Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei ❯ Homework and Bathes ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei
A Negima Alternate Universe fanfic by Robster80
 
Chapter 4: Homework and Bathes
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Negima or its characters, Ken Akamatsu does! I write fanfiction for fun, not profit.
 
Opening notes: This is a Negi/Kaede pairing story. If you do not like this pairing, or not like Kaede, then please stop reading, and no flames! Otherwise, please enjoy!
 
 
 
“Okay, ladies,” Negi said to the five girls in his classroom, “We'll have a quick ten question quiz to determine which of you stays and which of you has to get a little tutoring before we all go home. Anyone who gets less than five answers correct stays. Understood?”
 
“Hai, Negi-kun/sensei,” Kaede, Ku-Fei, Yue, and Makie responded with smiles and nods. Asuna just gave a snort, looking away. Standing off to the side were Nodoka and Haruna, as they were there waiting for Yue; Yuna, Akira, and Ako were there for Makie; Ayaka was there in case Asuna tried to cause any problems (or so she explained to Negi), and Sakurako was there just for fun as there was no cheerleading practice.
 
It had been four days since Negi began teaching Class 2-A, and so far there had been little problems. That afternoon, he was providing help to the five Baka Rangers, the girls with the lowest scores in his class. A very recent test showed the five had not done very well, so Negi had to provide after-class help. It was something Takahata had done before Negi had come to Mahora, and since Negi had taken over for Takahata, this was now part of his job.
 
Asuna was grumpy as usual; she never minded the after-class sessions before, but that was only because Takahata taught them. Even after his talk to her, Asuna still didn't like Negi, let alone accept him as a teacher. I hate this. …But the sooner I pass this dumb quiz, the sooner I can get outta here and away from the bozu.
 
After handing out the quiz papers, Negi returned to his desk. “You may begin, and please take your time. There's no hurry.”
 
Less than two minutes into the quiz, Yue put down her pencil and got up to hand her quiz paper to Negi. “I'm done,” she said in her usual neutral tone.
 
Negi blinked, but took the paper and then got out a red marker. “That was quite fast, Ayase-san.” It took him a minute to finally mark something on the quiz before he wrote and circled her grade, handing the paper back to her. “You got a Nine; congratulations. You're free to go.”
 
Yue just bowed. “Arigato, sensei.”
 
Haruna, smiling, approached Yue and Negi. “Don't mind her, sensei; Yue's always like this. She hardly ever smiles, and she is rather brilliant. She's just… lazy.”
 
“Only when it comes to studying,” Nodoka added quietly.
 
“Come on, Nodoka, Haruna, let's hit the library. I'm late enough as it is. Excuse us, Negi-sensei.” And so the three Library Club members left the room.
 
Ayaka smiled as they left; that was one of the Bakas down, and four to go. And after this, maybe I'll ask Negi-sensei if he'd like me to treat him to dinner. Hee-hee! Her eyes fell on Asuna, and she scowled. IF that pain in the ass doesn't keep him long, that is!
 
Makie was the next girl to hand over her quiz. “Here you go, Negi-kun,” she sang with a smile. Behind her back, she had her fingers crossed.
 
“…Sorry, Sasaki-san, but you scored a four. You'll be here for a little longer, I'm afraid.”
 
“Awwww! …Well, at least it'll be more time with you.” And Makie returned to her seat. He's so cute! …But I shouldn't keep him here; that's not fair to either of us. Besides, I'll be late for practice.
 
I hope Makie doesn't keep her thoughts too much on Negi-kun,” Ako whispered to Yuna and Akira. “You two know how she is when it comes to anything she deems as cute.
 
The two girls nodded silently.
 
Negi soon had Asuna's, Kaede's, and Ku-Fei's papers collected and graded. “Okay… Ku-Fei-san scored a three… Nagase-san, you, a five… good try, though. Kagurazaka-san, you got a six-.”
 
Hearing this, Asuna grabbed her quiz, bowed silently, and then rushed out of the room. Her quick and loud footsteps were heard as she practically ran down the hallways. Yes! Free!
 
“That Asuna,” Ayaka growled lowly, “how dare she just take off like that without even showing Negi-sensei any respect.”
 
“Wow, Negi-kun,” Sakurako said aloud, “your teachings must have psychically filled Asuna's head if she passed on the first try; she usually took Takahata-sensei four or five tries before she passed these after-class sessions.”
 
“Uh, thanks,” was all Negi could say. However, he, and Kaede, could feel Asuna just passed so she could get away from him. Well, I guess it can't be helped. Not everyone likes their teacher… “Well, since the first quiz is now done, I'll provide some quick lessons and we'll try again, Sasaki-san, Ku-Fei-san, Nagase-san.”
 
“Let us know if we're in the way and we'll leave, sensei,” Ayaka spoke up.
 
“Oh, you six girls are perfectly fine; you've been quiet during this session and I'm grateful for it.”
 
Negi quickly gave his lesson before handing out new quiz papers, with different questions this time as to make sure the girls didn't pass simply by guessing the correct answer. Within five minutes, all three handed him their papers. “Better results this time, I see. Sasaki-san and Ku-Fei-san both got sevens. …And Nagase-san… another five…”
 
Kaede sweatdropped. “Sorry, Negi-sensei…”
 
“Least Kaede no have my problem, aru,” Ku-fei said, patting her friend on the back. “Me Chinese, so hard enough me learn Japanese and English.”
 
“I'll do better next time, Negi-kun,” Makie said, giving him a light pat on his head. “See ya!” She walked over to join Yuna and the other two sports club girls before leaving the room. Ku-Fei, bowed to Negi and then she, too, went on her way.
 
Kaede bowed lowly in apology. “Sorry I'm holding you up, Negi-sensei-.”

“There's no need to apologize, Nagase-san. After all, we both know no one is waiting for us back at our room at the moment, right?” Negi winked after saying this, making Kaede giggle.
 
Just then, Takahata entered the room, followed by Asuna. “Well, Negi,” he said with a smile, an unlit cigarette between his lips. “Down to just Kaede-san, I see. Nice work.”
 
“Oh, he's wonderful, Takahata-sensei,” Ayaka spoke up, she and Sakurako approaching. “He even got Asuna taken care of on the first try.”
 
“So I saw when I ran into her earlier. I brought her back because she forgot something.” Takahata turned to Asuna with a smile. “Didn't you, Asuna?”
 
With a slight frown, Asuna looked at Negi and quickly bowed. “Gomen nasai, Negi… sensei… I meant to thank you before leaving.”
 
“Thank you, Kagurazaka-san,” Negi replied, bowing in return. “Though, I must apologize that Takamichi brought you back simply for that.”
 
You should, you bozu!
 
Takahata then said, “Say, Negi, rather than you and Kaede-san staying here and going over lessons again, you two could take it back to your room. Since you're staying with her, I don't see the harm in that.”
 
Ayaka didn't like that idea at all; if Negi and Kaede went back to their room, she'd have no way of asking him to join her for dinner. Thinking quickly, she spoke up, “Uh, would Negi-sensei mind if I tagged along? Now that I think of it, I would like to go over some of today's lessons with him-.”
 
“Me, too, me, too,” Sakurako sang.
 
But Takahata shook his head at them. “Sorry, girls; that would be a bit rude since Negi needs to focus on Kaede first and foremost.” Not to mention Negi's got his own homework, which is really why I came by.
 
“You two could come by after dinner, de gozaru,” Kaede suggested, already done gathering her things to leave, as was Negi.
 
“A good idea. And before I forget, Negi…” Takahata pulled out a slip of paper from his jacket pocket to hand to Negi. “A note from the Dean. He asked me to give it to you.”
 
Negi takes the note and puts it into his pocket. “Arigato, Takamichi. I'll look at it after… after… ah… ah…”
 
Takahata's eyes widened; he'd seen Negi sneeze before and, given Negi was a wind-based wizard, knew what was going to happen. Acting on instinct, he stepped aside quickly.
 
“AH-CHOOOO!!!”
 
The sounds of clothing being ripped off filled the room as Asuna, Sakurako, and Ayaka were reduced to their underwear (bras and panties and, in Ayaka's case, slips) in seconds. They stood frozen in shock by what had just happened.
 
Takahata and Negi quickly turned away so they wouldn't stare, both their faces flushed, especially Negi's. “Uh, sorry,” they both muttered.
 
“…Bless you,” Sakurako said finally.
 
“Funny… the windows were closed,” Ayaka mentioned, “but where did… that gust of wind come from?”
 
Asuna glared daggers at Negi. She knew somehow it was his fault, unlike her two stunned classmates. And now Takahta had seen her in her underwear, especially her wool bear panties. That… that bozu no ecchi!
 
Kaede put a hand to her lips to suppress her laughter. “M-my… Negi-sensei sure has… a good set of lungs…”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“So, you're a wind mage,” Kaede said after Negi explained himself. They were back in her room, where she had taken one more quiz and managed to get an Eight. They ahd eaten dinner and now were relaxing at the table. “No wonder those sneezes of yours made Takahata-sensei unnerved.”
 
Blushing from recalling the incident, Negi was at work putting various ingredients into a chemistry cup that was set atop a lit Bunsen burner. “It's one of the major downsides of being an elemental wizard, I'm afraid. When one is young, it's hard to control it when you sneeze, but as you get older, you learn to keep it from doing things like that. I'm just thankful I'm not a fire mage or else I might have put those three girls into the hospital. Kagurazaka-san's going to be upset with me for a good while, too.”
 
“Ah, forget her if she can't take a joke. Besides, it wasn't like you did it on purpose. …So what are you doing?”
 
“I'm making a love potion; it's my homework assignment from Dean Konoe.”
 
“Homework? But you're a teacher.”
 
“To the outside world, yes; but to the Magic World, I'm still learning. Takamichi gave me my assignment before we came back, and I have a few days to finish and give Dean Konoe as sample. However, I should have it done by tomorrow.” Negi pulled out a small tube filled with various colored, rounded pills. “This is a tube of magic essence pills my grandfather used to own. I think my classmate Anya slipped it into my bag before I left Wales. I'm going to use one to speed things up a little.”
 
Kaede watched him take one pill, a red ne, and plop it into his potion. “Isn't that a little… dangerous?”
 
“Not really. See, it has to simmer overnight no matter what. The pill just acts as a replacement for the ingredients I don't have, most of which are hard to come by in Japan. Magic essence pills, according to what I researched, only provide enough of the missing ingredients without overdoing it. When I'm done, I need to strain out the potion so I can retrieve what's left of the pill. It'll be smaller than what it was originally, like… how to describe it… …a jawbreaker, yes.”
 
“I get it, Negi-kun. …I think.” Then, Kaede leaned over to sniff at Negi. “Say, Negi-kun… when was the last time you had a bath?”
 
Negi paused; he was finished with the potion, save for saying a certain incantation and then letting it simmer for half a day. “…Actually, with everything that's been going on, I don't think I've had a bath since I left Wales.”
 
As Negi then did the incantation, Kaede checked the clock on the microwave. “Well, nobody's in the bathhouse right now. And I haven't shown you that yet on the tours. What say we go take a bath once you finish?”
 
After reciting the incantation, which turned the lightly bubbling liquid pink, Negi turned to face Kaede. “I'm sorry, but I was concentrating on the incantation. What did you say, Nagase-san?”
 
“Let's go to the bathhouse and take a bath.”
 
The boy teacher's eyes widened. “Wh-what?! But… but… you and I… bathing… together?!”
 
Kaede smiled at his cute and surprised expression. “Hai. In Japan, mixed bathing isn't uncommon. And as I said, no one else should be there by now. So why don't we go freshen up? After all as cute as you are, the girls wont like a smelly teacher.”
 
But Negi bowed his head and twiddled his thumbs. “But… I… you see… It's rather…”
 
“What? What's wrong? …Ohhh, I get it. You don't like bathes, do you?”
 
Negi just shook his head.
 
At this, Kaede laughed. “You really are just a boy, Negi-kun. Still, I can be quite stubborn when it comes to these things.” Jumping quickly, she leaped over the table and scooped up Negi in her arms. “Besides, the bathhouse is a great place. You'll never see one like it outside of Mahora, let alone Japan. Come on.”

“Wa-wait! Nagase-san-!”

“Kaede.”
 
So Kaede carried Negi off to the bathhouse, but not until after she gathered a basket full of bath supplies and two towels. Negi was shocked that he saw Kaede walking beside him with their bath things AND carrying him at the same time. “What… what is this?”
 
“Secret ninja technique: shadow cloning. Luckily, nobody will notice. Just don't tell anybody.”
 
Soon they found themselves in the changing rooms. Kaede quickly set Negi down and then, after getting rid of her extra, started to undress. Right in front of Negi.
 
He turned away quickly, blushing like mad. “Na-Nagase-san!”
 
Giggling, Kaede soon stood only in her panties. “Negi-kun, I told you; mixed bathing isn't unheard of in Japan. Now start undressing. You don't' want to take a bath in your teacher's clothes, do you?”
 
Reluctantly, Negi began to undress. “But… I've never… bathed with someone else before.”
 
“Oh, don't worry.”
 
Suddenly, Negi found a bikini dangling in front of him.
 
“See? I thought this would help you get used to sharing a bath with a girl.” Kaede then pulled the bathing suit pieces back and, after removing her underwear, slipped into the bikini. “Once you're used to sharing a bath with another person, and a girl at that, then maybe… you and I can take a bath together naked.”
 
“NAGASE-SAN-!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha! Joking, I'm joking.” Kaede's eyes fell on Negi's naked from as he put his clothes in a nearby basket and took a towel. His back was to her, of course, but he was still cute. She picked up her towel and the basket of bath supplies. “Ready?”
 
“I… guess so.”
 
Giggling, Kaede put an arm around Negi's shoulder and lead/ushered him towards the bathhouse door. “Come on.”
 
After entering the double doors, Negi's moth fell open at the sight of the spacious room. In the middle was a giant pool, the main tub; off to the side was a Jacuzzi. Several small “islands” with plants and palm trees stood out near and in the main tub, as if to add a tropical feel to the bathhouse. A small amount of steam filled the air, to show the water was hot if not warm. “…Wow.”
 
“Go on in. The water's always kept warm. Get wet, so we can start getting you squeaky clean.” Kaede held a bar of soap in her hand. “And don't worry; my soap and shampoo aren't scented or anything girly.”
 
Negi slowly stepped into the bathwater, allowing his young body to adjust to the temperature. “How come?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“How come you don't use scented soaps?”
 
Kaede shrugged. “My training comes first and foremost. Unlike the rest of my class… well, most of my class, anyway… I just don't find boys attractive. Maybe I'm just a late bloomer.”
 
“So is Nekane. She's been so busy helping raise me and putting me through school she has yet to find her partner in life. …I hope she finds someone who will treat her kindly.”
 
“…What's she like, Negi-kun?” Kaede asked after Negi came out of the bath and sat on a stool for her to start washing his back. “You didn't bring any pictures with you from home, and between classes and our respective activities lately, I hardly get a chance to hear about your home.”
 
Negi smiled at the memory, and at how good Kaede made his back feel as she washed it. “She's a kind woman, with flowing blonde hair. Her calling was to be a nun in service to the church.”
 
“Gee, that sounds familiar.”

Kaede and Negi turned, gasping at the intruding voice. They saw a tall girl with short, spiky brown hair approach the, draped with a towel around her body. She waved at them with a smile. “Hello, Nagase-san, Negi-sensei. How's it going?”
 
“K-Kagura Misora,” Negi blinked, “seat 9?”
 
“That's me!”
 
“What… what have you heard,” Kaede asked, suddenly whipping out a kunai from somewhere in her bikini. “And why did you listen?”
 
“Easy, Nagase-san… I won't spill Negi-sensei's secret. After all, I'm not so different from him.” Misora walked over to step into the bath, but stopped at where the water reached her knees. “Ahhhhh! Nothing like a hot soak after a good day of track practice.”
 
Negi and Kaede eyed her suspiciously. She noticed this, and decided to change the mood by undoing her towel. This caused, as she saw out of the corner of her eye, Negi to blush and turn away. “Good boy, Negi-sensei; no peeking. Tee-hee!”
 
“Kagura-san, please explain what you meant by you and Negi-kun being no different from each other,” Kaede demanded.
 
Misora set her towel aside and sank into the water, sitting down on the tiled bathtub floor. “Come by the church tomorrow after classes. You'll both understand then. My boss, Sister Shakti, asked me to invite you. That's all I'll say for now. …Except that by now, the rest of our class will be on their way here for their bathes, so you and Negi-kun might wanna hurry up and get him clean and outta here before they arrive.” She turned to give Negi a sly grin.
 
“Unless… he wants to become corrupted at an early age.”
 
Negi and Kaede looked at each other, eyes wide open. Quickly, Kaede summoned three of her shadow clones and started to wash Negi all over, head-to-toe, with his help. No longer caring about Kaede seeing him naked, he allowed her to scrub, rinse, and dry him before she took him by the hand and rushed him back to the locker room to re-dress and run back to their room.
 
Sure enough, Negi passed several of the girls on his way, including Konoka, Makie, and Ayaka.
 
“Hi, Negi-kun,” Konoka said with a smile. “We're on our way to the bathes. Wanna join us?”
 
“Yeah,” Makie added, “I'll wash your back for you!”
 
Ayaka's face was red, not form embarrassment of her classmates' bold suggestions, but that they beat her to it. “G-girls, please! Negi-sensei-.”

“I just finished my bath, thank you,” Negi replied. “Please excuse me.”
 
“Awwwww!”
 
 
End Chapter Four
 
 
Closing notes: You know… I'm kinda disappointed with this chapter. Or maybe it's my pacing with the number of pages I do per chapter. Anyway, I wanted to do more than this, but… maybe it's better if I take my time and try not to go for too much. Or maybe I need to quit playing video games and concentrate more on my writing.
 
…Curse my liking of One Piece that I got the new Wii game, Unlimited Adventure.
 
Well, I apologize if this chapter isn't as good as the last three. But at least I'm starting to change a few things; or example, Negi making the love potion as homework and not out of trying to help Asuna. Also, if you've read the manga faithfully, be it either purchasing the Del Rey publications or looking up scanlations online, you know what Misora's gonna reveal to Kaede and Negi when they visit the church.
 
One thing I got in this chapter that I did want to use in the previous one during the party was Negi sneezing and blowing away Asuna, Ayaka, and Sakurako's clothes. I'll admit it, I'm a hentai. I bet Ken Akamatsu and I would get along fine if we worked together. Or maybe I'm just full of hot air.
 
Please read & review.