Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Vacation ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vacation
I only own Brent.

Brent sat in a window seat on Ayaka’s private jet that was taking him along with a few of his classmates and Negi to a private South Pacific Island Resort. Ayaka had apparently invited only Negi but Haruna and Kazumi found out and thusly Ako, Haruna, Makie, Ku Fei, Madoka, Sakuraki, the twins, Kazumi, Yuna, Misa, Chizuru, Natsumi, Akira, Asuna, Yue, Nodoka, Konoka, and Setsuna were there with them. Expecting there to be a mad rush to the changing rooms to change into bathing suits on arrival Brent was wearing his ‘swimsuit’ under his shorts and t-shirt. The plane landed and as he expected there was a mad dash to get off the plane and get to the beach. Brent however got off slowly and patiently since the one thing he wanted was in the luggage compartment.

A half-hour later and the girls couldn’t find Brent so they decided to go to the beach and see if he was there. Ayaka and Negi were already there when most of the class ran past wearing bikinis and shouting with glee before jumping into the water laughing happily all the while. On shore though Ayaka was fuming.

“What happened to my, where Negi and I would…?” Ayaka fumed “How is it that half the class is here.”

At that moment her roommates Chizuru and Natsumi walked over to her.

“Ayaka the moment Kazumi and Haruna found out about it, it was all over.” Chizuru said trying to placate her friend.

“Sure blame it on them!!” Ayaka shouted back “That didn’t mean you had to come too!”

That’s when Asuna’s group compromising of Setsuna, Yue (who was drinking a juice box), Konoka (who was waving), and Nodoka arrived all of them wearing one piece swimsuits.

“How’d I end up here though?” Asuna asked herself.

“You’ve time off from your newspaper route, right? Why not?!” Konoka asked.

Back with those swimming Ku Fei was wondering where Brent had gotten too… till she saw a cloud of sand further down the beach.

“Hey what that?” She asked pointing at the rapidly approaching sand cloud.

The other girls stopped what they were doing and turned to see a excited Brent running as fast as he could down the beach with a red and black tiger striped surfboard over his head wearing a red wetsuit with no sleeves and the legs cut just above the knees. As he ran past they just made out that he kept screaming the same two word sat the top of his lungs as he ran.

“SURFS UP! SURFS UP!” He was shouting.

In less then a minute the stunned girls lost site of him as he headed for the far side of the island. Ku Fei, Makie, Ako, Yuna, Akira, Kazumi, Setsuna, Konoka, Chizuru, Natsumi, Yue, Nodoka and Negi were walking down the beach in the direction Brent had ran off in.

“Yue you wouldn’t happen to know anything about this island would you?” Negi asked.

Yue nodded before she spoke.

“The northern shore of this island is world famous for its monstrous waves and attracts big wave surfers from around the world here during the summer months.” Yue told them.

“When you say ‘monstrous’ what you mean?” Ku Fei asked.

“The highest recorded is one hundred feet high.” Yue said emotionlessly.

A gasp was echoed all around at the news and they quickened their pace. When they reached the beach they found it to have a large beach with palm trees at least 100 yards from the water. Meanwhile fifty yards out in the water sitting on his surfboard wearing what appeared to be sunglasses was Brent.

“Hey Brent-kun!” Kazumi shouted as she waved.

-Brent’s POV-

Brent heard Kazumi’s call and turned to wave back before resuming his wait for the next big wave. He was sure that Kazumi would be ecstatic when she found out he was wearing a miniature video recorder in his sunglasses that was recording his entire surf session. He then saw it. A huge wave was forming and he began to paddle just as the wave loomed up out of the water with him at the very top. A second later and he was surfing on a 97 foot wave as his classmates cheered from the shore as he moved up and down the wave, leaping off the top of it and hanging ten. Suddenly he thought he heard Ku Fei shouting something at him when he felt a sharp pain in his right arm.

-Ku’s POV-

Ku watched as Brent surfed up and down the huge wave until she thought she saw something in the water of the wave. She watched the vague thing until it became a huge shadow that easily dwarfed Brent and realized there was an enormous shark behind him in the wave.

“BRENT-KUN THERE A SHARK BEHIND YOU!” She screamed.

But it was too late as the enormous shark broke through the water and clamped down on a surprised Brent’s arm.

“BRENT-KUN!” both Ku and Kazumi shouted in fear.

-Brent’s POV-

Brent estimated the shark to be at least fifty feet long, ten feet tall from the bottom of its stomach to the bottom of its dorsal fin and ten feet wide between its side fins. He saw that instead of black eyes like most sharks this one’s were red. He immediately knew it was a demon shark… probably a Great Maritanian which were practically extinct. He reached down to his feet and pulled out the foot long dagger he had sheathed there and plunged it into the sharks side hoping to make it release him. It didn’t, instead it turned away from shore and swam out to sea at an amazing speed soon leaving the shore far behind. Brent wrenched the blade out of the sharks skin and plunged it in again with the same results as the shark dove deeper into the blue water.

Brent wasn’t worried about drowning. He could hold his breath for well over two hours and could go as far as five hundred feet deep… at the moment he could see the seabed was only a hundred fifty feet or so from the surface and covered in rippling white sand. The shark skimmed the over the sand continuing to chomp down on his arm which luckily hadn’t been bitten off yet. It was still cut deeply but he wasn’t too worried as he pulled out the dagger again and managed to plunge it into the shark just beneath its right eye. The shark turned abruptly and sped off towards what appeared to be a sunken ship. The ship seemed to be of European design possibly a English Galleon or a Merchantman resting on its side with a single mast still standing on the rotting deck and, oddly enough, nothing growing on the ships skeletal remains. As the shark sped closer to the wreck Brent saw what appeared to be a massive bite that had been taken out of the ships keel… which probably sank it and possibly made by the very shark attacking him.

The shark smashed through the bottom of the ship and Brent briefly manage to make out that it was full of swords before the shark sped out the other side. The shark turned and sped off towards the ship again as Brent took the dagger out of the sharks flesh once more before plunging it into the sharks eye. The shark released Brent, snapping the dagger in half and leaving half of it lodged in the eye. Brent took this opportunity to the swim for the ship and hopefully find a weapon that was still usable before the shark came for him again. He just reached the hole the shark punched through and grabbed a sword when he felt the shark coming back for him. He pulled the blade out of its sheathe hoping that it was intact… and found the blade had been untouched by corrosion. He shook away his surprise and turned to face the rapidly approaching shark as he changed his hands to claws just as the shark tried to bite him. He dodged the sharks bite and managed to plunge his claws into its side just behind the dorsal fin. He put the blade into his mouth and started to pull his way up the sharks body using his claws.

The demon shark did not like him doing this so it tried to dislodge him by crashing through the ship again to little effect save for cutting up his back. Brent had just reached the sharks gills and plunged his claws into it which caused the shark to turn and speed off towards the shore as he reached the sharks head and took the sword out of his mouth, raise it over his head and plunge it into the side of its head as hard as he could. The shark twitched once and died but its momentum carried on and it slammed both itself and Brent into a large jagged rock probably cracking some of Brent’s bones and cutting him up slightly. The shark began to sink while Brent floated to the surface barely conscious. The cool wind on his face snapped him to full consciousness and he took a look at his surroundings. From what he could tell the entire incident had lasted less the six minutes and he was about a hundred yards from shore. Ignoring the biting pain in his right arm he began to paddle into shore .

-At Shore-

Ku and Kazumi were kneeling on the sand sobbing heavily with the others surrounding them attempting to comfort their grief at the lost of their classmate when Brent stumbled onto shore about twenty feet from the grieving girls.

“Hey.” He shouted causing the girls to all look up and gasp “Anyone want sushi? We’ll need to swim out to get it but its out there.”

“BRENT-KUN!” All the girls shouted ecstatically before Ku Fei and Kazumi ran at him and tackled him in joy.

After reassuring them all that he was fine and they had left, he took the time to examine the sword he was still clutching that the others apparently had been unable to see. It was an English short sword about three feet long and six inches wide at the bronze hand guard. Etched into the side of the blade and pommel were numerous runes which Brent didn’t recognize at once but was able to determine as being magical in origin and purpose.

“I need to check that book and see if it has anything about this or the ship.” He murmured to himself.

“BRENT-KUN GET OVER HERE!” Ku and Kazumi shouted from down the beach.

-later that night-

Brent was examining the book on ancient swords while sitting on his bed and found what he was looking for. The ship he had found was lost around 1621 and was loaded with thousands of mystic swords which he needed to make plans to go retrieve soon. He was just about to head off to bed when he heard a knock on his cabin door and got up and went to see who it was. When he opened the door he found Ku Fei standing there wearing what looked like a pink silk Chinese Dress that ended at her knees and showed off her shapely legs.

“Ku? What are you doing here?” He asked.

The next thing he knew Ku Fei had tackled him and enveloped him in a bone breaking hug as she sobbed into his chest.

“I was so worried about you today Brent-kun!” She sobbed.

“Come on Ku-hime it’ll take a whole lot more than some overgrown fish to finish me off!” Brent said soothingly as he rubbed the top of her head.

“I know but I still very scared.” Ku said sadly “I no know what do without you… I no even remember time with you not here.”

“Want to hear that song again?” Brent asked knowing it would help her relax.

“Uh huh.” Ku replied.

(Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World By: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)

Ooooo oooooo ohoohohooOoooo ohooohoo oooohooOoooo ohoohooo oohooooOohooo oohoooho oooohoOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooSomewhere over the rainbowWay up highAnd the dreams that you dreamed ofOnce in a lullaby ii ii iiiSomewhere over the rainbowBlue birds flyAnd the dreams that you dreamed ofDreams really do come true ooh oooohSomeday I'll wish upon a starWake up where the clouds are far behind me ee ee eehWhere trouble melts like lemon dropsHigh above the chimney tops thats where you'll find me ohSomewhere over the rainbow bluebirds flyAnd the dream that you dare to,why, oh why can't I? i iiiiWell I see trees of green andRed roses too,I'll watch them bloom for me and youAnd I think to myselfWhat a wonderful worldWell I see skies of blue and I see clouds of whiteAnd the brightness of dayI like the dark and I think to myselfWhat a wonderful worldThe colors of the rainbow so pretty in the skyAre also on the faces of people passing byI see friends shaking handsSaying, "How do you do?"They're really saying, I...I love youI hear babies cry and I watch them grow,They'll learn much moreThan we'll knowAnd I think to myselfWhat a wonderful world (w)oohoorldSomeday I'll wish upon a star,Wake up where the clouds are far behind meWhere trouble melts like lemon dropsHigh above the chimney top that's where you'll find meOh, Somewhere over the rainbow way up highAnd the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I? I hiii ?Ooooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo ooooooOoooo oooooo oooooo

“Thank you Brent-kun… I see you in morning.” Ku said as she left after h finished the song.