Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Legacy ❯ Chapter 26

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Keitaro blinked, finding himself staring at his ceiling. He was lying on top of his futon, his boxers his only clothes, but couldn't quite recall how he had gotten there. I heard some noise outside my room, and went out to see what was going on, he tried to remember, and Kanako was fighting with Haru. I went after them, but Granny told me not to interfere. But they looked like they were about to get serious, so I did anyway, he frowned slightly. I stopped them, but Kanako told everyone about Haru and I, and then… he blinked. “Can't be,” he muttered.
 
“What can't be?” came Haruka's voice. Turning his head, he saw his lover sitting comfortably near his bed, smiling.
 
“I had the strangest dream,” Keitaro laughed weakly. “The girls were upset, and Naru of all people calmed them down! How weird is that?” he asked, a bit forced.
 
“Not that weird, considering,” came a second voice from the other side of the bed. Turning his head the other way, he saw his `sister' sitting on the other side of his bed. “Naru has…changed while you were away,” she added.
 
“Oh,” was the best Keitaro could do. I wasn't imagining that? How weird, he boggled. “Well, it got stranger after that,” he forced himself to laugh. “I dreamed that Mutsumi said all of you were marrying me.”
 
“That wasn't a dream,” Haruka said, grinning at him.
 
“It wasn't?!” he sputtered, desperately looking to Kanako to dispute Haruka's joke. Kanako, however, nodded.
 
“You weren't dreaming,” she said quietly.
 
“I…I wasn't?” he almost cried. “They're going to kill me,” he muttered, beginning to worry.
 
“Maybe,” Haruka shrugged, “but not like you are thinking,” she added, snickering. Reaching over, she touched his cheek. “Take a deep breath and it won't seem so bad,” advised Haruka. Keitaro did as instructed, and he did feel a little better.
 
“Haru, I don't know…” he began, sitting up.
 
“Yeah, it kind of caught me off guard as well,” nodded Haruka, “but at the same time, I sort of thought something like this might happen, given the circumstances the girls involved.”
 
“It's not that,” Keitaro said quietly.
 
“Then, what?” wondered Kanako, curious. Keitaro sighed softly.
 
“I think the girls are just caught up in the moment,” he worried. “I've seen this before. In the excitement of the moment, they all go for it, but after they calm back down, things are different,” he explained. “But, if they do that this time, there won't be a way back; for any of us,” he explained quietly.
 
“You think they are letting their emotions carry them along?” Haruka pressed. Keitaro half-shrugged.
 
“Sort of, I guess,” he allowed.
 
“Do you remember what you and I were talking about as we came back from Pararakelse Island? About what was waiting for us here?” asked Haruka, taking his hand in her own. Keitaro nodded. “Then why do you think the girls aren't aware of what is at stake here?” reasoned Haruka.
 
“Because I have seen this sort of thing before,” he replied. “It's like this,” he went on, pulling Haruka into a hug. Turning to look at Kanako, he saw her eyes burning with anger. “See? Kanako is already ready to orbit me; and I haven't even done anything yet,” he said quietly.
 
“Kanako,” Haruka said, looking at the girl, “are you planning to hit Keitaro?” she asked her.
 
“No,” said Kanako. “But if you don't get off him so I can get a hug, I might hit you,” she said tightly. Haruka snorted delicately, easing back. Kanako slipped right in, hugging Keitaro tightly. The young man blinked at this strange display of restraint from the younger Urashima woman.
 
“Kanako?” he wondered.
 
“We…talked,” Haruka said casually. “While your brain was out to lunch, Kanako and I discussed some things; that's all,” the older Urashima woman explained mysteriously.
 
“The others!” gasped Keitaro, suddenly remembering that he had a house full of beauties doubtlessly lying in wait to barge in and jump to the wrong conclusion about Kanako being in his arms in little more than her panties.
 
“Don't worry about them,” Haruka replied soothingly. “Shinobu, Su, Naru and Mutsumi went to school, Kitsune is at the teahouse with Granny, and the Aoyama sisters are doing a demonstration of their arts for the Molmolian group,” she explained. “Right now, we are alone,” smiled Haruka.
 
“Thank god,” Keitaro sighed in relief. Kanako hugged him a little tighter. Absently, Keitaro returned the hug, finding that Kanako was comfortable to hold. “Kanako, what did Mutsumi mean, exactly?” he asked his sister. Kanako debated what to say for a few moments.
 
“We…” she paused, re-considering her words, “that is, those of us with a stake in this were forced to compromise, since none of us were backing off. And some of us,” she once more paused, a small frown flittering across her lips, “have changed because of this.”
 
“Naru?” guessed Keitaro. Kanako nodded.
 
“Most noticeably, but others as well,” Kanako dismissed the topic. “You, On…Keitaro, are highly sought after,” she smiled a strange smile. “You are also in a strange situation. Mutsumi and the Aoyama sisters have a claim on you from long ago, while others have a more recent claim. None of us were standing aside this time, so we were forced to do some horse trading.”
 
“Granny Hina,” Keitaro nodded sagely.
 
“Shinobu, actually,” Kanako smiled strangely. Keitaro blinked.
 
“Shinobu-chan?”
 
“I had always considered her my greatest rival for you,” Kanako said, glancing at Haruka, “though it seems I picked the wrong person in that,” she sniped. Haruka snorted softly, rolling her eyes. “She is far more dangerous than the others. Every last one of us underestimated her,” Kanako revealed.
 
“Shinobu-chan?” parroted Keitaro stupidly.
 
“Yes, your sweet Shinobu-chan proved to be quite the bully,” Haruka grinned.
 
“She had help,” Kanako sighed. I can't believe I was out-flanked like that, she recalled sourly.
 
“But, what did Mutsumi-chan mean you were all getting me?” Keitaro asked.
 
“Exactly what she said,” Kanako said.
 
“But, I can't marry all of them!” protested Keitaro. Kanako gave a bark of laughter.
 
“You think so? You'd be surprised, Keitaro,” she snorted. “Though, there are some small decisions to be made,” recalled the girl.
 
“How…?” Keitaro sputtered.
 
“Let's just say, it will be a multi-denominational wedding between you and the girls,” Haruka said judiciously. Keitaro gave her a blank look.
 
“Ok,” Haruka relented. “It's like this, Kei,” the older Urashima began to explain to him what was going to happen to him. Two minutes later, Keitaro was staring at her, mouth open, once more shocked.
 
“He's taking it pretty well,” Kanako said casually to her relative. Under her rear, she felt just how well he was taking it. “I think he even likes it,” purred the girl, licking her lips.
 
“What's not to like?” shrugged Haruka. A small part of her wanted to grab Keitaro and disappear with him, the better to keep him all to herself. Another small part wanted to take Keitaro then and there on his futon, Kanako be damned. Though, she thought, if Kanako wanted to take a turn, I'd be ok with it; so long as I got the first load, that is! Mostly, she was just wondering if the plan the girls had settled on could actually work or not. So much emotion. So much history. So much unknown, she thought.
 
“Haru, Kanako,” Keitaro's voice interrupted the two. Haruka blinked, catching a glance from Kanako, “I need to speak with the girls; all of them,” he said. He sounds serious, Haruka thought.
 
“Cold feet?” asked Haruka. Keitaro shook his head.
 
“I just have some things I need to talk with them about; and some concerns to address,” he replied. “I want to talk with them tonight after everyone is back, if possible,” he said, sounding uncharacteristically in charge and collected. Haruka nodded.
 
“We can do that, right, Kanako?” she said, briefly locking gazes with the younger girl. Kanako nodded.
 
“Good,” Keitaro said, nodding to himself. “I have some things to take care of right now, so if you'll excuse me,” he said, Kanako reluctantly climbing off his lap. “You two could use a bath,” he added, eyeing their nearly-naked bodies.
 
“We'll take one together, then,” Kanako said, her eyes once more touching Haruka. The older woman nodded. Keitaro didn't bother trying to argue with them, being busy with other things. Together, the three went the hot spring.
 
They had been in the spring for barely ten minutes when the Aoyama sisters and Amalla showed up, joining them after a rinse. Haruka and Kanako greeted the two warriors and the older Molmolian princess. Keitaro nodded to them. Without any sign of concern, Motoko and Tsuruko stepped into the spring naked, settling close to the others. Amalla, never one to be shy, lay back not far from Haruka.
 
“Keitaro, are you feeling better?” asked Motoko carefully.
 
“Yes, I think I am,” he said, offering her a small smile. “I do need to talk to you girls tonight, though,” he added. “All of you,” he clarified.
 
“Have you chosen, then?” asked Tsuruko, carefully hiding the apprehension and excitement in her voice.
 
“No,” Keitaro replied firmly, “and I won't until I talk with you all, so let's not talk about that right now,” he asked. “I heard you two were giving a demonstration of Shinmei-ryu arts to the Molmolians,” he changed the topic.
 
Accepting his decision, Tsuruko followed his lead. “Yes,” she said. “They are talking about it amongst themselves right now, in fact,” she added.
 
“I have to say, I never really believed most of what Kaolla said about your skills,” Amalla joined in. “Such a gift is something we are not familiar with,” added the crown princess.
 
“And you have yet to see the arts of the Urashima,” Motoko said, giving Kanako a look.
 
“Our style is not as…showy as your style,” Kanako replied.
 
“Being developed to counter our style,” Tsuruko stepped in, smiling. Kanako nodded.
 
“And it has proven to be very effective, as well,” Kanako fired back smoothly.
 
“Enough fighting, you two,” sighed Keitaro.
 
“Tell me,” Amalla said, eyeing the two factions of fighters, “why doesn't Keitaro use the Urashima style?”
 
“He can't,” Haruka said softly.
 
“Why not?”
 
“Because he can't,” Kanako said, her tone a clear warning that the topic was dismissed.
 
“Interesting,” murmured Amalla.
 
“I was always clumsy,” Keitaro explained, self-deprecatingly. “Martial arts just never worked for me; any of them,” he added. “Until recently, I never knew our family had a style.”
 
“But you seem to be pretty lucky,” Amalla said carelessly. “I have seen you sent flying by powerful attacks, but you hardly ever get hurt.”
 
“Always been that way,” shrugged Keitaro negligently. “Until the bell incident, I never broke a bone. I got hit by cars and trucks when I was younger, but other than some scrapes and scratches, I was always all right. How strange is that?”
 
“Pretty strange,” Amalla said, nodding her head. Yeah, strange enough to be interesting, she left unsaid. “Kanako, you are adopted, aren't you?” she asked.
 
“What of it?” shot back the girl, an aggressive, dangerous edge hidden in her tone.
 
“And yet, you are able to use the Urashima style at a level approaching Haruka, who is a blood descendant of the family. How did that happen?”
 
“Granny Hina has a sharp eye and good instincts,” Haruka cut in smoothly. “As for the rest, you'll have to ask Hina,” she closed out that topic. Amalla shrugged, making her not-inconsiderable cleavage bob in the water.
 
“Maybe I will,” she said carelessly. Not that I think that Hina is all that likely to be truthful about it, the platinum-haired princess thought to herself. Thinking about what the officials from her homeland were discussing, she found herself considering an interesting possibility. I don't see how Kaolla could be that perceptive, but then, she is a genius, Amalla thought, pursing her lips.
 
“Your family style can be taught to, and used by, outsiders, can it not?” Amalla asked the Aoyama sisters.
 
“Yes, though those that master our arts but are not of our family cannot use the full range of our style; just the basics and some intermediary skills,” Tsuruko answered.
 
“And didn't you two say that you are pure-blood descendants of the original Aoyama line?” Amalla went on.
 
“We are,” Motoko answered, somewhat proudly. “Only Onee-chan and I are direct descendants. All the others are from outside marriages and of mixed heritage.”
 
“Why the curiosity, Amalla?” wondered Tsuruko. She is clearly thinking of something, and I would like to know what the other Molmolians were talking about, she mused. The group had started to talk amongst themselves in their native tongue shortly after the demonstration ended, so she had no idea what they were saying, but her reading of their body language and general auras indicated that they were excited and likely discussing some plan among themselves.
 
“I was just thinking about what will happen after the marriage,” Amalla said innocently. “Won't whichever of you is chosen become a member of the Urashima family, renouncing her Aoyama name and heritage? And won't the children be of the Urashima clan? Won't that kill off the Aoyama?” Motoko blinked, glancing at her older sister.
 
“Perhaps,” Tsuruko said easily. “But even that would be an acceptable price to restore our honor and end the feud with the Urashima,” she said firmly. “As samurai, our honor is of greater importance than all else.”
 
“Keitaro?” Haruka asked, seeing a frown on Keitaro's face. “Everything ok?”
 
“Uh, just remembered I have to talk with Granny for a minute,” he said, rising and moving out of the spring, unaware of the eyes of the girls thoroughly molesting his naked body as he dried off. “And where is the list of repairs and chores that need to be done?” he asked Motoko.
 
“There isn't one,” replied Motoko, blushing a little, but still staring at his half-mast dick, a vaguely hungry look in her eyes.
 
“We have all been sharing the workload while you were away,” Tsuruko said.
 
“Oh. Ok,” Keitaro said, stepping into the changing room. “See you all later,” he called back. Behind him, several women were thinking of later, as well.
 
-
 
“Granny Hina?” called out Keitaro as he entered the tea shop. Looking around, he saw a couple of the old timers from the small town sitting at a small table, tea at their elbows, a game of shogi before them, the two silently studying the board and pieces, while a third offered unsolicited advice of dubious value to both players. Farther back, he spotted Kitsune and Granny Hina, sitting at a small table closest to the register.
 
“Well, this seems like a good time for you to go run that errand, Kitsune-chan,” Granny smiled at the fox of the Hinata. Kitsune drained her small cup of sake and stood.
 
“Yes, I think it is,” she agreed, snagging a small purse from behind the register. “Be back a little later, sugar,” she said to Keitaro as she passed, smiling at him. Keitaro opened his mouth to answer her, but Kitsune lunged in, kissing him unexpectedly, her tongue slipping into his mouth. Before he could react, she broke the kiss and moved past him, leering. “We can pick up where we left off later,” breathed the woman, playfully groping his ass as she passed.
 
“K…Kitsune!” he sputtered, but she was already out the door. Turning back to his grandmother, he saw her grinning at him over her tea cup. “It's not what you think!” he assured her. Granny Hina just snickered.
 
“Pity, then,” she said, setting her tea cup back down. “So, feeling better after hearing who you are going to marry?” snickered the old head of the family.
 
“About that, Granny,” Keitaro began, slipping into the seat Kitsune had occupied moments before.
 
“No, Keitaro,” Granny Hina said firmly, pre-empting him, “I won't interfere. This is a matter that must be settled between you and them. Besides,” she added, “it was your call to leave it in their hands, was it not?”
 
“It isn't that,” Keitaro replied.
 
“Oh? What, then?” asked the eldest Urashima.
 
“It's about the Aoyamas,” he said quietly, his face serious. Hina waited, her attention on him. “If I…I mean, wouldn't joining our houses mean that the Aoyama won't survive? The curse has already nearly killed them, and…”
 
“Why are you thinking of this now?” wondered Hina. Keitaro blushed a little.
 
“I just don't want to do that them,” he admitted. “So much of Motoko-chan's life has been built around being an Aoyama and her Shinmei-ryu heritage, it would be mean of me to take that away from her,” he tried to explain. Hina hummed.
 
“Well, it is true that in order to fulfill the mandate, you must take for a wife one of the two in a traditional marriage. Part of that means that whichever sister you choose will no longer be of the Aoyama clan, but will become one of us,” Hina began.
 
“Exactly!” Keitaro was relieved she understood. “It would leave the Aoyama with only one pure blood sister to carry on the line, wouldn't it?”
 
“Doesn't really matter, Keitaro,” Hina pushed forward. “The curse the Turtle Clan placed on them means that the odds of whichever sister you do not wed conceiving is practically nil,” she explained. Keitaro blinked.
 
“Even Motoko?” he wondered. “I know that Tsuruko didn't have any children with her former husband, but…”
 
“Oh, so you heard that part, did you?” Hina snickered. “What makes you think it was limited to Tsuruko? Just because Motoko hasn't lost her virginity yet doesn't mean she is any more likely to have children than Tsuruko is.”
 
“Really?” wondered Keitaro, digesting the information. “But, then,”
 
“Yes,” Hina nodded. “If nothing is done, this generation - the next at the absolute longest! - will be the last of the pure-blood Aoyama. And when the last of the Aoyama has passed, the highest arts of the Shinmei-ryu school will die with them,” she finished firmly.
 
“But, maybe the other one will have kids!” Keitaro blurted out. Hina shrugged.
 
“Perhaps, but the odds are not good,” she replied. “It's the curse, as well as a small bit of complications resulting from their advanced Ki manipulation. No normal man will likely be able to impregnate either of them.”
 
“Wait! If one of them marries me…!” Keitaro grasped at straws.
 
“Oh, I think the odds are pretty good that you could impregnate them,” Hina blandly returned, “but the children would be of the Urashima family, not the Aoyama,” pointed out Hina. Keitaro blinked, his shoulders slumping a little.
 
“You're right,” he sighed, sounding defeated. Hina patted his hand.
 
“It is of their own doing, you know,” she commiserated. “But, let's not dwell on that, hmm?” the old woman steered the conversation off the issue of lineage. “So, I take it you want an Aoyama for your domestic wife?” she teased him.
 
“Wha…oh, um, I guess,” he replied. “You did say it had to be one of them to satisfy the decree, right?” he offered. Hina hummed.
 
“Perhaps,” shrugged the old woman. “There are many things that are factors in this,” began the old woman.
 
“What factors?” wondered Keitaro. Hina flicked a finger at him, rising and fixing some tea for them. Setting a fresh cup before him, she splashed a little of the sake Kitsune had been drinking into his tea, and a little into her own as well.
 
“Most importantly, the other girls,” Hina resumed her talk. “What do you feel for them, Keitaro?” she asked him. “Has your love for Naru worn thin due to her previous behavior? And what about Shinobu, the most capable of the girls in the skills a good wife should possess? To say nothing of the marriage contract that Kaolla-chan roped you into nor of the affection Mutsumi bears you. We honestly thought that you would wed Mutsumi, you know,” Hina pushed firmly, yet carefully.
 
Keitaro sighed. “I already told Haru I needed to speak with all the girls tonight,” he said. Hina nodded.
 
“Well, that's a step, anyway,” she said. “So, what are you going to tell them? Give your Granny Hina a hint, hmm?” she teased him.
 
“I honestly don't know,” he admitted, sipping his tea. “I want to talk with Haru a little before then, but right now…” he shrugged.
 
“You have already come to rely on Haru, then? Can't say that I don't think that is a good thing, though it might cause trouble with Kanako,” Hina warned. Keitaro winced a little.
 
“Um, about Haru and I,” he began uncomfortably. Hina clucked her tongue.
 
“None of my business, Keitaro,” she shook her head. “Are you happy with how things are between you?” asked the old woman directly. Keitaro nodded, feeling a silly little smile come over his face.
 
“I'm happy,” he agreed with as much restraint as he could manage. Hina cackled.
 
“Well, I haven't seen Haru-chan so pleased and happy in decades,” she crowed. “I had begun to think she would rot here in her self-imposed isolation. Thank god she came to her senses,” the old woman said dryly, downing her tea.
 
“So, um…” Keitaro wondered how to say what he wanted to ask.
 
“Yes, Keitaro, I am happy for both of you, and you have the blessings of the family,” Hina anticipated him easily. “Though you understand that this will not be an easy relationship for you, right?”
 
“Oh, we knew that already,” he replied absently, thinking about some of the talks they had shared on the island and on the trip home.
 
“If you don't mind a word of advice from an old woman,” Hina said quietly, touching his hand fondly, “it will be easier for everyone if you treat them all the same, but not identically. Understand?” she offered. Keitaro frowned.
 
“No, not really,” he admitted. Hina hummed.
 
“Well, you will in time, I suppose. Had I understood some things when I was your age…” she trailed off, shaking her head. “Getting old teaches you a lot, but only you can use any of what you learn,” the head of the Urashimas said ruefully. “I should retire already,” she mumbled.
 
“Retire?! What? But, we need you…!” Keitaro sputtered. Hina snickered.
 
“Relax,” she said, flipping a hand at his panic. “I'm not going anywhere until this matter is solved,” assured the old woman, “but once that is done, and you are settled with your family, I think it will be time to hand over the family to the newer generation,” she mused, looking out the window. “I could use a vacation from being the head of the family; maybe go visit some old friends,” she thought out loud.
 
“But, I'm not ready…” Keitaro began to protest. Hina laughed, sounding a lot younger than her years.
 
“It's not you I will be handing over the duties to, Keitaro,” she said. Her eyes cooled just a little. “Nor will it be your mother, either,” she said. “Were Yoko still alive, it would fall to her, but since she has passed into the next world, it is Haruka and Kanako who will assume the duties I will leave behind.”
 
“Haruka will make a good head of the family,” Keitaro nodded.
 
“Not really,” Hina disagreed. “That's why I am not giving her sole authority in the matters of our clan, but making her and Kanako equal as dual heads of the family.” Keitaro frowned.
 
“What's wrong with Haru being the head of the family? She's the oldest of grandchildren, and you all but raised her. Why not let her assume the role as head of the household?” Keitaro almost sounded like he was insulted by what Hina had said.
 
“Because Haruka-chan has two key blind spots,” Hina replied bluntly. “As an Urashima, it wasn't important that she didn't grasp certain things, but as the head of our clan - not to mention being new to the position so shortly after such an important event will have happened - those faults could prove disastrous to us and the Aoyama as well. Better for all that she and Kanako share the duties, since Kanako is strong where Haruka is weak,” Hina nodded to herself. “Besides,” she added, “both will have other things distracting them, so having each other to share the load will help them in the long run,” she baited her grandson.
 
“What do you mean by that?” Keitaro wondered. Hina shook her head.
 
“Oh, that will be a nice surprise for you,” she cackled eagerly. “Matter of fact, it will be a surprise for all of you,” the old woman enjoyed her secret. Keitaro wondered what she was so amused at.
 
“Um, what were you and Kitsune talking about?” he wondered.
 
“Just a little girl talk,” Hina waved it off. “And a little business as well,” she added. “Did you know that Kitsune has no immediate family left?” asked the old woman. Keitaro frowned.
 
“I sort of thought she might be disowned or something, since…well, she's like she is,” he replied slowly. “She never really calls anyone, or sends or gets letters, and Naru once said that she didn't ever say anything about her family before, so I kind of thought…” he shrugged.
 
“Her parents and immediate family have mostly died off or disappeared for one reason or another. She mostly raised herself from middle school on up,” Hina said. “Until Naru entered the picture in junior high, she was pretty much a loner.” Keitaro frowned.
 
“So, that's why…” he muttered. Hina nodded.
 
“Tell me, Keitaro,” she spoke casually, “have you considered what you might do with the Hinata? Even though you will not be the head of the Urashima, you will be the owner of our ancestral home and lands,” explained Hina. “So, what do you plan to do about it?” she wondered. Keitaro blinked.
 
“Do about it?” he echoed his grandmother. “You mean like…leave it a dorm?” Hina shrugged.
 
“You can't sell it, but the rest is up to you, you know,” she elaborated on her point. “Back when you first met Haru and Naru, it was an inn. Before that, it was a home for our family. At one point, it was a secret retreat for the Emperor and his closest friends and family. Other times, it was a business hall. When I was a young girl barely Sarah's age, the house and our grounds were used as a stage for performances of the local actors' guild, performing traditional theater as well as works from abroad. Grandmother used to tell me of the times when gaijins would come to the house to trade and to learn how to be polite before being allowed to set up their own shops in town. Great grandmother said that once, the samurai would come here for secret meetings during the Meiji period.”
 
“Amazing,” Keitaro breathed. Hina shrugged.
 
“Just history, Keitaro,” she disagreed. “And what legacy will you leave for your descendants?”
 
“I…hadn't really thought about it,” admitted the young man, embarrassed. Hina shrugged.
 
“Few your age do,” she shrugged it off. “I should tell you that the old place needs significant repair and re-modeling,” cautioned the head of the family. “Life has not been kind to the old home in the last few years,” she grinned at him.
 
Thinking of the times he had been knocked through walls, floors, ceilings and assorted parts of the building, as well as the damage from Su's mechanical nightmares, he had to agree that life had been just as hard for the Hinata House as it had been for him. “Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does,” he agreed. How am I supposed to pay for the kind of repairs that place needs? he wondered.
 
“Well, the family finances will be under control of Haru and Kanako, but I don't think that they will have any issues with spending on repair, upkeep and enhancement to the family home,” said Hina slyly. “Haru has mentioned more than once that she wants to fix and finish the Annex, and I think that is a good idea.”
 
“The annex?” mused Keitaro. “You never did tell me what the deal was with that,” he recalled.
 
“I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise,” Hina replied smoothly, her smile positively wicked.