Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ The Romantic Tales of Love Hina ❯ The Dream ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This fanfiction is based off of the story and characters from Love Hina by Ken Akamatsu.
 
Author's note: So here is the next chapter. Sorry for the delay, but I was really trying to improve my writing and lengthen this chapter. Unfortunately I haven't figured out the secret yet so please bear with me. I will also try to update more frequently.
 
Thanks again to my reviewers; it helps to get an outside perspective.
 
This next character is one of my favorites. I know there are a lot of fans of this girl, so I hope I do her justice. I did start the overall story with the Keitaro/Naru thing as that was my initial intention, but the road might get bumpy pretty soon. Also keep in mind; I'm trying to shape some kind of romantic/dramatic thing here. We'll see what happens…
 
Chapter 4: The Dream
 
A slight breeze blew the young girl's hair and skirt. She paused briefly at the bottom of the stairs and looked up. She thought, `I am almost home. Sigh. Just another uneventful day at school.' She climbed the steps at a steady pace until she reached the top. She looked ahead of her and vaguely saw a boy and girl walking towards Hinata House hand in hand. They paused and embraced. The girl looked at the boy lovingly and said, “Urashima. I love you. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were the one for me.” They seemed to move in slow motion and kissed passionately.
 
The lone girl frowned and thought, `Hmph. That is typical. A young couple in love. Kissing… What a waste of time and energy.' She continued to walk towards the couple. She thought, `They are so busy, they will not notice my presence.' She stopped in her tracks when she clearly viewed the other girl's face. She thought, `W-What?! That. Girl… It's me?!'
 
Motoko Aoyama abruptly awakened and started breathing heavily. She quickly sat upright and shook her head. She thought, `Huh? This can not be!' She looked to her left and saw someone curled up underneath the blanket. She thought, `No! Urashima?' She stood frozen and could not decide what to do. She thought, `Urashima. If it is you, this is the last perverted act you will commit!' She leaned over slowly and grabbed the sheet. She shut her eyes tightly and yanked off the covers. Slowly, she opened her eyes and let out a breath, `Sigh. It is only Su.' She covered the young girl up to her neck and thought, `My thoughts betray me. This weak excuse for a boy arrives and now I dream of him? Men exist only to ruin lives... I am sure that is Urashima's purpose. He seeks to destroy the peace and balance of this dorm. I will not allow this! He shall be destroyed now!' She jumped up and grabbed her sword. The security of her weapon soothed her soul and eased her tension. She took several deep breaths and thought, `Well, he actually has not done anything yet. Maybe I am overreacting. It was only a dream after all.' She frowned and thought, `What did I say to him in my dream? Ah, that does not matter, he is only a worthless Ronin.' She unconsciously smiled, `When I am around him I do sense warmth, goodness and a hidden strength. Just this time, I shall permit him to live one more day.' She shook her head and stopped smiling, `Hmph. Enough about that loser.' She looked at the clock. It was 4:00 a.m. She thought, `Training will help ease this tension. It will clear my mind.' She put on her uniform and went to her usual training area near the roof.
 
Elsewhere…
 
Keitaro awoke suddenly. He just had a shockingly pleasant dream about a girl. He thought, `Sigh. I finally have my first good dream about a girl, and I don't even remember who she is… It must have been Naru.' he smiled. He looked at the clock. He yawned and stretched his arms and thought, `Yawn. Four in the morning? Heh, I'm a little to excited right now. No use in trying to get back to sleep now. Maybe I should walk around and explore a little. Everyone should still be asleep right now anyways.' He put on a sweatshirt and jeans and started his expedition. He wandered several floors and heard stomping and yelling outside. He thought, `Huh? I wonder who that is.' He followed the sounds and found Motoko fiercely practicing her sword arts. She was sweating profusely and her back was turned to him. He slowly approached the roof training area. He paused and remained silent as he stared through the railing.
 
Motoko suddenly stopped swinging her sword and said grumpily, “Urashima. Why do you stand there staring at me?” Although her voice was even, she blushed slightly.
 
Keitaro said, “Uhm. Oh. Well. I, um. Was just checking you, I mean… Checking things out around here. I am a visitor here you know. By the way…” he walked up the steps to her training area, “we have not formally met. My name is Urashima, Keitaro Urashima.” He smiled and bowed slightly.
 
She turned around slowly and said, “I am Motoko Aoyama.” She paused and glared at him, “Now that we have dispensed with the formalities, do you intend to challenge me? If not, leave now. Your presence disturbs me.”
 
He put his hand on the back of his head and said, “Huh? Uh, challenge you? I, uh, said I was just walking around.” He paused and grinned, “Although, maybe I'll challenge you some other day when I am a little less distracted…' He paused, `I think I should apologize Aoyama-San. I had initially thought you were all about violence and anger. I now realize I was mistaken - I sense your inner peace matches your outer beauty. Please forgive me.' He bowed slightly and walked away.
 
She was surprised by his last comment. Her cheeks felt flushed and her heart thumped faster in her chest. She thought, `Hmph. That, boy…' she paused and had a puzzled look, `Wait. Did he just compliment me? I should be angry, or… uh… I am confused…' She regained her neutral look, `Ok. Back to training. What technique was I working on? I now forget.' She drove her sword downward repeatedly and counted, “1. 2…” Frustrated, she stopped and thought, `Whatever Urashima just did was powerful. My mind is now clouded and unfocused. My heart suddenly feels heavy and no longer motivates my movements. Why do I suddenly feel out of control?' She frowned. She stood still for several minutes and she found she could not continue training. She thought, `I should bathe and prepare for school…'
 
She walked to her room with a blank expression on her face. She thought, `My mind and senses are wandering. I usually walk around and can sense the energy and presence of others. A thick cloud now surrounds me. I must regain my focus.' She arrived at her room and collected her bathing products. She thought, `The warmth and comfort of the hot spring will calm me down…'
As she soaked in the hot spring, she shut her eyes tightly and leaned back against a rock. The warmth of the water and the rough connection to the earth soothed her. She said, `Ahhh' and attempted to clear her thoughts. Her heart was another matter. She unconsciously whispered, “Urashima.” She thought, `I have trained for years to be physically strong. My mind is tempered like the strongest steel. My heart has always focused on every swing and movement I made. Is my heart suddenly affected by him? Do I hate him? No. I wish him no harm. I am not sure if I could even lift my sword against him…' She frowned and thought, `Wait. Tsuruko was taken from me by a man. She was my vision of ultimate strength, power and wisdom. She was the ultimate representation of the Gods' Cry School. Before I knew what happened, her moves were dulled, her strength lacking. Was she wise to succumb to a man? Was it wise to entrust me with the continuance of our school and family tradition? Am I to suffer the same fate? Is it my destiny? What of the school? Is it my duty to honor the sword?' Her mind swirled with questions she had no answers for. A gentle breeze blew and she raised her hand to her cheek. She shook her head and said, “The reality of the new morning approaches. No more lingering about.” She finished her bath and quickly returned to her room.
 
As she was getting dressed she thought, `What of my appearance?' She looked at herself in the mirror and said, `I have always felt natural with my hairstyle and dress. I wonder what makeup, stylish hair and clothes would be like. I thought it so shallow and vain of those kind of girls.' She frowned, `What do I know about style? Is it such a waste of time to concern myself with such things? And then there is… Urashima…' She unconsciously smiled, `What would he think? Is he the one causing me to question everything about myself?' Her blank expression returned, `Oh…What am I doing? I always thought myself to be so strong… but, is it not normal for girls to think of these things?' She paused and looked at the clock. She said, `Hmph. All this confusion has caused me to miss breakfast. I must leave for school.'
 
Later on at school…
 
Motoko walked the hallways and closely watched the interactions of her peers. She saw boys and girls flirting, laughing and joking together. She thought, `All this time I have only seen boys as a nuisance. They all seemed perverted and bothersome to the girls.' She smiled slightly. `Maybe I was wrong. Urashima does not seem that bad a person.' She shook her head and stood up straight, `What am I thinking? Mastering the sword and preserving the Gods' Cry School is what is important. All of these other matters are trivial.'
 
Several hours later…
 
The cold air blew fiercely as Motoko arrived at the foot of the stairs to Hinata House. Distracted, she did not even realize the temperature. The wind seemed to howl lightly as if it were trying to tell her something. As she climbed the steps Motoko thought, `I sense something ominous… Arriving home usually calms and comforts me, but I am suddenly uneasy. It must be… Urashima! One of the girls must be in danger…I shall be the one to stop him.' She quickened her pace and unconsciously frowned. She climbed the last steps and stood in shock by what she saw. Ahead of her a boy and girl walked close together. Motoko's cheeks warmed and reddened. Her heartbeat intensified as she stared at the couple. She thought, `Uh-Urashima! I will stop h… Wait. This is just like my dream.' She started to smile, her eyes brightened and she thought, `The sight of him warms me throughout.'
 
Motoko looked down and took a moment to gain her senses. She took a few deep breaths and looked up. She was surprised when she looked at the girl who was with Keitaro. She thought, `Th-This is not a dream. W-What?! Naru?!' She stood with her mouth open. Her heart sank and she stared at Naru with a fierce intensity. Her eyes started to tear slightly and she thought, `What is this feeling? Is it anger? No…' As Keitaro and Naru entered Hinata House, Motoko started crying and thought, `Sniff. Wh-what, is h-happening to me?'
 
Next chapter: Kitsune: Lover or troublemaker?