Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Mahou Combat! ❯ Mahou Combat: Seduction ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mahou Combat: Seduction
Alzrius
 
Disclaimer: These characters aren't mine. Sue me, and I'll perform my custom fatality on you.
 
 
 
“It was not by chance that this struggle occurred.”
 
Negi lashes out with a punch, connecting with Evangeline's nose and snapping her head back.
 
“I was the one who gave evil the chance it needed, thereby fulfilling an ancient prophecy.”
 
Negi tries to land a blow on Chigusa, but she blocks it, returning the punch and sending Negi reeling.
 
“Negi's partners had failed to stop the Deadly Agreement from fully animating the mechanized army of the Number One Genius.”
 
Negi blocks a second blow from Chigusa, his fist then connecting with her cheek.
 
“One by one they fell in battle, until only Negi himself remained. Defying the Headmaster's wishes, he challenged Evangeline and Chigusa to Mahou Combat…Mahora's last hope for freedom.”
 
Negi steps into a combat stance. Chigusa does the same, and then rushes at him. Negi furiously blocks an offensive combination from her, and then grabs her arm, pulling her forward and bending over so he can flip her over him. Evangeline, seeing a chance, rushes at him, but Negi sees her coming and uses his control of the wind to slip behind her, blasting her in the back with an unincanted spell.
 
Chigusa, having already gotten to her feet, charges Negi and catches him with a blow to the face before he can block it. Reeling, he's unable to stop Chigusa's kick from sending him stumbling back.
 
Off-balance, both Chigusa and a recovered Evangeline rush at Negi. But he gets his bearings back before they reach him, suddenly jumping and catching them both across the face with a double spinning kick.
 
Evangeline manages to stay on her feet while Chigusa falls, and casts a spell at Negi. Negi's quickly incants a shield spell though, blocking Evangeline's magic. Surprised, she's caught off-guard as Negi then sends a spell at her, knocking her off her feet.
 
Focusing on Chigusa next, Negi casts the same spell at her, shooting a beam of light at her. Chigusa, however, is prepared, and raises a sudden wall of ofudas. Keeping the beam up, Negi manages to punch through them, hitting Chigusa and sending her flying.
 
Returning his concentration to Evangeline, Negi starts to blast her more, trying to fry her. But Chigusa recovers quickly, and throws a charm at Negi which sends him stumbling. This buys the weakened Evangeline time to summon a Mahora student, obviously in her thrall, over to her. Biting the girl's neck and drinking her blood, Evangeline is reinvigorated, pushing the now-dead student away and sitting up, hitting Negi with a bolt of dark energy, sending him crashing to the floor.
 
“Negi fought well against the two sorceresses, and for a time it seemed as though victory was at hand. But the might of Evangeline and Chigusa was overwhelming…even for the son of the Thousand Master.”
 
As Negi struggles to rise, Evangeline and Chigusa both chant. Evangeline's dark magic takes hold of Negi, holding him helplessly in the air. Using more of her ofudas, Chigusa summons a large snake demon, which slams into Negi, knocking him back to the ground with enough force to crack the concrete.
 
Evangeline and Chigusa step closer to the defeated Negi, as his eyes slowly close.
 
“Negi was defeated. The Deadly Agreement had won.”
 
Evangeline glances from the downed Negi to Chigusa, a scheming look on her face. Chigusa, however, notices, glaring at Evangeline and turning to face her fully. Evangeline steps into a combat stance, and Chigusa nods, doing the same.
 
“Their victory was short-lived. As suspicion and lust for power overcame both Evangeline and Chigusa, the former allies turned on each other. The Deadly Agreement…was no more.”
 
Evangeline strikes first, hitting Chigusa in the stomach, making her double over enough to then strike her in the face, making her fall back. As she comes in hard for another strike, Chigusa blocks her arm, hitting her with a punch to the chest. Hurt, Evangeline slips under Chigusa's kick, scurrying behind her for a quick blow to the kidneys. Evangeline then tries to follow it up with a double strike to the stomach, but Chigusa side-steps the blow and, again grabbing Evangeline's arms, drags her forward and off-balance.
 
Evangeline manages to turn around and raise her arms in time to block Chigusa's descending fists, but Chigusa pushes against Evangeline's arms, forcing them down long enough so that when Chigusa raises a fist again, Evangeline can't stop it from smashing into her face. Hurting, Evangeline desperately grabs for the other sorceress, but Chigusa pulls her arm away, her other hand grabbing Evangeline by the throat and lifting her in the air…before breaking her neck.
 
“Chigusa defeated Evangeline, and reveled in her conquest.”
 
Chigusa drops Evangeline's body to the ground as she hears footsteps from the entrance to the Engineering Building, turning to see who is approaching.
 
“But it is said that Mahora has only one true ruler. And that ruler had returned.”
 
A figure approaches, unable to be seen. The mechanized army looks over at the newcomer, and then the mechs lower themselves to the floor, kneeling. As in walks…
 
“Chao Lingshen. Mahora's Number One Genius. The prophecy had been fulfilled. The Number One Genius had indeed returned to reclaim her army and impose her dominance.”
 
Chigusa looks at Chao, aghast, shouting a denial. Chao, wearing an obviously technomagical cloak, just smirks in response, advancing.
 
“Death awaited all who stood in her way.”
 
Chigusa, using an ofuda, casts a spell, firing energy at Chao, but it doesn't penetrate her cloak. Chigusa, unwilling to give up, keeps up the stream of energy futilely.
 
Evangeline, her broken neck having regenerated, stands up. Surveying the scene and realizing what's going on, nods to Chigusa, who breaks off her attack. Again chanting together, the two sorceresses again cast spells simultaneously, firing magical energy at Chao, but still unable to penetrate the cloak she's wearing.
 
As Chao advances, Negi, having regained consciousness, stands up, stepping between the women he'd been fighting minutes ago.
 
“And so it was that a new agreement was born out of desperation. Sworn enemies joined forces against a common threat.”
 
All acting together, Negi, Evangeline, and Chigusa all cast spells, trying to force Chao back. They almost succeed, the backlash of energy sending the mechanized army tumbling…but Chao still advances. Negi stops firing at her, and instead starts to chant, forming a ball of light in his hands that begins to grow in size.
 
“Negi began to realize that even their combined might would not be enough. There was only one chance left.”
 
Chigusa screams at Negi, not understanding what he's doing, but he ignores her. As Chao reaches the trio, Negi finishes his chanting, pushing the ball of magical energy against her cloak…as it explodes. The entire Engineering Building is leveled to the ground.
 
“Negi's sacrifice…was in vain. For the blast had little effect on the Number One Genius.”
 
Chao stands up amidst the wreckage, holding Negi's wand.
 
“Now Chao has what she needs to reshape the campus as she sees fit.”
 
Standing amidst fire, his features hidden in shadow, is Kotaro Inugami, telling the story.
 
“I was the fool who brought her this power. Only I can destroy this threat born…of seduction.”
 
 
 
Author's Notes: That last line requires some explanation. Basically, Chao seduced and slept with Kotaro, which made him pliant to her will; eager to please his new lover. It was only too late that he realized that she was using him to take over Mahora.