Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Free Day ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free Day: Songs from the Heart
I no own Negima or the songs.
Song lyrics.
Chinese
This is supposed to be a funny/romantic chapter.

Brent stirred in his sleep and yawned. He was having a nice dream involving video game tournaments, Pizza, Game Fuel and his two Great Girlfriends.

(A/N: yes there are such things as video game tournaments.)

As he woke up he kept his eyes closed enjoying the warmth of his Futon. The texture of the blanket, the warm breeze on his face, the weight of his comforter, the soft feeling of his pillow, the smoothness of its skin… SKIN!? He felt Ku Fei’s weight on his left arm and realized he had turned over in his sleep… and that she must have purposely climbed over him so she could be in his arms. Next thing he realized was that she was snuggled up close to his chest and that he had his arms around what he assumed was her waist. He realized exactly how close she was when she shifted in her sleep and her breasts pressed into his chest… they weren’t the largest but they were definitely noticeable against his chest. He could feel her chest rise and fall against his chest with her slow breathing. He noticed she had her arms around his neck. He risked cracking his eyes open and saw that her nose was less than an inch from touching and that she was definitely still asleep. He could tell she was dreaming because of how rapidly her eyes were moving beneath her eyelids. Suddenly her face scrunched up and she moaned. He saw a tear form in her eye and her breathing became shallow and rapid. She moaned again and she began to cry. Brent fully opened his eyes and saw that she had let her hair down and that she was covered in sweat. She started to mutter in Chinese and Japanese.

“Noooo.” She moaned in Japanese.

She pulled him closer to her and sobbed in her sleep.

“Please… don’t… hurt… him.” She sobbed in Chinese.

(A/N: Yes he speaks twelve languages... two of them are extinct.)

He couldn’t stand to see her like this as she squeezed him to her tightly and start to shiver and squirm. She pressed her face into his neck

“Brent-kun…. Nooooo… pleeeaaassseee… don’t die.” She moaned.

“I… won’t…” she said as her nightmare started getting worse.

Brent couldn’t take seeing her in such agony and thought desperately for someway to soothe her. He could only think of a song… it wasn’t a lullaby but it was soothing. He started to hum.

(A/N: This version of ‘over the rainbow’ is by a man named Israel… his last name is hard to remember for me since its Hawaiian.)

Ooooo oooooo ohoohohooOoooo ohooohoo oooohooOoooo ohoohooo oohooooOohooo oohoooho oooohoOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo oooooo
Somewhere over the rainbowWay up highAnd the dreams that you dreamed ofOnce in a lullaby ii ii iiiSomewhere over the rainbowBlue birds flyAnd the dreams that you dreamed ofDreams really do come true ooh oooohSomeday I'll wish upon a starWake up where the clouds are far behind me ee ee eehWhere trouble melts like lemon dropsHigh above the chimney tops that’s where you'll find me ohSomewhere over the rainbow bluebirds flyAnd the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I? i iiii
Well I see trees of green andRed roses too,I'll watch them bloom for me and youAnd I think to myselfWhat a wonderful world
Well I see skies of blue and I see clouds of whiteAnd the brightness of day
I like the dark and I think to myselfWhat a wonderful world
The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the skyAre also on the faces of people passing byI see friends shaking handsSaying, "How do you do?"They're really saying, I...I love youI hear babies cry and I watch them grow,They'll learn much moreThan we'll knowAnd I think to myselfWhat a wonderful world (w)oohoorld
Someday I'll wish upon a star,Wake up where the clouds are far behind meWhere trouble melts like lemon dropsHigh above the chimney top that's where you'll find meOh, Somewhere over the rainbow way up highAnd the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I? I hiii?
Ooooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo oooooo


As Brent sang he slowly stroked her hair. She quickly calmed down, her breathing returned to normal and she stopped crying. She smiled in her sleep and loosened her grip on him but still kept her face in his neck and cuddled up close to him.

“Thank you… I love you Brent-kun.” She whispered in her sleep.

Brent smiled, kissed her on the forehead and fell back asleep. He didn’t notice the two smiling faces looking towards him.

“He’s good for her… don’t you think?” Chao asked.

“You’re right… he is good for her.” Kaede replied before turning over and going back to sleep.

The next morning Ku Fei woke up and yawned. She felt Brent close to her and snuggled up to him enjoying his warmth. She remembered her dream… it had started out as a nightmare of Brent being tortured with her being powerless to stop it… until someone started singing and she woke up in her dream… at least she thought she had still been dreaming. She assumed that she had awakened to hear Brent singing something that sounded like a lullaby to her. It had sounded nice and she thought that he had a great voice. She kissed him and jerked when she felt him kiss her back. She broke the kiss and saw him smile before she sat up and saw the room was empty.

“Brent-kun!” She said excitedly “You need to go back to your room and get ready for date today!”

Brent stood up and left the room heading for his own. He found it empty as well and quickly changed into a black hoodie and tan cargo pants. He put on his backpack and slid his skateboard into its space before heading downstairs while slipping on a pair of sunglasses. He walked into the place that had been their dining room, found his group and plopped down in an empty spot on the bench at their table. He was immediately bombarded with questions… most from an angry Ayaka who had been worried about him getting in trouble, though he was sure that she was only worried that he’d get Negi in trouble. He explained what happened and they decided that he hadn’t done anything wrong. As they walked towards a tall hill overlooking the city Kazumi walked next to Brent with an arm wrapped around his chatting away.

“That was a sweet thing you did Brent-kun.” She remarked.

“What was?” Brent asked.

“Singing a lullaby to Ku Fei to help her sleep.” She said squeezing his arm.

As they climbed up the hill Brent put his ditching plan into motion. Step one: Bug the class rep.

“I still don’t see why we have to do what you say rep…” Brent groaned.

“Because I’m the group leader and am responsible for you. The others may have let their groups split up but I won’t let that happen. We’re going to cinema village.” Ayaka stated bluntly.

“Should be fun right Chizu-ne?” Natsumi asked.

“It should since it’s so popular.” Chizuru replied.

Brent grumbled to himself as he leaned on the guardrail next to Kazumi and looked over the city… time to implement phase: two… suddenly he shouted.

“CLASS REP! LOOK THERE’S NEGI-SENSEI KISSING NODOKA-SAN!” He shouted pointing up the hill.

“WHAT!” She shouted turning to look.

Brent laughed loudly as he whipped out his skateboard, hopped the guardrail, and sped off down the hill.

“I’LL CATCH YOU AT CINEMA VILLAGE AROUND THREE!” He shouted at the furious Ayaka.

He glanced back and saw that Ayaka was the only one that was angry… Kazumi was laughing and Natsumi and Chizuru had big smiles and were waving… Chisame and Zazie even had small smiles. Brent waved once before turning a corner and vanishing from sight. He was on his way to a Karaoke bar where he would be meeting Ku Fei… plus he had promised the cheerleaders he would be there to spend time with them. He wanted to get to know each of his angels by spending a little time with them. It was quite memorable when he spent the day with Chizuru… despite his height the little kids loved him. He also managed to spend half of a day Hakase and a whole one with Chachamaru… without Evangeline around. Despite Hakase having declared to have ‘sold her soul to science’ she was actually quite nice… she only was interested in science. He had pointed out that if she had done so she would have done something really stupid… he referenced the Umbrella Corporation, Union-Aerospace Corporation, Weyland-Yutani Corporation, and several other stupid groups who experimented on humans. He reasoned that she may have devoted her life to science she hadn’t sold her soul to it. He walked into the bar and saw the three cheerleaders chatting animatedly at a table. Brent walked over to them and was greeted by Madoka’s husky voice.

“Brent-kun! You’re here!” She said happily “You’re up next now that you’ve arrived!”

“Yeah show us what you’ve got!” Kakizaki shouted excitedly as she pushed him towards the stage.

“We can’t wait to hear you sing!” Sakurako said as she pushed him too.
He got up onto the stage and selected a song from the selection.

(Hello Beautiful by the Jonas Brothers.)
Hello beautiful hows it going?
I hear it’s wonderful in California.
I’ve been missing you its true.
But tonight I’m gonna flyyyyy.
Yeah tonight I’m gonna flyyyyy.
Cause I could comb across the world
And see everything and never
Be satisfied if I couldn’t see those eyes.
Hello beautiful it’s been a longtime.
This is the third time you’ve been on that line.
I’ve been missing you its true.
But tonight I’m gonna flyyyyy.
Yeah tonight I’m gonna flyyyyy. Ohhh yeah.
Cause I could comb across the world
And see everything and never
Be satisfied if I couldn’t see those eyes.

By the end of the song the cheer leaders were in tears. They thought he would choose a song that was more energetic… not a love song like that. It made him seem so sweet but they had seen the video of him fighting both Sakurazaki and Ku Fei. He was strong and tough. They expected him to choose something from rock and roll not that. He climbed down off the stage to give the next person a go and wandered over to their table and sat in an empty seat.

“Brent-kun that was great! I didn’t know you could sing so well!” Madoka said.

“I like your voice Madoka… its cool.” Brent said.

Madoka blushed and the other two cheerleaders giggled.

“Brent-kun likes you Kugimi!” Sakurako teased.

“He wants to kiss you!” Kakizaki said as she poked Madoka in the arm.

“Don’t call me that!” Madoka said angrily.

The cheerleaders continued to chat as Brent went up to the bar and got some soda while waiting for his turn again. He wondered when Ku Fei was going to get here cause if he wasn’t careful Sakurako and Kakizaki were going to force him to kiss Madoka. He heard them yelling at him again and groaned because it meant that it was his turn again. He didn’t really want to sing but he had no choice.

(When You Look Me in the Eyes by The Jonas Brothers.)

Ohhhhooo yeah ohhhh yeah
If the heart is always searching
Can you ever find a home?
I’ve been looking for that someone.
I’ll never make it on my own.
Dreams can’t take the place of loving you.
There’s a million reasons why it’s true.

It was at this moment that Ku Fei wandered in wearing her usual Chinese outfit but this time looking uncomfortable with make up and a purse over her shoulder. She looked around the bar and saw the cheerleaders looking up at the stage with a dreamy look in their eyes. She turned to look at the stage and Brent’s eyes met her own. He started singing to her it seemed.

When you look me in my eyes.
And tell me that you love me.
Everything’s alright
When you’re right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes.
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I’ve found my paaaraaadise.
When you look me in the eyes.

She thought it looked like he was making subtle motions with his hands and she started to walk towards him. The cheerleaders were confused about the way Brent was acting now and turned to look where he was looking. When they saw Ku Fei they blushed and held in their giggles as they got starry eyed. Madoka had the sense to take out her cell phone and record this.

How long will I be waiting
To be with you again.
I want to tell you that I love you
In the best way that I caaan.
I can’t take a day without you here.
You’re the light that makes my darkness disappear.
When you look me in my eyes.
And tell me that you love me.
Everything’s alright
When you’re right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes.
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I’ve found my paaaraaadise.
When you look me in the eyes.

She reached the stage and Brent offered her his hand. She took and he pulled her up onto the stage and brought her to stand in front of him. The three cheerleaders just couldn’t get enough of it.

More and more I start to realize
I can reach my tomorrow.
I can hold my head up high.
And it’s all because you’re by my side.
Brent pulled her close and looked in her eyes.
When you look me in my eyes.
And tell me that you love me.
Everything’s alright
When you’re right here by my side.
He wrapped her in his arms and held her close. The cheerleaders weren’t the only Mahora girls in the Karaoke bar. There were girls from each of the classes on the trip and every girl had starry eyes when he did this.
When I hold you in my arms
I know that its forever.
I just got to let you know
I never want to let you go.
Cause
When you look me in my eyes.
And tell me that you love me.
Everything’s alright
When you’re right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes.
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I’ve found my paaaraaadise.
When you look me in the eyes.

Brent put the microphone back on the stand and led her out of the bar. Madoka stopped the recording, rewound it and started it over. They all squealed as they watched Brent and Ku Fei on the tiny screen. Brent led Ku Fei a few blocks down the street to a nice Chinese restraint and when she saw it she got excited.

“I haven’t had Chinese food in a long time! How’d you know this was here?” She asked excitedly.

“I looked it up… and I have another surprise later.” He told her.

They got seated and waited for their waiter to return. When the man arrived he greeted them.

Ni Hao. Are you ready to order?” He asked.

Ni Hao.” Ku Fei replied “I ready.”

Ni Hao.” Brent said before continuing in Chinese “I would like the Chicken Fried Rice please.”

The man nodded and looked at where Ku was sitting seconds earlier… to find her gone. She was holding onto Brent’s neck as she chattered to him in rapid Chinese.

I didn’t know you could speak Chinese Brent-kun!” She said excitedly “When did you learn? Did you learn it just for me?

No I’ve known it for a long time… and I’m quite fluent in English. I’m just in Negi’s class because I asked for it.” He explained.

“Oh okay then.” She said.

They ordered and enjoyed their meal together talking about themselves since other than the martial arts. He learned that she loved the Nikuman that her friend Chao makes but
Hated being used by her and Hakase to test their new inventions. Brent told her about his ‘false’ family. A few hours later Brent bade his date goodbye and headed off to Cinema Village.