Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Legacy ❯ Chapter 24

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“So, you ready for finals?” asked Shinobu of her friend Akiko. The girl slowly nodded.
 
“If I pass I'll count it a victory,” said the girl. Shinobu gave her a steady look.
 
“You will pass if you want to, Akiko!” she said firmly. Behind her, Motoko blinked, glancing at Naru, who was blushing a little. That was the sort of thing Naru had always said to Keitaro years before when the two had been studying for Todai. To hear Shinobu saying things like that was sort of odd. “Remember to use your flashcards, and review the highlighted sections,” she instructed. “I will give you a mock test at lunch tomorrow and see how you are doing. If necessary, come home with me the day after tomorrow and we will pull an all-nighter if we have to,” announced Shinobu.
 
Akiko was looking at Shinobu with a faint smile on her lips. “It must be nice to have so many sempais living with you,” Akiko said. As an only child, she didn't really know what it was like to have siblings, let alone older sempais like Naru, Motoko, Mutsumi and Kitsune. Shinobu found herself blushing.
 
“Y…yes it is,” she said, looking at the mats in Naru's room. Shinobu wasn't the only one feeling heat on her cheeks. After the talk the girls had had, Motoko and Naru were blushing a little at Shinobu's words. “I have learned so much from them,” she murmured, almost to herself. And there is still so much for us to learn from each other, too! Keitaro, where are you?!
 
“I wish I had some sempais like them,” Akiko said, tucking her books and notes away in her bag. “Well, I have to get home,” she said, standing. Shinobu blinked away her thoughts, standing as well.
 
“I will walk you to the tram stop,” she said, glancing at Motoko and Naru before moving toward the door to Naru's room. The two older girls straightened up, pausing to rest for a moment.
 
“How about you, Motoko?” asked Naru, glancing at the taller girl. Motoko frowned.
 
“What about me?” she asked.
 
“Todai entrance exam is coming up fast. Ready?” she asked the samurai girl. Motoko slowly nodded.
 
“I only missed by a little last time,” she said, “and this time, I have been studying with you, Keitaro and Mutsumi, so I see no reason for me to fail again,” explained the swordswoman. Naru hummed, stretching her arms.
 
“Well, glad to be of help,” the brunette said. As she lowered her arm, her hand inadvertently brushed across Motoko's thigh, causing the raven-haired girl to twitch. Naru noticed. “Sorry,” she said quietly. Motoko shook her head.
 
“It's not…that,” said Motoko. “It's just it surprised me; that's all.” Naru studied her hands.
 
“I hope Keitaro will be as understanding,” she said softly. Motoko wasn't sure what to day. On one hand, she was certain that the mild young man they had all come to love would forgive her for her past actions, and she was just as certain - from listening to girls talk - that no man minded a girl who was also into other girls. But on the other hand, Naru making up with Keitaro endangered her chances, as well as threatened to derail the deal the girls had tentatively worked out.
 
“Let's…go to the springs,” Motoko said, standing. “We could both use a relaxing soak,” she added wryly. Her groin was warm and tingly, since she had found it hard to push thoughts of Keitaro from her mind ever since she had heard that he was returning to the Hinata.
 
-
 
“Haru-chan, wake up; we're here,” came a soft voice, along with gentle fingers brushing her cheek. Opening her eyes, Haruka focused on the face before her own. Keitaro smiled at her. “Good morning,” he grinned, “or more accurately, good night,” he amended.
 
“Mm,” moaned the older Urashima happily, “I could get used to waking up like this,” she purred, raising her lips to his for a brief kiss. Breaking the kiss, she straightened from where she had been curled up against him, stretching her arms as she stood and grabbed her pack and his. “Home again,” she said softly, meeting his gaze.
 
“Yeah,” Keitaro agreed. “Welcome home, Haru,” he added, feeling a decidedly odd mixture of emotions in his chest.
 
“Welcome home, Keitaro,” she replied, hugging him. Exiting the train, the two were the last ones off before the doors closed. Looking at the sparsely-populated station, they both felt a distinct yearning for the Hinata; and those who lived within the house. Shouldering their packs, the two made for the local train platforms, both silently counting the minutes until they would be home.
 
Riding the train to the nearest station, the pair walked the block to the base of the trolley run that would carry them to the foot of the hill the Hinata dominated. Silently, the two stood side-by-side as they rode the trolley to the end of the line, finding that each stop the car made, fewer people remained with them, until finally, at the end of the run, only one other remained with them. Haruka was pretty sure she recognized the old man as an occasional customer at the tea shop, but as he didn't greet her, she was fine with not pursuing a conversation with him.
 
Walking up the hill to the Hinata, Haruka found that she and Keitaro were both gradually quickening their pace. Glancing at the odd look on Keitaro's face, Haruka laughed softly. “Strange, isn't it?” she asked him, squeezing his hand. “We are coming home after so long, knowing that life-changing decisions have been made, and yet we are picking up speed the closer to the Hinata we get. Strange, hmm?”
 
Keitaro chuckled a little. “I guess,” he said. “It just doesn't seem real to me right now,” he shared in turn, “I mean, me? Marrying one of the girls? Because of some scroll from hundreds of years ago? Just doesn't seem possible, and yet, at the same time, I know it is. Does that make any sense to you?” he wondered. Haruka nodded.
 
“Yes, actually,” she said. Silence passed, the two seeing first the dark wall surrounding the property, then the tops of trees within the yard, then the small lamps placed on either side of the main gate into the house proper. The two were nearly jogging now as they drew even with the tea shop. Haru glanced at the shop, seeing it was dark and the `closed' sign was out. Striding past her home for the last decade or so, Haruka craned her neck to look at the small, shallow balcony where Granny Hina had her hammock slung. She could see the hammock, and it was empty.
 
Reaching the gate, the two paused, seeing that the wooden gates were closed. While not unheard of, it was fairly rare. “Hope they haven't started barring the gates for some reason,” Keitaro said, experimentally turning the heavy black iron ring and pushing on the gates. To his relief, he heard the locking bar click and with a push, the gates swung open, a faint, soft squeak coming from the hinges. Stepping inside the walls of their home, the two paused to just stand and enjoy the comfortable, calming sense of being back in what was incontrovertibly `home' to the two travel-weary souls.
 
More than a minute later, the two sighed in unison, which sparked a shared burst of soft, comfortable laughter between them before they turned and closed the gates once more. Before them, the lowest level of the terraced estate stretched out to the stone steps that led to the second tier and the Hinata. Looking at the front of the house, they could see that the few accent lights on the house were on, but none of the rooms facing the front gate had any lights on in them. Keitaro glanced at his self-luminescent watch. “Guess they called it a night already,” he observed to Haruka.
 
“Little early,” she shrugged, “but then, maybe they had a long day,” she added. Together, the two stepped forward silently, their hands finding each other's once more. Climbing the steps, Keitaro found himself falling into his manager habits, noting small things that needed to be done, as well as seeing chores that had clearly been done regularly since he left to help with the dig.
 
“They have been doing the chores,” he noted. Haruka nodded.
 
“Yeah,” she agreed. The two were speaking softly, preserving the silence surrounding them. Not surprising, really, thought the woman, given that Granny is in residence, the issue of marriage is in play, and the girls have long since accepted their love of Keitaro; if only subconsciously, grinned the woman to herself.
 
“Probably Naru's doing,” Keitaro mused aloud. He had found that she had fallen into his role as manager when he went to America and when he went away on digs. “She usually does the manager stuff when I'm away,” he noted. Haruka gently bit her lip to keep from remarking on that. While Naru might have been doing her share of the work, the Hinata lived or died by Shinobu's actions when Keitaro wasn't there.
 
Reaching the primary level, the pair could see the door to their home before them, closed of course, but looking so inviting to them. Their pace hurried slightly as they moved to the door, climbed the three low steps to the porch and reached for the door. Both their hands met on the knob. Smiling at each other, they turned the knob and opened the door.
 
“Hello?” called out Keitaro, though it was hardly above conversational volume, since he figured the girls were already asleep. Not hearing any answer, he wasn't sure if he was relieved or disappointed. Sniffing the air, he sighed happily. “Smells like home,” he murmured unintentionally. Haruka was sniffing the air as well.
 
“Yeah, sure does,” she agreed blandly. Granny was right! This place reeks of lust! the woman thought, fighting hard against the grin that wanted to spread across her face. Having quit smoking before the trip, and having been using some of the family arts while working on the dig, she discovered that her sense of smell had sharpened over the time she had been away. It struck her that she hadn't even thought of cigarettes since she and Keitaro had left for the dig site. I don't miss the habit, that's for sure, she thought happily. I think my new addiction will prove much more satisfying, anyway, the woman thought, a leer sliding across her lips.
 
“Well,” breathed Keitaro, shrugging off his pack, “it's late and we've had a long day,” he said, setting his pack aside before taking her pack from her, setting it beside his own just inside the door. “What say we indulge ourselves in a soak in the hot spring before hitting the sack?” he smiled at her. Haruka smiled back warmly.
 
“Sure, Keitaro,” replied Haruka, bending over to loosen her boots, Keitaro doing the same. Kicking off their sturdy expedition boots, the two tugged off their socks as well, reveling in the feeling of the smooth, polished, waxed wood floors of their home under their soles. Moving past the dining room and through the living room, Keitaro considered ducking into his room to grab a towel, but decided not to bother, since he knew that Shinobu always kept a stack of fresh, soft towels next to the door to the springs so the girls could enjoy the spring at any time the urge hit them.
 
First to the door to the changing room, Keitaro slid it open, looking back at Haruka as he stepped into the room. “Let's try to be as quiet as possible,” he suggested, “no point waking them up,” explained the young man. Haruka nodded, already pulling off her shirt and bra in a single move. Keitaro did likewise, pausing only long enough to shove his shorts and boxers off. Leaving the clothes on the floor instead of putting them in a basket, he hurried to open the door to the spring for Haruka, who was already naked and picking up two towels. “After you, Haru,” he said, grinning at her as he slid the door open.
 
“Keitaro?” came a soft, familiar voice. Keitaro blinked, turning his head toward the voice. He found himself looking at a petite, naked girl. In particular, he was looking at compact, shapely breasts, the light brown nipples hard and her soft skin glistening in the lights from the changing room and the water on her skin. “Keitaro!” shrieked the girl, throwing herself at him, her arms wrapping around his neck as her lips met his.
 
“Mph!” Keitaro managed. He realized that the girl was not an experienced kisser, but she certainly put her entire heart behind the kiss. Before he could even think about it, he was kissing her back, arms around her slick, naked form. It was an instant eternity before she released his lips, but not his body as she pressed her lithe body against his, skin to skin.
 
“You're back, Keitaro!” she mumbled, face tight to his chest. “You came back to us,” she added, squeezing him tighter.
 
“Shinobu,” he began, but was interrupted by an explosion of voices from the hot spring. Looking up, he saw a mass of naked women charging him. He barely had time to turn Shinobu so she was somewhat protected from the onslaught before he was firmly clenched in a large group hug and was being hungrily and eagerly kissed by the residents.
 
“All right, give him some room before you crush Shinobu-chan,” Haruka called out, efficiently separating the girls from the young man. Keitaro saw that she was smiling widely, clearly amused by the scene. When she had backed off the other girls enough to reach Shinobu, Haruka was not surprised that the small girl was the hardest to peel off Keitaro. But, she succeeded in easing the girl away from him. “One at a time, hmm?” suggested the older woman, chuckling.
 
“Welcome home, kids!” came the amused voice of Granny Hina. A flicker of white hair was all the warning Keitaro got before he found himself being kissed on the cheek by the spry old woman, who immediately teleported to Haruka, kissing her granddaughter on the cheek as well before disappearing into the changing room. “Have a good night, and I'll speak with you two in the morning!” called back the old woman, cackling gleefully.
 
“Night, Granny,” Haruka called back, smiling. Turning to look at the girls, she realized that the entire group was assembled, including Amalla. She also realized that the girls were standing stark naked in front of Keitaro, with no sign of impending violence. That could be considered an improvement, I guess, but I don't know how happy I am about what it means for me, the woman thought. Each girl was welcoming him back warmly, though their gaze remained fixed far below his face. Tracking their gaze, she saw why: Keitaro's dick had snapped to life, swollen to full growth and pointing directly at the assembled girls. Snickering to herself, she quickly studied the faces and body-language of the girls.
 
With their attention on Keitaro, Haruka was able to assess them all, and what she saw was a group of women who liked what they were looking at, but more than that, a group of women who were a little different than they had been before the two left for the dig. Well, I guess they decided who gets him, thought Haruka, a touch of resentment tingeing the thought. Suddenly feeling tired, she clapped her hands, gaining their attention. “Ok, girls,” Haruka said, “Keitaro and I are tired from traveling, and want a soak in the spring. You can join us if you want, but we are not going to be talking about anything serious until tomorrow,” she warned them.
 
“Will you tell us how the trip went?” asked Shinobu eagerly, her hands repeatedly moving toward Keitaro's naked body.
 
“Yeah, sugar,” grinned Kitsune, “we want to hear how it went,” she agreed.
 
“If you want to hear about it, I suppose I could tell you,” Keitaro agreed. Haruka took his arm in her hand, and led him through the girls and to the washing stations.
 
“Please allow me to assist you,” Motoko said, kneeling behind Keitaro.
 
“And I as well,” Mutsumi giggled, kneeling next to Motoko.
 
Haruka smirked at Keitaro's look. “Haruka, would you allow me to do the same for you?” came Tsuruko's voice. Haruka blinked.
 
“If you want,” she replied, feeling her friend's hand touch her back briefly. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw that Naru was hovering to the side of Motoko and Mutsumi, looking longingly at Keitaro, but also betraying apprehensive worry. Turning her head, she saw that another girl was watching the two. Kanako Urashima was staring the two from near the springs, her face neutral, but a familiar look in her eyes.
 
-
 
“Morning, Granny,” yawned Haruka, rubbing her eyes as she sat up. The wrinkled grandmother of all the girls in the Hinata was kneeling next to the futon Haruka had slept in, a small tray with a cup of tea on it. Accepting the tea, Haruka sipped, blinking as she discovered that this was not some sort of tame tea she had tried. “What is this stuff?” she asked, grimacing a little.
 
“Just a little something I came across in my travels, Haru,” Granny smiled wickedly. “Better than coffee, without the shakes,” the old woman extolled the virtues of the tea. Haruka took another sip. Guess I've had worse, she thought, taking a third sip. Feeling more awake now, Haruka tossed back the covers and stood, draining the last of the tea in a single pull before setting the cup back on the tray her grandmother carried.
 
“Thanks, Granny,” Haruka said, stretching before reaching for a short, thin sundress.
 
“Not so fast, Haruka,” came Hina's all-business voice; along with a foot catching Haruka's ankle, causing her to tumble back into her bed. Unhurt but surprised, Haruka sent her grandmother an annoyed look.
 
“What?”
 
“Don't get sassy with me, Haru-chan, or I'll have to tan your ass,” Hina said amicably. Haruka had absolutely no doubt that her grandmother could do just that. “I wanted to speak with you privately,” Hina continued, “before you go running off to see your lover.”
 
Haruka barked a laugh. “So, you noticed,” she said, a small smile on her lips. Hina snorted delicately.
 
“You weren't very subtle about it, child,” chided the old woman. Haruka sighed, closing her eyes for a moment before opening them and fixing Hina with a steady stare.
 
“So, you know,” said the younger woman. “What now?” she asked almost defiantly.
 
“Do you have any idea what you have done, Haruka?” asked Hina. “You are related by blood,” reminded Hina.
 
“I know,” replied Haruka calmly.
 
“We may not be the Aoyamas, all obsessed over honor and standing, but do you have any idea what this sort of behavior could do to the image of our family?” wondered Hina.
 
“Yeah. And?” Haruka replied defiantly.
 
“You know that he is to be married to a girl in the Hinata, and yet you still engaged in an incestuous affair with him,” Hina bored on.
 
“I have no illusions about our relationship, Granny,” Haruka replied coldly. “And I don't care about that. As long as he is happy and safe, it's all the same to me,” she pronounced.
 
“Oh, really?” Hina sneered. “And does his bride feel the same way, I wonder?” challenged the woman. Haruka shrugged.
 
“I can't do anything about that,” the brown-haired woman replied. “I can only feel like I feel, after all,” she murmured.
 
“I do hope you understand that this stunt of yours could blow up in your face,” Hina observed. “If the Aoyama sisters learn of it, for example, it will create a great big problem for us.”
 
“Little late to worry about that, wouldn't you say?” Haruka replied blandly, a smile on her lips.
 
“I forbid you to carry on this deviant sexual escaped,” stated Hina.
 
“Sorry, Granny,” Haruka sighed. “No go.”
 
Hina studied her granddaughter. “Don't make me disown you, Haruka,” warned Hina. Haruka shrugged. Fixing her grandmother with an unbending stare, she answered the threat.
 
“Then disown me, because I am not going to hurt him by suddenly running away,” said the woman. “To be honest,” she went on, “I can get by on my own means, and I'd rather be a disowned, dishonored woman by his side than an heir to the Urashima who turned her back on him any day,” she finished almost aggressively.
 
“Haruka,” sighed Hina, “you are so stubborn…”
 
“I can have my things together in ten minutes,” said Haruka, standing once more. When Hina's foot flickered out, Haruka was ready, and easily dodge over it, snagging her dress as she did so. “I don't care about the rest, but don't try to stop me from being near him, or we will have problems, Hina,” she said, slipping the dress over her head.
 
“Why would I do that?” came the amused voice of her grandmother. Blinking, Haruka turned to see Hina grinning at her playfully.
 
“Then…?” Haruka began, growing suspicious. Hina cackled.
 
“Ah, you caught me,” she laughed, easily standing. “You can't have possibly thought that I wanted the gloomy, depressed granddaughter back, now could you?” she asked rhetorically. “You smiled more in ten minutes last night than in the last ten years, dear!”
 
“I have reason to now,” Haruka smiled widely. Hina slapped her on the back playfully.
 
“So I gathered!” teased the old woman as the two moved down to the teashop in preparation to climb to the Hinata. “I had begun to worry about you, you know,” Hina said, fondly patting Haruka's hand.
 
“Took me a while, but…” Haruka shrugged. “So, um, are you ok with it?” asked Haruka, a touch of nervousness bleeding through. Hina nodded.
 
“No business of mine,” she said. “Besides, I think that Keitaro will need that in the near future,” she grinned evilly. Her grin dimmed a little. “But I was serious about the difficulties this raises,” she warned. Haruka nodded.
 
“I have been thinking about that since the first time,” she said. “I honestly don't know what the right answer is,” admitted the woman. Hina hummed.
 
“The girls in the Hinata are not as stable as they might have been, considering,” she said, “however, they are not normal girls by any means, so maybe being in a state of confusion is for the best,” shrugged the old woman.
 
“My biggest concern is Kanako,” Haruka confided as the pair climbed the stairs.
 
“I can understand that,” nodded Granny Hina.
 
“I'm pretty sure that she suspects,” Haruka mused. Hina snorted.
 
“Unless she's suddenly been struck stupid,” dismissed the old woman. Haruka decided to ask her grandmother something she had wondered for a long time now.
 
“Granny, why did you adopt Kanako?” Haruka asked. Hina hummed noncommittally. “I know she has a lot of potential in our family art, and she is certainly above average, but why did you make her a granddaughter?”
 
“I have my reasons,” Hina said softly. “For now, Haru-chan, that will be my little secret,” she denied the answer Haruka wanted. Slipping into the Hinata, the two moved toward the landlord's room in silence. Just short of the door, the two froze. A dark form uncurled from where it had been, immobile, at the side of the door on the floor.
 
“Haruka,” came a soft, ragged voice, “you bitch!” spat the small form, unloading a massive blow. Haruka slipped back and to the side, her hands and arms turning and rising while she pushed, deflecting the enraged attack.
 
“Kanako, what…?” began Haruka, but Kanako was having none of it. Without the slightest pause, she flowed right into her next attack. Haruka once more wiggled out from under it, deflecting the blow as she moved back, away from Keitaro's door.
 
“You…!” hissed Kanako, no break in her attack, “you cheating backstabber!” snapped Kanako, a kick ripping a chunk of wood from the edge of the banister with a loud, nasty snap of wood. Haruka used her elbow to knock the door open, leaping back out of the Hinata as Kanako rushed after her, still launching attack after attack.
 
“Haru? Kanako?” came a sleepy voice. Hina turned to see Keitaro in his open door, covering his mouth as he yawned, his boxers sitting haphazardly on his hips. “What's going on?” he wondered.
 
“What's all the noise?” came the voice of Kitsune from the top of the stairs.
 
“Yeah, it sounded like…” Naru joined the conversation. From outside, the residents heard an enraged battle cry.
 
“Kana-chan,” breathed Keitaro, starting to rush out. Hina grabbed his arm.
 
“Not so fast,” she said casually, holding him in place. “This is between the two of them right now,” Hina said to the group at large. Smart move, Haruka, thought the old woman to herself, leading her away from the Hinata and toward the Annex.
 
As the sounds of combat withdrew toward the annex, Kitsune glanced at the others, seeing Shinobu and Su join them. “It may be between them, but Granny didn't say we can't watch,” she urged her companions. “After them!”
 
All the girls looked at Granny, who made no objection, so the group dashed after the two Urashima women. As they rounded the corner, Tsuruko and Motoko landed on the soft grass below the rear patio deck, swords in hand. “Hina-sama,” began Tsuruko, “what is going on? We saw Kanako and Haruka fighting…”
 
“Just some family business, Tsuruko-chan,” chortled Hina, clearly enjoying herself. She led the pack along with Keitaro.
 
“Do I need to restore order, Hina-sama?” asked the elder sister. Hina snickered.
 
“If you stuck your nose in it right now, you'd regret it, Tsuruko-chan!” laughed the woman. Looking at the two battling forms ahead of the group, Tsuruko frowned. I think she is correct, thought the Aoyama master. Those are not the moves of a sparring match, realized the woman.
 
It was rare that Aoyamas engaged in actual live combat. Partly because it was dangerous, partly because it was so damaging, but mostly because there were few even in the family that could maintain the kind of exertion that actual combat required. Before her, two Urashimas were engaged in serious combat. Is it me, or is Haruka deliberately withdrawing instead of pressing the advantage? wondered the swordswoman.
 
She had fought Haruka before, when they were both as young as Motoko was, and though it was not deadly combat, the two had been aiming to draw blood. Even then, Haruka had not shown her full power; Tsuruko herself had withheld her two strongest attacks as well. From what Motoko had told her about her run-ins with Kanako, she suspected that the younger Urashima had been withholding her true power as well.
 
Now, watching the two, she was sure that both Urashima had been holding back. “Is it me, or is Kanako really trying to hurt Haruka?” came Kitsune's voice. Tsuruko glanced at the fox girl. Haphazardly clad in a red chemise, the woman's eyes looked to be mostly closed, but Tsuruko knew better. Her eyes are sharp, indeed, she thought.
 
“But, Kanako and Haruka-san are family!” protested Shinobu, her voice a little weak. The heart of the Hinata was clutching a men's dress shirt, unbuttoned but held closed by her small fist just below her breasts.
 
“Yes, but that is part of the problem,” Hina said, caressing Shinobu's cheek comfortingly. It has been festering between them for so long now, it is high time that boil is lanced, she thought. That it came to blows is my fault. For that, my dear granddaughters, I can only ask your forgiveness, she thought.
 
Naru was watching the fight in silence, as was Motoko. As the two most commonly held to be the most dangerous girls in the Hinata, they were in awe of what they were seeing. Motoko in particular was feeling a strange tickly feeling in her stomach as she watched Kanako relentlessly push her attack on Haruka, who defended herself with cold precision, though her tactics were puzzling to Motoko.
 
To Naru's eyes, it was as if she was seeing Kanako and Haruka for the first time. She had seen Kanako fight, but it had not been like it was now. While she had always been sure that Haruka was some sort of fighter, watching her work made her feel like she had never known Haruka at all. As someone who had picked up what she knew of martial arts from watching Seta, she was acutely aware of the differences between her and the two fighting family members before her.
 
Su was smiling and cheering both the women on. Clearly, it didn't occur to her that the two were in any danger. “Su, should you be doing that?” wondered Shinobu.
 
“Doing what?” asked Kaolla, blinking innocently at Shinobu.
 
“Cheering them on,” clarified a voice from behind the group. Turning, Kitsune saw Amalla had come out to see what the commotion was about.
 
“Sure!” replied Su. “I want them both to do their best and have fun,” she explained. Shinobu sighed. She's always been this way, thought the slim girl resignedly.
 
“Oh, my!” came a familiar voice from the side of the group as they slowly walked forward, keeping their distance from the two fighting girls. “Kei-kun, you should do something about this before it gets out of hand,” she said to Keitaro, who was still in the grasp of his grandmother.
 
“I would, Mutsumi-chan, but…!” he began.
 
“Mutsumi, this is a personal matter right now,” Hina said quietly.
 
“Haru!” yelled Keitaro, seeing his cousin take a glancing blow to the jaw from his sister. Haruka shrugged it off as she kicked Kanako in the stomach, knocking the younger woman back. As Kanako caught her breath, Haruka wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.
 
“It's fine, Keitaro,” called the older woman. Kanako gave a low growl as she threw herself back at Haruka, the taller woman once more retreating toward the annex.
 
“Why are they heading for the annex?” wondered Kitsune, more to herself than to the group.
 
“Now that you mention it…” Naru frowned.
 
“You don't know?” asked a surprised Mutsumi. Tsuruko's and Motoko's heads snapped around to stare at the busty Okinawan girl, who was standing beside Keitaro in panties.
 
“What is it about the annex, Mutsumi?” asked Tsuruko. Mutsumi covered her mouth with her fingertips.
 
“I'm sorry,” she said, “I thought you knew. Forget I said anything.”
 
“Mu-chan, what is the deal with the annex?” asked Naru, looking at her childhood friend. Naru was dressed like Mutsumi, naked save for a pair of panties. The bustier girl shook her head, patting Naru's shoulder.
 
“You will find out when it is time, Na-chan,” she said quietly.
 
The group's attention was pulled back to the fight by a screaming voice. “Stop retreating and fight me, bitch!” yelled Kanako, another blurring combination pressing the older woman.
 
“You don't want me to do that, Kana-chan,” Haruka grinned. An instant later, Haruka grunted, stumbling as a kick from Kanako scored a hit on her knee. “Ugh!” grunted Haruka, half-kneeling as her knee gave.
 
Kanako didn't hesitate, delivering a full-power blow at Haruka's head. To her surprise, Haruka caught the fist, wrapping up Kanako's arm with her own as she rolled back and to the side across the dew-soaked grass, jerking Kanako off her feet as she did so. Grappling on the grass, the two were nearly instantly soaked in cold water, the faint traces of the rising sun making them gleam.
 
Moments later, the two were torn apart by double strikes, the pair coming up ready for more. Kanako sucked in a deep breath, her aura flaring briefly as she focused. Haruka steadied herself, also breathing deeply as the group caught brief flickers of her own building Ki. At some unseen signal, the two threw themselves at each other. “They're…!” hissed Tsuruko, her sword coming up as she raced forward. “Motoko! Kanako!” she snapped at her younger sister, who was charging forward, sword also raised to strike.
 
“Enough!” came an authoritarian yell, freezing all four fighters in place. Between the two Urashima women, a figure had grabbed both of them, their attacks slamming into the interloper. “Stop this fighting right now,” Keitaro ordered the two.
 
“Onii-chan,” Kanako blinked, seeing him stop her most lethal attack as if it weren't even there.
 
“Kei-kun,” Haruka breathed softly. This is a new side of him, she thought.
 
“Why are you two fighting?!” he demanded of them both. He didn't seem aware that he was bleeding from the head again.
 
“It's…” Kanako began, blushing and looking at the wet grass. Keitaro looked at her.
 
“It's what, Kanako?” he asked her.
 
“Why did you choose her, Onii-chan?!” Kanako demanded, tears in her eyes. “Of all the girls, why Haruka?” Keitaro blinked.
 
“Huh?” he wondered. “I didn't choose anyone, Kanako,” he said.
 
“Yes, you did!” cried Kanako. “If you didn't, you wouldn't have slept with her!” she sobbed. “Was I not good enough for you, Keitaro?” she begged.
 
“Kanako,” sighed Keitaro, pulling the younger girl into an embrace. As he did so, he got a strange tingling feeling in his spine. Turning to look at the girls, he shivered.
 
“You what?!” came a perfectly unified cry from the girls.