Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ We have made it ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
 
 
The REMO didn't have a very smooth landing, but we were all still in one piece. The stress of the crash landing actually woke Sarah and her mother up.
 
They were so relieved to see Samuel alive and well, but none of us would be for much longer if we didn't get a move on.
 
We landing in a clearing about 20 miles away from my Grandfather's campsite, and had to drag behind us a few heavy trunks with supplies the Camp desperately needed.
 
The crew couldn't help but be amazed that had they remained in 1790, they never would get a chance to set foot on the Red Planet Mars.
 
Finally, we reached it, and there was no sign of Titan or his gang. So we just walked right in.
 
“Wow… this place sure looks beat up.” Said Moses, “I'm going to check out the shuttle crafts.”
 
“I'll come and `elp you.” Said Henri.
 
We all looked around, but so far there didn't seem to be any signs of my Grandfather or any of his other crewmates.
 
That was of course to be expected. With Titan and his gang out there, who could tell what happened.
 
While James and stayed outside to help the ladies with damage reports, Samuel and I entered the main green house.
 
I checked the oxygen levels, and they were still stable, which meant their had to be someone still here.
 
 
Meanwhile, Moses and Henri were examining the Shuttles. “They seem to be structurally in tact.” Said Moses. “Yeah… but just as we thought, the systems are completely fried.”
 
“Yes… we've found some dead camping equipment out here.” Said Sarah, “It's going to take a while to clear out, but so far no critical damage.”
 
Samuel and I decided to split up as the green house was really big, we would cover more ground, but we saw it safe to remove our Helmets.
 
I suddenly spotted someone in the kitchen room up ahead , what looked a Half woman, half alien.
 
She had soft white skin, with a touch of green, Her long glossy Aqua green hair dangled playfully around her shoulder, she wore a beautiful sparkling gown.
 
As beautiful and as sweet as she looked, I couldn't tell if she was to be trusted or not.
 
I slowly pulled out my ray-gun and moved in closer, but before he could move in close to trap the alien… I was grabbed from behind and tackled to the ground.
 
My moaning was heard through everyone's Helmet Radios, and they all began rushing towards the greenhouse.
 
The person who tackled me to the ground tried to hit at me with a pick-axe, but the moment we looked at each other's faces.
 
Even though his beard and whiskers were longer and puffier, I recognized that face anywhere. “… Grandfather, It's alright… it's Me!”
 
Troy dropped his pick, “M… Mykan?!” he whispered. I nodded with a big smile on my face, but then Troy was grabbed from behind.
 
“No… WAIT!!” I cried, “No, no, no, Wait. He's alright, he's alright!”
 
 
Troy recognized his man with whiskers anywhere. “Sa… Samuel?!”
 
He nodded his head, and then the others slowly walked in through the doorway who Troy also recognized as they removed their helmets.
 
“James… Sarah… Henri… Moses… Elizabeth?!”
 
Each one of them smiled instead of saluted to the WASP Commander.
 
“Mykan…?” Troy asked, “What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be…!”
 
I cut him off. “This is a rescue, and Kamikaze mission.” I said, “General. Gray himself put me in command.”
 
Troy couldn't believe it. I made it all this way to save him, without any guidance from his for the first time.
 
Grandfather and Grandson shared a warm hug. The ladies wiped the tears from their eyes. We were all back together.
 
A while later
 
We changed into our uniforms which we were able to bring with us, and sat down to what was actually a full course meal, and Grandfather told us everything, even about the alien girl.
 
“Marsha here, she's been a real help.” Said Troy. “She gives the plants we have, Co2 and light, and they give us oxygen and food.”
 
“Gee… she must really be shy.” Said Henri, “She `asn't spoken a word since we got `ere.”
 
“Well, Henri, the thing is, Marsha can't speak, she doesn't know how.” Said Troy. “But she can still be helpful.”
 
I passed Marsha the seasonings, and she took them from me as if I were some sort of king, she moved very slowly and shyly, and I think she was blushing a little.
 
I didn't know why, but my grandfather did, and soon the others began to catch on, but decided not to tell me yet.
 
Troy also told us the reason the camp looked so deserted was because, except for him and Marsha, Titan's men came and dragged all the crew back to Titanica.
 
We also told Troy everything, about what happened to us on our voyage. Titan had put us through a rough time as well.
 
“And now that he has STINGRAY!” said Samuel, “Who knows what he'll do with her.”
 
Troy pounded his palm with his fist, “That overgrown pile of Space trash!” he growled. “We have to do something.”
 
“Well what can we do, Sir?” asked James, “For all we know Titan could be on his way to Earth already.”
 
“Not likely.” Said Moses.
 
None of us knew what he meant by that. Moses quickly got on his Spacesuit and brought in the trunk from outside.
 
“Titan may have STINGRAY.” He told us, then he showed us that he managed to steal some Nave ports from her engine. “But without these, he won't be going anywhere far.”
 
Everyone gave Moses a thankful comment, he was able to keep Titan at bay, and not to mention, we could use these items to fix the shuttlecrafts.
 
Grandfather told us that Titan's army had disabled them because they were the only things we had that Titan himself couldn't properly detect.
 
 
If we fixed up the shuttles, and armed them just right, we could bust in through to Titanica, Release Troy's crew, Get STINGRAY back, and hopefully settle the score with Titan Once and for all.
 
“Wait a moment…” said Sarah, “What if Titan discovers that STINGRAY won't work, and plans an all out attack on us like before?”
 
Samuel, James, Grandfather and I knew what we could do.
 
Meanwhile, in Titanica
 
Titan was fuming like a Tiger, “This is utterly ridiculous!!” he roared. “Without the Navigational systems, this Spacecraft is nothing more than a monument!!”
 
X-2-0 didn't know what to tell Titan, except, “But look on the bright side. As long as we still have STINGRAY, the Earthlings are likely to come here first.”
 
Titan then changed his features. “Wait… of course… Gadzooks, I'm so ever clever, that I amaze myself.” He chuckled.
 
X-2-0 shrugged his shoulders.