Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Daddy's Girl ❯ Toshiko's Wish ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Daddy's Girl

By Bekka Mouri-Hibiki

(Lupin isn't mine and neither is the Golden Gun. Goemon volunteers to check on Toshiko while Lupin checks on Fujiko.)

Part Four: Toshiko's Wish

" I think I will go see if Toshiko is ready to eat something, " Goemon said as he stood up. " Fujiko doesn't seem in any shape to do so. "

" Sure, " Lupin nodded. " I wonder why she freaked out when she saw that picture? "

Jigen shrugged, " You got me. I wonder if it is was because she couldn't believe there were two men as dashingly handsome as myself running around. "

" Very funny, " Lupin said sarcastically. " Anyway, Scaramanga isn't this guy's name. An enemy killed him but one his few confidants gained possession of the gun shortly afterwards. "

" What's his name then? " Jigen said, taking out a cigarette and lighting it. " It obviously isn't the midget that was in the movie. "

" Good question, " Lupin said. " Obviously, not many people knew about this guy, even Fleming. All I know is he has a hit somewhere here in Japan and we have to find him before he makes it. "

Jigen growled, " We have a hell of a lot to go on then, don't we? "

" Knowing Lupin, we'll find out what we need to know before too long. It is all a matter of patience, " Goemon commented from where he stood at the counter. He turned around, a tray of food in his hands. " I will go see if Toshiko is hungry now. "

" Good. I'll go look in on Fujiko, " Lupin stood up. " Before I go, I want to hear about this mysterious blanket you found in the woods. "

" Oh yeah. I forgot all about that, " Jigen muttered around the butt of his cigarette. " I think it's just a couple of horny teenagers that are unaware this is private property. "

" Yeesh. Remind me later and we'll set up a booby trap in the spot you found the blanket, " Lupin said. " They need to go find a drive in or a park. I can't have stupid kids fucking around on my land. "

" Yeah. They might end up caught up in something they weren't bargaining for, " Jigen said.

" You say that with an air of certainty, " Goemon commented as he walked to the kitchen door.

Jigen threw his left hand up in the air, " With Lupin, anything is possible. "

Goemon thought it over and nodded once, " Absolutely true. "

" I'll go check on Fujiko now, " Lupin stood up. " When I'm done there, I'll look in on Toshiko. "

" Sure, " Jigen nodded. " Let just finish my cigarette and have another cup of coffee. I'll try to find out some stuff later. "

" Good deal, " Lupin nodded and followed Goemon out of the kitchen.

Jigen put his feet up on the chair Goemon had been sitting in and frowned. He had a burning feeling down in his gut that he knew whom the hit was on. ~Damn it girl. I told you that you don't know when to watch your damn back. ~

Jigen tilted his head back and looked at the ceiling; the guest room Fujiko had most likely gone to was right above him. ~We got to get that gun before he puts a bullet in your little black heart. ~

**

Fujiko lay on the bed in the second guest room, clutching one of the down pillows to her stomach as she laid her head on the other. In her mind, she went through what she knew about the man she had been sleeping with and came up with very little. She had never seen his face clearly for he had arranged to meet her in the woods by proxy. They had met to talk about the Golden Gun but things had somehow gotten out of hand on their first meeting.

She went over the events of that night, wondering how they had went from talking about the gun to rutting like weasels. He was a real smooth talker; so smooth that Fujiko couldn't help but be seduced by him. They had met three times afterwards to do it again but she still had very little information on the gun. All she knew was that he claimed to have the gun and she would get to see it eventually.

~I can't believe he looks like Jigen, ~ She thought to herself as she started to feel sick to her stomach. The only thing that the man didn't have was the fedora but everything else was identical. His voice was different though, smoother and he didn't smell like scotch and bad cologne like Jigen did.

She took a sharp breath, realizing they had a date to meet again. ~How can I screw him again knowing he looks like that? ~ She wondered. ~How can I not let on I know what he looks like now? He said he didn't want me to know what he looked like until I saw the gun. ~

" Knock, knock. "

Fujiko didn't lift her head from the pillow, " Who's there? "

" Me. Can I come in? " Lupin opened the door and poked his head inside.

" I want to be alone for a while, " Fujiko sighed.

Lupin stepped into the room, " What's wrong? You didn't look well when you left the table. "

" It was something I ate last night. It's got my stomach upset now, " Fujiko lied.

" Oh. How was your date last night anyway? " Lupin sat down on the edge of the bed.

" I said I wanted to be alone, " Fujiko didn't look at Lupin.

" Did he take you to some expensive restaurant then some dancing? " Lupin put a hand on her feet. " Did he treat you to something too rich for you? "

" Lupin, " Fujiko growled weakly. " I said leave. "

" I care about you. I want to know if there's anything I can do, " Lupin stroked her feet.

" You can leave, " Fujiko said.

Lupin frowned, " Look baby. I know you and I aren't together right now but that doesn't mean I have to stop caring about you. "

" I'm happy you care but I… " Fujiko said but Lupin cut her off.

" I know. You want to be alone. I'll go but you just remember that you can talk to me any time, okay? "

" I'll remember that, " Fujiko said. " Bye, Lupin. "

Lupin stood up, " I'll tell you the rest of the details on that guy once you feel better, okay? "

" Sure, " Fujiko nodded.

Lupin walked to the door but stopped, " Fujiko? "

" What now Lupin? " Fujiko sighed.

" I love you. "

" Whatever, " Fujiko clutched the pillow tighter. She hated it when he said that to her because it reminded her that he was the only person who ever said it to her and meant it.

**

" I feel really sorry about last night, " Toshiko said as she pushed her food around on her plate with her chopsticks. " I don't know what came over me. "

" It is understandable, " Goemon said evenly. " It is important to have both parents when you are growing up. "

" But I'm too grown up now for it to matter, " Toshiko took a small bite of egg. " I feel incomplete somehow. I hardly ever saw daddy and that hurts. "

" It is not too late. Perhaps you can make up with your father and try to make up for lost time? " Goemon suggested.

Toshiko sighed, " But I'm not a little girl anymore. I've done things that I feel ashamed of and I feel like I'm going to die if he ever finds out. "

" Then you are not as grown up as I thought you were, " Goemon shut his eyes. " In order to be mature, one must accept what they had done and not worry about what others will think, even their own parents. In life, we only move forward so the past is irrelevant. "

" I wish I could believe you, " Toshiko scoffed.

" I believe you can make peace with your past if you try, " Goemon opened his eyes and looked at her. " If you continue to let it hold you back, you will have trouble moving forward and that is against the tide of living if you dwell on the past. "

" Damn. Why don't you just preach her ear off? " Lupin said as he came into the room. He gave Toshiko a kind smile, " Don't mind him. Sometimes I wonder if he's an assassin or a wannabe Buddhist priest. "

" Thank you Lupin. Sometimes I wonder if you are the world's greatest thief or the world's biggest smartass, " Goemon hissed.

" That makes us equal then, " Lupin smirked. He looked at Toshiko, " How are you doing this morning kiddo? "

" Don't call me kiddo, " Toshiko muttered. " I'm not a kid. "

" Okay, " Lupin sat down on the corner of the bed, " Then I'll rephrase that. How are you doing this morning, Toshiko-san? "

Toshiko sighed, " I'm sorry about last night... "

" It's okay. You just had a bad day, " Lupin said. " Why don't you stay here for a few days to get your head together and we'll work out our differences? "

" How can we do that? " Toshiko arched an eyebrow. " You can't give me back all the years I missed with my father. "

" No I can't but I can try to convince you I'm not really to blame. You need to talk to him about it. He's the one that decided his whole life was to chase me all over the place, " Lupin said softly.

" I don't know if I can face him without slapping him across the face for leaving me, " Toshiko looked down at her plate.

" Slap him then. Scream at him and let him know how mad you are at him, " Lupin shrugged. " It worked for me when my dad finally came back for me. You should have seen it. I was eight or nine and I beat the living shit out of him. "

" What? " Toshiko snapped her head up and looked shocked though Lupin wasn't sure if it was at his language or at his admission.

" He was so surprised by my outburst, he couldn't fight back. When he regained his senses, he returned the beating but we both felt better afterwards. I doubt Pops will beat you up but what I'm trying to say is it'll be better to get it out in the open, " Lupin shrugged.

" You beat your father up when you were a child? " Goemon stared at Lupin in disbelief.

" Yeah, " Lupin nodded. " We had a weird relationship. "

" I would say so, " Goemon muttered.

Lupin glanced at Goemon then looked back at Toshiko, " Anyway. Like I said, I want you to stay here for a few days and just relax. Once you feel up to it, we'll move forward. "

" Lupin? " Toshiko said quietly.

" Yes? " Lupin arched an eyebrow.

" Can I ask you to do something for me? " Toshiko's voice trembled a bit.

" Anything, my darling. "

Toshiko blushed a little at being called 'darling'. " When I feel up to it, can you make it possible for me to see my father? "

" Er. Hmmm, " Lupin put his hand on his chin. " Well, we're starting a job right now. Do you know how soon you want to see Pops? "

" I don't know, " Toshiko shook her head. " But can it be as soon as I make up my mind so I can't change it? "

" I'll do what I can, " Lupin took Toshiko's hand in his and kissed it. " I promise I'll do whatever it takes to get you to see Pops. "

" Okay, " Toshiko's blush deepened. " You know, you seem like you are a gentleman after all. "

" My grandfather taught me that it is the best way to be, " Lupin winked at her.

" Don't be so hasty in making such statements, " Goemon said stoically.

" Hush you, " Lupin glared at the samurai. " Let's go and let her rest some more. Are you finished eating? "

Toshiko nodded, " Yeah. I'm not very hungry right now. "

" Goemon, take her tray. I'll be back with lunch and I won't leave until you eat all of it, " Lupin smiled a warm smile.

" Is that a promise? " Toshiko asked, a slight playful tone to her voice.

" You can count on it, " Lupin said.

**

Fujiko rolled her eyes when there was a knock at the door. " Damn it, Lupin. I said go away. "

" I'm not Lupin and I don't go away that easily, " Jigen said after he opened the door. He slipped in the room and shut the door before locking it. " Do you mind explaining what's really going on here? "

" Actually, I do. I especially don't want to tell you, " Fujiko muttered.

" Well that's tough shit because I'm not leaving here until I know what's going on. I don't like it when people lie to me, " Jigen walked around to the side of the bed Fujiko was facing. She moved to roll over but he grabbed her arm, " No. "

" I swear I'll scream for Lupin if you don't get out of here, " Fujiko narrowed her eyes at Jigen.

" You lied to me down there. You're in this up to your pretty little ass, " Jigen said, not letting go of her arm. " Spill it. "

" I don't have to tell you shit, " Fujiko hissed.

" If you don't, you're going to end up dead. "

" Are you threatening me? " Fujiko showed a slight hint of fear.

" It isn't me you have to worry about, " Jigen said. " It's nature boy. "

Fujiko arched an eyebrow, " The Man With The Golden Gun? "

" You know his name, right? " Jigen's tone was serious.

" Well, " Fujiko started. " He's never really told me it. "

" You are a real piece of work, " Jigen stared at Fujiko in disbelief. " You're fucking this guy and you don't even know his name? "

" He really never lets me get a word in edgewise, " Fujiko offered.

Jigen scoffed, " I bet. He probably keeps your mouth too busy. "

" Hey! I haven't done that with him yet, " Fujiko acted insulted.

" This is an all time low for you, " Jigen looked like he doubted Fujiko's words. " My respect for you just went down a few more points. "

" You actually had respect for me? " Fujiko couldn't believe her ears.

" It was already in negative territory so don't get too flattered, " Jigen let go of Fujiko's arm.

" Figures, " Fujiko rolled her eyes. " Are you done abusing me for now or do I have to tolerate one of you tirades? "

Jigen pushed his fedora back a bit so Fujiko could really see the anger in his eyes. " I haven't even started on you yet. If I didn't have a policy against hitting women, I'd slap you for being so stupid. For God's sake, Fujiko! What are you thinking? "

" He said he'd let me see the gun, " Fujiko muttered as she tried not to look at Jigen. He was giving her a look that made her really uncomfortable, like he was really considering a bitch slap just to knock some sense into her.

" So you dropped your panties and said have at it? " Jigen leaned down to Fujiko.

" No! " Fujiko slapped Jigen across the face. " It wasn't like that! "

" That's it! " Jigen growled and jumped on top of Fujiko. He grabbed her shoulders and pushed her down onto the bed before getting nose to nose with her. " Now you've done it! "

" I thought you said you didn't hit women, " Fujiko said as she stared into his eyes. She was obviously scared about what Jigen would do to her next. He looked like he was going to kill her.

" It's different when they hit me first, " Jigen reared back and drew his hand back as if he were going to slap her in return. He hesitated, thinking better of it before letting his hand down to her shoulder again. " Fuck it. You aren't worth it. "

" Please get off of me, " Fujiko whispered. She was still cringing in fear. She knew she had pushed him too far. Jigen was short tempered but for him to be as irrevocably pissed at that moment was a rare sight.

" No! You want to know something? " Jigen leaned back down to her face.

" What? " Fujiko said.

" Forget what I said about you being in this up to your ass. You've gotten way in over your fucking head this time. You want to know why? " Jigen growled.

" Why? "

" Lupin found out that guy is in Japan to do a hit with that gun. You know what I think? " Jigen put a finger under Fujiko's chin. " I think that hit is out on either you or Lupin. "

" No! " Fujiko gasped as she went pale. " Lupin never said anything about that! "

" You left the table before Lupin mentioned it, " Jigen said.

" Oh God. What am I going to do now? It was bad enough he looked like you but now that I know this, I don't know how I'm going to see him tonight. "

" You have another date with him? " Jigen exclaimed in disbelief.

" I've been seeing him almost every night for the last week, " Fujiko muttered.

" Damn. I thought you'd only been seeing him for a day or two but a week? " Jigen shook his head. " I've heard of bad judgment calls but this is ridiculous. "

" Don't you know anything about that gun? " Fujiko countered.

" Yes. It's rumored to be the most precise gun every made. A lot of guns are off by just an infinitesimal amount but that gun is one hundred percent accurate. I've heard all you have to do is point and shoot, no aiming necessary. My Magnum is ninety nine point nine percent accurate but a lot of it has to do with my aim. "

" I know my gun like a woman. Someone else would miss the target but I can always get it. The Golden Gun is foolproof. Anyone can use it, no matter how good or bad of a shot they are, " Jigen said. " No gun has been made since that shoots that accurately. "

" I know, " Fujiko said. " You sound like you want to get your hands on it too. "

" It would be nice to fire off a couple of rounds to see if the rumors are true, " Jigen shrugged. " My concern is that gun being in the wrong hands. It could cause all kinds of problems if a really bad asshole gets it. "

" Exactly. I just want it because it's supposedly made of gold, " Fujiko said.

" Yeah. You'd just turn around and sell it to the highest bidder. You don't give a damn if the next Lee Harvey Oswald gets a hold of it or not, " Jigen narrowed his eyes. " Lupin wants to get that gun off the streets so it can't be used by anyone else. "

" How do you know? " Fujiko said. " Maybe he wants to replace the Walther with it. "

" Nah. He loves that gun too much. I know him too well. He wants the Golden Gun so it doesn't get into the wrong hands, " Jigen shook his head.

" Knock, knock. "

Jigen looked towards the door, " Shit. "

" You'd better get off of me, " Fujiko whispered.

" That's what I'm thinking too, " Jigen nodded and moved. " He'll have that lock picked in no time flat. "

The doorknob rattled, " Fujiko? Why's the door locked? "

" I told you to go away, Lupin. "

" Are you feeling any better? " Lupin called through the door as the telltale scrape of a lock-pick reached Jigen's ears.

" No. Stop picking that lock this instant! " Fujiko shouted.

" Oh poo. You're no fun, Fujiko. I guess I'll finish telling Jigen and Goemon the rest of the plan without you, " Lupin stopped picking the lock.

" Then I'll have to come out of here, " Jigen called.

" Jigen! " Lupin opened the door. He had obviously gotten the lock picked before Fujiko told him to stop. " What the hell is going on? "

" We had to talk about something, " Jigen muttered as he got out a cigarette and lit it.

" What? " Lupin arched an eyebrow.

" Private, party of two. "

Lupin nodded, " I see. Look, if you two are going to have a duel… "

" No. We aren't going to have a duel, " Jigen said " We're actually making a peace resolution. "

Fujiko took a sharp breath and looked at Jigen. He gave a sideway glance and she looked at Lupin. She nodded, " Yeah. We're going to try not to fight any more. "

" Great! I would love it if we all could get along, " Lupin smiled. " I hate to see you fight although your arguments tend to be rather entertaining. "

" Well you can get your shits and giggles somewhere else, " Jigen said. " We are going to try to be friends from now on. "

" It was fun while it lasted, " Lupin shrugged.

" Didn't you say there was more to the plan? " Jigen arched an eyebrow.

" Nah. I just thought it would get her to open the door " Lupin smirked.

**

" What do you mean she didn't come home last night? " Zenigata asked Toshiko's roommate. The girl's name was Minako but that was all he found out.

" She didn't, " Minako replied stiffly. " I know it's none of my business but you have some nerve just calling her out of the blue like this. She's told me that you don't give a rat's ass about her. "

" I do too it's just that I have a job and… " Zenigata stopped, unable to make an excuse for himself.

" Then why don't you just do that job and leave Toshiko alone? It's a little too late for you to be her father now, " Minako said then slammed down the phone.

" You're right, " Zenigata said to the dial tone. " It isn't any of your business. "