Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Senpai ❯ It Started With A Kiss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

LOVE HINA: SENPAI

By Elvish Majicks

Chapter One: It started with a kiss…

--

Disclaimer: I don't own Love Hina in any way, shape or form. The events portrayed in the following fiction were in no way meant for the actual TV-Series Love Hina; they are merely makings up of my imagination (twisted as it may be).

Warning: This is a self-indulgent Fantasy piece, and before I get a million flames, calling me a pedophile and stuff. Stop, whatever you're planning, just stop. This is FICTIONAL, and viewer discretion is advised if the pairing of Shinobu and Keitaro offends you, because I don't want to hear your bitching.

--

Keitaro strolled down the halls of Hinata Sou, the sun shone elegantly through the slightly ajar doors, spilling light across the neatly polished floorboards. To Keitaro's knowledge, everybody was out doing their own thing, so he had the inn to himself. He planned to utilize this time in order to do some much needed cleaning, with a scrubbing brush in one hand, and a bucket full with water in the other, he set to work at scrubbing the floors.

After a little while, he heard a noise. It was faint at first, but it got stronger as the length of time progressed. He blinked, taking off his square-framed glasses and polishing them on his tee shirt.

"Hmm… I could have sworn Aunt Haruka said that nobody was going to be home…" He replaced his glasses back on his head, and stood.

Leaving the bucket and scrubbing brush behind, he let his ears be his guide. Following the noise, as it got louder, and louder. Finally, he looked up, noting that he was in-fact, in front of young Shinobu's room. Blinking, he leant forward, pressing his ear up to the thin, rice paper window. He wasn't quite sure at first, but the more he listened, the clearer it sounded to him; Shinobu was crying.

"Huh…?" He let his hand rest on the handle of her door, debating internally whether to go in or not.

He thought for a moment, deciding that she might be hurt, or in danger. Keitaro quietly slid the door ajar, peeking inside. What he saw was Shinobu, with her head in her hands and her shoulders shaking. He opened the door to its full length, taking a deep breath to gather his courage before stepping inside.

"Shinobu…?" he spoke meekly, unsure of how to talk to the girl in her current state.

Shinobu gasped, quickly wiping her eyes and taking a large sniff. Before she turned around, she seemed to slip something under her pillow, but Keitaro did not notice.

"Y-yes Senpai?" her voice was crackly, and her cheeks were flustered.

"What's wrong?" he stepped further into her room, taking a quick glance around, spotting a picture of Shinobu and himself, Shinobu was smiling quite brightly, with a rosy glow to her cheeks.

"Senpai… do you hate me?" she looked up at him, her eyes watery.

"Of course I don't Shinobu, what made you ask that?" Keitaro blinked, instantly taking up a seat beside her on her futon.


"Everybody in my class hates me… they tease me all the time." Her head hung low, and she looked as if she was about to cry again.

Keitaro sighed, genuinely feeling bad for the girl. He wrapped his arms around her frail form, gently pulling her towards him in a kind hug. Shinobu gasped, placing her open palms against his chest, her cheeks a shade of scarlet. She sighed, resting her head up against his chest, feeling an odd sense of relaxation flood her body.

Keitaro's hand began to wander across her back, softly; he ran it up and down her back in an attempt to comfort her. Shinobu seemed to relax into him, her eyes slowly beginning to drift shut. The two didn't know how long they'd stayed like that, but Shinobu was the first to break the comfortable silence.

"Senpai?" she tilted her head upwards, her raven hair falling from her face.

"Yeah?" Keitaro leant back somewhat, to allow him to see her better.

"I've heard the girls… in my class, talking about kissing…" she blushed, turning her head away instantly.

Keitaro remained silent, letting Shinobu finish.

"…And it all the other girls have had their first kisses," the rising blush became more intense as she continued, "and well… the person I want to share my first kiss with… well, I don't think he likes me."

Shinobu bit her lip, wrapping her arms around Keitaro and hugging him tightly. Fighting the embarrassment, she began to wish for a hole that she could crawl into and die.

"Well, Shinobu," Keitaro spoke, smiling down towards her, "I'd say, that boy's an idiot if he doesn't like you."

Shinobu blinked, releasing Keitaro from her grip of steel. She looked up at him, a small frown cast across her mouth. Her eyes were already red, and bulging, so Keitaro could tell she was going to cry soon.

"What is it Shinobu?" Shinobu looked away as Keitaro spoke, trying to summon all the courage inside her.

"…I want you to be my first… Senpai." Shinobu's face turned bright red, and her hands clenched the bed sheets.

Keitaro didn't know what to say, he just sat there, staring with wide eyes at Shinobu. He knew how important it must be to her, but he didn't know if he should do it or not.

"Shinobu… I don't kno-"

"You hate me!" Shinobu cried, cutting off Keitaro before he could finish, and burying her face in her hands, she began to sob.

"No! I don't!" Keitaro fought to subdue the urge to just do it, he didn't want Shinobu to think he hated her, nor did he ever want to see her unhappy.

"Shinobu… I…" He trailed off.

Keitaro used his right hand to gently move Shinobu's hands from her face, then, he used his left hand to touch her cheek. He slowly moved her head towards him and leant down, a rosy blush on both their cheeks. Their lips connected, and Shinobu's eyes drifted shut, she felt her body heating up rapidly.

On the other side, Keitaro was also feeling his temperature rising, as he struggled to find words that would describe that feeling of kissing Shinobu. In the end, he decided on one word.

`Soft…'

As they parted, Shinobu's eyes opened. As did Keitaro's, and he let his hands gracefully fall from her cheek, back to his lap. Shinobu felt a million feelings surge through her body, from happiness, to love, to joy and excitement. She thought that she was going to cry again, but this time, from sheer happiness. Her darkest wish had just come true, and it felt great inside.

Keitaro smiled at her and gave her a pat on the back, standing and walking from her room.

"See ya later, Shinobu."

--

The next day, all of the residents of Hinata Sou sat at the dinner table. Eating in the idle chatter, Keitaro looked around, noting that Shinobu was smiling. He tilted his head, taking a bite out of the steak laid out on his plate. After dinner, Shinobu went around to everybody and collected the dirty dishes, taking them into the kitchen. When they were sure she was gone, the chatter began to pick-up.

"Hey, have you guys noticed something different about Shinobu lately?" Kitsune brought among the topic for discussion, leaning across the table on her shoulder.

"Yeah, I noticed that too…" Motoko chimed in, nodding in agreement.

"It would seem so, and she keeps smiling." Naru nodded as well, taking a glance at Keitaro.

"At least she's happier now… I'm glad." Keitaro spoke, inwardly hoping that the chatter would die, before they got too in depth to find out what he'd done, as it would surely be his death.

"Yeah…" everybody spoke, in unison.

Just as the conversation died down, Shinobu walked in, smiling her newfound smile. After awhile, everybody disbanded and headed off to their separate rooms, as did Shinobu. Keitaro decided to stay up, watching a few mildly interesting TV shows before deciding he'd seen enough.

He wandered down the dark corridors, past Motoko's room, past Kitsune's room and past Su's room. Yawning, he stretched upwards, groaning with satisfaction. As he passed Shinobu's room, he blinked, stopping just before and pressing his ear up to the wall. It was a faint sound, and for a moment, he thought she was crying. But the more he listened, clearer it became, just like before. It almost sounded… like… a moan.

"What the…" he stepped closer, straining his ears to hear what was going on.

"Mmm… Urashima-Senpai… please… ahhh…" she moaned.

"Uhh…" Keitaro thought for a moment, tiptoeing past Shinobu's door, deciding to keep it a secret.

But, as luck would have it for poor old Keitaro, he tripped, falling flat on his face. With a loud `thud', Keitaro connected with the floor, groaning as the wind was knocked from his lungs. Shinobu gasped, quickly covering herself up and walking to the door to see what happened. Her cheeks were flustered and she was not wearing anything but a slim tee shirt, which hung to her knees.

"S-Senpai?" her body tensed up with fear, she had no real idea of what she was doing.

Shinobu was following what she had overheard a girl talking about in her class, she had heard that if you touch yourself down `there' and thinking about somebody you like, that it would make you feel really good. So she decided to try it, but she had not meant to be caught, hence her embarrassment at the situation and to top things off, she thought the person she was fantasizing about had caught her.

"Shinobu! Sorry! I just tripped over, that's all." He cringed, hoping that she didn't know he was listening to her.

"S-Senpai… did you… hear anything?" she bit her bottom lip, her hands clenching into fists at her sides.

"No, why?" Keitaro stood, dusting himself off. He knew that he couldn't tell her that he'd heard her it would destroy her.

"Good… I was just… curious, that's all." She seemed to relax, but Shinobu still seemed to have that air of suspicion around her.

"Well, goodnight Shinobu, I'll see you in the morning." Keitaro nodded to her, as she smiled, returning the nod.

"G-goodnight Senpai… I'll see you in the morning." She slipped back inside her room, closing the door behind her and letting out a breath she didn't know she had been holding.

Keitaro stepped shakily into his room; he dropped down onto the futon and covered himself. It was around eleven-thirty and the inn seemed quiet, so he was pretty sure nobody saw the little `scenario' back there. Letting out a sigh of relief, he leant his head back, taking off his glasses and resting them beside him on the floor, before he drifted off into sleep.

--

Keitaro awoke with a start, as he heard a knock at his door. He fumbled around for his glasses and corrected his sheets, placing the glasses on his head, somewhat crooked. He looked up, squinting to clear his vision.

"Come in.," he yawned, taking a glance at his bedside clock. `Three in the morning… what the?'

The door slid open, to reveal a very distressed looking Shinobu. She clutched in one hand her quilt - and in the other - her pillow. She bit her bottom lip, her eyes quivering.

"S-senpai… I had a bad dream… I'm too scared to sleep in my room… so I was wondering if… maybe…" she stuttered, obviously embarrassed to admit to Keitaro that she had a nightmare.

"Hop in Shinobu…" Keitaro moved across to the edge of the mattress, tapping the empty space where he had been sleeping.

Shinobu smiled weakly and walked to his bed, lying down on the soft mattress. She placed the pillow next to his and rested her head on it. She was still shaking from her nightmare, and her hands were held up at her chest. Keitaro tightened the blankets around them and wiggled closer to her. He could tell that she was still somewhat scared, so he snaked his arms around her fragile form. Pulling her close to him, he let her relax into his embrace, the shaking instantly ceasing.

"Senpai…" Shinobu's cheeks were flustered, and she felt safe in Keitaro's arms.

Shinobu fell asleep right away, her previous worries of being caught in the act, faded from her mind. She relaxed completely into Keitaro and drifted off. Keitaro followed short after, stealing a quick look down at Shinobu, she was still wearing just that tee shirt. He smiled, running his finger along her pale cheek before he fell asleep himself, cuddled up into Shinobu.

To be continued…

Authors Notes: Well, wasn't that chapter all fluffily like and stuff? Do you need some insulin yet? Oh the traumatizing experience of being caught in the act, I know some people might say I was being `perverted' there, but it's a common fact of life. Shinobu is at that point in her life, where she's beginning to explore her body; it's a time of discovery and flowers blah, blah, blah. Anyhow, this chapter is kind of short, but I promise I'll make the next one longer. I don't have a pre-reader as of late, but if you're interested. You need a decent grasp of the English language and grammar, if you have those, I'd love to have you aboard my little train here. The next chapter should be out in a couple of days, and hopefully by then, I'll have a pre-reader. Until then, later everybody. ^_^

Comments/Suggestions are always welcome at elvish_majicks@hotmail.com