Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Fight Hina ❯ Alternate Ending - Part One ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Notes: With Keitaro's wedding, this is the end of Fight Hina. I purposely left out who Keitaro was getting hitched to so that you can draw your own conclusions. However, what if Keitaro had said no to Ryu's offer and took matters into his own hands? The lives of everyone living in Hinata House would forever be changed. This alternative ending is in two parts. Part One deals with what Keitaro does to Naru, Motoko and Kitsune, and Part Two is the fallout of Keitaro's decision.
Alternate Ending - Part One
Inside the kitchen, over a pot of tea, Keitaro opened himself up to the couple. He told them everything from his past failures on the Toudai exams, being used as a scapegoat and everything in between.
"I guess I really can't blame you for how you feel," Chun Li noted. "You're the manager. Why didn't you call the cops on them, or had them evicted a long time ago?"
"He sees the good in the bad," Ryu explained. "Young Urashima has always sacrificed so much and asked for nothing in return." He turned to Keitaro. "It looks like you're reached the breaking point, Keitaro. You need a vacation."
"I appreciate the offer, Ryu," Keitaro replied, "but I have to deal with this my way." He sighed. "It shouldn't have to come to this, but it has to be done." He walked over to the phone. "Hello. Tokyo Police Department...yes, I would like to file criminal charges on the following three persons..."

===

Sagassi Seminar
After knocking Keitaro to the other side of Kanagawa, Naru had left for prep school. Upon arriving at her cram school, she saw that Keitaro was already waiting for her on the front steps of the school. Instead of bowing to her begging for forgiveness, the expression on her landlord's face was anything but.
Keitaro waited until she approached him. "Baka, you were supposed to clean the hot springs today, not to mention fix the hole you made in my room," she scolded.
Keitaro scoffed. "I got some bad news for you, Narusegawa."
Naru was taken aback slightly by the tone in Keitaro's voice. It was formal and cold. Seeing that he had her attention, Keitaro took out a folded sheet of paper and handed it to Naru.
The paper had the following letters and kanji written on it: NOTICE OF EVICTION: NARU NARUSEGAWA.
In a cold voice, Keitaro passed judgment on Naru, enjoying the look of shock on her face. "Your lease has been terminated, Narusegawa, and your family has been notified. I hope they can afford a good lawyer, Naru, since I am suing your family for every yen they're worth for damages to Hinata House."
Naru was in a state of shock. "You got to be joking. You can't evict me." When she saw that Keitaro wasn't kidding, she lost it. "You can't do this!" she screamed. "You have no right!"
"Sure I can," Keitaro replied as several police officers, along with a female detective came out of the school, surrounding them both. "And one more thing, Naru..." He turned to the detective.
The detective approached Naru and was direct to the point. "Naru Narusegawa, you are under arrest," the detective coolly said as the uniformed officers handcuffed her. "The charges are destruction of property, reckless endangerment and assault."
"Wait--ow!" Naru cried as the officers handcuffed her. "I didn't hurt anybody!"
"Tell that to your landlord," one of the cops replied, motioning to Keitaro. "He's the one filing the charges. And about time too."
"You won't be alone too long, Naru," Keitaro said. He was just doing his job as the landlord of Hinata House. "Kitsune and Motoko will be joining you shortly." He then smiled coldly. "And the heads of the cram school wanted me to tell you that you are no longer welcome at Sagassi. Furthermore, you are banned from Hinata House...permanently."
Keitaro turned and walked away, leaving a screaming Naru being forced into a waiting police car. "You bastard! You goddamned pervert! I'm gonna get you for this!"
Before Naru could be shoved into the police car, she assaulted one of the cops by head butting him, forcing him to let her go and made a beeline straight for Keitaro. As she leapt into the air, preparing to dropkick him Suu-style, the arresting detective quickly pulled out a tazer, aimed and fired at Naru. The two electrodes found its mark, sending 5,000 volts into Naru's body, effectively disabling her from injuring Keitaro.
"You can also add assaulting one of Tokyo's finest to your crimes, Narusegawa," the detective said as the cops picked up Naru's twitching form and tossed her into the car.
'One down, two to go,' Keitaro thought as he headed for his next destination: Motoko's high school
===
At Motoko's high school, the aforementioned kendoist, in her school uniform was in class. She was at her desk, when the teacher was interrupted by another police detective, who was flanked by two uniformed cops.
"Can I help you?" the teacher asked.
"I'm looking for Motoko Aoyama," the detective replied coldly.
The teacher pointed Motoko out, who stood up from her desk. "I am Motoko Aoyama," Motoko said as the three cops closed in. "What is this about--hey, ow! Let go of me, you vile male!" Motoko shouted as her hands were pulled behind her back and the cold steel of handcuffs clicked down on her wrists.
"Motoko Aoyama, you are under arrest for destruction of property, reckless endangerment and assault with a deadly weapon," the detective announced.
Before Motoko could respond to the charges, Keitaro walked in. In an instant, Motoko turned her attention to her landlord. "Urashima, what is the meaning of this?!" Motoko demanded. She then froze when she saw the pink sheet of paper which read NOTICE OF EVICITON: MOTOKO AOYAMA.
"What do you think, you kendo freak," Keitaro replied coldly as he held the eviction notice up in front of her. "I've had enough of bending over backwards for you three and all I get is pain afterwards. You can keep Naru company in jail. Kitsune will be joining you and Naru soon. And don't bother coming back to Hinata House, Motoko. You're evicted, effective immediately, and banned for life from Hinata House."
He then gave Motoko a cold smile. "Tsuruko has been notified and will meet you at the police station. Oh and Motoko, I'm also suing your kendo school, as well as Narusegawa to pay for the damages for Hinata House."
Keitaro turned and walked out of the classroom as the shocked students watched as the cops led a struggling and screaming Motoko out of the classroom, shouting obscenities after Keitaro.
Upon exiting the classroom, Motoko saw the departing figure of her now-former manager. But the main persons that was waiting for her was the school's head and vice-principals.
As with Keitaro had done earlier, the principal was brief. "I am very disappointed in you, Aoyama," she said. "You have dishonored the school and the kendo club with this scandal, and we can't have one leading the kendo club after such a travesty."
Motoko's blood ran cold as the principal intoned, "You are hearby ejected from the kendo club and banned."

===

Hinata House.
Kitsune dragged herself to her room, having returned from an all-night party with some friends. Upon arriving, she saw that her door was boarded up, barring her from entry, as well as the eviction notice that was taped to her door: NOTICE OF EVICTION: MITSUNE KONNO.
"You finally showed up," Keitaro said as he exited his room.
Kitsune showed the eviction notice to him. "What the hell is this? And why can't I get to my room?"
"It's a notice of eviction," Keitaro replied, the tone in his voice made Kitsune's blood run cold. "As landlord of the Hinata House, you have overstayed your welcome."
Several more police officers exited Keitaro's room and approached Kitsune.
The detective simply asked Kitsune, "Mitsune Konno?"
"Yeah, that's me, what is this--ow!" Kitsune was cut off as two more officers handcuffed her.
"Mitsune Konno, you are under arrest for embezzlement, theft, blackmail and sexual harassment," the detective announced.
"What?!" Kitsune screamed. She then turned to Keitaro. "You can't do this to me!"
"I'm still the landlord of Hinata House," Keitaro replied flatly. "I hope you have a lot of money from your horse races, since I'm suing you for owing back rent and wiping out my life savings. Don't worry; I'm also sending lawsuit notices to both Narusegawa and Motoko's families. You can keep them company in jail."
He turned to the police. "Get her out of my sight."
The police then escorted the handcuffed girl down the stairs. Kitsune was still screaming as they led her away. As they walked past Haruka's teashop, Haruka entered and saw the police escorting Kitsune towards a waiting police car. "What's going on?" she asked.
"Haruka! Your damn nephew is evicting me!" Kitsune screamed as she struggled with the cops. "He also evicted Naru and Motoko!"
Needless to say, Haruka was shocked, since the cigarette that she was currently smoking nearly fell out of her mouth. But she kept her composure. "There's nothing I can do about it. Sorry. Keitaro is the landlord and you three have been taking advantage of him. I guess this must have been the final straw. I'm sorry, Kitsune."

===

As the three girls sat in jail, Keitaro held a meeting with the remaining residents of Hinata House, which were Mutsumi, Suu, Shinobu and Sara.
"As of this moment," Keitaro announced, "Motoko Aoyama, Mitsune Konno and Naru Narusegawa are no longer residents of this dorm." Off their shocked expressions, Keitaro continued. "I have evicted them, and pressed criminal charges on all three. I am also suing them for property damages to the dorm. They are banned for life. Should you allow them back into the dorm, then you will join them, as I will evict you as well." With that said, Keitaro excused himself from the common room.
Over the next few days, Suu and Sara had changed their ways regarding Keitaro. Intimidated by his ruthless actions against Naru, Kitsune and Motoko, they had quickly fallen into line. No more did Suu greeted him with a dropkick to the head, nor used him as part of her experiments and Sara stopped smashing priceless artifacts over his head.

===

Meanwhile, the former residents of Hinata House were still in jail. While Naru's family was trying to cope with both their daughter in jail and the impending lawsuit from her former manager, Motoko received an unexpected visitor in the form of her sister.
An unhappy Tsuruko Aoyama was led to the holding cell which held Motoko, Naru and Kitsune. The police had to separate the three from the other prisoners when Naru had knocked a criminal into the wall. For once, instead of her hakama, Tsuruko was dressed in a smart business suit.
As Motoko caught sight of her sister, she felt relieved, thinking that Tsuruko was going to set things right.
She was wrong.
"Oneesan--" Motoko began before being cut off by her sister.
Tsuruko held up the lawsuit papers that she was served with upon arriving from Kyoto. "Do you know what this is, Motoko?" she asked. "These are lawsuit papers. Keitaro is suing our family, as well as the Shinmei Ryu Dojo for your slights."
Motoko shrunk back from her sister. "Oneesan, I--"
Tsuruko cut her off. "I've had enough of your excuses, Motoko. I warned you that your male complex would get you into trouble and now, I cannot help you, even if I wanted to." After a brief moment to compose herself, Tsuruko continued. "Urashima has a solid case against you and your friends. We are lucky to even have the school once this is over, and on top of that, you have used our school's techniques to assault an innocent man repeatedly." Tsuruko was visibly shaking now. "Because of your actions, we have lost face!"
"He is not a man," Motoko defended herself. "He is a perverted male--"
"Enough!" Tsuruko commanded. "You have embarrassed our family and our school for the absolute last time. The clan and I have agreed that I will take back my birthright. You are hearby stripped of your sword and are no longer a part of the Shinmei Ryu School. You are no longer my sister. You are a disgrace."
With that said, Tsuruko Aoyama walked out of Motoko's life. Motoko, on the other hand, her life shattered and destroyed, sank to her knees and cried.

===

Naru's parents, on the other hand, were at Hinata House trying to talk Keitaro out of the lawsuit, as well as dismissing the charges filed against their daughter.
"Listen, Keitaro," Naru's stepfather said. "I sent Naru away because she was having problems at home. She really is a sweet girl once you get to know her. Don't you think you're overreacting?"
Keitaro wouldn't budge. "Your...'sweet' daughter has assaulted me numerous times and has caused massive damage to the dorm. I have forgiven her many times in the past, but not this time." Keitaro showed the man several photos of the damages that Naru had created whenever she had punched him through a wall or through the roof. "This is what your daughter did."
Naru's mother looked at the photos in shock. "There is no way that Naru could have done this."
"Oh really?" Keitaro replied. "I got witnesses that say otherwise."
"Please reconsider the lawsuit," Naru's mother pleaded. "What you are asking for...you will bankrupt us."
Keitaro thought about it for a moment before replying, "Narusegawa's room is right above mine. I want it cleaned out in three hours or else I will throw everything out to the street. This meeting is over. Good day."
With Keitaro showing Naru's parents the door, the meeting was indeed over. There was no turning back now.

===

Naru had convinced her parents into letting Motoko stay with them, since she had no other place to go. With Sagassi out of the picture, as well as Tokyo University (since they notified her that they will not accept her, even if she did pass the exams), Naru felt her anger rise at Keitaro for destroying her dreams, as well as those of Motoko.
Naru's parents have hired a lawyer, one of the best in the country to represent all three girls. However, after looking over the facts in their case, the lawyer concluded that Keitaro's case against them was completely ironclad.
"There's nothing I can do. Keitaro's case is pretty much ironclad. He has evidence and witnesses who will testify that both Naru and Motoko have assaulted him. They can also testify that Konno had swindled money from him and set him up for assaults by both girls. The only chance that your daughter and her friends have is that they plead out and hope that the prosecutors will cut them a break."
Having no other choice, Naru, Motoko and Kitsune each plead guilty when they had their day in court. Keitaro and Haruka were also present at the hearing.
"Am I to understand that each one of you has plead guilty in this case?" the judge asked.
"Yes, sir," Naru replied. Motoko nodded, as did Kitsune.
"Does the prosecution have anything else to add before I pass sentence?"
"No, your honor," the prosecutor replied.
The judge looked at the three defendants. "Now, given the testimony and evidence in this case, I should throw the book at you. But since the three of you agreed to the guilty plea, I have no choice to give you the deal offered by the district attorney."
He paused for a moment. "Naru Narusegawa and Motoko Aoyama, I am placing the both of you on twelve months' probation. You will also undergo psychiatric treatment for the next nine months. Mitsune Konno, I am also placing you on nine months' probation and hearby ordering you to pay back Keitaro Urashima back every yen you swindled from him. Furthermore, the three of you are not to go within 500 yards of Hinata House, nor to have any contact with their tenants, or Mr. Urashima himself. If you break any of these terms, then you will be charged and tried. So ordered by the court."
With the whack of the gavel, the court was dismissed. Naru watched as Keitaro and Haruka walked out of the courtroom before being ushered out by several bailiffs, their hands on their batons should her or Motoko try anything funny.
It was finally over.