Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Eldest ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Eldest Brother
I don’t own Negima.

As soon as they had put Brent down in the bed and left he had woken up. He had only pretended to be wasted; now he only wanted to visit the hot springs. Suddenly his phone rang and he groaned… only one person had his cell number and he wasn’t Brent’s favorite person. He flipped it open.
“What the hell do you want Averus?” He grumbled angrily.
“Little brother… is that any way to behave? You should respect your elders.” A cold emotionless voice answered.

“Yeah the last two people to tell me that weren’t anywhere near my age… you’re right though… so as soon as your respectable I’ll respect you.” Brent said.

“Typical… you should know there’s trouble in Kyoto and I know you’re there now… Falco is too. He got hired out as a mercenary for the troublemakers. I suggest you speak with your sensei about it. I don’t believe Falco fully understands there goal though since he wouldn’t have joined if he had.” Averus said.

“Sounds just like the Dumbass.” Brent said “Wait how do you know I’m in Kyoto?”

“I’m psychically connected to you both… which brings me to what I‘ve been sensing from you recently.” He said.

“Screw you!” Brent shouted angrily.

“I’m glad you found someone… is she human?” He asked.

“Yes!” Brent shouted angrily “She is human!”

“Figures… you’re pathetic. You should find a strong mate and produce many offspring…” He said emotionlessly but Brent could make out the disgust in his voice.

“You shut the Fuck up!” He shouted again.

“I’ll be at your location soon… be on guard they’re after one of your classmates.” Averus replied before hanging up.

Brent hung up the phone and fished out his bathing suit from the backpack He threw on his bathing suit and walked down to the hot springs. He noticed it was a mixed bath and seriously hoped it was empty. He entered and saw Negi chatting with his ‘pet’ Ermine Chamo. He jumped into the waist deep area and lay down in the water before floating over to Negi who hadn’t noticed him.

“Those girls are really naïve sometimes.” He said.

Negi jumped as did Chamo.

“Hey what’s the big Idea?” They shouted.

“Just having a soak… you better be washing or I’ll get one of the girls… maybe Asuna to come and wash you.” Brent said smiling sinisterly.

Then they heard water splashing and went to investigate. They found Setsuna… naked pouring water over herself emotionlessly. Negi turned away but Brent gawked for a few minutes as she washed herself. Negi grabbed him and pulled him back.

“I think she’s a spy from the Kansai magic association here to hurt Konoka!” Negi explained.

“So are they the problem makers my brother mentioned?” Brent asked.

“Yes!” Negi said.

Suddenly a nearby lantern shattered and Setsuna attacked chopping a large stone in half before bringing her sword down on Brent. He pulled out one of his throwing knives from his pocket and blocked it. He noticed she was still naked and as soon as she backed off he got out and dashed back to his room. He passed a surprised Asuna and Konoka before dashing up the stairs. When he reached his room he found a note pinned to it. He pulled it off and opened it.

Hey Bro!
How ya doing? I know you’re here with so many lovely human chicks… do any of them yet? HaHa! I doubt it your luck at love really sucks! But anyway how about you come by the Kiyomizu temple? I want to speak to you on behalf of my employers. They say they need one of your girlfriends help with something. No idea what it is but it’s supposed to be important.
Get your but over here Shrimp!
See ya, Falco.
P.S. Come as Kaore please.

‘Bastard.’ Brent thought.

A half hour later Brent was sitting atop the grand pagoda at the Kiyomizu temple in his battle gear as Kaore waiting for his brother customary grand entrance. Instead he heard an explosion and turned to see a large kanji made of fire near the Hotel he made to leap towards it… but was stopped by several big monkeys and bears. They looked like stuffed animals and when he landed on the second tier of the pagoda surrounded by the absurd things he face faulted.

“What the hell are you freaks?” He asked.

“They’re onmyou.” A mysterious voice stated.

Brent looked up to see a woman with long green hair wearing a Kimono and vest and holding a Nodachi. She looked down on Brent coldly smirking. She pulled several slips of paper from a pocket and threw them into the air where they exploded and several cuddly bats appeared. They looked harmless but Brent knew better… they could be quite dangerous.

“Who are you and where’s that bastard Falco?” Brent growled.

“I am Desera and Falco is currently on another assignment.” Desera said.

She made a motion with her hand and all the bears and monkeys sprouted large claws from their paws while the bats opened there mouths. The bats attacked first by spewing balls of fire at him. He leapt to his right dodging five fire balls but not the two foot claws of the monkey onmyou. It tore through the muscle in his left arm rendering it useless and he only just managed to dodge the next slash at him. He landed on the ground and clutched his arm feeling some kind of goo that burned his hand. He began feeling strange and his vision got blurry. He shook his head and his vision cleared a bit. Brent leapt into the air revealing his wings made of fire and shadow. His life was action packed… but he hadn’t just fought his way through history he had researched magic intensively even if he couldn’t use much more than illusion spells to age himself he still had learned many things. He reached a point above the five bats and banished his wings allowing him to fall. He flicked his right wrist extending his most precious blade… and fell onto one of the bats. He stabbed it and wasn’t surprised to hear it screech in pain… but Desera was.

“How could they feel pain? They’re from another realm!” She shouted.

‘Time to see if my training has been any use.’ He thought.

A second later he was stabbing another bat, then another, and another soon all the bats were gone. A monkey leapt at him and he only just managed to dodge the claws but was hit with a powerful strike to the chest. He felt his bibs crack and the shock damaged the interior of his lungs minutely. Brent landed but was in no state to do anything else but tremble on the ground.

“They could feel pain because my blade doesn’t strike flesh… but soul. That’s pretty much all they are if I remember what I read about Eastern magic… those talismans pull the demon into this realm and binds it too you.” Brent said painfully.

“So you are intelligent... still your dead. I’m going to kill you now.” Desera stated.

“Yeah, I bet you’ll try… but I should warn you… you should never… threaten me… when my big brothers nearby.” Brent said as he started to black out.

“If he wants to get paid he will.” Desera smirked before waving her hand.

“Not talking about Falco… Bitch.” Brent coughed.

The twenty monkeys and bears all leapt at him… but hit a wall of solid shadow. A figure landed in front of Brent. The man was the same height as Brent was and dressed all in black. He wore a cloak over a simple shirt and jeans; his hair was jet black in color and stood at 5 foot 9 inches tall. He turned to look calmly at Brent revealing cold blue eyes.

“Little brother… are you alright?” He asked in a near emotionless voice.

Brent however could hear a hint of concern in his voice. He smirked and laughed painfully.

“About damn time you got here Averus… Falco left me a note asking me out here and when I get here I find this Bitch. Plus I think my Classmates are in trouble.” Brent explained.

“Enough talk. You both are threats to my employers plan and must be eliminated.” Desera shouted.

She flung up more slips which exploded revealing more monkeys and bears. Averus glared at them as they charged him. He whispered a spell under his breath and healed Brent who promptly vanished into the shadows.

“Now I’ll take care of you before going to find him again.” Averus said.

Brent had arrived at the place he had seen the fiery kanji and found Negi, Asuna, and Setsuna fighting what looked like two of the same stuffed monkeys… but he could tell these were the demon familiars used by eastern mages instead of onmyou spirits from before, although there were a lot of smaller cartoon like monkeys running around as well. They stood only half as tall as the ten foot monkeys. He saw a woman dressed up like one of the monkey’s who seemed to be in charge… and she was holding an unconscious Konoka.

‘No!’ Brent thought.

He leapt off the balcony he was standing on and flicked his right wrist extending his blue blade and landed on top of one of the smaller monkeys stabbing it in the head. He spun around quickly to face the woman. His eyes flashed in anger and concern as he saw the unconscious Konoka in the monkey ladies arms.

“Yo! Monkey lady! What are you doing to Konoe-san?” He shouted angrily.

The woman merely smirked choosing to ignore him as she threw a slip of paper at him. He pulled a throwing knife from his shoulder holster and flung it at the slip, shredding it. He then leapt into the air and threw his remaining 14 knives at the monkeys, each one scoring a hit between the eyes. They dispelled and Brent felt something stab him through the back. He looked down and saw a sword protruding through his chest. He could feel that it had pierced the lower part of his right lung. He turned to look behind him expecting to see a monkey with a sword… and gasped painfully. Setsuna had plunged Yunagi into him, not knowing or not caring that he was there to help. She pulled the blade out of him and spun around preparing to finish him off. He ducked under her strike, turned and hit her in the chest with an open palm strike sending her skidding back to Negi. Brent realized that this had only taken ten seconds when he felt several monkeys land on his back and start clawing at him.

‘I’ve had enough of this!’ Brent growled.

“Infernal Spirit!” He shouted as he was covered in the shadow fire, incinerating the monkeys.

However he failed to stop them from injuring him as his left arm once again hung nearly useless. He turned to look at Setsuna who was charging at him again.

“I’m on your side Sakurazaki!” He shouted angrily.

She must have believed him cause she changed her course and leapt at the head honcho in the monkey suit. Brent leapt ahead and used one of his swords to clear a path before being attacked by one of the jumbo monkeys. He felt one slash him across his chest and finally collapsed to his knees in exhaustion and waited for the big monkey to behead him… but it never came. The monkey vanished in a puff of smoke and Setsuna walked over with a now conscious Konoka. She looked worried as she approached and when she was five feet away she bowed.

“I am sincerely sorry, Kaore-dono. I had thought that you were here to help the enemy. Are you seriously injured? Do you need medical help?” She asked her voice full of concern.

“He will be fine. I’ll make sure of it.” Averus said walking out of the shadows but still using them to hide his identity.

The entire group tensed until Brent waved them down weakly.

“Don’t worry…-cough- He’s my brother.” Brent said coughing up a little blood.

“I’ll take care of him.” Averus said letting Brent lean on his shoulder.

Negi Springfield-san. My brother will be fine though he will still have some bandages in the morning. Don’t worry as he’s already come up with an excuse your students will believe.’ Averus said telepathically to Negi ‘I will be staying with you for now as my brother and I need to find and stop Falco.’

They all returned to the hotel to find an injured Brent and being introduced to his almost identical twin brother Averus. When asked about his injuries he told them that he had been taking a bath when he was swarmed by snow monkeys who thought he was a banana.