Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Lurker of the Universe! ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lurkers of the Universe!

A Fanfic by Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

Chapter 6

Thoughts are in italics while speech is in normal fonts. Spoke thoughts between people is in " " and italics. Any speech between Adyen and his current host is always done in thought, and any action that says Adyen did only means that he was in control of the body, so I will still be using she instead of he. All characters when not in whatever other form they can be in shall be named with their 'current' name.

From now on, every major plot that happens from a fanfic out there will be a modified version of it. This is now officially an original work of fanfiction (which is actually an oxymoron, but then again…), however, the original idea was a spin off from 'The Immortal Series' that can be found at http://kitsune.anifics.com/ or http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quasar/6189/, though 'Immortal's Lament', the prologue, is better viewed at http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quasar/6189/ because it is in html format.

Some fan works that really influenced me when writing this is 'Soul Mates', which can be found at http://www.moonromance.com/l/soulm.htm (I prefer direct links rather than the general site), and 'Yeild Unto Thyself', which can be found at http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Fuji/1844/works/yutmp.htm though unfinished. YUT only gave me the idea of… interesting things happening.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

"It all started, or will start, twenty thousand years from now." Elios stated. "The Federation was at the pinnacle of its expansion and Crystal Tokyo was still the Eternal City. A beauty unmatched in the entire Universe. Exploration was at a height and all races, with a few exceptions, lived peacefully with each other.

"However, that peace was shattered when a race of aliens breached a dimensional barrier for a few short moments, and started attacking any life they come upon. Race after race fell under the onslaught of the aliens as they had superior attacking and defending capacities than anything we could build in the short time. Magic was completely ineffective against is, and by the time we managed to find something that WILL hurt them, we did not have enough forces to fight them back.

"The first thing that we did was to deposit Usa into the Time Gates in order to safeguard her. She was the first priority to the King and Queen, not to mention my own. We soon found that it was not the smartest thing to do, as the alien race finally reached our solar system. The first thing they did was to destroy the Time Gates because they had been unable to use it. Afterwards, they just razed the system, planet by planet. I fought, but one man can only do so much, even if I did have certain advantages.

"Soon after the destruction of Crystal Tokyo, Pluto and I left the galaxy to train ourselves and to become stronger. While I cannot say that I was completely proud of my actions then, it was the only thing that we could have done under the circumstances. Ragnarok has happened, and the Twilight was upon most of existent, though no doubt that there were some places that managed to hide from the destruction, it was not enough to prevent us from seeking revenge.

"When we returned, we eliminated whatever was left of the alien from our Universe, and gathered all the remaining races together into a relatively young system. We left them because we did not feel the urge to join them… and we were lucky to do so, as soon after, we managed to find the Nan Ban Mirror when searching the area around the Solar System. Soon afterwards, we were never sure about this part; on weather the Nan Ban Mirror created or not, a Temporal Vortex connected to the destroyed Time Gate opened up and spitted Usa out."

Elios took a deep breath and concluded by saying, "And the rest, as they say it, is History. We transported ourselves back to the past, and you can ask Usagi about details on what happened afterwards."

For a moment, the room was silent except for the occasional sound from outside. A while minute afterwards, Adyen finally said, "I'm glad that you have been so honest with me."

Elios nodded slightly to acknowledge the compliment. "Since you were so honest with me, I'll be bluntly honest with you as well. Your version of the future, the one with Crystal Tokyo and later Starfleet, is at best, is not going to happen within five decades, if it happens at all."

Adyen can actually see Ikuko's and Setsuna's muscles beginning to move as Elios and Usa started their protest. "Hold it!" she roared to calm everyone down. "I mean what I said, but let me explain why."

The three sat back down, each glaring at Adyen like she was a raccoon that was making a mess of their backyard.

"With Ikuko here alive," Adyen pointed out, "she will become Queen instead of Usagi. That will be one of the three main deciding factors that will prevent the true Crystal Tokyo from appearing. Not to mention that she will have to find a consort… or would you rather keep your current husband?" Adyen jabbed slightly, part of her lips twitching upwards as Ikuko flushes slightly.

Inside, Usagi was setting off fireworks telling her not to continue the line of thought she was having, so she continued her analysis. "Second main factor is that soon after the year two thousand, weather it is ten or twenty years I'll have to recheck my sources, there will be a great natural disaster that will completely ruin, if not sink, a part of Japan. There are also a few other elements that will cause this, but there is no way to change this outcome."

Cutting off any interruptions, she forged on ahead. "Third, the current style of fighting I am teaching Usagi," this got a perk from all four occupants of the room, "What I am teaching her is a mixture of three schools of fighting arts: The Hokuto Shinken, the Nanto Seiken, and the Tenchi Seiken."

"The North Star God Punch, South Star God Punch, and the Sky Earth God Punch?" Elios asked, a questioning look on his face.

"Basicly." Adyen answered. "And to be perfectly blunt about it, both the Hokuto and Nanto Seiken are nothing more than an assassin's art."

"WHAT?!" The four occupants of the room yelled together.

"As some of you may or may not know," Adyen plowed on, perfectly able to ignore them completely, "the Art a person performs shapes his or her own personality… or rather, you would only choose that type of Art if it fits you. However, Usagi's personality fitted best with the Masteries of the Honkuto Seiken, which is actually very close to your own form of Art, 'Elios'." Adyen punctuated the name Elios especially for his discomfort.

"How?" he asked, eyes narrowing.

"The Ultimate Mastery of the Hokuto Shinken is the ability to reproduce any skill, technique, or attack that the user has seen preformed. It is best if used against the practitioner, but even seeing and analyzing it would more than likely work. I believe your own form of Art is to incorporate any skills, technique, or attack into your own style as long as it works…"

Usa, who had calmed down quickly, asked "You only talked about two schools. What about the third, the Tenchi Shinken?"

"Ah yes… the Tenchi Shinken…" Adyen repeated. "This is actually a form that I helped develop, and refine. Usagi is the first practitioner of this form of Art.

"The Tenchi Shinken's aim is actually very simple: To be able to win without causing crippling damage, yet inflicting the maximum damage without being fatal." Adyen explained as she brought out the vase that she had grabbed from the side of the table. "Watch." She placed the vase in the center of the table, and brought her right hand up, with the index finger pointing towards the vase.

Adyen's fingernail had just touched the face of the vase when suddenly cracks appeared across it, seeming to shatter but miraculously held together.

"What I have just shown you was one of the Masteries of the Tenchi Shinken." Adyen explained. "If you leave the vase there, nothing will happen to it. However…"

Moving her mouth down, she blew at the vase, which suddenly broke apart and shatter into many pieces. "… when any force is applied to the near destroyed pieces, it shatters. This technique was to be used on bones… and the enemy will shatter them all by causing more stress on the bones than they can handle at the time."

"The Hokuto Shinken is the Art of using one hundred percent of their body, while the Nanto Shinken is the complete harness of inner bodily energies, something that most Chi users cannot do because if they did, it would mean harnessing all their life-forces."

"If I were to use the same vase, the Hokuto Shinken would be able to grind the vase into dust by just putting it between my palms, while the Nanto would had just pierced through the vase, without breaking it. *That* is how powerful the techniques I am teaching Usagi.

"Now if you excuse me…" Adyen said, looking at the stunned audience. "I have some people for Usagi to befriend…"

Leaving the front door, she left the others to ponder on what she told them, all except Usa who had watched Adyen exit the house.