Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Legacy ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Shinobu silently padded down the stairs. After the announcement that Granny Hina had intervened on Naru's behalf, she had nearly swooned as the release of worried tension had sucked all the energy from the little domestic heart of the Hinata. She had thought, given the circumstances, that she would fall asleep quickly, but for some reason, she had been unable to sleep soundly.
 
Now, in the small hours of the morning, she was going to get a glass of cool water to see if that helped her sleep any. Years of familiarity allowed her to move through the Hinata without needing light, and the girl had hastily slipped on a thin, sheer, upper-thigh-length gown before leaving her room. She wouldn't have bothered with anything except that the old man who had come with Mutsumi's mother was in the house. If Keitaro were here, I would make it a point to be naked, she thought, enjoying a delicious thrill at the thought. Just in case I happened to run into him, leered the girl, her groin tingling.
 
After drinking a glass of water, Shinobu made her way back toward the stairs that led to the second floor, but paused, thinking she had seen someone move in the moonlight-shadowed inner courtyard. Frowning, she silently moved over to the doorway, looking around. Just as she was certain that it was just a figment of her imagination, she caught sight of movement again. I didn't imagine that, did I? she wondered, slipping out of the house and moving along the walkway to get a better view.
 
Ahead of her, she was certain she saw someone moving toward the Annex. It's too tall to be Kanako, Su or Sarah, she thought, getting only partial glimpses of the figure, and a little too slim to be Mutsumi or Kitsune. Shinobu wondered if she shouldn't go back and wake Motoko or Tsuruko. Probably just seeing things, she soothed herself. Besides, no one would ever break into this place just to go to the Annex, she told herself.
 
Moving through the small break between the main house proper and the abandoned Annex, she saw the person duck into the Annex. With no trees or shadows in her way, she had a better view of the person. That was…Haruka? she tried to grasp what she had seen. Are she and Keitaro back already? wondered Shinobu. And why would she be going into the Annex at this hour?
 
Shinobu had barely started to step forward when a hand clamped over her mouth as an arm wrapped around her. “Mmph!” she tried to scream, struggling a little.
 
“Heya, Shinobu,” came the familiar voice of Su, “calm down or you'll spook her,” whispered the blonde. Shinobu sighed behind Su's hand. Reaching up, she pulled Su's hand off her mouth.
 
“What are you doing out here, Su?” asked Shinobu. The girl grinned at her.
 
“Hunting ghosts, of course!” she whispered back. “I've tried to catch this one before, but she keeps getting away,” pouted Kaolla. “What brings you out here?” she wondered. Shinobu swiftly told her about getting a drink of water and thinking she saw something.
 
“If it is a ghost, shouldn't we get Tsuruko-san or Motoko-sempai to deal with it?” she worried. Kaolla shook her head.
 
“No, this one is ours!” grinned the dark-skinned girl, pulling up a short device with wires running from it to her belt pack. “I'm gonna catch her tonight for sure!” bragged Su in a whisper. “Come on, Shinobu!” she urged, starting forward. Shinobu blinked.
 
“Um, I'm not really dressed for ghost-chasing,” she began to beg off. Kaolla gave her a puzzled look.
 
“There is a way to dress for catching ghosts?” wondered the foreigner. Shinobu started to reply before she realized that Su was wearing her belt pack, a pair of panties, and a hair band. She's virtually naked! realized Shinobu. “If you want, you can leave your gown here,” shrugged Su, starting forward again.
 
Shaking off her mental paralysis, Shinobu chased after the grinning Su. As she stepped into the Annex, Shinobu fleetingly thought of just how complete a psycho her friend was. Su had stopped just inside the building. Before Shinobu could suggest that they come back in force with the Aoyama sisters, Su grabbed her hand and raced off down the hallway of the worn building. “I bet I know where she is going,” explained Su in an eager whisper. “We'll head her off at the pass, partner!” giggled Su.
 
Corners and stairs and passages flew by as Shinobu concentrated on not tripping as Su dragged her along. Finally, the two reached a room deep in the Annex. Surveying the room, Su sighed. “Too late,” she complained. The slowly-collapsing building had several holes in the roof, doors and walls from various mishaps, and the moonlight shone through like soft spotlights. “Might as well head back,” Su pouted.
 
“What's that?” asked Shinobu, seeing something sparkle in a beam of moonlight. Moving into the room, she carefully avoided hazards on the floor, reaching the sparkling item. Kneeling, she lifted a long ivory and silver hair pin from the dusty floor. Set in the end was a small diamond. The moonlight had glinted off the precious stone, attracting Shinobu to the relic.
 
“Whatcha got?” wondered Su, leaning over Shinobu's shoulder.
 
“It's a hair pin,” said Shinobu, eyeing it. “These are the kind that you used to put your hair up when wearing a kimono,” she said. “It's old, too,” she realized. “It might have been part of a traditional wedding set,” she mused out loud. Briefly, a daydream of her and Keitaro getting married danced in her head. But, he already engaged to Motoko or Tsuruko, promised to Mutsumi, legally obligated to marry Su, and has Naru for a girlfriend, she thought unhappily. How am I supposed to win against that?
 
“Why are you sad, Shinobu?” asked Su, sinking down to squat behind the girl, her arms circling Shinobu in a warm hug.
 
“It's nothing,” Shinobu said.
 
“Then why are you sad?” persisted Su. “Is it because we didn't bag the ghost?” she guessed. Shinobu couldn't even be angry with the over-active genius nutcase.
 
“No,” she said quietly. I should just leave it alone, she told herself firmly, after all, Keitaro promised me, she recalled. “You are going to marry Keitaro, aren't you, Su?” Shinobu blinked. Who said that?! I didn't say that out loud, did I?!
 
“Yep!” came the cheerful reply. “Motoko, too!” she went on. “They are my two favorite people, after all,” she said.
 
“And I'm not?” murmured Shinobu.
 
“You're my best friend, Shinobu,” Su corrected her.
 
“But you aren't marrying me,” Shinobu sighed, fingering the hair pin. Su blinked.
 
“You want to marry me?” asked Su eagerly, scuttling around to face her, kneeling in front of the dark-haired girl. “Really?!” she asked eagerly.
 
“Um…yes?” guessed Shinobu, lost as to where the conversation had gotten off to so suddenly. Giggling, Su dug in a pouch on her belt, and a moment later, she produced a ring. Taking Shinobu's hand in her own, she slid it onto Shinobu's middle finger.
 
“I accept your proposal, Shinobu,” said Su before drawing Shinobu to her, kissing the stunned girl soundly on the lips. “I'll send word to have your name added to the permit later this morning,” said Su. Shinobu blinked.
 
Did I just…get engaged to Su?!
 
-
 
“You know, Keitaro,” said Haruka as she sat down beside her cousin in the last bit of daylight, paper plate in hand, “I think that Nyamo might have a thing for you,” grinned the older Urashima. Keitaro blinked at his cousin.
 
“You really think so?” he asked, sounding surprised. Haruka snickered.
 
“Yes, I really think so,” she assured him. “Just look at how much time she spends with us; usually no more than a few feet from you, I might add,” teased Haruka.
 
“Well, she's just comfortable around me,” he argued. Seeing the playful leer on Haruka's face, he knew he had lost the argument already. “She is cute,” he muttered, seeing the girl getting her own food before hurrying over to sit close beside him, bracketing him between herself and Haruka.
 
Since the girl had returned to the site with Seta, she had moved into the tent that the Urashimas shared. Keitaro had expected Haruka to object, or at least insist that he move out, but she had done nothing of the sort. Nyamo had put her small pack of clothes down, dropped off her skirt and laid down on Keitaro's cot. The second night, she had landed on Haru's bed.
 
Keitaro had wondered what the girl's presence would mean to Haruka's tendency to kiss him and hug him and do those wonderful things she did with him. The answer was it had next to no impact on it. Haru still slept in just her panties, she still kissed him good night and good morning, and she still delighted in groping him; and in having him grope her.
 
Initially, his hard-conditioned instincts kept him from caressing her, but Haruka had firmly, gently worked on those ingrained habits. At first, she had to initiate any groping of herself, but after a few days, she found Keitaro was initiating it himself. She encouraged this trend. Now, he was almost confident about sneaking in a caress of her breasts, or cupping her sex, or pinching her rear when she didn't expect it.
 
Today is the one-week anniversary of our first time, recalled Haruka, feeling her pussy tingle at the memory. Peeking to the side, she saw Nyamo feeding Keitaro a piece of meat from her plate. Hmm, what should I do about that with Nyamo in our tent? she wondered. Looking at the beaming girl, she found herself smiling. She really does remind me of Shinobu with a tan, thought Haruka fondly.
 
“Hey, Haruka,” came a voice, distracting the woman from her thoughts. Looking forward, she saw Seta approaching the group. Her smile vanished, a mask of indifference taking its place.
 
“What, Seta,” she replied levelly.
 
“I was wondering if you want to help me with the primary mapping of the temple roof tomorrow,” he said. Haruka frowned.
 
“No,” she said firmly. “Use the documenting team to support you. Keitaro and I are taking some GPS mapper nodes and shovels over to the alter site and do a 3D map of the central find,” she decided on the spot. “Don't forget to input the data in to the archive site,” she reminded the forgetful man. “I don't want to get set back again,” muttered Haruka. Seta blinked at that odd comment.
 
“Set back?” he wondered. Haruka glared at him, eyes back on Keitaro and Nyamo. Though still the girl of few, few words, Nyamo was giggling and laughing and enjoying being around Keitaro. Before she knew it, Haruka was smiling again. It's kind of funny, she thought to herself, but seeing him and Nyamo sort of reminds me of Keitaro and myself when we were younger. Where did those times go? What changed?
 
“Mind your own business, Seta,” she said coldly. “Or at least mind the job you are here to do,” she amended.
 
“Ok, ok, I hear you,” Seta said, waving his hands. Haruka grunted. “So, how have things been at the Hinata? I hope Sarah isn't causing too much trouble for you all,” Seta said, fumbling for a cigarette.
 
“If you bothered to give that girl as much attention as you do your hobbies, you would know,” murmured Haruka. “But, since I know that isn't going to happen, she's fine. In fact, I think she has found a kindred spirit in Su,” added Haruka.
 
“And how are things with the other girls?” wondered Seta. Haruka glanced at him.
 
“That is none of your business,” she said evenly. Seta considered that as he pulled his lighter from his pocket. “And don't smoke near Nyamo,” added Haruka. After a moment of studying the woman, Seta put his lighter away and removed the unlit cigarette from his mouth.
 
“Can we talk, Haruka?” he asked her quietly. “Privately?” he added. Haruka sighed softly.
 
“Hey, Keitaro,” she said, grabbing her cousin's attention. “Seta and I have to talk. Be back in a bit,” she said.
 
“Oh. Ok,” agreed Keitaro, his attention shifting back to Nyamo. Haruka rose to her feet and led Seta to the edge of the camp, just far enough to talk without being overheard, but not so far that they lost sight of Keitaro and Nyamo.
 
“Spit it out, Seta,” said Haruka.
 
“What is going on, Haruka?” he asked her. “I mean, you're acting like I'm a stranger.”
 
“Honestly, Seta,” sighed, running her fingers through her hair, “you are.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“All that time with you and Sarah's mom, I thought I knew you. I thought I understood you,” she said. “In fact, I only saw and understood what I wanted you to be. Things have changed, and I've moved on. I suggest you do likewise,” she said. No point in drawing this out just for melodramatic kicks, she told herself.
 
“Well, that's certainly…direct,” Seta managed. Haruka nodded.
 
“I've never been one for beating around the bush, you know,” she said, watching Keitaro and Nyamo.
 
“No, I suppose not,” he agreed. “Um, do you remember several years ago, before Sarah's mom died, that talk we had?” he asked her.
 
“Yes,” said Haruka. “What about it?” wondered the woman.
 
“Well, I recently thought about that again, and I decided that you were right.” Haruka turned to look at him, surprise in her eyes. Seta nodded. “Seems it's another case of poor timing, eh?” he smiled weakly at her.
 
“Seta,” Haruka said, “that's the story of your life. I do feel a little bad for you, but it was your call, and you made it. For what it's worth, it would have been a mistake anyway; for both of us. Your first love is archeology, and mine…is another man,” she finished carefully. “Sarah's mom loved you, you know. She would have made a good wife for you; well, if she wasn't already married,” grinned Haruka.
 
“Didn't you love me as well?” asked Seta. Haruka leaned her head back and looked at the starts.
 
“At the time, I thought I did,” she said slowly. “But now, I know I was lying to myself.”
 
“I don't understand,” Seta almost complained. Haruka turned to him, smiling a rare, open smile.
 
“I know,” she said sweetly, patting his cheek. “But that's ok; I didn't expect you to understand.” Against his will Seta snickered. “It's like this, Seta,” Haruka continued, “you reminded me of someone, and I tried to make you a surrogate for that person. It didn't work, and it made me miserable. Recently, I was forced to re-assess my life and the choices I had made. It wasn't pretty, and I won't keep making the same mistakes. That is all there is to it. Simple enough for you?” she asked him.
 
“I suppose so,” said Seta. Haruka nodded.
 
“Good. Now that you understand, I'm missing my meal.” With that said, Haruka walked back to where Keitaro and Nyamo were just finishing up their own food. Behind her, Seta watched her re-join his `part-timer' and the girl who came and went much like a cat. Fishing in his pocket, he felt around for the small box he had carried with him for almost a year now. I meant to go to Tokyo a thousand times since I got it, but never made it, and now… his thoughts trailed off, sidetracked by the fact that he wasn't feeling the small box with the ring in it.
 
Almost frantically, he went through every pocket on him, but came up empty. Let's see, he reviewed his recent activities, I had it after the helicopter crash, and it was in my pocket this morning, so where could it have gone? he wondered. Probably for the best that I didn't get the chance to propose, he reflected, beginning to re-trace his steps on the dig, I can only image how Haruka would have reacted to me proposing, then not being able to find the ring! As he was moving down the stepped excavation walls, he slipped as a chunk of sandy dirt came loose under his feet. Landing on the terrace below, he felt something heavy land on his groin. “Agh!” he gritted out.
 
Looking down at his groin, he saw a dark shape on his hips. Painfully shifting the weight off his abused testicles, he took several deep breaths. Looking closer, he noticed that the object was some sort of stone. Brushing it with his hand, he felt worn carving on the surface. Swiftly brushing more dirt from the surface, he pulled a flashlight from his belt and shone it on the artifact. It was a carefully-carved stone idol or icon. Seta grinned, his pain long forgotten. “Another priceless artifact!” he breathed excitedly. Grabbing the item up, he scampered to the documentation tent to document his latest find.
 
-
 
“Morning, Shinobu-chan,” came a quiet voice from behind the young domestic. Turning from the range, Shinobu saw Naru entering the kitchen.
 
“Oh, good morning, Naru-sempai,” said the girl, swiftly handing Naru her coffee. Naru nodded her thanks, sipping her morning coffee. After several painful moments of silence, Shinobu bit the bullet. “Are you…ok, Naru-sempai?” asked Shinobu softly, her heart racing as she wondered if she could escape the kitchen in time if her question set off the brunette.
 
“Ok? Do I look `ok' to you, Shinobu?” asked the girl, an edge in her voice. “My own sister thinks I'm going to kick her ass, Kanako wants to evict me, and Motoko is following me around with her hand on her sword!” Naru growled.
 
“Actually, Na-chan,” came a sunny voice from behind the brunette, “Motoko and her sister are doing their morning practice, and Granny Hina is talking to Kanako about some family matters,” supplied the eternally-upbeat Mutsumi. “So, at least for now, it's just another morning around here,” she said.
 
“Oh, really?” Naru retorted sardonically. Shinobu felt a lot better with Mutsumi in the room with her and Naru, though, given the heat in Naru's earlier reply, she wouldn't have minded Motoko or Tsuruko or even Kanako to be the one in the room with her and Naru. That thought made her feel dirty and uncomfortable. I really don't like thinking of Naru as dangerous, but…!
 
“Um, so,” Shinobu tried to think of a way to steer the conversation to a less hazardous topic, “are you heading to Todai, Naru-sempai?” she grasped at the obvious choice. Naru was silent. Shinobu turned to look at the brunette, only to find her staring blankly at her coffee, her expression troubled.
 
“I see,” said Mutsumi softly, as if she could read something in Naru's body language. Stepping up behind Naru, Mutsumi hugged her. “I'm proud of you, Na-chan,” she said softly.
 
“Not like there is a choice,” murmured Naru.
 
“No, Na-chan,” Mutsumi disagreed, “there was always a choice. It's just now, you are making it consciously.”
 
“I don't even know why I have to…!” began Naru angrily, only to find herself silenced by Mutsumi's hand.
 
“That is why right there,” Mutsumi said. Naru guiltily looked back to her coffee.
 
“Morning, Naru-chan, Mutsumi-chan, Shinobu-chan!” came the energetic voice of Granny Hina. Smiling, Shinobu turned to greet the wizened old owner of the Hinata house.
 
“Good morning, Granny,” she said cheerfully. The short old woman was liberally distributing hugs and kisses to Naru and Mutsumi, and moments later, Shinobu was given her share of them as well.
 
“So, we have an appointment today, don't we, Naru-chan,” said the old woman, accepting a cup of tea from Shinobu.
 
“We?” wondered Naru. Hina nodded.
 
“I'll be tagging along with you,” said the old woman. Naru scowled.
 
“It not like I need an escort,” she said sourly.
 
“It's nothing like that, Naru-chan,” Hina waved off the protest. “I don't trust these snake-oil salesmen around a beautiful girl, that's all,” she grinned mischievously. “Besides, it's been years since you and I did a little shopping,” said the old woman. Naru brightened a little.
 
“Yeah, I guess it has,” said the brunette.
 
“So, we'll talk with this doctor, then do a little shopping in the afternoon,” Hina directed. “But right now, the smell of Shinobu-chan's cooking is making me weak in the knees. Let's eat!” she proclaimed. Shinobu happily dished up the food, and by the time Hina was on her second helping, the others had arrived at the table and Naru had gone to get dressed and ready for the day.
 
As the small domestic tossed her apron over the back of a chair and prepared to head to school herself, she saw Kanako walk past the door to the dining room. “Kanako,” called out Shinobu, causing the sister of her crush to stop and look at her. “I want to talk to you this evening,” said Shinobu, mustering her courage. “It's important, and, um, private,” she said. Kanako nodded.
 
“Very well,” said the girl, turning back toward the inn, a piece of paper in her hand. “Don't be late for school,” said Kanako over her shoulder. As Kanako moved under the landing at the head of the stairs, Su jumped from the top of the stairs, landed running and snagged Shinobu as she flew past the door to the kitchen.
 
“Come on!” laughed Su.
 
From the couch, Kitsune shook her head at the excessive energy of the young mad scientist. Hearing the familiar measured steps of Motoko, Kitsune waited for the swordswoman to reach the bottom of the stairs before speaking. “Hey, sugar,” she said to Motoko, “are you sure you shouldn't have been Naru's escort?” wondered the ash-blonde.
 
“It was not my choice,” said Motoko. “Kanako wanted to be the escort, but Hina-sama over-ruled both of us,” said the taller girl. “She said that it would only increase the risk for the doctor to have either of us with Naru, as well as making it less likely that Naru would be honest during her visit.”
 
“Hmm, you make a good case,” admitted Kitsune. Motoko glanced around the area, then spoke to Kitsune.
 
“Kitsune,” she said softly, “do you think…” she paused, reconsidering her words, “that is, what are you feelings on the issue with Naru?”
 
Kitsune assessed Motoko carefully. “Naru is my best friend, Motoko,” said the fox, “and I don't want to see her hurt. However,” sighed the writer, “something has to give; it can't keep on like this.”
 
Motoko weighed that for a long moment. “I understand,” she said at last. “Thank you for your time, Kitsune,” said the girl, moving off, sword in hand.
 
-
 
“Maehara-chan,” called out the teacher as the class filed out the door, “may I speak with you for a moment?” Biting back a sigh, Shinobu turned and approached the desk of her homeroom teacher.
 
“What is it, sir?” she asked. Today was his first day back, so what could he want with me? she asked herself. Swiftly, she reviewed her most recent marks at school. I am still first in year, so why does he want to talk to me?
 
“I was just wondering if you could tell me a little more about your home life,” he said, smiling at her. It was impossible to find out much from searching online and asking around, he thought to himself. All I could find was the name of the Hinata's manager, which is Urashima Keitaro. Guess the pervert was telling the truth about that at least! And I called one of my old sempais that works over at Todai these days, and he told me that there was an Urashima Keitaro in the archeology department; pretty infamous, too, from the sounds of it. “In particular, I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about your housemates and that manager,” he said aloud. If I can get enough details, I should be able to dredge up something on them all, he privately plotted.
 
“What makes you ask?” replied Shinobu, frowning.
 
“Oh, well,” the teacher swiftly cast about for a plausible excuse, “they made quite an impression on me, and I would like to know more about them,” he managed. Oh, they most certainly left an impression on me…! “I am particularly interested in your manager and the brunette who arrived late,” he mused. A temper like that should have plenty to work with, he mused.
 
“You mean Keitaro and Naru-sempai,” Shinobu said, mostly to herself.
 
“Yes, Keitaro Urashima and Naru…what was her family name again?” prompted the teacher. Shinobu didn't immediately answer, her expression thoughtful.
 
“I'm sorry, sensei,” said the girl, her expression growing resolute, “but I can't talk about matters not related to school. Please excuse me,” she said, bowing and turning away from him.
 
“Maehara-chan!” the teacher cried out, “didn't you tell me that they helped you with your studies? And that they were both Todai students?”
 
“Yes, sensei,” said the girl, glancing back at him. “And that is all there is to be discussed, since that is all there is to them relevant to my school. Good day, sensei,” she said, swiftly slipping out the door. Her homeroom teacher stared at the empty door for several seconds.
 
I was sure that she would open up and tell me the truth, he thought, frowning. It must be worse than I thought. That Urashima hood must be threatening her; and from what they did to me, she is probably in fear of her life! Fumbling for his laptop, he jogged toward the teacher's lounge. “I won't leave my Maehara-chan in that violent pit of depravity another day!” he gritted out. It was time to make a few calls and talk with a few people.
 
-
 
“Sunrise is really nice way out here,” mused Haruka, lounging at the tiller of the wooden-hulled boat that Nyamo had shown her and Keitaro that first time. Not far from her, just aft of the thin mast, sat Keitaro.
 
“Yes, it's got so many colors to it,” he replied, his voice pitched lower than necessary. From the bow, a soft hum signaled Nyamo's agreement about the beautiful pallet of colors that stained the sky as the sun rose over the trackless Pacific Ocean. Haruka smiled slightly as she watched Nyamo trail a hand in the cool salt water as the small boat skimmed along on the freshening morning breeze, the tide helping it toward the small island where the alter was.
 
She had awoken an hour earlier than usual to find that Nyamo had at some point switched from Keitaro's cot to her own, the small girl comfortably tucked close to her chest, her face pillowed partially on Haruka's breasts. Haruka had found herself wondering if this was how a mother might feel before she even realized what she was thinking. Pushing those thoughts from her mind, she carefully eased off the cot, trying not to wake Nyamo.
 
The tanned girl was having none of that, however, waking almost instantly as the covers were eased back from her, allowing the cooler, damper night air to wash over her bare body. Realizing that the girl was up, Haruka had calmly adjusted her plans. Didn't really expect her not to wake up, Haruka thought an hour later, guiding the craft toward the island. Besides, she's better off with us than back at camp.
 
Nyamo might have spent nearly all her life at archeological sites, but other than finding the sites, she had no training - nor interest - in the technical side of things. It worked out fine that way, as she had an ability to find thing that sometimes bordered on the supernatural. Without Nyamo, they would likely have never found the alter, or the temple room; probably not even the current site. Besides, she's better company than Seta or any of the site personnel; and she's cute, grinned Haruka.
 
The three of them had slipped away from the camp before even the group on breakfast duty had begun to stir, pausing only to grab enough food for a lunch and two small snacks, the GPS mapping modules, and a four gallon jug of clean water. As always, Haru's pack rode her shoulder, and Keitaro had his smaller pack clipped to his belt.
 
As they launched the small wooden boat, it was that dark period just before dawn, when the moon had set and the sun hadn't risen, but the stars were fading. Not that there wasn't enough light to do it, since Haru had snapped a green light stick and tossed it into the boat, tossing a second light stick - this time a blue one - a fair distance into the water. Between the two light sticks, they had no problem launching, rigging and setting sail. Haruka had even brought them close enough to the blue light stick as they headed out that Keitaro had been able to reach down and pull the bobbing plastic stick from the water, dropping it into the boat next to the green one.
 
It was ten minutes later when the first sliver of sun had broken the horizon, and the sky had filled with all the colors of the rainbow. “Hey, Keitaro,” she said, “hand me something to eat, will you?” she asked.
 
“Sure, Haru,” he agreed, fishing in the sack for a moment before pulling out an energy bar and some dried mango slices. Handing them back to the woman, he carefully poured her a cup of the clean water. They had only taken one aluminum cup with them, and would share. Munching on her breakfast, Haru nodded her thanks, pausing to take a deep drink of water. While the energy bar and fruit were good energy, they were also dry, so you had to have plenty of water to go with them. As soon as she was done, she handed the cup back to Keitaro, who was handing Nyamo a bar and a small stack of the dried tropical fruit.
 
Seeing that the whole sun was now up, and the temperature was rising, Haru wedged the rudder with her knee, sitting up straight long enough to pull off her shirt. One-hand folding the cotton tee shirt, she tucked it into the top of her small pack before sitting back once more. Keeping the leer off her face, she waited for Keitaro to notice. When he looked back at her, he froze for just an instance. Seeing his eyes caress her bare breasts, she couldn't keep the smug smile off her face any longer. “Like what you see, Keitaro?” she asked him playfully.
 
“Yeah, Haru,” he managed, swallowing with a bit of difficulty, “but why…?” he began. Haruka cut him off.
 
“We've got a full day of sun, and there is no point wasting it,” she shrugged, deliberately making her breasts jiggle more than necessary. “Besides, I've gotten pasty in the last few years,” she added, glancing down at her bare skin. Aside from her cargo shorts and sturdy, comfortable boots, she was naked. “Figured I'd get some sun,” she expanded, her eyes flickering to Nyamo, who was as tanned as a copper penny.
 
“Oh,” Keitaro replied faintly, eyes still on Haruka's bare breasts. “Um, won't you burn?” he asked her.
 
“I brought some sunscreen,” Haru replied easily. “You can put it on me a little later,” she purred. Yes, this is just the start, Keitaro! thought the woman, feeling herself growing more aroused. I don't know why, but every time I get him more or less alone, I can hardly keep from jumping his bones, she mused, not at all upset by the fact.
 
Keitaro licked his lips at the thought of putting suntan lotion on Haruka later. He himself had developed a good tan, though he was nowhere near as deeply tanned as Nyamo. Remembering that the girl was in the bow of the boat, he turned to see the near clone of Shinobu watching him and Haru banter, a smile on her lips and in her eyes. “Um…” he tried to think of something to say to the girl. “It's not what you think,” was the best he could come up with.
 
To his surprise, Nyamo giggled, Haruka joining her moments later. “I don't think she believes you, Keitaro,” Haruka teased him. “That, or she thinks its funny that that was the best you could do,” she allowed. Keitaro hung his head. “Oh, don't be like that! If Nyamo-chan had a problem with it, she would have said so before now, right, Nyamo-chan?” Haruka smiled at the girl.
 
Keitaro looked up just in time to see Nyamo nod, meeting his eyes. He returned the smile without hesitation or thought. “Well, if you're sure…” he began. An instant later, Nyamo's own strapless top fluttered to the planking of the hull. Unable to resist, Keitaro looked up to see the girl smiling at him encouragingly. She really could be a clone of Shinobu-chan, he thought fleetingly. She doesn't have any tan lines, either, he discovered a moment later.
 
“Well,” breathed Haruka, eyeing the girl. “You are certainly a beautiful one, Nyamo,” she murmured. Like her cousin, she found herself comparing the girl to Shinobu. Other than having slightly lighter and less-tended hair than the chef of the Hinata and the deep, apparently all-over tan, the quiet girl could pass as a twin sister to Maehara. For the rest of the trip, Keitaro was silent, trying his best not to stare at one or the other topless girls in the small boat with him; and failing miserably.
 
When they reached the small, rough island, the trio pulled the boat up to the beach, secured it and began to work the site of the alter. After about a half hour of shoveling sand and broken shells, Keitaro stopped to take off his own shirt, which was soaked with sweat. The sky was a clear deep blue with only a slight scattering of high, thin clouds between them and the sun.
 
Having cleared all the small, stunted, twisted salt weed from the site on previous trips, the group had a pretty easy dig down. Haruka paused to swap her boots for flip-flops and to wiggle out of her cargo shorts, revealing a pair of cotton thong panties in navy blue. She had also taken the time to get Keitaro to apply the tanning oil all over her during one of their water breaks.
 
Planning ahead, Haruka had put a small, simple pavilion cover in the boat the evening before, and with it set up, their water was kept in the shade, along with the basic gear that they would need to digitally map the alter and document the site. During water breaks, the group gathered in the small shade to catch their breath and cool off a bit. Sitting on the sand atop a towel, Haruka had handed Keitaro a bottle of tanning oil and asked him to apply it to her. He had done as asked, not one to pass up a chance to fondle his lover.
 
“Mm,” moaned Haruka in pleasure, feeling him cover her breasts in the oil thoroughly, “be sure not to miss anything, Keitaro,” she said, inhaling sharply as he gave her nipples a tug and gentle pinch. “I don't want to burn, so be sure that every part of me is covered,” husked the woman.
 
“Sure, Haru,” Keitaro panted, reluctantly working his way down from her shapely mounds toward her belly and hips. The rich scent of coconut filled the air around them as he worked his way over her bellybutton and toward her panties. Sighs, moans and the occasional groans escaped from Haruka's lips as he reached her panties. feeling him begin to trace along them, she shook her head.
 
“I said `everywhere', Keitaro,” she reminded him, raising her hips off the towel in mute invitation. After a quick look in her eyes, he tugged her panties down to mid-thigh before methodically coating her hips, upper thighs and outer lips in the oil. He noticed that her sex was puffy and swollen with arousal, the inner creases of her sex shiny with her juices.
 
As if sensing how much his dick ached to be in her, Haruka reached out and delicately, lovingly, caressed him through his shorts. “I want this in me, too,” she said, looking into Keitaro's eyes, “but I don't want to be rushed,” continued the woman, “so, let's finish up the mapping, and then, before we head back, I will make it up to you, ok, lover?” she whispered softly. Jerkily, he nodded.
 
“Whatever you say, Haru,” he rasped out. Haruka used her other hand to pull his face to her own, kissing him deeply. When she let him ease back, she looked him in the eyes.
 
“I am not like the girls at the Hinata, Keitaro,” she murmured. “I deliver on what I promise, and I promise you that I will fulfill any desire you have, in any way you want, whenever and however you want once we get the site mapped. Ok?” she said. Keitaro blinked.
 
“I know you will, Haru,” he said, “but the girls are the Hinata are like that, too,” he insisted. Haruka began to laugh.
 
“Oh, Keitaro, you are unbelievable,” she said, patting his cheek. If those girls had the slightest fucking clue, you'd never be able to wear pants in the house! As it was, she only counted herself lucky to be the first to know, and the first to be with him. The other issues in her life and the complications of being in that sort of relationship with him were immaterial to her. I just don't care about any of that, she thought as he efficiently and lovingly coated her from her hairline to the bottoms of her feet in the oil, pulling her panties back up after he had meticulously covered her delicate groin in protective oil.
 
“Keitaro,” came a soft, clear voice as he managed to stand from where he had been kneeling over Haruka. Turning to look at Nyamo, he found her sitting near him, completely naked, arms open. The young man blinked, trying not to stare at her exposed sex, which was nearly hairless save for a small, neat patch of soft black hair just above her nest.
 
“I think Nyamo is wanting equal treatment, Keitaro,” Haruka said, standing. “Fair's fair, after all,” admonished the older Urashima.
 
“But…!” Keitaro tried to protest.
 
“No buts,” Haruka cut him off firmly. “After you cover her, we'll give you a coat, ok?” she compromised. Looking at Nyamo's smiling, eager face, Keitaro sighed.
 
“Sure, Nyamo-chan,” he said, unknowingly smiling fondly at her. Haven't a clue what possible good she thinks tanning oil will do her, but if it makes her happy, who cares? Besides, she is really sexy, he thought. Shuffling over to her, he worked her over like he had Haruka. He tried to avoid her groin, but Haruka and Nyamo were having none of that.
 
Working the fragrant oil around and along her neat folds, he realized that other than a few shades difference, she didn't have any tan lines down there, either. Well, she is often off exploring islands by herself, so it makes sense, I suppose, thought Keitaro, trying to keep his mind off how good her soft, brown skin felt and how shiny the girl's lower lips were.
 
In what seemed barely a few seconds, Nyamo was completely covered in the oil, leaving her and Haruka shining in the sun. Lost in admiring the effects the oil had on their supple skin, he was blindsided by the pair's enthusiastic return of the favor. Only by greatest effort had he managed to keep his boxers on, the cotton garment bearing a few small tears, testament to the zeal Nyamo and Haruka had for getting at what lay under the garment. Keitaro didn't trust himself not to do something embarrassing if he ended up naked with the two gleaming temptresses who seemed hell-bent on getting their hands on his diamond-hard cock.
 
After finally managing to escape the two, he had a hard time getting them back to work; mostly thanks to the tent in his shorts, but after a few minutes of pouting, they fell back into the work. By the time that early afternoon rolled around, the site had been mapped into a 3D model, the map uploaded, and the carvings and some faint traces of the paint that had once adorned the alter had been documented. After a break for lunch, the trio had finished off excavating to the base of the alter, finding that it had been carved from a huge boulder of basalt, the un-carved lower section acting as the anchor of the alter.
 
With the afternoon drawing toward evening, the group finalized their site in preparation to pack up and sail back to the main site. Once all the details were complete, the group sat down for a final snack. In the late afternoon rays, the two girls literally glowed. Keitaro found himself staring at the two unabashedly in the early evening sun as they shared some beef jerky, a bit of dried tropical fruit, and some canned tuna on crackers.
 
Washing it down with water, the three relaxed, letting it digest as they idly speculated on the site, Nyamo hardly ever saying anything, but clearly following the meandering guesses the two Urashimas shared about the main site and this site, and the Turtle Cult in general. Eventually, Keitaro stretched his arms. “Guess we should head back,” he said reluctantly. Haruka shook her head.
 
“Not yet, Keitaro,” said the woman. “I promised you I'd make good on your patience, and I will not be interrupted while I do that,” she said, smiling a sharp-toothed smile that more closely resembled the leer a tiger might make when gazing at a blind, hobbled antelope.