Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Fight Hina ❯ Alternative Ending - Part Two ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alternative Ending - Part Two

Two months had passed since Kitsune, Naru and Motoko were expelled from Hinata House.
Since then, things have gotten better around Hinata House. Keitaro had used the money from the lawsuits to pay Ryu and Chun Li for helping repair the dorm.
In the meantime, Kitsune had found herself a job and had started to pay Keitaro back for all the money she pilfered from him. Motoko and Naru, in the meantime, were watching Hinata House. From what they heard, they found out that the state of the dorm was improving, as well as Keitaro's orders in making the girls' dorm now a co-ed establishment.
Naru found out about this from Shinobu. The former Hinata House tenant had ran into the young cook while Shinobu was on a field trip into Tokyo. Naru was on her way back from attending cram school (which was a second-rate establishment, unlike Sagassi) while Motoko managed to graduate from high school, despite the disgrace she had endured at the hands of her manager.
While Shinobu was at the museum with her class, she ran into Naru.
"What are you doing here?" Shinobu gasped. "I can't be seen here with you."
Before she could leave, Naru gently grabbed Shinobu's shoulder. "Shinobu, wait. I just want to talk to you for a second. Please."
Despite the fact that Naru was breaking the law, Shinobu conceded. "Okay. You got three minutes. What is it?"
Naru played it cool, acting casual around the skeptical cook. "So...what's been going on since we've left?"
Shinobu shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing big. Sempai turned the dorm into co-ed. We even got some new tenants. One is a boy, around my age. His parents are chefs and he can also cook too. Sempai's friends also moved in both Motoko and Kitsune's old rooms. He even fixed the hole in your old room."
Naru's blood was boiling, but she managed to keep her cool. "Keitaro made the dorm co-ed?"
Shinobu nodded. "Yeah. He even hired this couple to make the repairs. They are also martial artists. They just completed the repairs."
In the back of her mind, Shinobu know all too well that Naru was furious. She could even guess what Naru's next question was.
"Keitaro's not doing anything to you, is he?" Naru asked.
Shinobu shook her head. "No. But he and Mutsumi have gotten together." Despite the fact that she had a crush on the dorm manager, Shinobu was happy to see that Keitaro was finally happy with someone. "In fact, she moved into his room."
That set Naru off. "Mutsumi? Keitaro hooked up with Mutsumi?! What about our promise?! I was his promised girl and that bitch took advantage!"
While Naru was ranting, Shinobu quietly made her way back to her class. When Naru finally noticed that Shinobu was gone and that the security officers were closing in on her, she quickly departed.

===

Kitsune, in the meantime was ordered to pay back Keitaro all the money she had pilfered from him. She had gotten a job working as a waitress at a restaurant. While working there one day, she met a charming older man. Unfortunately for her, the man was more cunning and wily than her.
Several weeks later, Kitsune would disappear.
No one would know where she was...until now...

===

On her way back home, Naru had missed the train, forcing her to take a shortcut through the local neighborhood, where courtesans and prostitutes worked the streets. As she passed one building in particular, a man was exiting the front door.
Bidding him goodbye was Kitsune. Unlike the fox that Naru once knew, she was anything but. Kitsune's hair had gotten longer, back to the point of how she wore it back in her high school days. She was also dressed in a partially-opened kimono. Makeup smeared her face. Bags were under her eyes.
"Kitsune!" Naru screamed, running over to her missing friend. She then skidded to a stop as she took in the sight before her. "Kitsune..."
The former fox of Hinata House turned to her friend. "Naru? Oh, God. I didn't want you to see me like this."
"What happened to you?" Naru managed to get out. "You disappeared."
Kitsune gave Naru a sad smile. "I met a man while I was working as a waitress. I should have been more careful. He said that he can help me pay off my debt to Keitaro. I didn't know he was a pimp."
Naru grabbed Kitsune's hand. "Kitsune...come with me, please. We can help you." She then saw the tracks in Kitsune's arms. "Kitsune..."
Kitsune gently pulled Naru's hand away. "It's too late for me, Naru. He's got me addicted to opium. There's no way out for me. Get out of here. Don't come back." With that said, Kitsune went back inside.
That image stayed with Naru. Her friend, drugged and turned out was forever burned into her memory. Somewhere, along the lines, Naru surmised that it was all Keitaro's fault.
'If that pervert hadn't evicted us,' Naru thought darkly, 'then Kitsune wouldn't end up like that.'
It would be the last time that Naru would ever see her friend alive.

===

At Hinata House, things were starting to heat up between Keitaro and Mutsumi. One day, while the tenants were out, Keitaro was relaxing in the hot springs when Mutsumi came in. Without a word, she stepped into the hot spring.
Lucky for them that the dorm was empty, otherwise, they would have a hard time explaining to the younger residents as to what they were doing.
They had started in the bath, which carried on into their room, thus sealing their relationship.

===

As Keitaro's life gotten better, Naru and Motoko - the latter having graduated from high school - were now sharing an apartment. Naru's father knew the landlord, who gave them a reasonable deal.
Naru had told Motoko about her encounter with Kitsune, and like Naru, Motoko had arrived at the same conclusion: that it was Keitaro's fault. But they couldn't do anything, since they were no longer welcome at Hinata City, or at Hinata House.
Naru had managed to get into a community college and was doing well. Motoko was attending cram school and had gotten remarkable high marks. She tried to make amends with Tsuruko, but it was no use. All Tsuruko said was "I have no sister. Don't call here again."
Naru tried to talk to Shinobu again, but even the attitude of Hinata House's young chef cooled towards them.
One morning, as they were having breakfast, Naru explained to Motoko about her attempted conversation to Shinobu. "That pervert turned her against us," Naru said as she adjusted the volume on the radio. "I should have done more with Kitsune."
"What we should do is take back what is ours," Motoko urged. "We should go back to Hinata House and throw Keitaro and the rest of those males out. Those men have nothing to do with being in an all-girls dormitory."
Before Naru could reply to that, the radio was playing the news.
"And in other news, the police has identified the body of a young woman found beaten to death in the Chiyoda district several nights ago. That woman has been positively identified as twenty-two year-old Mitsune Konno--"
That was all both Naru and Motoko had heard before they started screaming.

===

Meanwhile, at Hinata House, Haruka found her nephew with Mutsumi. She had taken him to the side and gave him the news.
"I take it you heard," Haruka said in her deadpan voice.
Keitaro blinked. "About what?"
"About Kitsune." Off Keitaro's confused look, Haruka continued. "They found her several days ago. She was half-naked, and beaten to death. Someone had taken a tire iron to her head several times."
Keitaro slowly absorbed the news. The former fox of Hinata House was dead.
Haruka continued. "The police came by and filled me in. Turned out she had met a man who gave Kitsune an easy way out of paying you back. Turned out that the guy was a pimp who turned Kitsune out and drugged her with opium. She was killed when she tried to run. The pimp has been arrested with her murder."
Keitaro swallowed several times before looking at the older woman. "Aunt Haruka," he began, "do you think I was over the line when I evicted those three?"
Haruka thought about it for a moment, having decided to let Keitaro slide on calling her 'Aunt.' "You did what you have to do. You are the landlord of Hinata House. What happened to Kitsune was not your fault. Remember that. She made her own choices. But..."
"Narusegawa and Aoyama," Keitaro replied calmly, guessing what Haruka would say next. "They would more than likely blame me for her death. And knowing them, they would come after me."

===

Kitsune's body was cremated and her ashes scattered by Naru and Motoko. Once the funeral was over, they decided to turn their attention to the man who they think was responsible for their friend's death.
Keitaro Urashima.

===

Three months after Kitsune’s death, an engagement party was underway for Keitaro Urashima and Mutsumi Otohime. Keitaro's friends as well as the tenants of Hinata House were present. Also there were Tsuruko Aoyama, whom Keitaro had invited, as well as Ryu and Chun Li.
The party was at Hinata House. Tsuruko had brought along her husband, Shin for the festivities as well, following her duel with Ryu (which had ended in a draw). Chun Li and Tsuruko were chatting about fighting techniques while Shinobu and the other boy around her age, a young cook like herself named Ryuji Watanabe, were busy cooking the food. Over the months, Shinobu had gotten over her crush on Keitaro and turned her attention to Ryuji. Seta also attended, and was hanging around Haruka.
Following Kitsune's death, Keitaro had broken the news to the others. Each one took it hard, but unlike Naru and Motoko, they didn't find Keitaro at fault.
That's when Naru and Motoko crashed the engagement party. With a karate team of men-hating girls behind them, they looked for the one man who was the bane of their existence. Naru had her fists while Motoko held a steel katana in her hands. A tanto was strapped to the small of her back.
"What the hell is this?" Keitaro demanded. He then caught sight of his former tenants. "Oh. It's you two."
Meanwhile, Mutsumi and Haruka were ushering the younger tenants, as well as those who can't fight out of harms' way, sending them to the second floor, with Mutsumi watching them as Haruka went back down the stairs.
Motoko pointed her sword at Keitaro. "You killed Kitsune, you bastard! Now you burn in Hell."
"Motoko," Tsuruko warned her hand at her own sword. "Stop this right now! Urashima wasn't responsible for your friend's death. That fault was her own."
"I can't hear you," Motoko taunted. "I have no sister, remember?"
"You know you're violating your plea agreements, right?" Haruka drawled. "You can't be here."
"Stay out of this!" Naru snarled. "This is between us and Keitaro." She turned towards the younger Urashima, hatred in her eyes. "If you hadn't evicted us...Kitsune would still be alive...I would have been in Todai..." She then exploded. "YOU RUINED MY DREAMS! YOU'RE DEAD, KEITARO!"
It was clear to even Keitaro that both Motoko and Naru were beyond reason. They were out for his blood.
Then all hell broke loose.
Fortunately, with the younger tenants out of the way, Keitaro didn't have to worry about them getting hurt as Motoko made a beeline for him...only to be stopped by Tsuruko. Seta, Ryu and Chun Li were fighting off the Karate team with little difficulty.
Naru spotted Keitaro retreating towards the stairs, and gave chase. However, a foot to the head stopped her. When she shook the effects of the attack off, she was facing Haruka. The cigarette was gone from her lips and her bored expression was gone, replaced by one of anger towards the former tenants.
"That's far enough, Naru," Haruka drawled. "I can't let you hurt my nephew or his fiancée."
Naru raised her fists. "I was his promised girl! Not that Okinawan bitch! He betrayed me! If I can't have him, then no one will!"
While Naru and Haruka fought, Motoko and Tsuruko were caught in the middle of a heated sword battle which had moved outside. Motoko had improved, but Tsuruko knew she was better as she deflected Motoko's wild swings and ki attacks. As they fought, the Karate team was quickly subdued.
"You never could beat me, little sister," Tsuruko replied as she avoided another Shinmei Ryu ki technique. "And you continue to use the style of the school which you were banned from. You are not a martial artist!"
"I am tired of your lectures, Tsuruko," Motoko snapped. "And I am tired of living in your shadow. I will take back what's mine!"
Motoko's anger proved to be a huge mistake. As Motoko missed with an underhand, Tsuruko's own blade came down, slashing Motoko's sword arm. The disgraced kendoka cried out as she dropped the sword, which clattered to the ground. Tsuruko quickly picked it up and tossed it away. Holding her arm, she saw that she had lost the battle. The Karate club was defeated and she saw a battered Naru flee the scene, having been beaten by Haruka. She too, turned tail and fled.

===

Once everything was situated at Hinata House, the Tokyo Police Department was out in force, looking for the two fugitives, with Chun Li and Tsuruko leading the charge. It would be three days before they found Motoko. She was inside a Shinto temple, keeled over a pool of blood, a bloodied tanto in her hand, her stomach split open.
Motoko had committed seppuku. She had left a note before she died: 'I have disgraced my school and my family. Please forgive me.'
Naru was never seen in Hinata City again. She had planned this for a long time. Once her and Motoko's vengeance against Keitaro was complete, she and Motoko would flee to America and start over. With Keitaro still breathing and Motoko dead, Naru hastily fled the country. Chun Li wasn't about to let her get away with it. Naru may have thought this through, but Chun Li was better.
When Naru arrived in Lanai City, she thought she was scot-free.
She was wrong.
Upon arriving at the airport, she was greeted by Chun Li, and a number of Interpol agents. Naru tried to run, but one well-aimed walking stick to the shins by Chun Li stopped her ill-attempt at a getaway.
As Naru was being led away in handcuffs, Chun Li dropped the bomb on her. "Your kendoka friend is dead."

===

Naru's trial came swiftly. This time, however, despite Naru's claims that she had done nothing wrong, the judge threw the book at her.
"Naru Narusegawa, for your blatant disregard for the law and your malicious attack on your former manager and his tenants, I am sentencing you to thirty years' imprisonment. So ordered by the courts."
Naru was taken away screaming by the bailiffs as Keitaro watched with a cold look on his face. Mutsumi and Haruka were there along with him as Naru shouted obscenities at the Urashima family, as Naru's family watched in stunned silence.
"YOU MURDERER! YOU KILLED KITSUNE AND MOTOKO! GODDAMN YOU, KEITARO! YOU PERVERT! YOU BASTARD! YOU'LL GET YOURS ONE DAY!"
That was the last time that the Urashima family saw Naru Narusegawa.

===

Several months passed.
Once everything was back to normal (surprisingly, relatives of the tenants didn't find Keitaro at fault for what had happened), Keitaro married Mutsumi in a private, Western ceremony. The incident at Hinata House was forgotten with the wedding. Mutsumi decided to stay with Keitaro and help with managing the dorm and Haruka's tea shop. Even Granny Hina and Keitaro's stepsister Kanako made it to the wedding. Hina had been told about the girls' expulsion and their murder attempt on her grandson and her new granddaughter-in-law. Hina was shocked at the chain of events, but accepted them.
As for Naru, she would be put through hell upon arriving in prison, suffering the same fate as Kitsune, only this time, she was violated at the hands of the prison guards and several of the prisoners. Her torment would continue for several years until one day, she was found in the communal shower, her wrists slashed.
Her family, long having since disowned her for her crimes, refused to give her a proper burial. Instead, Naru was buried in the prison graveyard, her number being the only thing on her headstone.
Naru and Motoko's final attempt to kill Keitaro from the grave came when they returned as a somewhat misguided Onryô. However, before they can do some serious damage, Keitaro had called Ryu and Tsuruko beforehand and they were able to eliminate the evil spirits once and for all, giving them eternal rest.
In time, the three girls were forgotten as Keitaro and Mutsumi Urashima managed Hinata House. Upon graduating from Tokyo University, they settled down and had their own family. They are still there, living at Hinata House Co-Ed Dormitory, content and in love, Naru being completely forgotten in Keitaro's mind as he continued to raise his family.
End of Part Two