Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Endless Love ❯ An invitation and Secret Spies ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N(karu-14): Hey there! I hope you liked my first two chapters of my fic!I haven't rewritten my 1rstchappie yet, but I will soon enough. So please read it again when I do! Ok, enough of that, I think I'll give them one more day of peace and then…well I won't give you any more spoilers. Well, here's chapter 3! I hope you like it! By the way sorry for the long update! I've been busy doing some things.
 
Disclaimer: Ya know what? I don't own Rayearth. But I do own Leon Kennedy. I know he's not here in this fic, but it's just a reminder. So if anyone tries to steal him, I'll send a regenerator or a U3 out to get you.
CHAPTER THREE: An invitation and Secret spies...
 
Hikaru Shidou strolled with a quick pace towards her classroom. She was so eager to see her first friend today and wanted to thank him again for all the things he did for her yesterday. She was so surprised of how he was treating her so nicely. And so because of that, she owed him a lot, so she decided to give him with an o-bento full of delicious delicacies that she cooked just for him. `I'll give this to him later at recess. I hope he will like it'
 
When she finally reached her classroom, she scanned the room in search of Lantis. Alas, he was not there yet. All that she saw was some of her classmates chatting with their companions and some, decided to do `last minute answering' their home works. She sighed and made her way towards her seat. She sat there, waiting patiently for the arrival of her friend. After a few minutes, she got bored, so she took out her `Artemis Fowl' book and began to read it. She looked up from her book to see if Lantis has arrived. But instead, she saw the discourteous boy who bullied her yesterday walked towards her and halted to a stop right in front of her desk.
 
“So red, what were we doing last time before Lantis rudely interrupted us?” he mockingly thought and said, “Oh that's right, we were having a conversation yesterday…now, shall we continue? You still haven't paid me yet.”
 
“I owe you nothing!” Hikaru spat.
 
“I know, and yet, I still want you to pay. You know the rules around here. You pay and we'll save you from total humiliation by locking you in your locker. You're rich, I know you'll give me some.” He said mockingly.
 
“I only offer money to those who truly needs it! And you don't!” Hikaru yelled at him as she got up from her chair.
 
“Well then, I guess I'll just have to take it by force!” He said, his fists ready to meet her. Hikaru closed her eyes and shielded her face, preparing to block his punch. But then, suddenly, out of no where…
 
A hand blocked the boy's fist. Startled, the boy looked up only to meet Lantis' fuming amethyst eyes. He grabbed the boy's fist and roughly pushed it out of the way as the boy stumbled back.
 
“How dare you try to hit a girl! Especially those who can't fight back! Have you no manners or shame!” Lantis shouted, not noticing Hikaru's hurt look on her face.
 
“Why do keep on interrupting u—” The boy started but was cut off when Lantis shoved his fist close to the boy's face.
 
“If you even try to hurt or come close to Hikaru again…I swear to kami-sama that you're gonna get it! Do you understand?.” Lantis threatened him coldly as the boy backed away from Lantis' fist and death glare.
 
Just then, the school bell rang and their teacher walked in. “What's going on here? Lantis! Are you picking up fights again!” The teacher asked.
 
“No ma'am, I was merely—” Lantis explained but the teacher cut him off.
 
“Enough excuses! Go to your respective places now!” The teacher scolded as Lantis and the boy went to their seat. “Good!” After that, their teacher proceeded to her usual tasks.
 
The class went on and on and some of the students started dozing off because of their teacher's dreary lectures. Yawning, Lantis glanced to where Hikaru sat. He frowned at what he saw. Hikaru was staring blankly at her notebook as if she's thinking hard about something and she looked like she's gonna start to cry any minute. “I wonder what's bothering her?” He asked worriedly to himself. Just then, Hikaru glanced at him. He was surprised at first but regained his composure and he whispered “Uh, are you ok?”.
 
Instead of responding, she returned her tearful gaze back to her notebook and started to jot down some notes on her notebook. He wondered why she acted like that but decided to think about it later. What would you expect from a person whose attention dropped down to 50 because of drowsiness?
 
The school bell finally rang after a while, of which seemed like forever for some dreary students. One by one, the students walked lazily out of the classroom. Hikaru immediately ran out, carrying her lunch box including the o-bento that she was `supposed' to give to Lantis. The sound of her clanging utensils inside her lunch box can be heard echoing in the silent halls. She prolonged running and burst out of the door. Seeing that she was in the `school garden' she ran towards the far left corner of their garden in which a bench lay. She sobbed quietly, trying her best not to attract students into approaching her.
 
`So that's what he thinks of me? A mere girl who can't defend herself? Was I a fool to think that he was defending `coz he liked me and because he's my friend…(sighs) I guess not…' Her tears slowed down a bit. She wiped it with her long sleeve. When she finally stopped crying, someone tapped her shoulder from behind. She turned her head to the left and saw Lantis.
 
“Hikaru what's wrong?….why are you crying?” he asked when he noticed Hikaru's swollen red yes.
 
She looked away from him and said, “Please, leave me alone Lantis…”
 
“But Hikaru—” he started but was cut off when someone growled from behind.
 
“Grr!… How dare you make my cute little imouto cry!” that someone shouted to him. Lantis turned around, and almost immediately dodged an unexpected punch.
 
“You must be the boy who kept on bullying my sister! I'll teach you a lesson for doing that!” the person, who is Masaru, shouted as he threw another punch at Lantis.
 
Fortunately, Lantis has quick reflexes and dodged Masaru's punch yet again. “What are you talking about? I'm not a bully! I was the one—” Lantis explained quickly, but again, he was cut off when Kakeru laughed mockingly at him.
 
“Hahaha! You think I'm gonna fall for that `act'? Acting as if you're innocent will not help you get out of this one!” Masaru spat as he dashed towards Lantis. Before he even got close to Lantis, Hikaru got in front of Lantis and spread her arms apart, making Masaru halt to a screeching stop in front of her.
 
“Hikaru, please let me handle this myself—” Lantis started but was cut off `again' by Hikaru.
 
“NO! I'm tired of you always pushing me aside in my fights thinking that I can't handle it myself! So please, let me handle this, and let me talk to my brother.” Hikaru said to Lantis, who was seriously shocked by what Hikaru said. Hikaru faced Masaru and said, “Please, onii-chan, he was not bullying me. In fact, he was the boy I was talking about yesterday. Don't you remember? You told me you saw him with your own eyes.” Hikaru explained.
 
“Oh, that was him?” Masaru asked and began to eye Lantis. “Hmm…right. Yup, He's the guy I saw yesterday.” He scratched his head and said, “hehehe…sorry buddy, I didn't recognize ya. Will you accept my sincerest apology?”
 
Lantis nodded. “It's alright, sir…” he paused when he didn't know his name.
 
Masaru held out a hand in sign of friendship and said “Masaru. Masaru Shidou. And you must be…um…car name guy…umm…Toyota Altis?”
 
Lantis sighed but took Masaru's hand and replied, “No, my name is Lantis Mckailu. But you almost got it…I think.” He sweat dropped.
 
Masaru sweat dropped too. “Hehe, sorry about that. I didn't quite catch your name when Hikaru told us about you.” Remembering what Hikaru told them last night, Masaru continued. “Oh, that's right. I want to thank you for protecting her from a bully yesterday and for giving her ride home. I am in your debt.” He bowed.
 
“No problem. It's my pleasure. If I have to keep on protecting Hikaru from harm…I'll surely be there to do it.” Lantis replied.
 
Masaru stood up straight again and balled his hands into fists, “Grr…I'll surely do something about that boy. I'll teach him a lesson for doing that to my cute little imouto.”
 
`You're right. She is cute…' he thought. “That is no longer necessary. I already took care of him earlier today.” Lantis said.
 
“Really? What did you do to him?”
 
“Nothing. I just threatened him. I told him, that if he bullied Hikaru or even come close to her, I'll beat him up.” Lantis said coolly
 
“Wow…you'll do that for my sister? I'm totally impressed. Say, have you got any plans later for this weekend? Because I was hoping if you would like to have dinner at our house this Saturday night. You know, just so we can know each other better. You can bring your family along too. I'm sure Satoru won't mind. Right Hikaru?” Masaru asked Hikaru. Seeing her nod, he then said "See?"
 
“Really? Thanks! Maybe, I can also ask my mom to bake something for dessert.” He replied. `At least this way, I can get to know Hikaru and her family better.”
 
“No prob! It's the least `we' can do for you for always taking care of Hikaru and for getting rid of that bully…” He stopped when he recalled something. “By the way…” He turned to face Hikaru. “Why were you crying a while ago?”
 
“It doesn't matter anymore Masaru-niichan. It nothing serious.” Hikaru then looked at her watch and pretended to be shocked. “My gosh! Masaru! You must hurry or you won't be able to eat your lunch. Remember, Satoru-niichan made your favorite.”
 
Masaru also looked at his watch. “Oh that's right! I better eat it now.” He turned to look at Lantis. “Hey buddy, We'll be expecting you…oh let's say…7:00? We still need to prepare and everything.” Lantis nodded. “Ok, good. You remember the way to our house right?” Seeing Lantis nod again, he continued. “Excellent! Don't forget to bring your family along, ok? Ja ne!” He, then, ran as fast as he can towards the school cafeteria.
 
After Masaru left, a deafening silence enveloped the two. The only thing they could hear was the birds chirping above a tree. When Hikaru shifted uncomfortably from where she was standing, Lantis decided to break the silence.
 
“So…uh, Hikaru. I was just wondering…if I was the reas—” He stopped and decided to change the subject. “Um… I was wondering what dessert you want me to bring this Saturday night? You can tell me your favorite flavor of cake.” He asked nervously.
 
Hikaru glanced at him slightly and turned her attention towards the floor. “Anything would be fine.”
 
“But I wanted to—” He was cut off (again) when Hikaru handed out an Obento. “Umm…is this for me?” He asked. Seeing Hikaru nod, he took the obento into his hands. “Thank you very much.”
 
Instead of replying something like `you're welcome' , she turned around to leave and said “I hope you'll like it”. The tone in her voice had a little touch of sadness in it. She then proceeded to leave the area.
 
After Hikaru left, Lantis stood still in his place staring at the obento Hikaru gave him. `I think I now know why she's acting like this. I've got this weird feeling inside of me that it's my fault... Maybe it's something I've said? Hmm...' he mussed. Then after thinking for quite sometime, his thinking light bulb lit. 'Oh no! Now I really know why! Argh! Stupid me! I should have picked my words carefully before saying something! Nicely done Lantis, tell a girl she's weak and defenseless why don't ya! I knew I shouldn't have said that.' he scolded himself. `(sigh) I really have to make amends with her…but what should I do? It must be something romantic at the same time saying that you're sorry…hmm…this is hard…I've never done this sort of thing before…I guess I'll just have to ask mom…” he thought. Afterwards, he strolled towards the school cafeteria…but unbeknownst to them all…two pairs of watchful eyes saw every thing that had occurred…
 
--Shiroshidou Spy-
 
`Hm, that kailu boy better stay out of Hikaru's way…Or both of `em will be in serious trouble.' The spy smirked and proceeded to contact Lexufira headquarters. After several seconds, someone answered the phone.
 
Mystery woman's voice: Yes? What is it Ryuki? I'm quite busy here.
 
Ryuki: M'lady, I've just seen Hikaru and her brother Masaru converse with a Kailu boy. Apparently, they seem to be all getting along well and also have planned to have dinner at Shidou's place. What would you have me do?”
 
Mystery woman's voice: (sigh) I'm sure It's Masaru who invited him right?
 
Ryuki: Yes, good guess m'lady.
 
Mystery woman's voice: That goody goody family of Genrou Shidou is starting to irritate me. They knew very well the consequences when they disobey family rules. That's the reason why He and his wife Serena died in the first place. They became friends with that Zagato McKailu. Now, they left their two kids behind with Satoru to take care of them. (sigh) They'll never learn. Well, just follow them. Don't let the Shidou siblings out of your sight. Investigate on what they are going to do on that `Dinner party'. After you've had information of who those Kailu's are, do a family background research, then report to me all of those. Understood?
 
Ryuki: Yes…Lady `Debonair'.
 
Lady Debonair: Good. Carry on.
 
Then both of them hung up.
 
-Kairutomihon spy-
 
`Tsk tsk tsk, (sigh) Lantis shouldn't have accepted that Shidou boy's invitation. He has put himself and that girl in serious danger.' The spy sighed deeply again and began to dial Le Crusades Illuminados headquarters…
 
Spy: Monsieur?
 
Mystery man's voice: Yes? Is there a problem Monique?
 
Monique: Actually yes sir, Zagato-sama's son, Lantis, has just recently made friends with two Shidous. I've also over heard them planning dinner at that Shidou girl's house. Umm...so, what would want me to do about this sir?
 
Clef: Hmm... (sigh) of all the girls Lantis could've been friends with, why did it have to be a Shidou? Well...I guess it can't be helped. he's just a kid. Well, just keep an eye on him. Keep him safe no matter what. You'll never know what those Shidous will do to him. Do you understand Monique?
 
Monique: Yes sir.
 
Clef: Very well then.
 
Then both of them hung up.
 
--McKailu Residence--
 
It was already late in the evening and Emeraude is already done tucking Mira in her bed. Mira is now sleeping like an angel. After she checked if Mira is surely asleep, she then went Lantis' room. She soundlessly opened the door and found Lantis lying in his bed and staring at the ceiling. `He seems to be deeply thinking about something.' She mussed. She observed the look on his face while he was staring at the ceiling. `Oh my, I know that look…' she then one by one observed his look. `…eyes staring at only one place as if he's in a trance, his expression seems to be peaceful, lips curved into a smile, and his mind is certainly thinking about something…scratch that, someone…' after this, she was unsure if she felt happy about what she had just realized. `No, I can't jump into conclusions. I'll have to consult him about this.' She knocked softly at his door as to catch his attention.
 
“Lantis, are you alright, sweety?” She gently asked.
 
Lantis snapped out of his thoughts and hurriedly sat up from his bed. “I'm perfectly fine mother.”
 
Emeraude slowly walked inside and sat beside his son. “You seem to be mussing about something. Is there something wrong? Is there anything I can help you with?”
 
Lantis shook his head. “Nothing's wrong mother, although…” he then decided to share what he was thinking about. “Umm, mom, If dad did something bad to upset you, what did he do to make up for it?”
 
At first, Emeraude was surprised, but she didn't reacted obviously of it. “Uh-well, he…gives me gifts like flowers, chocolates or jewelries and tells me how sincerely sorry he was for doing something bad. Sometimes, he takes me out on a romantic dinner and after that we'll go sightseeing places that has romantic views. But often times, his apology, hugs and kisses are enough for me to forgive him.” When she said this, he noticed Lantis' face show scarlet blush.
 
`Hugs a-and kis-ses?' thought Lantis.
 
“Is there something wrong with what I said?” Emeraude asked.
 
“Um, uh nothing! Hehehe…” Lantis said as he laughed nervously while scratching his head.
 
“Well, I think there's an issue to discuss about behind this question. Well, what is it?” Emeraude gently asked.
 
“Well, remember the girl that I told you before?”
 
“Yes, It's Hikaru right?” Emeraude answered awkwardly. `Oh no, please say it isn't so'
 
“Well, I said something bad to hurt her feelings, and I want to make up for it.” Lantis said as he looked down at his hands.
 
“Oh, well, why don't you just simply say that you're sorry?” Emeraude asked hoping that Lantis will do only that.
 
“But, it's not enough. I know that a sincere apology is already sufficient to make her forgive me, but I want to do more than that for her. I want to give her a gift that she can really cherish. To let her remember that no matter what, whether she's in trouble or not, I'll be there just for her.” Lantis said as his voice started to soften down.
 
Emeraude was stunned. She has been waiting all this time to hear those words from his son's lips. She wanted her little boy to grow up saying that he's caring for a special someone. Emeraude wanted to cry with joy. She also knew that if Zagato was still here to hear those beautiful display of words, he'll hug Lantis with pride and joy. But, beyond this wonderful feeling that she was sensing, a fact made her feel down. The fact that Lantis' very first `puppy-love' was a Shidou. `Oh Lantis, I don't know what to make of this.' She wanted to say that, but something in her heart made her not to do so. “I'm so happy to hear that Lantis.” Was what she said instead.
 
“My boy…is starting to grow up.” Emeraude couldn't suppress her feelings any longer. The fact that his son has just loved a girl is already enough to make her feel great.
 
“What do you mean, mom?” Lantis asked.
 
“You'll understand soon enough my son. But now, I've got to give you tips that you have to do to make her forgive you right?” Emeraude's eyes twinkled with mischief.
 
Lantis noticed this and began to blush harder. “Mom…Thank you.”
 
“Think nothing of it. I'm sure, if your father Zagato were here, he'll be the one helping you out on this. I'm sure that he'll be so proud of you.” Emeraude said.
 
Lantis could only nod at this. `Hehe, I think she got it. I guess mothers know best…'
 
After talking to his son and tucking him to bed, Emeraude went to her room feeling happy and proud. She went to her vanity table and sat on her chair. She looked up at the dark skies through her window and began to think of her beloved husband. `Zagato ,my love, your little boy is growing up. He has finally felt what we felt for each other. Love. I'm sure that you're so proud of him. He never showed signs of liking girls before, but now…' Emeraude's smiling face turned sad. `But, why a Shidou? Why is it that a person would always love someone who isn't rightfully for them. Someone who's against their family's will…' with that Emeraude realized something. `Just like Romeo and Julliet…Just like…Crystal and Oliver…' Emeraude put her hands together and started to pray. `Oh Kami-sama, please don't let their fate be a cruel one…don't let a tragedy just like Crystal and Oliver's repeat with both of them on their point of view…please kami-sama…' she finished her prayer. She stood up and mussed once again.
 
`I know that this'll become dreadful one day, but I just can't help. For the happiness of my child, I'll do whatever it takes. I'll just have to let them be for now.' She looked up the sky once again, smiled to herself and said, “I just can't believe it, my child…in love…”
 
Author's notes: Chapter 3 done! Sorry for the long wait! I had a writer's block of how I would start this chapter. Fortunately I finally thought of it! Hurray for me!
 
Just a reminder...Lantis and Hikaru are 12 yrs. old, Mira is 9, Masaru is 14 and Satoru is 20.
 
Hehe, you already know what I'll say right?
 
REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, OPINIONS, PRAISES(ahehehe), will be very much appreciated! Please! I'm very sorry if I have grammatical and typographical errors. If I do have some, can you please tell me? I'll surely fix it for you. Constructive criticism is also welcome here, but please be gentle.
THANK YOU FOR READING! AND PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW!