Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Vacation: Contracts ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vacation: Contracts
I no own Negima.

The next day and everyone was at the beach doing some kind of activity. Ku, Makie, Sakurako, and Ako were playing volleyball while Yuna, Akira, and Madoka watched; Kazumi and Misa were tanning without tops… something that Brent was having some problem not staring at. The twins had covered their hands with some kind of goo and were tickling Natsumi who was flailing her arms and laughing. Nodoka, Haruna, and Yue were sitting in the shade drinking fruit juice and most of the others were not visible to Brent. He himself was snorkeling again. He had an underwater camera and was planning on surprising Kazumi with lots of pictures and video for the newspaper. He had just finished video taping a long stretch of reef when he saw Negi sitting on the beach looking depressed. He swam over and started to approach him when he saw Ayaka, Kazumi, Chizuru and Natsumi walk towards him. He dove off to the deeper part of the water in order to watch the ensuing chaos he was sure was inevitable.

“Negi-sensei?” Ayaka said “We really are sorry that we…”

“It’s okay.” Negi replied.

“You’re not depressed still, are you Negi-sensei? What could possibly…” Ayaka asked.

“Well… I… it’s just…” Negi stammered.

“What?!” Ayaka asked “A huge fight with Asuna-san?”

Negi nodded sadly and Brent finally understood what was happening with Negi’s depression and wondered how Ayaka would take it.

“The worst thing is, I don’t even know why she’s mad. And the more I try to fix it…” Negi said sadly.

“Awwww.” Ayaka cooed “I totally know what you mean, Negi-sensei…”

She knelt down and grasped Negi’s hand.

“In fact, I’ll make it my personal mission to see that…” Ayaka said “You and Asuna-san make up, all right?!”

Negi looked confused now.

“You just leave it all to me!” Ayaka concluded.

“That’s so nice of you class president!!” Negi shouted.

The others that had come with Ayaka had been whispering to each other during the talk between Negi and when Ayaka approached Kazumi said something to her.

“That’s not why I’m doing it okay?!” Ayaka snapped.

Brent decided now was the time to make himself known… and the best time to give Kazumi the film he had. He started to move towards them but still stayed hidden.

“It’s just, it hurts to see Negi-sensei and Asuna-san not getting along, especially since they’ve always been so close…” Ayaka explained.

“And here I thought you didn’t like Asuna being near Negi, Ayaka.” Brent explained.

“But if Negi-sensei is happy with her near then it’s what I’ll have to accept!” Ayaka snapped “And where did you come from!”

“My mom.” Bryan replied sarcastically as he walked over to Kazumi.

“Hey Brent-kun what have you been doing?” Kazumi asked as he kissed her cheek.

“Snorkeling. Here.” Brent said as he handed her the memory cards from his video camera and regular camera “Images and video of the reef for you newspaper.”

“Thanks Brent-kun.” Kazumi said before kissing him on the lips.

“Well I guess I’ll leave you to your… um business and go see if Ku’s up for a fight.” Bryan said.

He then walked towards the main beach with his fins over his shoulders. A few hours later Brent was happily walking along the dock towards his cabin with Ku Fei next to him. Both were dirty, scratched, and bruised slightly from their sparring but they both were smiling happily with Ku holding onto his arm. He then passed by the tables where Ako, Akira, Makie, Yuna, Nodoka, Yue, and Haruna were discussing boys. Then Asuna ran past them followed soon after by a crying Negi.

“I guess the plan didn’t work.” Bryan mumbled.

“No. Asuna caught us and then she knocked us out.” Ku said sadly.

“Well it didn’t affect you that badly if you managed to spar with me.” Bryan pointed out.

Brent took Ku to a pagoda and they sat on the edge looking out over the water. Ku’s face was tinged with red as she leaned against him.

“Brent-kun! Asakura-san!” Nodoka called.

They both turned to see Nodoka, Yue, and a still depressed Negi approaching them.

“Hey how’s it going?” Brent asked.

“Not good. “Negi moaned sadly “Asuna’s still mad at me.”

“Well I believe that this is because your ten and don’t understand girls all that well.” Brent pointed out “Then again it’s nearly impossible for a guy to understand a girl due to the inherent differences between them.”

The four people there looked at him with either confused or, in Yue’s case, impressed expressions.

“I’m impressed Brent-san.” She stated “how do you come to that conclusion?”

“Well… girls are a lot more complicated then guys are… it stems from prehistoric evolution I think.” Brent explained “The men would go hunting for food while the women would stay at the home or gathering. So the women had the safer but more complex jobs while the men would just find meat and bring it back. Thusly men like fighting, violence and other such activities, while women seem to be more intellectual despite all the attempts men have tried to stop it through out history.”

“So you’re saying the reason men can’t understand a woman is that men are stupid when it comes to emotions and things?” Yue asked.

“Pretty much yeah… though that doesn’t mean that women are better than men, just saying that women are complicated.” Brent pointed out “I think my brother Falco’s view on the difference on men and women is that men require only three main things. Food, sleep, and sex…. Though with him you need to add high explosives and heavy weapons.”

“Well we were just going to read what Negi said to Asuna when she got mad at him.” Yue told him “and since you have such an analytical mind… I was hoping that you would help.”

“Ku could you go find Kazumi? I think all three of us need to talk about something later.” Bryan asked Ku.

“Okay I go!” Ku said happily before running off to look for Kazumi.

Bryan, Yue, and Nodoka read the printout that Negi had gotten from Chachamaru. Bryan was trying his best not to crack up from the string of insults the two of them had been throwing at each other when Yue spoke up. She mentioned something about him going to library island without Asuna and then telling her she was helpless… it was then after reading the insults for the sixth time he lost it.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!” He laughed loudly.

“Brent shut up!” Yue shouted.

“Okay… I’ll just keep this then.” Brent said as he grabbed the papers “Falco will get a kick out of this.

“Anyway… we’ve a favor to ask you, sensei.” Yue said before turning to Nodoka “You sure about this Nodoka.”

Nodoka nodded and Yue continued.

“We…” She tried to start “That is..”

She took a few breaths before continuing again.

“Negi-sensei… you think we might learn to use magic too?” She asked determination in her voice.

Bryan wondered if they could even use magic and while they discussed it with Negi, Brent debated if the two shy girls would freak out if he touched them on the shoulder. It was the fastest way he could determine if they had enough magical energy to use magic. Then he heard Negi freak out and looked at a picture Yue was showing him and had to hold back a laugh as he saw the two of them drawn wearing skimpy sailor suits with bunny ears and tail on Yue and Nodoka wearing a cat tail and ears. He then noticed Paru’s signature.

“You see the thing is I just graduated from magic school myself.” Negi explained after calming down.

“One more thing! If it’s okay with you, of course, Negi-sensei…” Yue said before grasping Negi’s hands and staring him in the eyes “I too, would like to do this Pact-thing I’ve heard so much about. You don’t, do you?”

Negi freaked out again.

“Sure! The more people fighting at your side, the… why is your face so red?!” Yue asked.

“IS IT?” Negi shouted in a panic.

“Heya!” Said an girlic voice “What are you talking about?”

Brent turned and saw Kazumi climb out of the water in her Bathing suit.

“Hey Kazumi. They were just talking about Yue getting a Pactio.” Brent said with a smirk.

“Oh really?” She replied before whispering something in Yue’s ear at which point she turned red.

“I’d like to do a pactio with you too Negi-kun… if Brent doesn’t mind.” Kazumi said.

“Um… Kazumi remember that ritual thing? In my research I found an interesting glyph that describes something ancient demons would sometimes do. From my understanding it had a similar effect of a pactio.” Brent told her.

“Oh! Do you know how to do it?” Kazumi asked.

“Yeah but it requires more than a simple kiss and there can be as many under it as I want plus instead of a card it would be a tattoo of the thing you’d get.” Brent pointed out.

“Well then let’s get Ku and go do this!” Kazumi said.

She grabbed his hand and pulled him off to his room.

“So how do you do this?” Kazumi asked.

They ran into Ku and Kazumi grabbed her upper arm and dragged her with them.

“Hey! What’s going on?!” Ku asked.

“We’re gonna get a contract with Brent-kun!” Kazumi said happily as they reached his room.

He opened the door and Kazumi pushed them both in. Brent locked the door and found the two of them kneeling in the living room.

“So what do we do?” Kazumi asked.

“First I need draw up some demon glyphs on the floor… but I need a drop of blood from those involved.” He said as he cut his finger with a knife.

Kazumi took it and repeated this before Ku did the same thing.

“Now what?” Ku asked.

Brent took the knife and muttered something before he started drawing the now glowing blood into several odd shapes that didn’t make any sense to the two girls.

“Don’t ask me what they say because if I said them bad things happen.” Brent explained.
He finished the complex figures and they began to glow black with a red outline.

“When the moon is full which should be in…” Brent looked out the window “Ten minutes we enter the circle and place our right hands over the center symbol with mine on the bottom.”

He turned slightly red before continuing.

“You need to be naked though and if I did it right there should be a bright white light shooting up through them which will finish the ritual… I’ve read there are some possible side effects when more then one person does it at a time but I don’t know what they are.” Brent explained.

“Okay!” The two girls chimed.

Ten minutes later and the glyphs started to change colors to blue at the edges and move inwards. The three of them had already stripped though all three of them were bright red and right before the center changed they put their hands in. Brent’s was on the bottom, then Ku’s and on top was Kazumi’s. The beam of light went through them and all three of them winced as it felt like a needle had been shoved through their hands. Seconds later and the blue light flowed up the two girl’s arms and onto their upper arms just below the shoulder. Then the whole glyph plus the light turned back to the original black color at which point all of their eyes bugged out and they screamed silently as the light burned them. When the light and glyph vanished they all collapsed forward into unconciousness.