Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Aftermath
I no own Negima.

Brent awoke on a soft mattress in a warm, sun filled room and tried to remember how he got there.

-FLASHBACK-

Brent’s eyes snapped open to see the starry night sky above him. He was floating on his back in frigid water. He remembered trying to fight Sukuna and losing consciousness. He supposed he was lucky not to have drowned. He winced in pain as each breath was agonizing… then he remembered the youth and quickly tried to move but had to hold back a shout of pain. He was very weak and couldn’t feel his left arm or right leg. It felt like nearly every bone in his body was broken into splinters but by some miracle he could still move the limbs he still had feeling in, albeit with extreme pain. He slowly but painfully started to move towards the dock and his prey.

============================================================ ====

Ku Fei, Mana, Falco, Kaede, Yue, Kotaro, and Averus finally reached their friends and classmates but were surprised to see Evangeline and Chachamaru there as well but as Ku Fei looked around she noticed someone missing.

“Where the demon guy?” She asked.

Setsuna and Asuna gasped.

“I completely forgot about him! He tried to take on this giant four armed thing by himself.” Asuna said “He got punched into the water but came back up as this odd fiery dragon and managed to cut off one of its arms before…”

“Before what girl.” Averus said with a hint of concern.

“He got hit by some weird ball of energy hit him and the giant punched him into the water again… he never came back up.” Asuna said tearfully.

She knew the demon was Brent and he had quickly become a good friend of hers. She didn’t know if he could have survived and it hurt her to even think that he was… he had tried so hard to help save Konoka and had done so already badly injured. Suddenly there was a very bright light coming from Averus’s hand illuminating the area.

“Why is water red?” Ku asked.

Everyone looked into the water to see it was blood red in color.

“You don’t think he’s… dead do you?” Ku asked.

“I’m afraid that is highly likely.” Averus said.

“My scans indicate that there is a heavy concentration of blood in the water. Estimates indicate that there is approximately two times the amount of blood the average human has in there bodies.” Chachamaru stated.

“That’s odd.” Falco said.

Negi happened to be looking behind Evangeline and saw the top of the white haired kid’s head oozing out of the dock and reacted, quickly dashing to Evangeline.

“Evangeline-san! Behind you!” He shouted.

He grabbed her head and twisted around, putting himself between her and the white haired kid.

“Wh-what the heck are you doi-“ She started to shout… till she noticed the kid.

“Move, you fool!” She shouted.

She flung Negi aside as she was impaled through the stomach with a spear of stone and gasped. Negi couldn’t hear the conversation the two had but then Evangeline turned into bats and reappeared behind him and said something before making a slashing motion sending a large explosion making the boy turn into water. Negi collapsed soon afterward and it was discovered he was slowly turning into stone.

-Brent-

Brent reached the pier just after a large explosion but couldn’t climb on. He used all his will to summon a shadow to retrieve one of his swords or teleport but couldn’t. There was a sudden flash of blue light and a six foot long Nodachi was in his hand. Using the strange blue blade he levered himself up onto the dock and used it to push himself to his feet before using it as a crutch to hobble over to a group of people.

Ku Fei heard something disturb the water and turned in its direction to see a horrifying figure. It was so scary she screamed instinctively the group turned to the figure as Averus shone his light on it revealing the broken, battered, and bleeding form of Kaore stumbling towards them. His trench coat was gone, his pants were shredded and burned, his vest was barely hanging on and his practically skinned chest was clearly visible, his hood was melted to his head, the mask on his face was cracked, blackened and the lower half was gone showing a bloody chin and mouth. When he was in their midst he coughed up a lot of blood before speaking.

“Where… is… the… boy?” He groaned.

Thick, gooey red blood with the consistency of pudding was slowly flowing from his body and due to the numerous large wounds had already formed a decent sized puddle of pudding-like blood.

“Gone.” Eva answered.

“And… Ko…noka?” he asked weakly a she began to tremble.

“I’m okay Kaore.” Konoka answered with gratitude and concern evident in her voice.

“Good…” He sighed before collapsing face down in the pool of his blood.

Chachamaru was quickly by his side doing a diagnostic scan of his injuries.

“Ruptured Liver, kidneys, and lungs, ninety percent of his bones have multiple compound fractures, ninety-nine percent of his muscles are torn, severe internal bleeding, numerous deep lacerations across the arms, chest, and legs, third degree burns on his back, head, and forearms, and he has a hole in his heart.” Chachamaru said carefully peeling away what was his hood.

When she did , the crushed remnants fell away.

“BRENT-KUN!” Ku shouted hysterically.

She was quickly kneeling worriedly by his side ignorant of the slowly increasing pool of blood.

“Ku… Fei…?” He gurgled weakly.

“Will he be okay?” Ku asked Chachamaru.

Several of the girls looking on had tears in there eyes… they couldn’t believe how badly hurt Brent was or that Negi was turning into stone.

“Unless he and Negi-sensei are treated with powerful healing spells in three minutes they will both die.” She replied with a little liquid leaking from her eyes.

Setsuna looked at Konoka briefly.

“Ojou-sama…” She said quietly.

“…I know.” Konoka replied.

She walked over to Asuna who was wrapped in a blanket, provided by Averus, to cover her bare chest.

“Um.. Asuna?” She asked nervously.

“What?!” She replied angrily.

“Perhaps if I… were to kiss Negi-kun?” Konoka asked.

“Th-this is NO TIME for you and your-!!” Asuna started to shout only to be interrupted by Konoka.

“N-no not that! No! It’s just… that thing! Pactio! You know, that-“ she said “Set-chan has filled me in on what’s been happening… and I thank her for it. So many of you from school have come to help me… it’s all I can think to do.”

Chamo quickly drew up a circle as fast as he could.

“Negi-kun.” She said softly as she lifted his head up “Here comes…”

Brent was barely conscious but everything he could feel was in severe pain on second… then he saw a bright light through his eyelids and he felt better. He was still very tired but opened his eyes a little bit to see his brothers, Ku Fei, and Kaede standing over him with Ku being the closest… he surmised she was kneeling next to him. He muttered something quietly that Ku Fei didn’t catch.

“What Brent-kun?’ She asked worriedly.

He repeated what he said a little louder but Ku still didn’t hear him.

“I still couldn’t hear.” She told him.

“Am I in Heaven? You’re the most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen… so you must be an angel.” He said with a weak smile.

“Brent-kun!” Ku shouted grabbing him round the neck in a suffocating hug. He felt tears hit on his neck.

Ku just realized what he had said and the last thing he heard before fainting was her lovely laughter.

-END FLASHBACK-

He sighed sadly as he remembered how he had failed to avenge Haruna, Kazumi, or Nodoka. He slowly sat up and realized he was back in his usual clothes and briefly wondered who dressed him. He saw the odd blue Nodachi laying next to him and reached out to grasp its hilt and sat up before examining it. It was light as a feather and made from some kind of crystal Brent couldn’t identify, it had no guard and its hilt had odd indentations on it. Tied to the butt of the hilt were four woven cords all a different color. All were four inches long with a metal charm at the end like a dog tag. There was a purple cord , a black cord, a silver cord, and a gold cord, each with a black charm at the end. As he examined it he saw a name engraved in the blade, that read ‘Hikari no Shukufuku’.

“Blessing of Light?” Brent wondered aloud.

There was a flash of bright blue light and a terrible burning sensation on his forearm. The blade was gone and Brent frantically looked for it before seeing his forearm. On its underside, from the elbow to just before his wrist was a tattoo of a blue sword, the tip resting at his wrist and the hilt at his elbow. He wanted to get out so he decided to figure things out later. He stood up and walked over to the door as he heard voices arguing. He kicked down the door when he heard Konoka and Asuna shouting about an emergency.

“Oh, here you are Sakurazaki.” Came a voice that nearly stopped his heart.

He slowly turned towards it and saw Kazumi, Nodoka, and Haruna waiting for Negi and Setsuna.

“Oh hi Brent-kun.” Kazumi said happily “Why are you cry… umph!”

Brent had latched onto Kazumi’s waist as he kissed her deeply. Everyone watching had sweatdrops running down the back of their heads as they watched the two.

“Brent-kun… what was that? And why are you crying?” She asked.

“I thought I’d never be able to hold you again” He sobbed happily “I thought you were gone.”

“Well don’t worry” She whispered in his ear “I’m fine.”

“I know Kazumi… I know.” He replied.

“What happened?” Haruna asked Nodoka.

Nodoka just shrugged.