Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ The Romantic Tales of Love Hina ❯ Love is in the Air ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This fanfiction is based on the story and characters from Love Hina by Ken Akamatsu.
 
Author's Note: A heartfelt thank you goes out to my reviewers. I wasn't sure how others saw my fanfic. I will try to lengthen the chapters from here on out. Future chapters will cover: Motoko, Kitsune, Su (Maybe) and a few twists very soon. Thanks for checkin' the fanfic out, and without further ado...
 
Chapter 3: A Loving Encounter
 
The silence and tension was too much to bear. “BADUMP, BADUMP!” Shinobu's heart started to beat faster as she tried to decide what to do. Her stomach started to ache slightly as she stood in front of Keitaro's room. She thought, `He is so dreamy. Sigh. Be brave Shinobu, you can do this.' She knocked twice and waited for a response.
 
Keitaro sat up and had a curious look on his face. He quietly said, “N-Naru?” He said in a louder voice, “Come in.”
 
Shinobu was so nervous she didn't hear what he said. She slowly slid open the door and said, “Urashima-San, i-it's me, Shinobu. I, I don't mean to bother you, but was w-wondering if you could help me with some of my English homework.” She looked down and was starting to feel slightly sweaty from being nervous.
 
Keitaro grinned and said, “Oh. Sure, it's not my best subject, but we'll give it a try. Come in.” She looked at the messy papers and books. He followed her gaze and said, “Oh, sorry about the mess, I was doing some studying myself…” he thought, `with Naru'. He grinned and had a dreamy sparkle in his eyes.
 
Shinobu blushed and thought, `I'm actually here. Keep breathing, don't do anything stupid.' She walked slowly with her head down and almost tripped. She sat down opposite from Keitaro and was silent.
 
Keitaro waited a moment and thought, `I wonder what's wrong with her. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to her lately.' He said, “Uhm, Maehara-San. (She looked up at him and blushed more) You needed help with some homework?” He smiled which made her look down again.
 
She said, “Oh. Uh. Yeah. So. There are some, words, in English that are hard for me to remember. I circled them.” She slid her notes to Keitaro and didn't look up. Keitaro took the papers and stared intently at the list. He frowned and tried to concentrate.
 
He said, “Let's see: adjective, conjuction…”
 
Shinobu felt light beads of sweat gather on her forehead. She thought, `OK. Now get up and sit closer to him. He is distracted by the list. Oh no, wait! Maybe I shouldn't. I'm scared, what if he yells at me?' She stood up slowly and approached to Keitaro. She sat close to him and looked at the paper with him. `BADUMP, BADUMP' She thought, `My heart is beating so fast right now, I hope I don't faint here.' She reached out, pointed to a word and said, “Th-that, word, there, p, prow, nawn…” She briefly brushed his hand with hers and then pulled her hand away quickly. She thought, `Phew! He didn't react. He really is concentrating on the list. His skin is a bit dry. Uh, I should get out of here! What am I doing?' Her cheeks felt warm and red. She reached out and let her hand rest on his forearm. She said, “Uh. U-Ur. Urashima-San. Is it Ok for me to call you Sempai?”
 
Keitaro stopped reading and grinned slightly. He looked up at her and said, “Oh. Sure, I guess” and resumed studying the list.
 
She looked down at the table and was feeling breathless. She thought, `Just tell him already!' She whispered, “U. Ur, Er. Sempai. I wanted to tell you that. I, Uh, Er. I think you are, very c, cu, cuuu. (She paused and took a deep breath) Courageous and brave.” She sighed and thought, `Wow. Almost said cute. I have to go, I should have said…'
 
With a curious look on his face he looked at her and said, “Oh, why is that?”
 
She said, “Uh, because you have such a great goal and try hard for it. I would never think of even trying for Tokyo University. I am barely passing school right now. I might just quit school and give up. Sniff.” Her eyes started to tear up.
 
Keitaro put the paper down, he held both of her hands in his and smiled at her. She gasped and looked into his eyes. He said, “I know how hard it is to do bad in school. You just have to try your best, no matter what. I've failed to get in to Tokyo U twice, but I know that one day I'll get in.” He grinned, “I don't know you that well, but I bet the same thing applies to you.”
 
Shinobu stared deeply into Keitaro's eyes and smiled. She thought, `Wow! He is so handsome and kind. This feels so surreal, it's kinda like those romantic movies.' Her eyes started to fill up with tears and she thought, `I'm so happy right now!' She said, “Uh, thank you so much Sempai. Sniff.” Tears began to flow and she looked down.
 
He stopped smiling and looked worried. He said, “Shinobu? Are you OK? I didn't mean to upset you.”
 
She sniffled and said, “Sniff…Oh, Uhm, well. I, I'm fine. Huff, snff. Y-You are really are a very sweet man, Sempai!” She jumped up and ran out of the room.
 
Keitaro had a puzzled look on his face and thought, `What was that all about? I was just trying to encourage her and be nice. Heh. I sure have a way of making girls run away. Sigh. Oh well, it's getting kinda late now. Yawn. I think I'll go to sleep soon…'
 
Shinobu ran down the hallway while her tears flowed. She wiped her eyes and thought, `Wow. I didn't think that was going to happen. I didn't think I would ever do something like that. (She smiled broadly) Sempai is such a great man. Huh, Pant, Pant.' She ran up stairs and up to the roof. Once she felt the cool night air she stopped running. The coolness embraced her body, calmed her down and she regained her composure. She took a few deep breaths. Her mind was full of random thoughts and her heart was racing. `What if he thinks I'm too forward? Will he tell the other girls? How old is he? I wonder what will happen next. I hope he is not angry. I will always remember this night.' She climbed onto the roof and sat down in her private spot. She looked out into the dark night sky at the city lights ahead of her. She said softly, “One day Sempai, I hope you sit with me here. And we can, hmmm” She thought, `Talk, hold hands, kiss? Maybe more? I wonder if he would ever think of me in that way…' A slight wind blew her hair, she sighed and she felt that love was in the air.