Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Mahou Combat! ❯ Mahou Combat: Deadly Agreement ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mahou Combat: Deadly Agreement
Alzrius
 
Disclaimer: These characters aren't mine, but I'm willing to fight you for them.
 
 
 
“Mahou Combat has always been, and will always be.”
 
Mahora campus, on a bright, sunlit day, with students walking and chatting.
 
“Some seek to use the tournament to destroy all that is good. Others seek vengeance, power, or eternal life.”
 
Takamichi eating lunch at a café with Shizuna, smiling and laughing.
 
“Time and again, each individual threat to Mahora has been defeated, and the school has enjoyed relative peace and security for many years. But there is concern that Mahora is once again in danger, and this time, the thread of evil has two faces.”
 
Chigusa Amagasaki vaults out of a tiny window, landing outside, and takes off running, looking behind her as she does.
 
“It is now known that the sorceress Chigusa Amagasaki has escaped from her prison in Kyoto.”
 
Chigusa examining the World Tree closely, and then looking over a large group of inactive mecha.
 
“Since her escape, she has uncovered the secrets of the World Tree, discovered the long-forgotten mechanized army of the school's Number One Genius, and most disturbing of all…”
 
Chigusa shakes hands with Evangeline.
 
“Formed an alliance with our old enemy, Evangeline A. K. McDowell. Together, they plotted to overthrow the only two people who could foil their conquest of Japan's magic.”
 
Chachamaru goes to visit the Headmaster, convincing him to again stamp the forms that allow Evangeline to leave the school.
 
Chigusa and Evangeline walk into a large Shinto temple.
 
“The first was the head of the Kansai Magic Association, Eishun Konoe. In a false show of repentance, they sprung their attack.”
 
Evangeline and Chigusa walk up to Eishun and bow. Glancing at each other as they bow, they suddenly run forward. A death-scream can be heard as the picture of Eishun together with the Thousand Master suddenly cracks for no apparent reason.
 
“They then traveled to Mahora by way of a mystic portal known only to sorcerers and demons. There, they confronted Takamichi T. Takahata, champion of Mahou Combat.”
 
Takamichi is lounging outside, smoking a cigarette. Shizuna walks up behind him, but her form blurs and the glamour falls away, revealing Evangeline instead.
 
Takamichi looks behind him. Seeing Evangeline, he falls into a combat stance as the two begin to fight, with Takamichi quickly establishing the upper hand.
 
“It has long been Evangeline's desire to drink Takamichi's blood. With Chigusa's help, she achieved this goal.”
 
As Evangeline and Takamichi fight, Chigusa takes an ofuda and throws it onto Takamichi's back. He stiffens as its magic paralyzes him, allowing Evangeline to grab him and break his neck, dropping his corpse to the ground.
 
“Takamichi…is dead.”
 
Evangeline kneels over his corpse, bending down to drink his blood dry.
 
“They have since returned to the school's Engineering Building, and are using Evangeline's magic to animate the mechanized army.”
 
Evangeline casts a spell over a mech, which suddenly jerks to life, its sensors glowing.
 
“They will use it to conquer Mahora, and eventually, all of Japan.”
 
Evangeline and Chigusa stand, grinning, with the mechanized army behind them.
 
“They will be unstoppable.”
 
Negi stands, facing Asuna, Setsuna, Ku Fei, Mana, and Kaede, who are arranged around a campfire on the campus. Negi continues speaking.
 
“I can no longer stand idly by and allow this evil to consume the school. I have relinquished my status as teacher of 3-A, to form contracts with all of you and lead you to battle.”
 
Negi looks over the assembled group.
 
“We must act now. We must stop this Deadly Agreement.”