us, and Sybil's father and 11 other siblings
 
After all the introductions, We sat down to our meal, and talked about the play.
 
“I'm a great fan of Shakespeare's works.” Said Sarah, “But I've never seen the common folk perform a show before.”
 
Sybil's father, Henry Ludington, nodded, “Well Sybil's been practicing for weeks now.” he said, “But I think she's mastered Juliet's lines well enough.”
 
“Who's playing the role of Romeo?” asked James, but instead of answering him, Sybil suddenly looked as though she had been hit by cupid's arrow of love.
 
“Edmund Ogden!” said her brother Derek, “Sybil thinks she's in love with him, but just won't admit it.”
 
We all shared a small laugh, and Sybil blushed of embarrassment, but I wasn't the least bit surprised.
 
The truth was… According to my history books, Edmund Ogden was Sybil's husband, but I didn't tell anyone that.
 
Suddenly there was a knock at the door, Sybil walked to answer it and would you believe it… it was Edmund.
 
“Good evening Sybil.” He said kindly to her, Sybil was hesitant at first but she did let him in. Her Siblings giggled under their breath.
 
Edmund had come over to go over his lines with Sybil because he was still getting into character.
 
Her siblings and Henri made a few Kissy-Kissy jokes. “Now, now everyone… be nice!” said Henry.
 
Sarah James and I thought it was nice to see two young teens supposedly together like that… who knew… maybe they would become a couple.
 
Meanwhile, on the island
 
The morning sun was in perfect alignment for Ebenezer's special formula to work out.
 
He planned to summon a Virus that was in the form of Phantom, but to do that, you would need to recite an old spell, and it was a good thing Ebenezer had a knack for Mythology.
 
“You may start the spell Master, it's nearly time!” said Malakar
 
“Very Well Malakar… this had better be worth it!” Said Ebenezer as placed the formula in its flask on the windowsill, and recited special words as he mixed it well.
 
“Day of new, Day of old… Candlelight that spawn of gold!!”
 
As he spoke the words, the sun flashed a ray of light directly onto the flask and it started glowing.
 
“Sky of fire, wisdom and fright… Bring to me a Nasty Night!! BAH, HA, AH, AH, AH, AH, AH!!”
 
BOOM… The Flask exploded, and once the smoke had cleared, There he was. Wearing Black from Head to toe, a White mask and Cape.
 
“I am the Phantom of the Stages!” he said in his creepy voice, “Tell me your orders.”
 
Ebenezer nodded, “I have summoned you to do my biddings.” He said. “Seek out, and DESTROY SYBIL LUDINGTON!!!”
 
“As you wish… Hu, hu, hu, ah, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
End of Act One NEWSPAPER SCENE ZOOMS OUT!!!
 
 
Opening Night
 
Sybil's brothers Derek and Matthew were really good at constructing works of art. They built the entire stage and most of the sets for the play.
 
While her sisters helped make all the costumes and things ideal for the play to be a success.
 
Sybil was in her room trying on her costume, when there was a knock at the door. “Can I come in?” I called.
 
“Sure… I'm just trying on my Costume.” She answered.
 
I opened the door, and saw her in a simple long-sleeved dark dress with small scarves tied around the wrists.
 
“Now that is what I call… looking great!”
 
Sybil curtseyed, “I'm a little nervous though.” She said looking at herself in the mirrors, “Feel like I have butterflies in my stomach.”
 
I told Sybil that I performed a in few plays myself, though I didn't tell WHERE and WHEN, but I did tell her, “I felt like that the first time I was about to something like this too.”
 
“You did?”
 
“Yes… and to tell you the truth, sometimes I still do, but all I know is, there are people out there who came just to see me perform… Just look out there!”
 
Sybil pulled her curtains open and looked down at the many different people sitting in seats near the prepared stage.
 
“All those people are here to support you, as well as give you money for the Farms… Just go out there, and at least let them see you.”
 
Sybil knew I was right, and she looked her reflection dead in the eyes, “Yes… I can do this!” she said bravely. “I will do this.”
 
James and Sarah were given special seats so they could hear the play word for word and take down notes for the paper, and the Ludington Siblings were given front row seats.
 
Finally it was Showtime.
 
Throughout the show, Sarah and James found it hard to write down anything, because the acts were so captivating, they just couldn't seem to look down at what they were writing.
 
It was even more romantic than ever when Sybil and Edmund did their alone together and romantic scenes.
 
Edmund (ROMEO)
So thrive my soul—“

Sybil (JULIET)
A thousand times good night!
 
The play was so romantic and some of the people in the audience even shed a few tears.
 
But During an intermission, before the next scene where the big battle with Tybalt was to take place…
 
While they weren't watching, the actors were captured, bound and gagged by Wax Red Coats, who stole their costumes.
 
“I shall take over this actors place.” Said a Dark voice as he slipped on the costume for Tybalt. “I shall destroy each of Ludington's loved ones, before moving onto her… Hu, hu, ah, ah, ah!”
 
The other and I were in back taking with Sybil and complimenting her on a great job so far.
 
Sybil did feel grateful, but she was more interested on Edmund. She really was starting to grow attached to him, so much, that she actually agreed with Henri when he made another Joke.
 
I looked out at the stage as the act began opening, so far everything went as according to plan.
 
Especially when it came for the part for Mercutio to die… the Tybalt character thrusted his hand made plastic sword into him.
 
The crowd cheered as the act looked so real, but suddenly, when Edmund and the actor playing Benvolio were to drag him off the stage…
 
“Hey… he isn't Breathing!” cried the actor. “And he has no pulse either!” the crowd now saw that he was serious.
 
I did see it too, “Hey… that man's really dead!” I cried, The others walked over to the window, and realized it was true.
 
Sybil however didn't believe it, “Our swords are made of wood and plastic, they can't even wound someone.” She said, and she walked out of the room to get down to the stage.
 
Now that she was out of the room, I could use my Bracelet to scan that character, and it started beeping. “Oh no!!” I cried, “That's not an actor… it's a virus!”
 
“A VIRUS!!!!” the others cried. “Look!” cried Henri as he saw the Red coast moving into position.
 
We quickly called Moses, who said he was on his way. “We can't wait for him, we have to hurry!” I cried.
 
On the stage…
 
The Tybalt character chuckled in a sinister voice. “Hu, hu, ah, ah, ah… It's the end of the line for you!” he hissed as he aimed his REAL sword at his body.
 
“Who… Who are you?!” cried Edmund, “You're not in this script!”
 
The crowd suddenly cried out in fear as Red coats started sprawling out from everywhere.
 
Sybil over heard them and though that the show was really a huge hit, but when she found the real actors tied and gagged to a tree in the backyard.
 
“OH my god… what Edmund!” she cried and she began to race for the stage.
 
“SYBIL WAIT…!” I cried to her as we ran out the door. “You can't go over there, those Villains are no actors.” Then Henri and I ran through the gate.
 
“What's going on here?” cried Sybil.
 
James stopped along the way to tell her, “They're REAL villains… but we'll handle them. You stay here!” and he ran off.
 
“You'll handle them… HOW?!” but James was already too far to be heard.
 
At this point now, the stranger took off his costume to revel his true self to everyone. “I am the PHANTOM OF STAGES!!” he roared. “All hail me!”
 
 
Henry Ludington almost had a heart attack. “Monsters?! … real monsters?!” he cried. Then he over looked and saw the Redcoats tearing up his fields.
 
“No… stop… those plants are almost ready to crop!!” he cried, but the other Redcoats just aimed their muskets at him forcing him back into his chair.
 
“Your crops are the very least of your problems, old man!” said Phantom, “Soon you'll all be destroyed, as the Viruses rule over this world!!”
 
“THINK AGAIN!!” came a voice. Phantom and the crowd and cast turned and saw James, Sarah, Henri, and myself standing onto of the stage set.
 
“The Ludington's worked very hard to make this performance and you ruined everything!” snapped James.
 
“The Viruses will never rule over the world, Never!” added Sarah.
 
“Not as long as we are `ere!” replied Henri.
 
“READY?!” I asked hold out my arm.
 
“READY!!!” said the others.
 
“PAST... PRESENT… POWER!!!!”
 
The crowd watched in amazement as we morphed into our suits. “So… it is true, the rumors I've heard.” Said Henry. “There really ARE Super Heroes!”
 
One by one we hoped down and began dealing with the Redcoats, stopping them before they damaged any more crops.
 
Sybil watched from the gate way of the backyard. “Wow… the Power Rangers… I can't believe James and his Friends--”
 
 
We did try and put up a valiant effort, but there were so many redcoats and only four of us this time.
 
Sarah had kicked another redcoat down, be she then got ambushed by another three, as like the rest of us. “WE… CAN'T HOLD THEM OFF!!” cried James.
 
“WE'RE NOT STRONG ENOUGH!!” cried Henri.
 
Suddenly, ray shots pelted the Redcoats from the side, and we all turned and saw Green Ranger. “Moses.” Cried Sarah.
 
“Sorry I was late, the ticket counter was closed!” he joked as he twirled his gun.
 
We all ran forth to him when the last Redcoat vanished. “Great going Moses!” I said, “Now let's take care of Phantom!”
 
The Crowd had retreated to the safety of the house and so did Sybil and Edmund, Leaving us five and Phantom on the field.
 
“Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah… Isn't this a treat!” Phantom Snarled, “I get to bring down the house, and the Power Rangers at the same time!”
 
“Words are smaller than Actions!” said James.
 
“We'll really bring down the `ouse, but with YOU in it.” added Henri.
 
We all did our fighter poses, and cried out our name… “POWER RANGERS… REVOLUTION!!!!!”
 
“Enough Dancing, freaks… it's time for the real stuff!” said Phantom as he charged toward us.
 
“RANGERS… GO!!!” I cried as we all withdrew our swords and charged into battle.
 
So far Phantom seemed to live up to his title as Master of Stages, for none of us seemed to be able to even get close enough to him to attack.
 
James and Sarah got punched off the stage, and Henri and Moses were thrashed about and lay in a pile of rubble settings.
 
I tried my laser on him, but as he was a Phantom, he was hardly effective to those sort of attacks, and we could only get him physically.
 
“You're looking a bit tired, Red Ranger!” he chuckled. “I guess some of us were just not made for show business.”
 
“Yeah… like You!!” I snarled as I picked up my sword and threw it towards him. He knocked it out of the way, turned and tried to blast me.
 
I just rolled about closer and closer, and at least I was able to trip him down with a kick or two, but still it wasn't enough.
 
From inside the house, everyone saw the ballet out there. “That Phantom is just to sneaky!” cried Matthew Ludington.
 
“Somehow, they have to find a way to hold him still by rendering him weak, and then attack him all at once!” suggested Derek.
 
Suddenly, they all saw another figure leaving through the front door. “SYBIL, NO!!!” cried Henry, “SYBIL… COME BACK HERE!!!”
 
While out on stage…
 
All five of us were really looking a little beat. “Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah… and now the final ordeal!” sniggered Phantom. He withdrew his sword and slowly marched towards us.
 
We all pulled out our guns and continued to fire at him, but still all we did was tickle him.
 
“This… can't be the end!” cried Moses.
 
“We can't… let him… win!!” added Sarah.
 
“Oh you can, and you will.” Sniggered Phantom, as he swung his sword back… “SAY GOOD-BYE!!!”
 
But before he could bring it down, a bright light shone right on his body, “GARH… LIGHT!!!” he cried.
 
We all looked up and saw Sybil stand at the end of the stage holding up a bright Lantern with an a cover over all except one space, shining the light into one direction.
 
“Phantoms are still dark ghosts.” She said, “And one thing Dark ghosts hate is the LIGHT!!!”
 
We all stood up, “Sybil… great going!” said James. “Quick, grab some more lights!!” he said handing us some of the torches.
 
The torches weren't as bright as Sybil's Lantern, so we had no other choice. “We're really sorry about this!!” I cried.
 
Sybil nodded, “JUST DO IT!!!” and with that, we set the stage on fire, and the brightness went crazy.
 
“STOP… STOP!!!” cried Phantom, “I CAN'T STAND… THE LIGHT!!”
 
When the fire went out, Phantom was still standing, but he was very weak indeed. He glared angrily at Sybil.
 
“YOU…!!!” he growled. Sybil decided to run for it, but her dress got snagged and she tripped.
 
“I MAY NOT BEAT THE POWER RANGERS!!! BUT I WILL STILL ELIMINATE THE LUDINGTON GIRL!!!!!!”
 
He charged up all the energy he had left in him and powered up his sword. “SYBIL!!!!” everyone in the house cried!”
 
“SYBIL GET OUT OF THERE!!!” cried James, but Sybil was far too frightened to even move.
 
“SO LONG… LUDINGTON!!!” shouted Phantom as he fired his beam right at her. Sybil braced herself for her end… but then…
 
Out of the Blue… Edmund leaped right into the way of the blast shielding Sybil fro it entirely.
 
His body began to flare up and spark, “HA-HA… FARE THE WELLL MY LADY JULEIT!!!” he cried in extreme agony, “THOU IN MY HEART SHALL YE ALWAYS SHALL BE…!!!!!!!!”
 
KA-BLAM!!!
 
He was blown into a pile of ashes.
 
The Rangers and I Gasped, and so did the people in the house. Sybil crawled over the burning ashes and scoped them up in her hands, as her tears started to fall.
 
“Ed… Edmund!!” she cried. “No! …NOOOOOOO!!!!”
 
Phantom himself couldn't believe he had totally missed his shot. “No… but I…?” he stuttered, now he was completely powerless.
 
We all confront the sobbing woman by the burning pile of ash. Sarah sounded as though she was going to cry herself, and so did Henri. James, Moses and I were both sad, and INFURITATED!!!
 
“He.. Didn't… Deserve… That!!” I said deeply and sharply. Then I turned. “GRR… PHANTOM… NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!!”
 
“RANGERS READY!!!!” the other stood at my sides, and we all withdrew our swords and guns. “Weapons! Full-Power!!!”
 
The guns and the sword glowed brightly. “REDAY… AIM… FIRE!!!” and we shot our strongest beams directly at the weak Phantom.
 
“GRAAAAHHH… BUT I'M THE PHANTOM OF STAGES… HOW COULD I LOSE!!!” he whimpered as he began sparking and shocking…
 
Then he fell over… EXPLODED… and was really gone!
 
The people in the house were overjoyed that the beast was gone, but it didn't change the fact about Edmund, or the other man, or the fields.
 
“Rangers… Power Down!” I said. “POWER DOWN!!!!!” we all said and our suits vanished.
 
We, and everyone from the house all walked outside to confront poor Sybil. Her Heart was broken.
 
Her father put a comforting arm on his daughter's shoulder, and she threw herself into his arms and cried.
 
“Father… it's just not fair!” she sobbed. “I… I loved him!!”
 
Her father gently held her close to soften her cries. “I know dear… I know!”
 
A lot of people had their tears to shed because of the death of their friends, and the ruining of their play, except for me and the Rangers.
 
“Everyone, Stand back!” I cried.
 
Everyone did as told, and watched as I pulled out a weird looking Device and blasted the ashes with a white and blue beam.
 
Soon the ashes had reformed into Edmund, and he was back in one piece again. “Oh my god…” cried Sybil, “Edmund!”
 
She crawled over to him and held him close to her. “Edmund, are you okay!” she cried. “Speak to me, Please!!”
 
Edmund slowly opened his eyes. “I'll be okay… If you'll get off my legs.” He said while smiling.
 
 
Sybil held him close and cried into his chest. “It's a miracle… ordained by the heavens!”
 
“No Sybil!” I said, “It was me.
 
The other Rangers nodded. “Watch, That little device can restore anything back to normal.” Said Henri.
 
Soon I restored everything! The fields, the stage, the other man killed, EVERYTHING that was destroyed or damaged, was back to normal.
 
Henry Ludington had tears in his eyes, “My god… it's amazing!” he cried.
 
Sybil was the most pleased, “Oh Mykan… I… I could just KISS you!” she cried happily.
 
I shook my head, “Why not save it for the one you love most.” I said gesturing at Edmund.
 
Sybil and Edmund stood up and thought. Why not, Edmund took her into his arms.
 
“Juliet…?”
 
“My, Romeo…!”
 
They moved closer and kissed so passionately, that we just had to here it for them.
 
“HIP, HIP…. HORRAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
Meanwhile, on the island
 
Because Phantom was destroyed completely, Ebenezer couldn't use his re-animator to bring him back to life.
 
 
“UNBELIEVABLE!!!” he growled, “Those Power Brats defeated an army of my best Viruses!”
 
“Once again the have one the battle… but I… will win the war!!”
 
The Next Morning
 
Moses Teleported back to the Print shop, but since we took the horse we would have to go back that way.
 
Instead of Shaking hands with Sybil, She gave me a Farewell hug and kissed my cheek.
 
“Thank you Mykan… Thank you for everything!” she said. “And don't worry, none of us will tell anyone else about you being from the Future or you guys are the Power Rangers.”
 
I nodded, “Make sure you don't!” I said. She nodded back to me, and I walked away from her and hopped onto my horse.
 
“Uh… Mykan!” called Sybil, “Before you go, I have to know… What does the future hold for me?”
 
I smiled, knowing I couldn't tell her, but I tell her. “Just remain loyal to your family and loved ones Sybil Ludington, and the future will lead you to anywhere you wish… Farewell.”
 
I kicked the stirrups and the horse and I took off after the others. “Good-bye, and Good-luck!!”
 
On the way back finally it seemed I had learned how to gallop my horse without any trouble.
 
“Wow, Mykan, you're a born rider.” Said Sarah.
 
“Thanks… but there's only one little matter left.” I said, then I stared at my Horses head, “I think you need a name!”
 
James and Henri agreed. “What are you going to call her?” James asked.
 
“I have just the name…” I said, “Victoria!”
 
“Victoria?” said the others.
 
“Yeah… it can help describe how gracefully she goes, and it can help if I say… RIDE LIKE THE WIND VICTORIA!!!”
 
I forgot that horses spoke easily and Victoria kicked up and I fell off landing in a mud puddle.
 
The others giggled. “Right…” giggled Sarah, “And it also reminds you of how much you still have to learn.”
 
“Very funny… Very funny indeed.” I said Sarcastically, but then I joined them in the spring of laughter.
 
And so… another day was saved again!
 
NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS REVOLUTION
 
Sarah receives a letter from her mother in England.
 
“Mother… she's ill, they say she might not make it!”
 
While she and Jamestravel to England by teleport,Ebenezer sendsTomto attack them, and a Virus to attackthe other rangers.
 
“Just you wait dear cousin… While hedestroys you're friends, I'll destroyYOU!!”
 
Will Sarah make it to her mother in time, and will the other rangers be able to face thesedangers on their own?
 
NEXTT< /b>IME ON POWER RANGERS REVOLUTION