Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Rose ❯ Fourteenth Petal: Game of Hearts ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter Rose

Fourteenth Petal: Game of Hearts

Love Hina is owned by Ken Akamatsu. All copyrights and legal papers are belonging to him ^_^.

====================================

Fourteenth Petal: Game of Hearts

"How is she?" Vincent asked Shinobu as she and Haruka had moved out of Motoko's room.

"Don't worry. It's just a slight fever." Haruka said in a calm tone, blowing puffs from a freshly lit stick of cigarrette. "I think it's due to exhaustion. Just let her rest for a while, and have her take the medicine regularly. She just went through a lot in such a short time."

"Y-yeah..." Vincent nodded. He had just taken a shower, and was drying his hair with a towel.

"That's good news!" Keitaro said with a relieved smile.

"Exhaustion? Did Motoko eat that and became sick?" Su added.

"No, Su." Shinobu said. "It means she's just very tired."

"Well, um, anyway, I guess everything's okay now." Kitsune said, and for the first time Vincent saw her look very concerned. "I feel guilty about the way we treated her. I mean, she was just trying to fit in, and we didn't give her a chance."

"Just forget about it." Vincent said. "What's important is she's safe."

"True..."

It was about 11:00 in the evening, and they were all in the hallway outside of Motoko's room. Vincent had arrived about an hour and a half earlier, carrying Motoko, who had fallen asleep, and of which both of them were drenched in rain.

"I'll need to go back to the shop now." Haruka said. "I need someone to watch over her overnight or so. She might try to get up and try to something, but will pass out in the process."

"I'm really sorry about this one, but Naru's train comes in at 8:30 in the morning tomorrow. She asked me if I could meet her at the station. But then, it's my job as landlord to see the welfare of my tenants." Keitaro said.

"Don't worry, I'll watch over her." Vincent said. "Naru needs you. And besides, my room's the closest to hers. I won't mind."

"Okay, sweetie, we'll all go to bed right now. That means you two." Kitsune called to Su and Shinobu. "And, oh," She said as they were leaving. "Be gentle to Motoko-chan, okay? She's never... you know..."

"W-w-what are you talking about!?" Vincent blushed in embarrassment.

"Tee-hee. You're so cute when your face goes red like that." Kitsune said mischievously. "G'night, handsome." She then blew him a kiss before disappearing down the satirs.

And with that, she went down the stairs, leaving Vincent staring at blank space.

"Um, well, I need to get some sleep now..." Keitaro said. "I'll be seeing you in the morning, Hiro."

"You take good care of her." Haruka added.

"Alright. Goodnight to you too, Kei. You too, Haruka." Vincent said as he slid open the door to Motoko's room.

Inside, it was very quiet. The window was left open, letting the cool night breeze into the dimly-lit room. In the center of the room was Motoko lying in her futon, wrapped in a blanket, and a small, damp towel applied to her forehead. Also, Haruka and Shinobu had taken off her maid outfit, and dressed her up in a soft, white bathrobe. At her side, also inside the blanket, was Vincent-kun the teddy bear. Lying there on the floor next to her futon was a small basin, which Vincent knew contained some warm water.

He sat himself on her side, looking at her for some period of time.

/She looks so peaceful when she's asleep./

/She's so beautiful.../

/I'm sorry... Motoko... this was my fault./

/If... I hadn't fallen for you.../

/... then, this wouldn't have happened./

/And you'd still be a member of the Shinmei School.../

Vincent's hands reached for the towel on her forehead, and dipped in the basin. After squeezing the excess water out, he once again folded it in two and placed it back on her forehead. After which, something that was glistening next to the basin got his attention. He picked it up.

It was the locket he gave her for her birthday.

/Haruka must have taken it off when she changed Motoko's clothes.../

He opened up the locket, and found that she had kept a picture there.

It was a part of the picture they had taken in that photo booth last Christmas. It was the one where he had hugged her for the first time. He let out a small, forced giggle, and the closed the locket and set it down again on the ground.

"Ohhh... Mmmmm..."

Vincent was startled by the voice. He looked around, and saw that Motoko was the owner of the voice.

"Mmmmmm..." he heard her say. "H... Hiro..."

"I'm here..." Vincent said. But, upon looking at Motoko closely, her eyes were shut.

/She's dreaming.../

For a couple of hours, he would dampen the towel on her head with warm water, and then place it back on her head. As he did, he thought of how he could make things between them right again. He didn't want to lose her, but if he still held on, he might just hurt her in doing so. If he continued this way, she can never focus on becoming stronger. He was just getting in her way.

Vincent looked on sadly. He soon began to feel sleepy. So, he went out of the room, careful not to make any noise, and grabbed a pillow and a blanket. After which he returned to her room. He knelt and lowered his head to hers.

"Good night, Motoko-koishii..." Vincent whispered before giving her a kiss on the lips. It took a while before he had tried to break away from it, but eventually, he sat up slowly. He then set the pillow on her room's floor, lied down next to her futon, and covered himself with the blanket. His eyes kept focus on her, but after a while, his eyes became very heavy, and he had fallen asleep.

========================================

Motoko opened her eyes, and found herself staring at a familiar ceiling.

/My room? How.../

Motoko closed her eyes for a bit, and tried to remember what had happened last night.

"Hiro..." She though out loud.

/Hiro took me home.../

/... in his arms.../

Motoko took off the damp towel that was in her forehead, sat up slowly, and looked around her room. That was when her eyes found something lying down next to her futon. It looked like a crumpled heap underneath a blanket.

When she examined it closer, she gasped a bit. It was Vincent, who was underneath the blanket, and was asleep facing the direction of her futon.

/Hiro.../

She sat near him, and just gazed at him. Memories of the first time she caught him sleeping on the deck flashed before her. Unable to stop herself, she lowered her body, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. As she was slowly rising, he heard groan, and he began to stir. His eyes slowly opened, and he looked at her, with the same caring blue eyes he always wore.

"Ohaiyoo..." Motoko said while forcing a smile.

"Mm... Motoko-chan!?" Vincent sprang up in surprise. "Why are you out of bed?"

"I..." Motoko said.

Vincent put his right hand on her forehead, and his left hand on his own forehead.

"Mmmm... hey, looks like your fever's gone down. You were about 38 or something yesterday."

"Hiro... thanks..." Motoko said. Vincent couldn't make out what her expression was since her hair was again blocking a good part of her face. But, she was smiling, which had a sort of positive tinge to the situation.

"Hey, you know, I kind of looked up about some new anime on the internet lately." Vincent said, changing the topic to lighten the mood. "I kind of ordered the complete works of Rurouni Kenshin. I hope I could be like him. You know be able to use a sword as good as him to protect people. Of course, Kenshin's nothing compared to you, right?"

He looked down at Motoko, waiting for her remark. "Hey, you don't like Rurouni Kenshin, huh?"

"No... It's not that..." Motoko said weakly. "Hiro-san... please don't take this the wrong way, but... I think we should stop seeing each other..."

Vincent's smile faded away quickly, and looked as if he was hit by something heavy. "W-what? I... I don't understand what you're saying..."

"Please, don't make this any harder than it is..." Motoko said. "Hiro-san... you're a very good person... and I love you... but... I don't think I'm the one for you..."

"What do you mean? Of course you are! Don't think about such stupid things!"

"No... it's a lie... all a lie... I can never be anything... Hiro-san... I don't want you to be with a nobody... I don't deserve someone as special as you..." Motoko said, her voice breaking. She was looking at the floor, her hair completely covering her face. Vincent could see tears on the floor.

"NO!!! That's not true!" Vincent said. "Motoko-chan... please... don't do this to yourself... I want you to be happy... that's what makes you special to me... I don't want no one else... I want YOU..."

/DAMN!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GOING TO LOSE HER TOO!!! IT JUST ISN'T FAIR!!!/

Motoko turned her back on him. He sighed and sat behind her. He embraced her tight, and kissed her neck. His kisses began to spread like wildfire, going down to her shoulders, which were a bit exposed due to her loosely fastened bathrobe.

"No... please..." Motoko said, weakly trying to remove Vincent's embrace.

Vincent finally broke off her. "I understand... But... Please remember... I love you, no matter what.... Goodbye, Motoko-chan..." He said. Motoko heard the door slide, and when she turned around, Vincent was gone.

"Please... forgive... me... Hiro..."

===============================

"Ugh, Naru-chan, why did you have to bring so much stuff?" Keitaro was asking Naru as he heaved up a large suitcase up Hinata's stone steps. "I think you brought your whole house here..."

"Oh, don't be so exaggerated!" Naru said, running up the steps. "Besides, who was it who said he'll carry my things and won't let me stress a muscle?"

"Good point..." Keitaro said.

As they got to the top of the stairs, they saw Vincent leaving via the glass door entrance to Hinata Sou.

"Oy, Hiro! Where are you going?" Keitaro asked as he and Naru neared Vincent. He was wearing a red shirt that was black at the collar and at the sleeves, that was quite large for him, and was made of thick material. It was paired with some baggy slacks, and black rubber shoes. He was wearing the chain with the gold cross, and his eyes were hidden behind his pair of cool blue sunglasses.

"Out for fresh air." Vincent said. His voice sounded a bit robotic.

"Is something wrong, Hiro-san?" Naru asked while she examined Vincent's face.

"No... nothing's wrong. I just want to go outside a bit." Vincent said in the same monotone voice. "Kei, please take care of Motoko while I'm gone."

"Okay..."

Vincent nodded and began to go down Hinata Sou's stone steps.

"That's strange..." Naru said.

"What's strange?"

"Hiroaki." Naru said. "If you were telling me the truth about Motoko, he wouldn't just leave her like that. Something's really strange about this..."

"I... see..." Keitaro said. "Well, anyway, he told me to look after Motoko, so I'll do that. C'mon, let's get inside." Keitaro shifted the bag so he can carry it easier, but he fell forward clumsily, and landed in front of Naru.

"GRRR!!! YOU PERVERT!!!" Naru cried as she stood up and sent Keitaro flying towards the inn. There he crash-landed right in the living room floor.

"Is sempai okay?" Shinobu said as she rushed to the impact site.

"Well, judging by the angle and force of Naru's punch, I think she held back." Kitsune remarked.

=============================

Vincent took off his sunglasses. He didn't want Keitaro to see his eyes, which had gone red. A tear rolled down Vincent's right cheek, which he wiped off quickly as he walked away. He can't believe this was happening again.

/Everyone I ever loved... they all leave me.../

/Damn... it's a curse.../

/Damn stupid curse.../

He punched a nearby tree, of which he ended up being more depressed and with a searing pain in his right hand. He walked around, finding familiar places and not so familiar places. He took a ride on the tram and found himself on a more livelier part of Hinata Hot Springs. He walked around, looking for something to take his mind off things. While doing so, he bumped into a lot of people he doesn't know, and he didn't care to know. Finally, one item caught his eye.

It was a jewelry store, where they displayed their collection of prized rings in front; with gemstones of diamond, ruby, emerald, sapphire and many others Vincent didn't know about. It brought back another memory.

It was Valentines' Day afternoon, and Vincent and Motoko were going to Tokyo to spend a romantic evening together, when they chanced upon this jewelry store.

"Kawaii..." Motoko said as she pointed to a ring on display. The whole ring was made of gold, with a heart-shaped design holding a small ruby stone in place.

"An engagement ring..." Vincent said, thinking of the possibilities. "Almost every woman would dream about the day they get one from a person very special to them... because it means that they'll sealed the pact, and will have each other for the rest of their days."

"An... engagement ring, huh?" Motoko said. She was smiling dumbly while gazing at the rings.

"Um, Motoko-chan, are you okay?" Vincent waved a hand in front of Motoko's face.

"Oh, gomen... I was just thinking..." Motoko said dreamily, which was of great contrast to her very serious demeanor.

"Thinking about?"

"Ah, forget it!" Motoko said, shaking her head. "C'mon, let's go already!" She grabbed Vincent by the right arm and pulled him to the bus station.

Back in the present, Vincent was looking at the jewelry store's displays and was looking around for the ring with the heart-shaped ruby.

"Excuse me, sir. Can I help you?"

Vincent looked around and saw a young woman wearing a navy blue coat and skirt smiling at him, and was standing by the jewelry shop's door. She had short brown hair, and was wearing a headset with a microphone.

"Um, uh... well... not really..."

"Oh, I'm really sorry." She said. "I was just intrigued about you looking at our displays. Pardon me for bothering you..."

"No..." Vincent said. "Well, actually, I'm looking for this certain ring... one with a ruby on it, and the part where the ruby is set is shaped like a heart..."

"Oh, that!!!" the saleslady exclaimed. "I'm sorry, sir. But yesterday, a guy with glasses and a van that almost crashed into the store bought it."

"Oh... I understand..."

"The lady who's going to receive that ring is pretty darn lucky..." The saleslady said. "That guy's really cute, and the ring is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. If I had a boyfriend, I'd ask him to buy it for our engagement!" she said, blushing furiously and covering her red cheeks. "Well, anyway, I'm sorry for rambling."

"No worry." Vincent said. "I'll be going now. Thanks for the info."

"The pleasure's all mine, sir. Please come again!"

Vincent's smile quickly melted after leaving the jewelry store. Night had fallen, and he was wandering for hours, looking for a kind or familiar face. He staggered a while, until her found a bar that was called Blue Starlight. Kitsune once brought him to this place when she had invited him for a drink. There, she made him drink until he was too buzzed to stand, and then found his wallet in her room the next day, cleaned of its contents (except for his ID and credit cards).

"Guess one shot won't hurt..." He said, and disappeared behind the door.

=============================

Back in Hinata Sou, Keitaro had just finished helping Naru carry her bags up to her room(without too much clumsiness this time around). He immediately proceeded to Motoko's room.

"Motoko-chan, it's Keitaro. Can I come in?" Keitaro asked as he knocked on the door.

No answer.

Keitaro sighed and opened the door a bit. Inside, he saw Motoko lying lifelessly on her futon, her eyes gazing at the ceiling. Slowly, he opened the door completely, and entered her dimly-lit room. He knelt next to her smiled at her as a greeting. Motoko returned the greeting with a very depressed face. Upon looking closer, he saw her eyes were very red, and that tears have just recently dried up on her face.

"Motoko-chan..." Keitaro said softly. "You feeling better?"

"Hai..." Motoko said weakly as she got up. "Why... why did you come here...?"

"Well, Hiro asked me to check if you're feeling well. I'm really surprised at first. Motoko-chan, did something wrong happen between you and Hiro?"

Motoko just looked at him sadly, tears threatening to flow down her eyes.

"Motoko..."

Keitaro was unable to say anything, because at that moment, Motoko threw herself at him, knocking him down. She was sobbing audibly and she was shaking in his arms.

"I'm... so... stupid!!!" She said between sobs. "I... I let... him... go... just... like... that... now ... he... hates... me..."

"No..." Keitaro said in the same soft tone. "No one hates you, Motoko-chan. We all lve you, especially Hiro..."

"B-but..." Motoko continued. "I pushed him away..."

"I don't think that will keep him away from you.." Keitaro answered. "No... Hiro loves you..."

"But... what's there to love about me...? I'm just a no good, trying hard failure... I have thing to offer him..." Motoko said, hugging Keitaro tighter.

"Listen to me, Motoko-chan!" Keitaro said in a strong voice which made Motoko flinch. "You don't need to be anything! You just have to be you! To tell you the truth, I've missed the old Motoko-chan, even if we haven't seen her for just 2 days. We don't need you to be the strongest, or to be the best. We just love you...that's all."

"Urashi... Keitaro..." Motoko whispered, and she began to nuzzle against his chest.

Keitaro's `strong side' quickly faded, and it dawned on him that he was lying down, and Motoko was on him. And she was enjoying his company.

/GAAAH!!! Don't think about such things right now, Keitaro! She needs you as a friend./

/Gosh, I hope Naru won't see this, else she might think I'm trying to pull one on Motoko.../

He sat up and motioned for her to lie her head on his lap. "Take it easy. Now, why don't we talk things over? I'm sure we'll find very good answers to those problems."

==================================

Kitsune Konno just got out of the press with a fat wallet. She had sold a few good stories, and she was filthy rich alright. Anyway, she was contemplating on just how she should burn her cash. In the end, she decided to think about it over a big glass of martini at the Blue Starlight.

"Hey there, Takiko." Kitsune greeted the female bartender. "The usual."

"Oh, hey Kitsune." Takiko greeted her. "I'll be with it in a moment. Oh, by the way, you're not the one who holds the record for most number of shots drunk in an hour anymore."

"Whadya mean?" Kitsune said, her eyes opening slightly. "Somebody actually beat me? Who?"

"Um, yeah. That person just happens to be... that guy." Takiko was pointing to a figure slumped up on the bar, lazily drinking another shot.

"Okay, I'll be congratulating that guy." Kitsune answered. "He's a hero."

She walked up to the man, and sid, "Hey, heard ya beat my record. Name's Mitsune, but you can call me `baby'. What's your name, sweet..." She was immediately halted when she saw who it was.

It was Vincent. He looked like he had been drinking for hours, and reeked of alcohol.

"H-hey... <hic!> if it isn't <hic!> Kitsune <hic!> So, how's <hic!> everything?"

"H-Hiro? What are ya doing here?" Kitsune said, a hint of worry in her voice.

"What <hic!> does it <hic!> look like? <hic!> I'm <hic!> just <hic!> having <hic!> a <hic!> good <hic!> drink <hic!>" Vincent said, downing another bottle of sake. "Hey, <hic!> bartender lady! <hic!> Gimme <hic!> another bottle! <hic!>"

"Coming." Takiko sighed.

"Where <hic!> did I <hic!> go wrong, Kitsune?" Vincent said. "One day, I had Motoko... I was so happy... <hic!> But, today, <hic!> it's all gone."

"Don't think about that..." Kitsune told him.

"I hate this <hic!> damn life." Vincent sighed. "Motoko hates me, <hic!> my father hates me, <hic!> my stepmother and stepsister hate me, <hic!> and now, <hic!> you guys will hate me too..."

"No one hates you, Hiro." Kitsune siad firmly. "Motoko doesn't hate you at all. She just needs some time alone, I guess."

"Damn, I wish that was true..." Vincent said before his head hung on the bar. Kitsune looked closer and found that Vincent had passed out.

/Okay... so what now?/ Kitsune thought. She didn't want to abandon Vincent, but she doesn't know if she can take him back to Hinata Sou by herself.

"Excuse me, Takiko. I have to make a phone call. Can you watch over sweetie here?"

"Now sweat."

After thanking Takiko, Kitsune went outside and whipped out her mobile phone. She pressed a few keys, and soone enough, the one she was calling picked up.

"Hello, Seta-san? It's Mitsune. No, I'm not asking you out! But if you want to... Anyway, can you pick me up at the Blue Starlight? Why? Well, um, it's kind of a long story..."

==================================

"You feeling better?" Keitaro asked. Motoko was still lying down, her head on his lap.

"Yes... a lot better..." Motoko sighed. "Thank you... Kei..."

"It's my duty as a landlord to see to it that my tenants are well-fed and well-cared for." Keitaro said.

Motoko felt a lot of comfort in her position. Also, she felt a bit guilty. There he was, the man she had learned and loved to hate, caring for her. "Kei... why do you do this...? I mean... I've said and done all those things to you... yet..."

"It's crazy isn't it?" Keitaro said, smiling. "I don't know how to say this, but... I love you."

Motoko's eyes grew as large as saucers when she heard the last remark. "You...love... me...?"

"Sure!" Keitaro replied. "In truth, I love you all! I love Naru-chan, Su-chan, Shinobu-chan, Kitsune-chan, Sara-chan, and you, Motoko-chan. I love you all... for being with me has made me feel very special, with the exception of being blasted away every now and then."

"Oh... I understand..." Motoko's heart rate returned to normal.

"Um, Motoko-chan... you thought... when I said `I love you', I meant it in a different way, huh?"

"Um..."

"I thought so." Keitaro said thoughtfully. "Well, I could have said it that way, but you know about my promised girl, right? And what about Hiro? I don't want to take you from him."

"Hiro..." Motoko said sadly. "I wonder how he feels for me now..."

"He feels the same." Keitaro said. "Well, hurt, but yet the same. You know, I was really happy for him when you told him you love him. When we were younger, he was always a loner, and every kid we know laughed at him, and beat him up. No one considered him a friend, and they'd always make fun of him when he is looking for his sister. I was really happy, now that he has found his happiness..."

"You're right... but... first... I need to talk... to ane-ue..." Motoko said, standing up. "I need to set things right..."

"That's the spirit!" Keitaro cheered her. "The old Motoko is coming back!"

"Hai..." Motoko said, wiping her tears with the sleeve of her robe. "Arigatoo, Kei. If it wasn't you who told me that, I don't think I would do it... I'll be on the train to Kyoto right away!"

"Okay, but first, rest for now." Keitaro said. "I'll help you out, okay?"

"Oh, I forgot... I... don't have a sword..." Motoko sighed.

"Don't worry!" Keitaro said. "I've got the sword part handled. I just want you to rest for now, okay? It's about 8:00 in the evening, so I'll just bring the food up here."

Keitaro returned after some minutes with a tray of food and a long item draped in cloth he slung on his back.

"Here, your dinner. You'll need your nutrition." Keitaro said.

"Um, Kei... what is that?" Motoko pointed to the item wrapped in cloth.

"Oh, this?" Keitaro removed the cloth and lay the item in front of Motoko. "This is a treasure of the Urashima family, the Dark Blade `Hina'. I don't exactly know it's called the Dark Blade, but I think it'll do, huh?"

Motoko took the blade in her hands. She felt an uneasy aura emanating from the blade. Thinking it is because of her sickness, she quickly dismissed the feeling. She unsheathed it, and saw that the blade was abnormally dark-colored. "Well, I guess it's called `Dark Blade' because of the blade's color."

"Kind of." Keitaro said. "Anyway, you should eat. Once you have fully recovered, we can go and defeat Tsuruko!"

"We?"

"Of course! I, Hiro, Minna-san. We will all be there to help you. And a cute girl like you shouldn't wander to Kyoto alone. You might be attacked by perverts and all that."

"The only pervert I know who is foolish enough to do that is you, Urashima, and I don't think you're a match for my abilities." Motoko said, her brave smile returning little by little.

"Haha, maybe so. Okay, so I'll check on the others now, okay? You rest so you can be up on your feet in no time."

"Um, Urashi... Kei..." Motoko said tentatively.

"Yes?"

"Thank you..." Motoko stood up to him and cupped his face.

And she gave him a kiss...

====================================

"Ayaa!!! I need some help here!" Kitsune said as she opened Hinata-Sou's door with one hand and supported Vincent with the other.

"Oh, Kitsune, what happened?" Naru rushed to Vincent's other side and helped Kitsune.

"Found him buzzed at the Blue Starlight." Kitsune told Naru. "He's out cold. Why don't we just let him lie down on the living room couch for a while?"

"Kitsune-sempai, what happened to Hiro-sempai?" Shinobu practically ran all the way from the kitchen to the living room.

"Man, did he get poisoned?" Sara asked.

"Why is Hiro-oniisan knocked out cold?" Su added.

Kitsune related to the what had happened.

"And he was drinking the whole time?" Naru asked.

"Hai." Kitsune answered. "I think it's best we let him sleep here in the living room for a while, and then talk about it in the morning."

"I think so..." Naru said. "I'll talk to him tomorrow. Shinobu-chan, Su-chan, Sara-chan, you can go to your rooms now. I'll just get him a blanket and then be off to bed too."

"Hai." Shinobu, Su, and Sara nodded in sync.

=============================

Vincent woke up that morning, having a big migraine and a major hangover. After he had emptied the contents of his stomach, he went to the living room and found Naru there.

"Ohaiyoo, Hiro-kun." Naru greeted him.

"Narusegawa? But, how did I end up..."

"Kitsune found you and brought you home. Do you remember?"

"Oh, yeah..." Vincent said, taking a seat next to her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Naru asked.

Vincent took a deep breath, and let out a big sigh. "I don't know where I went wrong, Naru. Or maybe I'm just cursed. It's that every time I try to be close and love a person, something always happens that someone takes them away from me. It's just, I'm tired of being alone. But, I don't think I'll ever find someone. Everyone hates me. Sis left me. Anne did too. And Now, Motoko's left me too. I just don't know what to do..."

"Hiro, Motoko didn't leave you." Naru answered. "And we don't hate you. In fact, we were very happy to have you here. You're very intelligent, cool, and handsome on top of that." Vincent blushed a bit when Naru made her last compliment. "Don't beat yourself up for nothing. Listen, Motoko needs you, and you need her. You two are meant for each other, so don't just give up, okay?"

Vincent sighed again and smiled. "Thanks a lot, Naru. You don't know how much that helped."

"Hey, I'm a friend. What are friends for?" Naru said. "Anyway, you should get going and talk things over with Motoko. I heard from your cousin that he'll be coming with her to Kyoto and will help her fight Tsuruko. You should also go."

"Thanks again. But, I think I'm not ready to talk to Motoko yet..."

"It's okay. Take your time, and cheer up for Kami's sake! You'll grow older faster if you don't smile!" Naru said.

"Kei's a really lucky guy... he's got you." Vincent said.

"Are you kidding? Me and that pervert? Not by a long shot!"

"Yeah, right. Well, I'll be in my room, fixing up some things if you need me." Vincent said. He stood up and walked to the stairs.

"Oh, Hiro, wait."

"Yeah?"

"Here's a little something to cheer you up, handsome." Naru said as she moved up to him.

The next thing Vincent knew, soft, warm lips were pressed against his.

Little did they know someone had seen this little event. Motoko was on her way to the kitchen when she saw Vincent stand up, and then Naru standing up too, and kissing him.

He didn't resist.

A tear ran down Motoko's eye as she rushed up the stairs.

=========================

Okay, guys, another chapter done. Sorry for updating so late. I was on a small writer's block for a while, so I had to get rid of it. Anyway, thanks for everyone who reviewed. And um, sorry in advance if this chap didn't live up to the others...

Anyway, after this fanfic, I'm planning on a fanfic about Choudenji Machine Voltes V (Ultra Electromagnetic Machine Voltes Five), the very first anime I've seen (around 1991-1993) and one of my most beloved ones. It's a 70's super robot series with 40+ episodes. But, unlike the super robots before it, it had an amazing story. I'll give an overview to those who have not seen it yet:

Note: This is based on the English dub. I don't know the Japanese names.

Boazania, a powerful military planet who has people that have horns and people wh don't invades Earth with the lead of Prince Zardos, the nephew of Emperor Zambogil of Boazania. All seems lost, until a top secret military force in Camp Big Falcon Island (a small island near Japan which is in the actual shape of a bird in flight, with a building that has a Falcon design) found five promising youths to pilot the five Volt Machines, hulking mobile weapons capable of protecting the world from Boazanian foes. When things take a turn for the worse, these five Volt Machines can Volt In (in a Flying V style of forming together) and create Earth's ultimate champion: VOLTES V!!!

Steve Armstrong, Bert Armstrong(a.k.a Big Bert) and Jon(a.k.a Little Jon) Armstrong are members of the Voltes team which pilot the Volt Crewzer(V5's head), the Volt Panzer(V5's torso) and Volt Frigate(V5's legs) respectively. Their father, Dr. Ned Armstrong, was the one who developed Voltes Five, and was said to have died in an accident more than ten years ago, a few months after Jon was born.

However, during a mission in which their mother lost her life protecting them, she revealed that Dr. Armstrong was indeed very much alive, and was being held a prisoner in Boazania. Not only that, but the brothers are of Boazanian blood, for their father was a true Boazanian, though he had no horns. For in Boazania, having no horns was the sign of a slave.

Thus, with their comrades Mark Hunter (Volt Bomber; V5's Arms and Hands),Jamie Robinson (Volt Lander; V5's Feet; only female member of Volt Team), the whole Earth Defense Federation led by Commander Robinson (Jamie's father) and the staff of Camp Big Falcon, they hope to rid the world of the Boazanian invasion, and at the same time finally be reunited with their long lost father.

The story isn't as deep as Macross, but it is one of the best I've seen so far. One may compare this one to Combattler V (Voltes V and Combattler V are both made by the same person, Tadao Nagahama), but Combattler is a kid flick when compared to the depth of V5's story.

Voltes V's OP theme, "Choudenji Machine Voltes V" is very addictive(esp. because it is played everytime they Volt In), and the ED theme, "Chichi wo Motomete"(I Want Father) is one of the best songs I've ever heard in an anime.

Well, that's all. I'll be back in a few with the next chapter.

=========================

Love Hina © Ken Akamatsu