Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ The Immortal Keitaro ❯ Cleansing The Slate ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Love Hina™ and all its associated characters are the sole property of Ken Akamatsu. They are used without their permission. All I receive from this is the pleasure and pain of writing it

The Immortal Keitaro

By WAFFaddict

Chapter 2

Cleansing the Slate

"Wha, where…am I …." Keitaro uttered.

He was feeling quite lightheaded and the room didn't appear to look familiar.

"Oh good, now we can have our rematch" Mutsumi said as she helped Keitaro to his feet.

"Thank you, miss, but who are you….and um….why am I in your room" Keitaro said as he tried to steady himself, but lightheadedness grew worse.

"It's me, Mutsumi Otohime; you know part of the Flunkees."

"Um….nice to me you, I'm…..ummm…"

"You're Kei-chan, silly. You can't just go around forgetting that."

"Flunkees…are you an idol or is that your singing group. Funny, I don't remember any.y.y.y…" Keitaro replied as he began to lose consciousness and fell forward

"He and Mutsumi are in there, Kitsune. I might have hit him a little hard this time"

"I've got the med-kit, no need to worry" said Kitsune as she bust in followed closely by Naru.

Of course the other residents, Su, Motoko, Shinobu, and Sarah were swiftly in tow. They all came in the room just in time to see Keitaro fall in the arms of Mutsumi, accidentally kissing her.

For Good Keitaro, the day had been one incident after another.

"Well, at least, no one else is in the room and after all we are unconscious."

Good Keitaro couldn't help but think that today was just as bad as it could get after he realized the residents had entered the room.

Evil Keitaro had been waiting for this moment and now he decided it was time for him to add his two cents into the conversation.

"Yep, we're definitely screwed."

"For the first time, I believe that you are correct, Evil, there's no telling how much more damage will be done."

"Hey, Good, do you think that since we're unconscious this beating won't hurt."

"I don't know, but I guess we're going to find out."

If one could see the auras of the residents at that time, they would have clearly assumed that maybe that breakfast they had may have been under cooked. The red, blue, green, yellow, pink, and white auras were all but overshadowed by two large black auras. These were the types of auras you would see during war or fight.

"Way to go dork, about time you made up your mind" cheered Sarah.

An "Oh" escaped Shinobu lips as she quickly covered her eyes and ran out of the room.

Motoko drew her sword and began to stalk toward Keitaro. The look in her eyes was that rage and hatred.

"Your pervert ways shall end today, no longer will you try to take advantage of anyone ever again. Burning Sword Fis…."

However, before she could finish Kitsune jumped into its path.

"Are you crazy, you could hit Mutsumi or end up destroying the whole house?"

Naru only balled up her fist and began to make her way to the couple slumped on the floor. Su, who hadn't seen these events unfold, was chasing Tama-chan around the room asked.

"Is Keitaro was dead."

"Of course not, the jerk got more lives than a cat." Sarah remarked

The immortal Keitaro couldn't be dead. After all, he had survived falling out of the sky, falling off of various high places, being hit with various objects as well as being burned, shot at and even eaten numerous times. The residents could only looked at Keitaro and then Mutsumi, who didn't seem to care that Keitaro was on top of her as she seemed to have fainted.

"Mutusumi's fainted. That pervert was trying to take advantage of her." Naru screamed as she kicked the unconscious Keitaro into the wall.

Kitsune rushed over to Keitaro's side and rolled him off of Mutsumi with the help of Shinobu and Su, who started to drag Keitaro out of the room. Motoko and Naru went to check on Mutsumi. Tama-chan hitched a ride on Keitaro's arm causing it to slide into Shinobu's leg as they drug him from the room. The sudden touch caused to her scream, scaring almost everyone in the room.

"Why you pervert, why don't you just die" Naru yelled as she punted Keitaro out the window.

Of course, punting a conscious Keitaro out the window was usual, but for Keitaro to be unconscious more than a minute, something may have been wrong. They were all caught off guard by the enraged Naru's outburst.

"Umm.. I'm sorry…Naru-sempai….umm…I don't Urashima-sempai tried to do that…I think he was still unconscious." Shinobu said.

"Girl, you have got to quit jumping to conclusion…I mean you need some quick anger management classes…It almost looks like you're jealous when I see you get angry at Keitaro." Kitsune narrowed her eyes as she watched Naru for a response

"This is true, Naru…..now we must go find Urashima…he may be in the need of medical care" spoke Motoko.

'Even Motoko was taking up for Keitaro, what the hell is going on here. This is the same Motoko who are few minutes ago was about the attack him as well' Naru thought but instead she replied "Come on, Kitsune what am I to be jealous for…I mean he's just a dumb pervert…as far as I'm concerned…he's could die and I wouldn't care. I mean, Motoko you were going to attack him before weren't you"

"Yes, I was. I was overcome with anger and I couldn't think clearly. I wanted to punish him, but it would be wrong to harm someone who may be injured already.

"Come on, Motoko. You and I know that he was just faking, trying to weasel his way out of admitting that he is a pervert. He deserves everything that he gets."

The residents of Hinata were shocked by Naru's words. The feelings that Keitaro had for Naru had been common knowledge to them, but Naru would never acknowledged that she had any feelings for him. There were hints that the resident would pick up from her behavior, but she always denied having anything to do with him. Now she denied even liking him to the point that she wouldn't even go look for him even if he was hurt and that it didn't matter if he lived or died"

"Well, I think we should split up and find him before it gets to late"

"I agree, Kitsune, we should hurry as he may be in need of immediate medical treatment"

"Okay, Motoko. Let's see how about you and Su take behind the Hinata and I'll look in town. And Shinobu should stay here just in case he wonders back. Naru, you...you just do whatever."

Su hopped onto Motoko's back as they left to begin their search. Kitsune could only look back in disappointment at her best friend as she left. Naru could barely watch as Kitsune, Motoko, and Su began the search for Keitaro.

'He'll come back, he always does.' Naru tried convincing herself as returned to her room to study.

Hours passed as Shinobu and Naru kept busy to avoid thinking about the current situation. Shinobu did the laundry, fixed lunch that no one ate and even studied a bit of her own. Naru didn't even leave her room as she studied non stop. No matter how hard they tried their thoughts kept slipping back to missing Ronin. Shinobu had even dropped by the Hinata Tea House to inform Haruka of Keitaro's disappearance and to hopefully keep and eye out for him. No one had told Haruka probably because they were scared of how she might have reacted. Shinobu thought she saw Haruka's eye twinge when she learned the news, but she couldn't be sure. Haruka was a strange woman; she never showed her emotions, no matter what happened. Shinobu hurried back to watch for Keitaro and to start on dinner. 'Tonight I'll fix his favorite as an apology. If I hadn't screamed Naru wouldn't have kicked him."

The sun had begun to set by the time that Motoko, Su, and Kitsune returned to the Hinata Inn.

"We've been searching all day….I just don't get it." Kitsune yelled.

"I hope tha….I mean it's possible that Keitaro is on his way back here or he may already be here" replied Motoko

"I think Tama-chan is gone as well, maybe they're together, guess I'll just have to wait and eat her when she gets back." Su had spoken her mind and off she bounced up the stairs leaving Motoko and Kitsune standing in the doorway bewildered at the energetic foreign girl.

"You're back; oh.....I thought sempai was with you." a small timid voice spoke.

"I'm sorry Shinobu. We were unable to locate Urashima, but do not worry, we shall find him."

"I...I...uh...ok....ummm... dinner is ready" and with that Shinobu headed back into the kitchen.

"Geez, Motoko. You sound like you're searching for a dog. This is just not like Keitaro. He's normally back before we can even make it downstairs."

"I'm worried...I mean...it is possible that he may be injured wherever he is" as the slight blush Motoko had slowly disappeared. Kitsune only smirked as she glanced at her.

"Trust me, Motoko; I know exactly what you mean. I think we all do." as she and Motoko walked into the dining room.

Over the years Haruka had learned to hide her emotions, but tonight the worry began to take its toll. "I need a smoke" Haruka could only look at the Hinata Inn as she began to close up the teahouse. She had seen the looks on Motoko, Su, and Kitsune's faces as they returned.

'Where are you Keitaro? I hope you're all right.'

She could only chuckle to herself. "Look at me worrying about Keitaro; I guess he just does that to people. You better come back, at least for their sake. I think they're going to find out just how big a part you fit into their life."

Author's Notes:

Ok...yeah...if you read the first chapter when I first put it up, then you probably recognized some of this. Yep, this was part of the first chapter in the first draft. I wanted the chapters to average about 5 pages each. After my revision, the first chapter ended up being 10 pages so I chopped in half. I'll probably revise this chapter before I put up chapter 3. Good and Evil Keitaro may return in later chapter. If anyone is interested in pre-reading for me, let me know. Any grammar errors or typos that you may see, I am sorry for.