Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ MOVING FORWARD ❯ CHAPTER IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

DICLAIMER: The same as in previous Chapters. I only own my ideas and plot. This is a Fanfiction. An Alternate Universe story based mainly on Love Hina characters, which are not my property in any way.

Moving Forward
By VoidHawk

Chapter IV
Present
At the Dojo facilities, a concerned young blonde British lady jerks her head upright, her long inhuman canines glinting, and her face full of concern.
My Master instructed me on how to perceive this kind of feelings. Someone out there is in pain and anguish. And in true danger! I can perceive there is another one out there able to feel this pain as well. And it will surely lock on this poor soul out there! A so alluring pray would never go unnoticed!
The young one runs to her room communicator, trying to reach her hosts, to alert them, and lend her services to help saving a human life, if possible at all!
Ceres Victoria may not be human anymore, but she will not allow a human suffer without deserving it.
And this soul she is feeling right now is not one that spreads pain and therefore deserving retribution.
This person she is feeling right now is rather one in the receiving end of too much suffering already.

7 Days in the Past
The View, 10:00pm
Tsuruko hovers over her young dancing partner, really interested on the drawings she can see right now.
Humm, am I in such a good shape? I'm definitely flattered, young man! She thinks while grinning widely, her hair cascading over Keitaro's head.
But of course, Urashima Keitaro cannot see the woman's face or really know how she was reacting, and he enters in overdrive, readying himself for a sure beating.
He is already conditioned, after living with his sweet tenants for over a year now.
He glazes his eyes staring at the table, sweating.
Tsuruko slowly stands up, feeling a sudden change on the man's Ki. She found him easily, as he was like a beacon to her now. Especially while he was concentrating on his drawings.
He was a beacon of energy and vitality.
And there was something with his Ki that brought warmth and relief. It felt good!
But suddenly, his Ki turns into a tight bundle around him. Suppressed. Like trying to enfold him, as to protect the young man from his surroundings. It was almost nonexistent now.
Strange! She thought while looking at Keitaro.
Seeing his hands free, Keitaro lowers his head to the table covering himself, mumbling slowly: “Sorry, really sorry. Believe-me, I'm not a pervert! I was just making some memories to myself. Please don't take me wrong, don't hit me please!”
He rants in a low voice, expecting a kick, a slap or something to fall upon him. He was not expecting to be heard at all. His conditioning was sadly effective by now. The emotional and physical scars he bore were proof enough of that.
Tsuruko seats at the table by his side, and pokes his head lightly.
“Come now, Artist-san. Granted I may be annoyed by your sudden disappearance, but I would never commit aggression without a real reason. Especially against a so gifted artist and dance-partner!” Tsuruko smiles broadly to Kei, who raises his head to see her bright smile.
Wow! I really thought I had it! Not thinking clearly yet, already used to constant and immediate aggression, Keitaro looks back to the woman talking to him.
“Now, I was looking for you! Why have you run so fast back there? Have I displeased you in any way?” Tsuruko tilts her head, looking at Keitaro, a questioning face directed to the young man.
“N-No…N-Not at all!” stammers Keitaro, hands in front of him, weaving. “It's not that…I, hum, well, I really had to do something fast…Sorry.” Says Keitaro, looking flustered to a bemused Tsuruko.
“Well…I can see you were busy since you left us. And I am really flattered. I do like Vandread, and this rendition of me as Meia is quite remarkable. Though I am not sure if I'm that well proportioned, fufufu.” Giggles her, making Keitaro redden a bit.
Keitaro, still a bit shaken, and yet confused a bit, looks at her, adjusting his glasses. She LIKES Vandread! This woman watches anime! Wow!
Remembering good manners, he stammers:
“M-my name is … mhmm?” Tsuruko quickly laid her index finger on his lips, quieting the young man.
“Shhhhh… See, I have a particular opinion about introductions. People tend to be clouded by name and tradition, especially in our culture. I personally think that this is wrong! If I know someone, I want to know that someone by what he or she is, and not by what his/her family is or does. Of course I respect tradition, culture and education, but first and foremost, I wanna know the person bearing this or that name.” She smiles warmly to Keitaro, who is really out of his waters here.
So feminine. Soft and cult. So unlike the ones I am used to have around… He thinks, still a bit shaken.
Tsuruko continues. “ So lets start like this: You give your first name and I will give you mine. I really would like to know you a bit more…cute Artist-san” Says Tsuruko, leaning a bit over Keitaro. He becomes tomato red.
“O-ok! M-my name is Keitaro.” Says Keitaro, bowing his head.
“Oh, now I know my partner's name!” says Tsuruko, clapping her hands. “Kei-kun!”
“My turn now. My name is Tsuruko, but please call me Tsu-chan, ok!” Bowing her head slightly.
She then put her head up, eyes directed at Keitaro, glinting.
“Now, let's drop the formalities here. Do tell me, do you like animes? I love them! Vandread is one of my favorite ones, and I really have to say, your drawing is so kawaii! May I ask you to draw one for me?” She says, with pleading eyes.
Keitaro is a bit overwhelmed by the beautiful young woman in front of him. He was really entranced by her, her voice, her perfume, her hair. Is she really asking me to make a drawing for her? He seemed like dreaming, and he was really starting to like it.
“Yeah, I love animes! But I had not had much time to watch any recently.” he says, a bit gloomily. “And I am not that good a drawer either. Just can't grasp a face like yours quite well! Too much for my abilities.” He says, smiling at Tsuruko.
“Oh my! You are a gentleman, as well as an artist, Kei-kun!” Tsuruko smiles, with her right hand covering her mouth.
“No, no! I'm just stating a fact!” Looking at the table, scratching his head.
“Nonetheless, I do have a favor to ask you. Please make a drawing like this one for me. But with one difference though. Put yourself in there as well, ok?” Again with pleading eyes!
“Ah? Well. Ok. Just please do not expect much.” He says scratching his had.
But Keitaro is rapidly gaining his easy way with pen and paper again. And to draw this woman here would be a challenge and a pleasure for him right now. And as he starts to feel more at ease, he finds himself quite enjoying the presence of Tsuruko.
“You do not seem like someone who watches anime.” Says Keitaro looking at Tsuruko quizzically.
“And there is a specific look for someone to bear? I started watching them with my late husband, and got addicted very soon, though my own duties prevent me to watch as much as I would like. And I find it very nice that you like animes as well.”
She was married once! She is a real woman, experienced and with a history behind her! Thinks Keitaro.
“I do love watching and reading as well so I collect mangas too. I hope to catch up upon those now that I am trying to retake my own self.” Keitaro says without thinking much, and rapidly regrets it. What will she think about me if I start complaining about my past…Baka!” Thinks Keitaro, on defense mode again.
Curious…His Ki is wavering. It goes spreading out, then compacts itself again fast. But he is also strong. He would benefit much by training at ShinMei Ryu…” Muses Tsuruko, concerned over the young man. And he is so nice to be around. What troubles you my shy friend. What is it really with you, with this curious Ki reaction of yours? Thinks her, frowning a bit.
“Anything wrong?” Asks Keitaro, looking at her and noticing her concerned face.
“No, nothing at all!” Quickly answers Tsuruko. “I was just thinking. What a nice man like you is doing here alone. If I may ask, of course. I do not want to be rude.”
“You, rude? Not even if you tried to!” Looking serious.
And he carries on. “I am traveling a bit. I just failed my entrance exam on Toudai, and I needed some time off…and I don't have anyone waiting for me, so I am by myself, as always.” Says Keitaro with a serious face, gloom all over him again.
“Toudai? How old are you?” Asks Tsuruko, frowning a bit.
“I'm 20 years old. As you see I failed Toudai before. I think I'm not university material anyway…” Keitaro makes a sad face at this, fingering his drawings over the table.
Oh…20! I'm glad! Not that much younger… Uh? What am I thinking here? Nonetheless I do feel relieved! Thinks Tsuruko, sweat dropping.
Noticing her newfound friend sad, she says in a soothing voice, weaving her left hand: “C'mon Kei-kun. That means nothing at all. I myself have never gone to the University, although my sister has. And that does not make me less than anyone. I may be a simple woman without higher formal education, but I am proud of who I am!”
“So, do not deem yourself less for not entering Toudai. I can see you are gifted with other qualities and talents. And you are a very nice person to be around as well!” Says Tsuruko, smiling straight at him.
Keitaro reddens immediately, and Tsuruko is victorious in her intent, as his mood lifted immediately.
The girls, save Shinobu, were always demanding something from me. And yes, at the beginning, they only wanted me there due to their wrong assumption that I was a Toudai-sei.They demanded me to study, to finish my chores at the Dorm, or even requesting money. They were always demanding something from me. But this woman has just met me, and she is so tender. She seems so understanding too. She is not demanding anything or pre-judging me, but instead she wants to know who I am, and not what I am. Is it because she is a more mature woman? However, she is not that old! Well, actually, how old is she anyway?
“Uhm, well, I'm curious…Please do not think I'm rude, but how old are you?” Curiosity winning over the young man.
“Me? I am 25. But I know, I do seem to be around 20…fu fu fu.” Giggles Tsuruko, sly eyes upon Keitaro.
“I hope you appreciate more mature women, yes?” Her two hands now over the table leaning over Keitaro, looking straight into his eyes. Eyes turning into thin slits.
25! She is not that older than me! But what am I thinking here?
Keitaro moves his hands over his head, reddening and wide-eyed.
Tsuruko sees that. “Hey, what is happening? I hope that means you DO LIKE mature women!” Says Tsuruko, tilting her head and pouting.
“Uh! What? Hey, you are not even that older than me! Soon I will be 21! And your age would mean nothing, being the woman you are showing yourself to be!” Says Keitaro fast, not really thinking, just saying what was on his mind, hands weaving in front of him frantically.
At this Tsuruko smiles with her hand over her mouth, pleased. Again so gallant, and yet so shy. I am starting to like you, Kei-kun! A lot!
“Well, would you mind if I call my family here? My sister and her husband were curious to meet you as well. They really liked your participation on our dancing back there! And as we planned to go out together tonight, I think they will be rather upset if we spend the night by ourselves here.” Says Tsuruko, while standing up. Not that I would mind, though… Thinks Tsuruko to herself, smiling.
“By all means. Call them forth.” Tells Keitaro smiling shyly. Wow! I was a bit gloomy this morning…but who would say I would end up sharing a table with new found friends on a place like this? And with a Top-model on top of that? Thanks Sachiko-chan! Our meeting was not a bad omen after all! Thinks Keitaro, feeling really happy after what it seemed a long, long time, while watching her standing up.
“And do not vanish again, or this time I will get really upset!” Warns Tsuruko, squinting her eyes, both hands on her hips, leaning over Keitaro, her thick hair framing her face, leveling herself to look straight into Keitaro´s eyes.
“Uh? Promise! I will be here.” Says Keitaro, scratching his head. “I do not want to upset you…I somewhat feel it would not be a wise movement.”
Tsuruko nods her head in agreement, and then heads back to call Yumiko and Antonio. She feels good.
When I picked you to dance, I was drawn by your Ki for sure, and it felt so good back there! But now I really want to know you more, Kei-kun. You seem to be a very nice man, and it is truly good to be around you. You have that kind of Ki that lifts other people around you, and that by itself is pretty remarkable. But yet there is something sad under your outer layer. Why? And what about this flaring Ki of yours. Now it is all out, but it shifts. And you are not an adept of Ki control, this much I can notice. You are a little mystery, but a cute, nice and interesting one! You picked my attention now. Thinks Tsuruko, grinning to herself, while going back to call Yumiko and Antonio.
“Aha! It seems our dear Tsu-Chan found her partner again!” Says Yumiko watching Tsuruko coming back, a big smile gracing her lips.
“Well, well. We do know she is an obstinate woman. And being your sister, that boy had no chance of escaping being found now.” Says Antonio, drinking his refreshment.
Tsuruko comes close fast, smiling.
“So dear sister how was your quest?” Asks Yumiko, sipping from the glass on her hand.
“Fruitful as I expected. I found Kei-kun outside in the balcony, drawing. And he is quite good at it!”
“And the boy seems to have picked your interest. You seem really happy.” Comments Antonio, smiling. “Kei-kun, heh?” He adds.
“Yes, I have to admit he picked up my attention. Yumiko and you will understand when I introduce you to him. And he is very nice to talk to. He may be young, but has certain maturity grafted into him. I like him.” Says Tsuruko, really happy.
“Whoever pleases you will please us as well, of that I am sure! You are a very picky one!” Looks Yumiko, a bit amused.
“Hey, that is not nice to say about your sister. Moreover, it is always nice to meet new friends, especially someone out of our circle at the Dojo. I like the normalcy this brings to our lives.”
“I love to meet new friends, and Tsu-chan does need to relax a bit of all her responsibilities.” Adds Antonio, grabbing his drink from the counter he is leaning in.
“Let's seat all together. He can show his drawings, and we can share a good dinner. I am a bit hungry now.” Calls Tsuruko, heading back to the balcony area.
Antonio and Yumiko head towards Keitaro's table, led by Tsuruko to the end of the balcony. The view there was nice. Tsuruko explains her little name charade, and they agree. Culture in Japan does give attention to titles and sometimes this can be a hindrance.
Their Family was too well known in Kyoto, and that could really shy away Tsuruko's new friend.
As they approach the table, Keitaro stands up, bowing to both. “Nice to meet you. My name is Keitaro.”
They both bow to him in answer: “Our pleasure!” Say them both.
“My name is Yumiko.” Says the tall shorthaired woman. (shorthaired if compared to Tsuruko, as Yumiko's hair ran to her neck)
“And I am Antonio.” Says the tall man he saw before.
Wow! Are they clones? I would never tell them apart if not for their hair! Thinks Keitaro, looking at both sisters.
And Yumiko´s husband is even taller than both sisters! I doubt anyone would even try to look longer to her. Now looking at the tall gaijin.
My sister here told us you are an artist. Please show us your drawings.”Asks Yumiko, while seating alongside her husband, at Keitaros's left. Tsuruko is at his right side.
At this moment, a waiter comes to Keitaro, and bows respectfully.
“Sir, Tanikawa-san sends his greetings. To you and your friends. He wants to remind you that you may ask anything from the House, and tells me to advise about the Chief's Choice tonight. Very Exquisite. And the invitation is extended to your friends as well. He thanks for your presence, and says that he will be with you shortly.”
The waiter bows again, and walks away.
“Humm, it seems that my Kei-kun is acquainted to Tanikawa-san, the owner of this Club.” Says Tsuruko.
“Humm, you also know a lot outside your own duties, Tsu-chan” Humpfs Antonio.
“Both sisters smiling: “We Japanese women strive for perfection!” They say in unison.
“And you Kei-kun, is more than I thought, hum?” Looks Tsuruko to Keitaro.
“Oh, no, no. See, this afternoon I was walking near my hotel and I found his daughter lost. I just helped her, and he invited me as thanks for having found his daughter.” Keitaro scratches his head, grinning.
“And I must add, that was a nice present, as I am able to be with you all here. This brightens my day for sure!” Adds Keitaro, a bit shyly, but honest.
“I can see why you liked him, Tsu-chan.” Yumiko teases Tsuruko.
“Yeah. He is really ok!” Adds Antonio.
Tsuruko looks to her sister. “I thought you would appreciate my Kei-kun.”
“Heh, and now it is - my Kei-kun - huh?” Laughs Yumiko, hand covering her mouth.
Keitaro looks at the table.
“My friend, congratulations! She is picky! And you seemed to have made a new friend on her.” Says Antonio, under a staring Tsuruko.
“I am not that picky! And you are making Keitaro shy!” Says Tsuruko, pouting.
Actually, the whole exchange made Keitaro a bit shy.
Keitaro asks to a passing waiter some refreshments, after asking his table companions what they wished to drink. As they receive their drinks, he lifts his glass, and says:
“Well, I am really a happy man for having the opportunity of meeting people like you here. I thought I was going to spend this night alone, but suddenly we met. And due the graciosity of this Club owner, I am able to provide you a dinner! I am very happy to be here with you all!” He lifts his glass high, and toasts his companions. He started with a bit sad undertone, but ended up smiling broadly.
Again…His Ki suddenly dropped, and now flares like a beacon! Thinks Tsuruko.
Tsuruko looks back to Yumiko and Antonio. She can tell they noticed, but keep that for themselves for now. They toast back, basking now on Keitaro's Ki, which was over them all now.

I might get addicted to this.
thinks Tsuruko, really drinking on Kei´s presence. So warm and nice…How come he said he does not have anyone! But that is Good…Uh? what am I thinking again? Wide-eyed. Lucky girl, no one was looking at her at that moment, or they would have noticed the dreamy face she was wearing then.
They all were admiring Keitaro´s drawings, while sipping liquors from the Chief's Choice.
“Hey, you have been around Kyoto my boy! I see a lot of places I know here.” Comments Antonio.
“Yeah, I took the day to stroll a bit. Been here and there.” Says Keitaro.
“Humm, and those drawings of Tsuruko are quite remarkable.” Says Yumiko, winking to Tsuruko.
“I noticed that myself. And I already asked Keitaro to draw something for me!” Tsuruko smiles to Keitaro.
“Yes, I will do it. Just not used to draw my own figure though…” Scratching his head, reddening a bit.
At this moment, a waiter calls Keitaro, and after speaking at his ear, stands up behind him.
“Excuse me, but I need to go for a second. Will be back in no time.” Bows Keitaro, following the waiter.
He is then led to the House office, to Tanikawa-san's room.
“Please seat Urashima-san. Gommen nasai for not going to your table earlier, but this is a rather busy night. I also do not wish to disturb you and your companions. I heard you all gave quite a show earlier.” Says Tanikawa-san, smiling to Keitaro.
“I hope you are having fun. I also would like to thank you once more for helping my daughter this morning. She was quite happy to be with you, and for taking care of her me and my wife are in debit to you.”
“Tanikawa-san, please. It was nothing that any other one would not do. And you have a quite brave young one there. But I do thank you for your nice invitation. This night has been wonderful!”
“I am quite happy to hear that. But I have a favor to ask, if that would not be too presumptuous of me.”
“If I can do anything for you, please do ask.” Keitaro thinks what would he do for a man like Tanikawa.
“You see, little Sachiko is quite introspect, but she really liked you. She has her afternoon free tomorrow, and I would like to know if you could take her for a walk. She spent the day talking about how you saved her, and she says she would like to see her friend again. I know this might seem strange, but you see, she has been so quiet and locked to herself, and suddenly she is speaking fondly about you. You seem to be a good young man, and she would be happy to see you again, at least once more. Of course you may refuse.” An understanding face gracing Tanikawa-san.
“No, it is not presumptuous, and I would love to see little Sachiko again. I can be here after lunch, and take her for a little walk. I am here to sightseeing anyway. And thank you for your confidence” Bows Keitaro.
“You seem a very good person. I feel you to be a very trusty young man and I am just lucky that you found my little one. Thank you. She will be quite happy.” Bows the man. “May I call her here at 02:00pm?”
“That is ok. I will be here.”
Tanikawa-san stands up, finishing the conversation with a bow. “Thank you for accepting my invitation, and also for this little favor tomorrow. My child will be happy as well.”
“Thank you for the night, and the suggestions there. My friends were quite pleased with the dinner. Good night, Tanikawa-san” Bows Keitaro and leaves the office.
I did check you my friend. After all we are talking about you taking out my dear Sachiko for a walk. But you came out ok. You even run an All Girls Dorm. That shows you to be quite trustful. Thinks Tanikawa-san, always a cautious man, looking Keitaro leave his office.
“Well, well Kei-kun. Business?” Asks Tsuruko, upon his arrival.
“Not really.” Then Keitaro explained his conversation with Tanikawa-san.
They continued talking and telling jokes, and after a while they returned to the dance floor.
This time they were playing romantic songs, and Tsuruko invites Keitaro to dance with her.
“Hey, Kei-kun! You seem a bit tense. Anything wrong?” Asks Tsuruko, while embracing the young man firmly.
“Uhm. You see. I was thinking. Don't you mind that I'm shorter than you?” Keitaro asks.
“But why? I'm a tall woman, and that is that! I do not appreciate you by your stature, Kei-kun. I am pleased by who you are.” Smiling warmly to him, looking into his eyes.
Jeez…Her skin is smooth and silk-like. The perfume she uses is something! And oh my, her hair…Her body…Her breasts! Big… Keitaro tries to control his own hormones, as the blood pressure increases, causing involuntary and really not called for reactions. The scent from her hair is strong as it brushes against his face.
Tsuruko feeling his Ki, recognizes what is happening with her shy partner. Fu, fu, fu…He is so cute! I can feel his Ki easily. Neither malice nor perversion here. Just plain and healthy lust! I like that! This flatters me even further, my Kei-kun! She embraces him tighter, following the playing songs rhythm, and causing their bodies to get even closer.
I'm not a pervert! I'm not a pervert… Thinks Keitaro furiously, remembering all the times he was hammered to a wall or sent flying to the skies for less than dancing tightly with a woman. His blood pressure increases even further, causing some uncalled for physical reactions to persist.
And that reflects on his Ki as well.
Huh? Now it goes again! His Ki goes low, tightening itself around him. But why? Protection? Against what? Or who? Me?
Little knew Tsuruko about Keitaro's conditioning, ingrained into him by a Hammer called Narusegawa and a Scythe called Motoko.
Tsuruko, using her own Ki and her superb control over it, nudges his Ki out, encouraging it, goading it out…Soothing it.
It does work, and they dance the whole time, embracing each other. And yes, lust was part of it as well. Tsuruko also feeling it, and embracing her own feelings and sensations fully. The dance was fantastic for both of them.
“Hey, Thony! Look there! They do seem to be enjoying themselves.” Points Yumiko at them dancing.
“Nice man. Well, she met him tonight, but friendship may grow in time. Let's see. She is so alone as of late. I would like her at least to get more friends.” Adds Antonio, concerned.
“The young man seems a bit concerned though. He seems to be holding back…even afraid.”
“Well, considering that Tsuruko is overwhelming sometimes, I can understand him.” Laughs Antonio. “But look! She has him nailed!” Adds Antonio, pointing at the couple dancing tightly.
“She better not hear you, or I will be patching you up the whole next week!” Laughs Yumiko.
“You are quite a dancer, Kei-kun” Says Tsuruko, a pleasant smile upon her lips.
“I just followed your lead. I am quite amazed myself. I am usually very clumsy, always stumbling or falling around. You gave me inspiration tonight, Tsu-chan.”
But Keitaro´s face seems a bit sad now.
“Well, I think this is the time to say goodbye. It is late, and we must part ways, despite the night we had. It was wonderful, and I thank you all for your company.” Keitaro says to his night companions, bowing.
“Hey, Kei-kun, you said you are visiting the town. Would you like us to give you a ride? Or you rented a car?” Says Tsuruko, looking to Antonio.
“Hey, you said you are at the Kitagawa Hotel & Resort. That is on our way anyway. And we can spend a bit more time together.” Completes Antonio.
“I will gladly accept, as I did not rent any car. It is late, and I don't feel like walking at this time anyway. Thank you!” Says Keitaro, less sad this time. And I can enjoy her presence a bit more! Adds Keitaro mentally, looking at Tsuruko.
“Done! So lets go together.” Tsuruko says, literally dragging Keitaro outside the Club.
Well, here we are. Home free, Keitaro-kun!” Antonio says, parking the Hummer in front of Keitaro's Hotel.
Everybody goes out of the car for their farewells. While Antonio talks to Keitaro in front of the car, Tsuruko and Yumiko talk to each other at the opposite side before approaching them.
“Miko-chan, our scheduling this week is pretty calm. I think we have everything settled, and there is just Ceres Victoria arrival in 2 days, and Kazami-san school visit in 3 days, it is not so?”
“Hai, hai, Tsu-chan. And yes, I see where you are heading. It is all right. You have had almost no free time in over 4 years. I think you have the right to spend some quality time, especially with someone interesting, and the young man there quite fills the description. And that Ki of his is strange. I know you are curious as well.”
“And he is so nice to be around. I really want to know more about him.” Smiles Tsuruko, eyes glinting.
“Go for it. You can be reached anywhere if we need you. And there must be advantages on being Head of ShinMei Ryu after all.”
Both ladies go meet the two guys talking.
“Kei-kun…I was thinking. You do not know Kyoto that well, and you are going to take a little girl to walk tomorrow. Would you mind having me as your company on your afternoon tomorrow?” She asks, serious looking. “I would like to see you again, and we could talk more. That would really please me!”
Keitaro, who was starting to get sad again, suddenly changed his mood immediately.
“SURE…Err, sure, sure. I would love to! I really am a newbie around here. And I would really like to see you again, if you so wish.” He adds, shyly scratching his head. Wow, wow, wow. She really wants to see me again tomorrow! I'm happy! He thinks, adjusting his glasses.
Humm, his Ki is flaring again. Notices Tsuruko.
“So it is a deal. And as you do not have a car here, I will pick you up at 01:30pm, ok? Then we pick Sachiko-chan up.” Tsuruko says, and as fast as the wind, pecks Keitaro on his cheek, who goes beet red instantly.
“And that was for the wonderful night, Kei-kun. See you tomorrow. Sleep well!” She turns and enters the car.
“By pal. Nice to meet you. That was fun. We will repeat soon.” Says Antonio, shaking Keitaro's hand.
Ouch…He is strong!
“It was a pleasure, Keitaro-kun. We shall meet again for sure. And do not forget the drawing my sister asked you. She is not one to be denied!” Smiles Yumiko, blinking to Kei.
“YUMIKO, I HEARD THAT!” Yells Tsuruko, from inside the car.
“Oops!” Says Yumiko, faking concern. “Have a nice sleep. And enjoy your day tomorrow!” Bows Yumiko, and also enters the car, which departs few moments after, leaving a grinning Keitaro to return to his room.

Keitaro enters his room, and despite being tired, he is feeling very well. He takes a bath, and before going to bed, he sits a bit, thinking about his day, and night.
Who would say that after the day I had just yesterday, I would have a night like this one. They were wonderful people, and I felt so good there. I felt accepted, and a part of the group without demandings upon me, or constant reprove. Man, this felt good. And he smiles widely. And Tsu-chan was something else. Oh, I will not deceive myself…She is way too much for me. But I enjoyed the time we spent tonight. And tomorrow I will see her again. Just hope to not do any foolish thing, like the times I was with Narusegawa.That though brought a bit of sadness to Keitaro. Why Narusegawa could not be like Tsu-chan! Nah…Impossible! And Tsu-chan is a real woman. I cannot compare them. Never!
Actually for a time now, Keitaro began to see what kind of future his dream of Narusegawa really meant. But he was a romantic one, and still dreamed about his old promise. But Narusegawa destroyed what was left of that dream completely! But he loved her once, and it is hard to fathom some facts of life.
Before his mood starts to sink again, he stands and stretches, picking up his glasses, but before going to bed, he sees the shirt he was using tonight, and smells it. Jeez, the girls would call me a pervert if they saw me now…Silly isn't it? But Tsu-chan´s smell is all over the shirt. We really danced a lot at the end, and oh so very tightly… He inspires deeply, inhaling Tsuruko's scent on the shirt. Gosh! It lingered on my clothing, and I love her smell. What a woman!

Keitaro goes to bed. Happy for the night he had. And a bit anxious about the day to come.
But before sleeping, and feeling really like it, he picked one of his Nadesico mangas, and reads a bit before sleeping, as he is still excited.

Tsuruko, at her room, later that night was also thinking about her night.

Kei-kun…You are an interesting young man. And it felt so good to be by your side. I loved this night. I have not had this kind of fun in ages!
Tsuruko, after her bath, looks to her image at the mirror in her bathroom, appreciating herself. Well, I am not 20 years old anymore. But he does not seem the average 20 years old either. He has something behind those eyes of his. I felt him sad sometimes. But also happy. And I really want to know him more. She smiles to her mirrored image. I saw you are a shy man. And I do not know what I really want right now. But one thing I know, Kei-kun: I want to know you, and I really want to be at your side again. I am really looking forward to our afternoon tomorrow!

Tsuruko goes to bed happy, and feeling good. As good as she has not felt in a long time. And time would see to where the present events would lead to, but she was happy now, and she is well aware that great part of that happiness was due her new friend, the young, shy and a bit enigmatic Keitaro-kun.
But before sleeping tonight…Thought Tsuruko remembering something from her night, and addressing the Master Dojo AI Core, while lying on her bed.
“Omoikane!”
"-Yes, Tsuruko-sama?-" The AI Core representation, a birdlike creature with red and white bright feathers in a starry bright blue background appears on the LCD screen on the wall in front of Tsuruko´s bed.
“Access my personal video files. Vandread First Stage: episode 10. Display on my bedroom screen.”
Tsuruko has not watched her own collection for a long time now. But tonight she wishes to watch it a bit.
"- Do you wish to reschedule your wake-up call? It is quite late and you will take at least more 30 min. to sleep if you are going to watch this file.-"
“No, keep as it is. I'm quite energized anyway. Just a couple of hours and I will be fine. Thanks Omoikane.”
"- All right then. Done as requested, Tsuruko-sama. On display in 10 seconds. Enjoy!-"

Haruka´s Tea House, 10:00pm of that night:
The girls were all at the Hot Spring when I passed there. That is for the best now. I am still upset, and I wanna avoid confrontations right now. The House is well kept. But that I expected. Kei let it well tended before leaving. At this thought, a bit of concern passes over her usually calm face. I expect you to call me soon, Keitaro. Or your aunt WILL be upset. I worry for you after all this mess. Oh Seta, I also would like to have you here at this time. You and Kei were close together some time ago, and maybe, Keitaro would like to talk to a man about some of the things that are passing by his mind now. Well, Seta, after coming from Kyoto I WILL also have a serious talk with you. She grins, remembering Seta. But enough. I hope the girls are taking this time to think over what happened, although it is still recent. And I am considering calling Tsuruko at ShinMei Ryu. Tsuruko said Motoko needed this time out, but she is now needing some guidance as well. Her acts were not really considerate, and this thing with men must change. Or else she will declare herself homo and clarify things up, although that will never justify senseless violence against men! But I do not think she is homosexual at all. I noticed how she sometimes looked at Keitaro. And that unnerves me even more. Why attack him so many times then?

Haruka frowns while thinking over the girls, and start closing out things to take her bath and go to sleep, when she hears someone knocking at her door.
“Hai, hai…Dare dessuka?” The Tea House closes early and late visits are not common without early advise. Well, she really knew how to deal with any transgressor, if that was the case.
At the door, she looks out and sees nobody…And then hears a little “huhum!” That makes her look down.
“Ah, Shinobu-chan! What makes you pay me a visit at this time?” Asks Haruka, a little concerned. Not very usual to see little Shinobu coming at this time to talk to her.
“Ah, Haruka-san…Gommen nasai if I am disturbing you now.” Says Shinobu. “ I-I can come tomorrow if you do not wish to talk now.” She says.
“No, no. No problems at all. It is just that you should be in your room now. You have classes tomorrow.” Says Haruka.
“Yes, I know. But I really felt like needing to talk to you as soon as possible. I heard some news tonight, and I need to talk to you about it! It concerns Sempai!” Says Shinobu, both hands over her chest.
“About Keitaro? He phoned you there?” Asks Haruka. “But please, come inside. It is cold right now. Come!” Points Haruka to the inside of her Tea Chop, stepping aside to allow Shinobu passage.
“Arigato, Haruka-san.”
After seating on one of the many empty tables, she looks at Shinobu. “So please tell me, Shinobu, what about Keitaro makes you come to talk to me here at this time?” Says Haruka, a bit concerned.
“Actually, it started with Naru-sempai” Starts Shinobu, and Haruka thinks Now what the blonde bulldozer wants?

“You see, she came tonight very happy, telling us that she was at Toudai this afternoon, and that she found out they did a mistake with her test, and that she made it to Toudai after all!”
Haruka´s eyes went wide open, her mouth hanging open. What the Hell! But if that is true...
“We all got really happy for her, but then it hit me that if they did such mistake with her test, it would be possible that the same happened with Sempai's test. But when I asked that to Naru-sempai, she got a bit annoyed, and said that Keitaro-sempai's test was not found mistaken. Only hers.” Shinobu really did not tell Haruka the kind of names Narusegawa called Keitaro, nor that such behavior did annoyed Shinobu herself a lot.

Now what is really going on here? What kind of story is this?
Thinks Haruka, eyes glazing.
“Haruka-san, Onegai! Lets go to Toudai verify about that. Maybe they have not really looked into Sempai´s test. Maybe he also passed, and by some mistake was deemed as reproved! I know Naru-sempai would not go with me, and I don't know how to get there alone. But if there is a chance of a mistake on the correction of sempai's test, I need to try and verify it!” Says Shinobu, eyes watering, concern over Keitaro clearly stamped on her cute face.
“Now, now. Don't fret over this.” Says Haruka, soothing the young girl. You always cared about him, little one. For that, you gained my friendship! Thought Haruka, wile ruffling Shinobu's hair.
But what is going on here! How come Narusegawa comes out now approved? I am sure they checked the results together! And Keitaro would be the first to notice any mistakes there. That would never slip by him unnoticed. Not after trying more than once to enter that place! Concern starts to spread through Haruka´s brain.
“Shinobu-chan, I really thank you for coming here to tell me this. Now, you have classes tomorrow. I do have my Tea House to run, but my people here can take care of things for a while, so lets do this. I will go to Toudai tomorrow talk to someone who can clarify this for us, ok. And whatever I found out there I will tell you. Do not worry. If there is a chance that they really did mistake Keitaro´s results as well, we will find out!”
“But Haruka-san, I wanna…”
“Shhh… see. I appreciate your concern and dedication, and I am sure so will Keitaro. But what he would think if you loose classes due something related to him? He would be sad to be troubling you. And he would be sad with me for letting you do that!” She looks at Shinobu, concern and gratitude for the little one showing off her eyes.
“Now Shinobu-chan, go to your room and sleep well. You helped a lot now, and I will tell this to Keitaro as soon as he calls me. And tomorrow I will be going to Tokyo U. to see things through.” Haruka stands up, and so does Shinobu.
“Thank you once more, and good night.”
“I do thank you to listen to me. Naru-sempai and Motoko-sempai would not listen to me, and I have not found Kitsune. But now I am relieved. Please lets help Keitaro-sempai!” Finishes Shinobu, going back to Hinata-sou.
Haruka closes the door, her face darkening. I don't know what YOU have done Narusegawa, but I will find out. For now, this may all be a mistake made by the examinators at Toudai, and for that you come out a lucky girl. But it all seems too farfetched to me. I am not Motoko or Shinobu…And I think you know better than pulling out any stunt like that here. Especially over such matter! Haruka goes to her bathroom, and prepares for bed. Tomorrow would be a busy day.

Narusegawa was at her room, after her bath, preparing for bed.

Heheh, I really never thought that before. But dating a Toudai professor had some extra-advantages!
Thinking about her dating with Professor Hirata Shigeru, a young literature teacher she met some months ago at their preparatory course.
Of course I acted on impulse. But that is ok. I know I should have entered Toudai since the beginning. That was a horrible mistake, and I just acted to correct that! She thinks, justifying her actions.

Shigeru was not really cooperating much, but a bit of persuasion is never too much to goad a man to help a girl in distress.

At that Afternoon…
“Naru-chan, c'mon now. You know I can't do that. I do have access to the tests, but to do this!” Says Hirata to his young girlfriend.
“Oh, now how come you do not want to help your girlfriend? I thought you liked me? But as I can see, you are not willing to do much to help me on this. I was the top student nationwide, and you know that. This was a terrible mistake. I had bad luck, and for that I will pay the price of not entering Toudai now…” She says, pleading eyes turned to his boyfriend.
“I love you, but this would be wrong!” He pleads her.
“That is if anyone discovers it. But no one will ever discover it. Revisions are common, and we do make mistakes. My reprove was for just one point anyway. You would be righting things up…And making your girlfriend so happy!” Answers Narusegawa, the intent clear in her mind.
“Please, anata…For me!” Begs Narusegawa.
“Oh, all right! I saw your test. You were really near it. I will do it. For you! And I really hope no one will ever get curious about this!” Complies Hirata, falling to Narusegawa´s persuasion.

Now I will be a Toudai-sei! Not a ronin, like the Baka!
Narusegawa deep inside knew that what she was doing was wrong, and gets angry remembering Keitaro, for he would never agree to such a thing. He would try and try, but never use any advantages to get what he wants.
That is why he is still a Ronin…And alone! She thinks, but she got angrier and angrier. Her pride took the better of her, and she even USED another person to get what she wanted. She was not really thinking much about what kind of person she was becoming. But she got the result her pride demanded, and that fueled her now.
Bah, I will sleep now. Tomorrow I will not be able to slip away from Hinata-sou like today. But all right. Shigeru will have his day full as well.
She goes to sleep. But she had a troubled sleep that night. Something was being lost inside her. She changed a lot in the last years, so different from the little girl Keitaro knew when so young. And now the last of that small girl was being really thrown away. Discarded.
But what she would never assume is that Keitaro's presence was being missed already. Something he brought along with him was amiss at Hinata-sou. And probably would never return. She was sad and angry, but her pride and ego, big as a mountain, would never let her perceive that kind of feelings, which could redeem the girl. Now, that was finally lost, after an act of utter selfishness.
We would never get along Keitaro…We are too different from each other. You should have seen this since the beginning. Thought a drowsy Narusegawa, before sleeping.
End Chapter 4