Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Daddy's Girl ❯ Coffee And Bickering ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Daddy's Girl

By Bekka Mouri-Hibiki

(Lupin isn't mine. Fujiko corners Jigen and gives him a piece of her mind. Zenigata calls up an old friend that knows how to keep an investigation quiet.)

Part Twenty-Six: Coffee And Bickering

Jigen woke up in serious need of a cigarette. He looked around and found the alarm clock showing it was six o'clock. He frowned for he had only had a little less than five hours of sleep. He also found that he had been holding Toshiko in his arms as she clung to him and carefully peeled her off.

~I hope she can sleep alone tonight. I don't know how much longer I can stand this, ~ He thought as he slipped out of the bed. He reached into his pillowslip and pulled out the condom so she wouldn't find it, ~I can't believe I brought this along… what was I thinking? ~

He slipped out into the hall and quietly shut the door behind him. He made a quick pit stop in the bathroom before going to his room. He ditched the packet in the bedside table then got his cigarettes. He narrowed his eyes, realizing he had left the Magnum in the truck.

He felt like an idiot then he remembered his hands had been a little full with Toshiko. He decided to go down and get the gun then park the truck in the back garage. He thought about where the keys were, remembering he had left them in the ignition. He got a cigarette and lit it before leaving his room.

He got downstairs and could smell the unmistakable odor of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked muffins. He furrowed his brow, wondering who could have been up so early. He was usually the first one up so he turned towards the kitchen. His answer stood in the doorway with two cups of coffee in her hands and wearing a skimpy red nightie covered with a matching flimsy robe.

" Good morning, " Fujiko said stiffly. " Did you sleep well? "

" What the hell do you want? " Jigen growled.

Fujiko acted insulted, " I just wanted to know how your little excursion with Zenigata's daughter was last night. You two were gone until so late and I was so worried. "

" Save it for someone who believes your bullshit, " Jigen walked over to her. " Lupin told me what you thought I was doing with her and I think you're disgusting. "

" Save the gallant yet chaste man of honor act for Goemon, okay? " Fujiko set the coffee cups down on the buffet before putting her hands on her hips. " If I remember correctly, Zenigata asked him to protect his daughter. "

" Well Toshiko wants me to protect her as well, " Jigen countered.

" Oh really? " Fujiko narrowed her eyes. " Are you sure you don't have some other motive? "

Jigen rolled his eyes, " Why do I even bother with you? There's a much bigger picture to this whole thing that you don't even know about. You just want to act like I'm the lecherous old man who will do anything to get into the pants of a sixteen-year-old girl. "

" Lupin told me about the big picture and it makes it even more disgusting, " Fujiko narrowed her eyes. " How could you even think about romancing a girl that's been through everything she has been through? "

" I'm not romancing her! " Jigen growled. He stopped, " Wait. Lupin told you about her? "

" Yes he did. I slapped him for taking those pictures of her. I'm surprised that Zenigata didn't kill you over those. "

" Toshiko told him you took the pictures, " Jigen was clenching his fists at his sides. He wondered how Lupin would enjoy a knuckle sandwich for breakfast. If Fujiko hadn't figured out about the scars on her own then she didn't need to know period. " It's none of your business anyway. "

" If I can keep a poor girl like her from being used as some filthy bastard's sex toy then it is my business, " Fujiko got in Jigen's face.

" You should know a lot about being used like that, " Jigen growled as he stubbed out his cigarette in an ashtray on the buffet.

" Fuck you, " Fujiko hissed.

Jigen stared Fujiko in the eyes for a long moment as he fought the urge to wring her little neck. He then thought of something that would piss her off even more. He sneered, " I think you're mad because I'm paying attention to someone else. "

Fujiko narrowed her eyes, " What do you mean? "

" Look at you. Everyone else around here thinks nothing of me being with Toshiko as her friend but you… you're being driven nuts. I am hanging around someone who is younger and prettier than you and you can't stand it! "

Fujiko puffed up in indignation, " How dare you suggest I'm jealous! How could I be jealous when I don't even want you like that! "

Jigen arched an eyebrow " Want me like what? I was talking about you being all pissed off because you're not getting my attention since I'm friends with Toshiko. This has nothing to do with wanting to get into MY pants… or does it? "

" I never said that! " Fujiko stammered.

" Yes you did. You said you didn't want me 'like that'. I bet you think about me fucking you all the time but you won't admit it. You wouldn't be so damn jealous of Toshiko if that weren't the case. You opened your big mouth and there's no way to take it back. "

Fujiko looked like a raccoon dog trapped in headlights as she stared back at Jigen. She moved her mouth like a fish out of water for a few moments before shoving him to the side and running for the stairs. He quickly caught her around the waist, pulling her to him. She struggled against him but it was useless.

" Let go! I'll scream for Lupin! " She thrashed in his grip.

" Go right ahead, " Jigen whispered in her ear. " I'll just let him know you couldn't keep your mouth shut about what he told you about Toshiko. I know he told you because he wanted you to understand but it seems that it didn't work out that way now did it? "

Fujiko stilled, " He did tell me not to use it against you. "

" And you listened to him just like always, " Jigen hissed. " I'll let this go on one condition. "

" What's that? " Fujiko asked her voice tinged with fear.

" I want you to… " Jigen said slowly.

" Yes? " Fujiko whispered.

" I want you to… " Jigen repeated. Fujiko was becoming tenser in his grip. He knew what she was thinking and he wanted to drag it out as much as possible.

" Jigen, " Fujiko whispered. " Please don't. I can't. I don't want to sleep with you if it's by force. "

Jigen let her go, " Damn. You're sicker than I thought. I was going to say that I'd let it go if you stop being so damn uppity about me hanging around Toshiko. "

Fujiko turned on her heel, " Damn you! "

" I don't know what you had going on in your twisted little head just then but I wasn't even thinking about screwing you, " Jigen sighed. " You need help. "

" You're the one who needs help! " Fujiko crossed her arms over her chest. She looked down and sneered. " You're the one with the problem. I thought the worst because that thing was stabbing me in the back! "

" You wouldn't mind if it were stabbing you somewhere else, would you? " Jigen smirked.

Fujiko huffed and turned her back to him. " God! You're disgusting! "

" You wouldn't have noticed if you didn't want it, " Jigen teased her.

" You just shut the hell up, " Fujiko looked over her shoulder at him. " Don't you think you've done enough for one morning? "

" You asked for every bit of it, " Jigen motioned to the coffee cups. " You were waiting for me. "

" Yes I was. I wanted to talk to you about Toshiko, " Fujiko hissed.

Jigen walked up behind Fujiko again, " Sure. "

Fujiko turned around to face him, " What are you doing? "

Jigen moved closer, Fujiko backing up until a wall stopped her. He smiled at her, the look in his eyes making her wonder just what he was thinking. " So, you said you wouldn't sleep with me if it was by force. "

" Yes, " Fujiko nodded. " I would have to kill you. "

" Does that mean you would sleep with me if you were willing to? " Jigen arched an eyebrow.

Fujiko gasped in disgust, " No! Never! "

" Then why did you jump to the conclusion you jumped to a few moments ago? " Jigen asked.

Fujiko frowned, " Because I wouldn't put something like that past you. "

Jigen rolled his eyes, " Look. I do have some class. I would never do anything like that to a woman unless she wanted me to. I know how to back off when a dame doesn't want me. "

" Then why haven't you backed off of me? " Fujiko arched an eyebrow.

Jigen smirked, " I think you want it. "

" Oh please, " Fujiko said sarcastically. She gasped when Jigen reached up and brushed the back of his hand against one of her breasts. He brushed the other one and she shut her eyes, " Stop it. "

" If you didn't want it so bad then your nipples wouldn't be this hard, " Jigen teased her. " Are you sure? "

Fujiko nodded, " Yes. Please stop it! "

" Okay, " Jigen backed off.

Fujiko leaned against the wall for a long moment before opening her eyes. Jigen was smirking at her and she glared at him. " You are such a bastard. "

" Hey, " Jigen put his hands up. " You said stop so I stopped. "

Fujiko growled and pushed away from the wall, " I'm going to burn this nightgown now. "

" Oh shut the hell up. You don't have to burn it just because I touched you, " Jigen scoffed. " You're too damn dramatic. "

Fujiko turned to leave but stopped. She chewed her lip for a moment then looked at Jigen. " If I said yes, what would you do? "

" Yes to what? " Jigen arched an eyebrow.

" Don't be so dense. If I said yes to you and I… you know. "

Jigen's eyes went wide, " You mean you and I getting it on? "

Fujiko nodded, " Yeah. "

Jigen furrowed his brow then smiled, " I'd tell you you're desperate and say that you're crazy. "

Fujiko growled in anger, " Damn it! I was just offering myself to you! "

" I think I'll pass, " Jigen waved his hand. " There was a day and time I would have taken you up on that but I've got someone looking up to me now and I have to set a good example. "

" Oh how noble of you! " Fujiko flounced over to the buffet and grabbed up one of the coffee mugs. She glared at Jigen, " What lessons have you taught her so far? Did you show her the proper way to drive and shoot at the same time? "

Jigen narrowed his eyes; " I pushed her down in the floorboards so she wouldn't see that! Now, if you don't mind, I need a cup of coffee. "

" I got one for you, " Fujiko held the cup in her hand out to him.

Jigen sneered at it, " I'll pour my own. There's no telling what could be in that crap. "

" You actually think I would try to poison you don't you? " Fujiko hissed.

" I wouldn't put it past you but I prefer getting my own coffee. The one you have in your hand is probably cold and certainly not strong enough for me, " Jigen walked into the kitchen as he heard Fujiko stomp upstairs. He stopped when he saw Goemon at the counter. He frowned, " What in the hell? Why are you up this early? "

" I am always up at this time, " Goemon said without looking away from what he was doing. " How late did the two of you arrive home? "

" Late enough, " Jigen muttered as he reached for a mug in the dish drainer. He glanced over to see what Goemon was up to and found he was mixing up another batch of muffins. " Oh. I didn't think Fujiko had it in her to bake. "

" I cannot imagine her cooking, " Goemon replied stiffly. " Even if she did cook, I probably would not eat it. "

" I hear you on that, " Jigen muttered as he poured himself some coffee and took a sip. He grimaced and poured it out. He dumped out what she had brewed and started a new pot. " She can't even brew decent coffee, " He motioned to the coffee maker.

" I told her she was making it too weak for you, " Goemon said as he started pouring the batter into a muffin pan.

" So are those for breakfast or part of it? " Jigen glanced around to see if there were any ready. He had missed dinner the night before so he was a little hungry.

" Part, " Goemon replied sharply. " Didn't the two of you eat when you came home? "

" We didn't, " Jigen sighed. The coffee started trickling down into the pot, " She passed out on the way home and I was too concerned with getting her to bed to think about eating. "

" Really? " Goemon arched an eyebrow, his tone slightly suggestive.

" Not like that, " Jigen glared at him. " You didn't expect me to leave her in the truck did you? "

" No. I know what you meant, " Goemon handed Jigen a pair of oven mitts as the timer on the stove started to buzz. " If you could please take out the first batch of muffins so I can put this one in I would appreciate it. "

Jigen put on the mitts and did as he was asked. " These look pretty good, " He muttered then set the pan on a cooling rack. He turned back to the coffee pot and waited until it was almost full before taking the pot off the burner and shoving his mug quickly under the stream of coffee. He narrowed his eyes at the sound of Goemon making a derisive noise, " Is there a problem? " He asked as he put the pot back.

" Would it not be easier to eat the unbrewed coffee right out of the can and not bother with water at all? " Goemon gave Jigen a sideways look.

Jigen thought about it then smirked, " That's something I've never thought of. "

" I was joking, " Goemon frowned. He watched Jigen turn to leave. " Where are you going? "

" I'm going back upstairs before Toshiko wakes up. She doesn't know I'm gone, " Jigen said.

" It didn't bother her yesterday to wake up alone, " Goemon pointed out.

" She wasn't shot at the night before though, " Jigen narrowed his eyes. " I think yesterday scared her. I don't think she realized the lengths a wicked man will go to once he's cornered. "

Goemon frowned, " You sounded like me for a moment. Please don't do that again. "

Jigen laughed, " I did. I think I scared myself just then. "

Goemon reached over and took two muffins out of the pan on the rack and set them on a plate. He held the plate out to Jigen. " Perhaps she would enjoy seeing the sunrise from the roof. "

Jigen blinked then smiled, " Yeah. She might. Thanks for suggesting it. "

Goemon went back to what he was doing and didn't say another word.

**

Toshiko rubbed the end of her nose as she yawned then rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. She could smell freshly baked muffins and her stomach was gnawing. She tried to remember if she had eaten anything after she came home but didn't even remember coming home. She recalled that she had fallen asleep in the truck then woke up in her own bed.

She blushed, remembering what happened when she went to change into her pajamas, recalling how Jigen looked. She realized she was alone, looking at the spot Jigen had been in when she had went back to sleep. She felt a surge of panic and jumped out of the bed. She dashed to the door, flinging it open to a very surprised Jigen.

" Jeez, " He muttered. " Are you okay? "

Toshiko felt a little embarrassed, " Yeah… " She murmured as she looked down at her feet.

He stepped aside, " I won't stand in your way if you have to go that bad. "

" That's not it, " Toshiko frowned. " I woke up and you were gone so I freaked out. "

Jigen laughed, " You can't freak out every time I have a cigarette and a cup of coffee. "

Toshiko narrowed her eyes, " It's not funny. It was a shock. "

" I'm sorry, " Jigen sighed. He then smiled, " Come with me. "

" What? " Toshiko furrowed her brow.

" Come with me. I want to show you something, " Jigen pointed towards the end of the hall. She looked out and saw he had opened the French doors that led out to the balcony.

" Okay, " Toshiko let Jigen take her by the hand and he took her outside. She saw there was a ladder that led up to the roof. " Where are we going? "

" Up, " Jigen pointed. " The sun will be coming up before too long and I thought you'd like to see it. "

Toshiko took a sharp breath, " Jigen. "

" Goemon suggested it. He's all into that nature crap and he thinks you need to see it, " Jigen said. He had been thinking about it himself but Goemon gave him the push he needed to carry out the idea. " Do you want to? "

Toshiko hugged Jigen, " I would love to. "

**

Zenigata waited patiently as he listened to the phone ringing. After about six rings, the person he was trying to reach picked up. " This better be good. It's barely seven o'clock. "

" This is Koichi Zenigata. "

" Zenigata? " The man replied. It took him a moment then he sounded happy to hear from the ICPO officer. " Koichi! How are you? "

" I've been better, " Zenigata muttered.

" Yes. I saw the papers. You probably know how lucky you are to be alive, " The man's tone became solemn. " At least the man who shot you won't be a taking up space in a prison. "

" I heard about that, " Zenigata nodded. " I called you because I need a favor Kagehiko. "

" Sato Kagehiko is at your service, " The man replied. Kagehiko was a man that had worked with Zenigata before the ICPO got a hold of him. They had often teamed up on cases for the Tokyo Police Department that did not involve Lupin. Though those cases had been few and far between, they did work well on the cases they had worked on as a team.

" Do you remember my little girl? " Zenigata knew that it had been at least thirteen years since Kagehiko had seen Toshiko but he hoped the man would remember.

" Toshi? "

" No, that's my ex-wife. My little girl is Toshiko, " Zenigata frowned slightly.

Kagehiko chuckled, " Oh yes. I remember now. She was such a cutie. I couldn't believe it when I found out she was the one that climbed Tokyo Tower. "

" That's my baby, " Zenigata said with a strained chuckle. " I should say Toshi's baby. Do you remember how she could climb? "

" Yes I do. Didn't the neighbors always call her first when a kitten would get stuck in a tree? " Kagehiko sighed. " The firefighters thought she would put them out of a job doing that. "

" Ah, it gave them more time to do their real job. Now, back to Toshiko. "

" What about her? Shouldn't she be about sixteen by now? " Kagehiko said.

" Yes. She is. Look, I need your help with something that involves her but we need to keep it very quiet. She's in danger, " Zenigata said quickly.

" Slow down, " Kagehiko said. " Just calm down and tell me what the trouble is. I've heard Toshiko's been having problems. Toshi really pulled quite a hat trick getting her such a lenient sentence for trespassing. "

" I know. She told me, " Zenigata nodded.

" Oh? You're speaking to Toshi again? " Kagehiko asked. " I heard her new husband is the jealous sort and has quite a temper. Do you know he runs one of the most well behaved High Schools here in Tokyo? "

" He seems like he has an iron rod shoved up his ass, " Zenigata muttered. He realized something then sat up in the chair he was in. " Wait. What do you know about him? "

" Ever since he took over Ninomiya Sontoku High, truancies have dwindled and test scores have gone through the roof. I've heard he rules those kids with an iron fist and even the smallest infraction against the rules is handled harshly, even things that happen outside of school. I know corporal punishment isn't too uncommon but even tardiness is handled like a severe infraction, " Kagehiko said. " Mr. Takahashi is very insensitive from what I've heard. "

" He is downright cruel if you ask me, " Zenigata said sharply. " My sixth sense went crazy the instant I first saw him. "

" If I remember correctly your sixth sense is hardly ever wrong, " Kagehiko intoned quietly. " Koichi, please tell me that you aren't thinking what I think you're thinking. "

" I'm not thinking it, " Zenigata looked at one of the pictures. " It's already happened. "

Kagehiko groaned, " Koichi… what did he do to her? "

" I want you to come over to my place and I'll show you. I have proof but I have to have your word you'll keep this as quiet as possible. "

" You have my word. Actually, I've been investigating Ryousuke for almost a year now. There have been rumors of severe abuse occurring at his school but the kids are so frightened they won't speak up. We have a few undercover officers posing as students but they can't get any of the real students to confide in them. "

" He has them so scared they probably can't, " Zenigata sighed.

" We are thinking about having them misbehave on purpose but we'd be walking a fine line. That could be construed as entrapment, " Kagehiko sighed. " What kind of proof do you have of what Ryousuke has done to Toshiko? "

" They're photos, " Zenigata glanced at one of the pictures again. " Someone has taken Toshiko into hiding and they refuse to let her go until her safety is assured. They sent my ex-wife a letter with two pictures and the letter implies Ryousuke is involved. "

" Do you have an idea who sent the letter? " Kagehiko asked.

Zenigata looked over at where he had hidden Lupin's letter, " No. They didn't sign it. They assured Toshi that Toshiko is safe though and they would keep in touch with her. "

" Could it be friends of hers? " Kagehiko said.

" I don't know, " Zenigata muttered. " I haven't seen her in twelve years so I don't even know what she's really like now. All I remember is the teary-eyed little girl begging me to come home soon. "

" Oh, " Kagehiko said. " I see there really isn't much to go on. "

" Are you coming over or not? " Zenigata said sharply. He felt like he was going to start crying. His pain meds had kept him emotionally numb but they were starting to wear off, his emotions bubbling up like boiling water.

" Yes. I'll be over there as soon as I can. Tell me where you live, " Kagehiko said.