Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Makie's Revenge ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Makie’s Revenge
Chapter 4

Ayaka and Asuna returned to the forest and found a black mask on the ground.  Ayaka was confused. “Whoever it was, it must’ve gotten someone.  I suggest we look around,” she stated. “Right… enemies/friends working together for the common good!”  Asuna cheered in confidence. “Dummy…”  Ayaka muttered. While they looked around the forest area, Makie and Konoka snuck back to the dorms.  They had a little surprise for Ayaka, when she would return. “It is very simple, my dear,” she said to Konoka, “Setsuna will capture one of them, I don’t care who, just as long as it is Ayaka.  She will bring her to me, and I will give her the chip.  This is so delicious!” “Stop drooling, master,” Konoka complimented, “Ayaka and/or Asuna will be captured by nightfall.  See-Chan is a wonderful girl; she may be experienced in combat, but she’s also an accomplished bodyguard.  See-Chan is the greatest, but not as great as you, master!” “Hmm… so I figured, which is why, nobody will suggest me as a failure ever again!”  Makie sneered, “And Ayaka will be the failure!  Asuna, however…” “She could be a witness!”  Konoka suggested. “You’re right!  Setsuna will carry out the job, as planned,” Makie grinned.

Meanwhile, the girls returned to the entranceway, but had a mere thought. “Where’s Makie?  I feel like I wanted to wring her little neck!”  Ayaka growled in annoyance. “Why take it out on her?”  Asuna asked. “I don’t know, I don’t care, and I rather not say!”  Ayaka snapped, “I just wanted to wring something!  I’M ANGRY NOW!!!” “Now that you mention it… Konoka hasn’t returned since yesterday,” Asuna said. “What?  I hope the Dean won’t find out.  He’d be very upset by it,” Ayaka suggested, “And also, Setsuna… she’s very precious about Konoka.” “I know… I’m beginning to think Setsuna is saddened by her disappearance.” “Yeah, you’re right.” Just then, a shadow of a long-haired girl dashed past behind them. “So, how do we find this villain?  Could it be Evangeline again?”  Asuna asked. Ayaka replied, “Well, no… but I don’t want to be controlled by the vampire again…” Asuna said, “I should say not.” Ayaka then had an idea, “Okay, I think we need to go find Setsuna.  She’s the only one who can find Konoka!” Asuna agreed, but then the long-haired girl jumped down in front of them. “Huh?  Who are you?”  Asuna asked. “That is not important,” the girl said in a robotic voice, “What’s important is that you must come with me.” Ayaka & Asuna gasped in shock.  The girl with long hair… was Setsuna, controlled by Makie.  You can tell, since she used to have a ponytail, thanks to Makie. “Setsuna?  What’s wrong with you?”  Asuna asked in fear. “Why are you talking like a robot?  Are you like Chachamaru?”  Ayaka added. Setsuna said nothing; she wielded her sword and charged at the two girls.  They scattered off, trying to escape. “Asuna, run!”  Ayaka screamed. “Oh, jumping jellybeans!”  She gasped. They ran off together, but Setsuna chased after them.  After going five miles, they split up.  She, however, followed Ayaka, and not Asuna.  She cornered her with a dead end.  Setsuna pointed her sword at her and said to come quietly. “Setsuna!  What’s gotten into you???  Are you mad?”  Ayaka cried. Setsuna replied, “Ayaka Yukihiro, you’re a failure towards Ayaka.  You must come quietly.” Ayaka gasped in shock. “More importantly, you are needed for something important.  I cannot say, but you must come with me.”  She added. Ayaka thought, “Wait… didn’t I heard this line before?” But as she was about to speak, Asuna dove in from a tall tree and tackled Setsuna. “Hey, Setsuna!  SURPRISE!!!”  She cried. Setsuna was rolled to the ground with Asuna, and crashed to a giant hollow log.  Setsuna was out cold, while Asuna got up in pain.  Ayaka grabbed her and shouted, “Quickly!  Run!” They fled, as Setsuna got up.  She looked around and found that they disappeared.  She grabbed her sword and began her pursuit. “Capture Ayaka; capture Asuna; capturing one is required; capturing both is optional.”  She said robotically and repetitively.

Meanwhile, Asuna & Ayaka were in a tall oak tree.  They looked down and found Setsuna, who was on hot pursuit. Although, she looked left and right, she couldn’t find them.  She went past the tree where they were hidden. “Man, what’s gotten into Setsuna?  She must have located Konoka, but I fear she might be controlled by someone… someone evil…”  Asuna stated. “I know what.  It’s me this person wanted,” Ayaka answered in disdain, “I don’t know why, but it seems she wanted me.  Remember when we split up?” “Yeah?  Oh, yeah!”  Asuna said, “Setsuna went after you, not me.  But why?” “It must be… she said that…” she thought about what Setsuna said. “You are a failure towards Ayaka!” She gasped and remembered what those words mean. “No… it couldn’t be…” she thought, “It just can’t be!” She growled and remembered the person she said those words to. “Makie…”  Ayaka growled. “What’s wrong?”  Asuna asked. “I… I think I know who did this to Setsuna!  It was… Makie!” “What?!?!?  That’s a load of bull!  Makie is as dense as a mackerel!” “True; but why would she go through all the trouble!  Unless…” “Unless… she had help from those Science girls, Chao & Satomi!” Asuna then had a mere thought.  She cried, “Then… that means that what happened to Setsuna, might’ve happened to Konoka, as well!” “Exactly!”  Ayaka responded, “Makie must’ve put up with this!  It’s simple; every time I lecture her, I always say that she is a failure towards Makie!  And it always worked.  But… I take it I... went too far?” Asuna then muttered, “It’s your fault.” “What was that just now???”  She screamed. “I said… it was your fault!”  Asuna yelled, “If YOU, Miss Class Rep, who’s perfect in all ways than one, hadn’t treated Makie like that, then all this would’ve never happened!!!  Are you happy now???” Ayaka started to whimper, “No… why did I make that mistake?  I always said that she’s a failure, but… but I never pushed her too far!!” “Get a grip!”  Asuna shouted, “What’s important is that Makie set this whole thing up.  But now, we must find out why.” She tried to jump down from the tree. “I’m going to make a distraction, while you make a break for it!”  She suggested. Ayaka said, “No… you go back to the dorm.  This is something I must do myself.” Ayaka tried to jump down, but Asuna stopped her. “You’re crazy!  I can’t leave you there!” She cried. “It’s me she wanted, and I’m going to end it,” Ayaka answered, “If I don’t return, tell Professor Negi that I loved him.” Asuna nodded, as Ayaka jumped down. “Hah!  Like hell I will!”  She thought aloud.

Ayaka jumped down in front her Setsuna.  She then raised her arms up. “Ayaka, you will not escape,” she said, as she pointed her sword. “No, don’t.  I… I surrender,” Ayaka pleaded, “I don’t know what’s going on now, so I must know the truth.  Please… enough of this game.” Setsuna grabbed her arm and walked with her back to the Mahora academy dorms.  However, Asuna was watching the whole time. She said to her, “You must be very lucky that I cannot hurt you; but knowing what my master will do, I must reconvene.  You made a wise decision, Ayaka.” Asuna then thought, “They’re heading back to school… what’s going on?” She jumped down and followed them sneakily. “Don’t worry, Konoka… Setsuna… Ayaka… I’ll rescue you from Makie.”

You know, some of this, which I vision in a dream, KIND OF seems familiar. Oh, well… it’ll come up eventually.