Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hina: Unsaid Emotions ❯ Chapter 9 – A Hand of Hope ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Enjoy the conclusion of my fanfic
 
^_^
 
 
 
Chapter 9 - A Hand of Hope
 
 
It was raining when Keitaro left. They all stood at his grave and offered him flowers. They left back to the inn one by one. Mitsune asked Naru to join her on the way back. Naru refused. She was left alone with her beloved. She cried on his grave saying things that she was unable to say to him why he was still with her. Soaked with the hard rain, she knelt and hugged the cross on Keitaro's grave and she kept crying. The rain stopped pouring and the warmth of the sun embraced Keitaro's tomb. A butterfly passed Narusegawa by. Instinct lead Narusegawa to held her head high and from afar, she saw Keitaro, smiling at her and seems to be giving her a handkerchief. The rubbed tears from her eyes and looked at Keitaro's direction again only to see that he vanished.
 
 
She treaded Urashima's room carefully. As if walking down back memory lane. She noticed a book on the desk. `Differential Calculus' she smiled. Keitaro would always beg her to help him in that subject. And she, would often reply dryly to him, ignoring his pitiful begging (and bugging) but in the end, she would always help him. Teach him. So that he could finally pass the Tokyo U entrance exams `til one day, after a million tries, he finally entered his dream college.
 
She laid the book back and continued treading Keitaro's room. She stumbled upon Keitaro's pillow. She remembered him always lying his head face down after he got a fierce beating from motoko or receiving a solid blow from her. She smiled, teary eyed as her thoughts about him continued. It has been quite some time after he left the Hina inn… after he left its residents… and most importantly, after he left her…
 
Then she stumbled upon The case of Keitaro's glasses. She opened it and was surprised at what it contained. Inside was Keitaro's glasses and a handkerchief… the same handkerchief Keitaro used to wipe her tears during their date… the same handkerchief that Keitaro offered her during his apparition on his tomb 5 years ago.
 
She took the handkerchief and felt something inside its folds. She opened it. It was a letter. It read:
 
Dear Naru,
 
Maybe I'm gone by the time you read this. I wrote this letter on the night of our date, before we left. I placed this letter inside my favorite handkerchief which I asked aunt Haruka to bring.
 
My Naru, don't be sad. Everytime you miss me, just look up at the heavens. As long as you feel the warmth of the sun, you feel my embrace. As long as you see the multitudes of the stars, you see me guiding you.. and everytime you face the fullness of the moon, imagine my hand reaching to you, giving you Hope.
 
Love,
 
Keitaro Urashima
 
 
Naru went outside the inn, clutching Keitaro's memento for her. She noticed the glowing sun. She shielded her eyes as the looked to the sun and there, she saw an image of Keitaro with open arms as if he is going to give her a warm hug.
 
-End-
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Well. That was it. Hope you liked my fic. Please rate it and put in some comments. I would like to thank those who already put some of their comments as I was completing the story. It might take awhile before I create another one though. Don't expect it to be another love hina (I'll think about that).
 
^_^
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------