Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei ❯ Party & Peril, Part 2 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei
A Negima Alternate Universe fanfic by Robster80
 
Chapter 15: Party and Peril, Part 2 - 12 Lovestruck(?) Girls
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Negima or its characters, Ken Akamatsu does! I write fanfiction for fun, not profit.
 
Opening notes: This is a Negi/Kaede pairing story. If you do not like this pairing, or not like Kaede, then please stop reading, and no flames! Otherwise, please enjoy!
 
 
 
Friday's classes were either quick or slow, depending on different perspectives. Most of 2-A were anxious to get classes done so they could meet at Ayaka's new home and have their party. Earlier in the day, before classes, Ayaka held a quick meeting with Asakura, Yotsuba, Satomi, and Chisame to go over final preparations. Each girl stated they were ready with their parts of the plans, though Chisame was the least enthusiastic of the four.
 
“Once again, I thank you all for your assistance,” Ayaka told them, “especially you, Yotsuba. Sorry to dump the cooking for the party all on your shoulders.”
 
Yotsuba shook her head a little, smiling. “I'm used to this sort of thing, Iincho-san. Besides, you did say your servants wouldn't come until Saturday evening.”
 
“The “toys” will be over by 6pm tonight,” Satomi had said to Ayaka, “And so will the other equipment.”
 
“But remember, ladies,” Asakura warned, “Nobody must find out about what we're up to for the party. We wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, now would we?” She then gave Satomi a printed sheet of paper and said, “There's the data you wanted from me.”
 
The meeting ended with that as classes soon began afterwards. Again, Evangeline wasn't in class, but Negi had sadly adjusted to it. However, he knew, once he somehow got her back to class, she was going to be in for a long period of after-school sessions to make up for all the days she had played hooky.
 
I just need a little more training from Ku-san and Kaede-san first… then maybe formulate some plans with Misora-san…
 
Before anyone knew it, the final bell rang. Everyone closed their books, stood when prompted, and bowed to Negi before they began gathering their things and exiting the classroom. Kaede made her way to Negi first and whispered into his ear. “I'll get Heathcliff-dono and your things, Negi-kun. We'll meet you at Iincho's new home.
 
Negi gave her a nod before she walked out of the room. …Wait, did she say she'd bring-?
 
“Negi-sensei?”

He looked to see Chachamaru standing before him. “What is it, Chachamaru-san?”
 
“My master's homework; if I may have it, please?”
 
“…No, you may not.”

“Sensei?”

Negi looked at her firmly. “If she wants her homework, she has to come get it herself. And to do that, she MUST return to class.”
 
“…She will not like that.”
 
“I'm sure she won't.”
 
Chachamaru looked at Negi silently for a moment. Then, she turned her head and said, “Do not be alone this night…” and then she walked away.
 
Blinking, Negi watched her go. Did she just give him a warning? And was that concern in her voice? But why? Weren't they enemies?
 
“Negi-kun!”
 
“Ah! O-oh, Akashi-san,” Negi chuckled, seeing Yuna standing in the open doorway. “You startled me.”

“Sorry. Anyway, I want you to meet someone before you leave.” She reached to her left and pulled into view a tall man with glasses and matching hair to Yuna's. “Negi-kun, this is my dad, Professor Akashi. He teaches at the Mahora College. Dad, meet Negi Springfield.”
 
Prof. Akashi approached Negi and extended his hand. “It's nice to finally meet you, Negi-kun. I've been hoping to pay you a visit for a while now; Yuna's been telling me about you.”
 
Negi took his hand and shook it. “Nice to meet you, sir. I wish I could say I heard as much about you, however, I rarely have the chance lately to get to know Akashi-san better.”
 
“Well, maybe you two can make some arrangements. Also, if you want, I'll give you my blessing to make her your girlfriend.”

“You and Dean Konoe are a lot alike, you know that, dad?” Yuna comments with a funny smile after hitting her father over the head. “And you can't marry me off yet; I'm still taking care of you, you know.”
 
“Hai, hai. Say, Negi-kun, how about the three of us go out for a late lunch?”
 
Negi bowed apologetically. “Gomen nasai, Prof. Akashi. I must decline. I have a previous engagement to prepare for.”
 
Yuna frowned and her father sighed a little. “I understand. Perhaps sometime next week?”
 
“But of course.”
 
Yuna and Prof. Akashi say their goodbyes and leave the room, walking down the hallways together.
 
“So… He's Nagi Springfield's son, is he?”

“Yes, dad. …Would it okay with you, then? If I…?”
 
He gently ruffled Yuna's hair a little. “If he agrees, then yes. Now promise me you'll behave at this party tonight, Yuna. And also be careful. I can feel something is bound to happen tonight.”
 
“So do I. And I will, dad.” She jumps up to kiss his cheek. “Love you.”
 
“Love you, too, princess.” And they go their separate ways.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“Misora.”

Turning, Misora bowed at Sister Shakti. “Hai?”
 
“Have you finished all your chores?”

“Hai, Sister Shakti.”
 
“…So you're going to this party of your classmate's?”
 
Misora nodded. “Knowing Iincho-san, she'll have Negi-kun there. I'll be keeping an eye on him with Kaede.”
 
Sister Shakti smiled. “Good. However, I have one request.” She stepped aside to reveal Cocone, but in street clothes instead of her nun uniform. “Take Cocone with you. Just as a precaution.”
 
I know I'm not invited, but I'd like to go with you, Misora.
 
“You could say you had to babysit her at the last minute and I, as her guardian, gave permission to take her with you.”
 
“Why not? It wouldn't be a total lie. I just have to get back to the dorm and pack, and then we'll be off for Iincho-san's place.”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
With inhuman speed, Chachamaru typed away at one of the computers in the Mahora Academy computer lab. “If my calculations are correct, master,” she said to Evangeline, who stood near her, “I can temporarily knock out enough power to take out the force field that limits your powers.”
 
“How long will `temporarily' be?”
 
“At best, for only four hours; at the least, two hours. It depends on whether or not Satomi-sama is able to provide assistance with the problem.”
 
Evangeline rubbed her chin. “Well… we'll just have to ensure she stays put. Those stripper bots she made for the party, will they depend on the campus' power, or no?”
 
“Each Robot will have its own back-up power source, similar to a laptop computer.”
 
“Can you hack into them to keep them from letting anybody out of that mansion unless we say so?”
 
“I've taken the liberty to encode your command into their systems earlier. Once the power goes out, I can relay your orders to them wirelessly.”
 
“Fantastic! We'll strike as soon as the party starts-.”

“We cannot, master.”
 
“…What?!”
 
Chachamaru stopped typing and turned to her master. “Takane-san has homework to finish. And her mother strictly told her she must finish any and all homework before she may do anything else, aside from meals and timed bathroom breaks.”
 
Evangeline sweatdropped at this, a small vein popping on the one side of her forehead. “Glad I don't have a mother. As soon as she's free, we'll begin the fun. We just have to hope none of those ditzy girls kisses the boya.”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“I hope you enjoyed the tour, Negi-sensei,” Ayaka sang sweetly as she walked beside Negi. She had just provided a tour of the mansion to him and Kaede, the latter having dashed back to the dorm to grab Negi's things (and Heathcliff), and then joined Negi in a limo ride to the mansion. While Ayaka was surprised (and a bit upset) that Kaede chaperoned Negi, she understood that she herself had neglected to allow Negi the chance to go and fetch clothes for the night and the next day. “And you as well, Nagase-san.”
 
“Very nice, de gozaru… but what about our rooms?”
 
“I'm afraid that will have to wait, Nagase-san.”

“But it is heavy on my arms and back to carry Negi-kun's things. And you said you don't have your servants for another day-.”
 
“I was willing to take his luggage to his room for him-.”

“Or YOUR room, de gozaru. Or you'd take it to his room and then run your fingers through his clothing and such.”

Ayaka fumed; her face dark red. “I would never do such a thing!”
 
“So why do we see smoke coming from under your skirt, Iincho-san?” Misora asked as she and Cocone walked into view. Both of them wore casual clothes. “You know the saying… liar, liar, panties on fire…”
 
Negi bowed at them. “Ohayo, Misora-san, Cocone-san.”
 
Negi-sensei,” Cocone replied in her usual neutral tone, bowing.
 
“Uh, Iincho-sna, I hate to ask, but would you mind if my friend Cocone-chan here joins the party? I kinda got stuck babysitting her at the last minute, and I didn't; want to leave her alone and her guardian allowed her to come with me-.”
 
“Oh, it's no trouble, Misora-san. It's nice to meet you, Cocone-chan. I'm Yukihiro Ayaka.”

Cocone returned Ayaka's bow. Then, she turned to Negi and said, “Be wary about this one, Negi-sensei; I feel very strange sensations emitting from her.
 
“We noticed, thanks,” Kaede giggled, trying to hide her smirk behind a hand.
 
“Wh-what was that, you little-?!”
 
Misora grabbed Cocone and defensively pulled her away from an angry Ayaka. “Now, now, Iincho-san. Girls will be girls, after all.”
 
At least she's not showing any interest in Negi-sensei. *AHEM!* Well, shall we retire to the lounge until the rest of our guests arrive?”
 
“You mean them?” Misora asked, thumbing behind her as most of the girls of Class 2-A suddenly swarmed into the main hallway. Several gave squeals of delight to see Negi, while Asuna rolled her eyes.
 
“Oh great, the bozu's here, too. I suppose he's the guest of honor at this shindig, Ayaka?”
 
“You expected no less from me, Asuna? And here I expected you not to show.”
 
“Yeah, well, Konoka dragged me along with her. Just say the word, and I'll go-.”

“Oh no,” Asakura stated, rushing up to Asuna. “You're staying. You don't want to miss this party, do you?”
 
“Uh, yes, I-.”
 
At that moment, Yotsuba, with help from Chao-lin, carted in several tables filled with steaming hot food and bowls of punch, with plenty of silverware, plates, and cups. Asakura saw this and smiled. “See? You almost missed this feast.”

“Oh, fine,” Asuna grumbled, “I am a little hungry, anyways.”
 
“All right, everyone,” Ayaka said loudly, clapping her hands to get everyone's attention. “Line up in proper order! Negi-sensei's first, as he's the guest of honor. No cutting in line now-. Hey!” She glared at Kaede who had pushed her aside when she tried to get behind Negi in the line. “What's the idea, Nagase-san?!”

As she helped Negi move along the buffet tables, Kaede smiled at Ayaka. “You said it yourself; no cutting in line.”
 
“My house, my rules-!”

“Uh, Makie-san, would you-?”

With a snap, Makie cracked her gymnastics ribbon like a whip, snatching Ayaka and swinging her back to the end of the line. “Tee-hee! I always wanted to do that.”
 
Fuming more than ever, Ayaka straightened her dress and shuffled along at the end of the food line. Enjoy this brief moment, girls… for tonight, I, Yukihiro Ayaka, will have the final laugh!
 
After everyone had eaten their fill, Asakura escorted Negi and Cocone away and up to the mansion's second floor. After trekking down several long hallways, she brought them to a door and let them inside.
 
“This is your room, Negi-kun; feel free to unwind and relax while we girls play some warm-up games. Cocone, you keep him in here for a while until we're ready.”
 
Ready for what?

“Nuh-uh! That would spoil the surprise.” She hands Negi his backpack and then takes her leave. “…Perfect! Now to get back and get the game started.”
 
Chamo popped out of his hiding spot, which was in the front of Asakura's shirt. “The circle's all set; and it'll last until we don't need it anymore and I'll cancel it out.”
 
“Good! I'll see if Satomi's all set, and then we'll have the girls all taken to their rooms to begin the selection process.”
 
Back in the room, Heathcliff stuck his head out from the book-bag he had been hiding in, gasping for air. “I almost got claustrophobia in this thing-. GAH!” Upon seeing Cocone, Heathcliff ducked back into the book-bag.
 
“He-Heathcliff, what are you doing in my bag?” Negi asked, moving towards the book-bag and looking inside.
 
“Kaede said I could come as long as I kept quiet and out of sight.”

“She what?”
 
“Yeah, but she didn't say that little dragon-hater would be here!”
 
It was a last minute thing; Sister Shakti asked Misora to bring me,” Cocone explained, crossing her arms. “No one said you'd be here, either.

Heathcliff cautiously stuck his head out of the book-bag's mouth. “Tell you what - you keep your distance, and I'll keep mine. Deal?”
 
With a glare, Cocone nodded.
 
Negi shook his head, sighing. “Heathcliff, you shouldn't have come.”

“Aniki, Kaede and I agree the ermine and Asakura are up to something. What exactly, I don't know, but it can't be good for you. I mean, why else would that little nun's master send her here with Misora?”
 
“But how are we going to feed you?”

“I can wait until it's late at night and slip to the kitchen. Or I could order out. Is there a good Chinese take-out place nearby?”
 
Negi felt this was going to be one of those nights.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
As soon as Asakura returned to the group, she looked right at Ayaka. Their eyes locked; Asakura nodded with a smile, and Ayaka returned it with her own nod. It was time.
 
“Okay, girls,” Ayaka said loudly to get everyone's attention. “Who's up for a little game?”
 
“Huh?! A game?”

“But what about Negi-kun? We'd like him to play with us.”

“Yeah! Where is he?”

“Relax, girls, he's a part of the game,” Asakura explained. “Only he doesn't know it yet.”

“What kind of game are we talking about?” Kaede asked, getting up from her chair and casting a look towards Asakura. “What are you up to?”
 
“Wellllllllllllllll… I thought up of a fun little game for most of us to play. I call it… Lips Scramble.”

“Lips Scramble?” Makie repeated.
 
“That's the official name, yes. It's also called Kiss Negi-kun.”

This caused a chorus of squeals of delight from the group, especially Makie and Sakurako. However, Asuna and Kaede respectively frowned at the idea of the game, especially Kaede.
 
Lips Scramble, AKA Kiss Negi-kun, huh? Misora thought, also none too pleased with the idea. I smell two rats, and one of them is in ermine clothes.
 
K-kiss… a k-kiss with N-N-Negi-sensei… Nodoka's face turned bright red, the image of her and Negi locking lips replaying repeatedly in her mind. This caught the attentions of both Haruna and Yue, both of whom started to make plans secretly.
 
“So who gets to play this game?” Fuka asked excitedly.
 
“Yeah, yeah, how does it work?” added Fumika.
 
“First off, we'll introduce the staff behind the game, those who will not be participating. I, for one, am the mastermind behind this game so I'll be hosting. Satomi and Chisame are technical support, so they'll be working the cameras and whatnot. Yotsuba is in charge of the meals and snacks, so she can't join. And, of course, three of our classmates didn't show up at all, so they're automatically out. That leaves 24 girls left to draw names in a special lottery; we'll divide you into groups of four, and two from each group will be paired up into teams to play.”
 
Then Asakura tapped her chin, remembering something. “Actually, make that 23 of you. Since Ayaka's graciously hosting this party in the first place, she automatically gets to be a contestant in the game.”
Ayaka bowed to Asakura. “It was the only way I'd agree to such a game.”

“Why doesn't that surprise me?” Asuna said loudly, her eyebrow twitching.
 
Misora worked her way to Kaede and pulled her to one side. “You thinking what I'm thinking, Kaede?
 
Pactio scam. I overheard Asakura and Chamo talking about it in her room. That's why I decided to come to this little party after all. And why I brought Heathcliff with Negi and me; he's with him and Cocone now.

You what?! You know how Cocone is with dragons-!
 
I'm sure we can trust those two to put aside their differences for at least one night.
 
At that moment, Satomi and Yutsoba wheeled in a large machine. They set it up at the one wall and Asakura waved everyone over. “Come on over, ladies - we'll be starting the lottery as soon as the machine's plugged in. We'll input the 23 names, and the machine will randomize the lucky winners for each team. And I assure no, there is no rigging of the lottery, period.”
 
Shoot,” Misora cursed lightly. “If it was a normal, non-mechanized lottery, I could use my magic to ensure we'd both be among the 11 other girls.
 
I'm going… to kick Asakura's ass for this later. And that ermine's going to become a pair of gloves.
 
Once she plugged the machine into an electrical socket, Satomi went to the controls and began inputting the data. “Okay, here we go. I've set up Ayaka as one of the two members of group 1, so her spot is already confirmed and not overwritten by the CPU. With a press of this button,” she added, a finger pressing down on a blue button. The screen began to show names of the 2-A girls at high speed. After 10 seconds, the speed began to decrease and the names could be more visible and readable. The speed began to slow down more and more until one name appeared on the screen, blinking in red.
 
“Winner,” Satomi announced happily. “Ayaka's partner in group one is Chizuru Naba!”
 
Blushing, Chizuru waked up from Natsumi to stand beside Ayaka amidst the applause of the other girls.
 
Satomi then went back to her control panel. “Okay, with that out of the way, and to speed things up, I've set it so the lottery will show two names for the remaining five teams.”
 
However, unbeknownst to anyone but Asakura, Satomi was keying in a command that would ensure certain girls would be picked for the next team. Once she was done, she hit the blue button again.
 
“Group 2 - Ku-Fei and Kaede Nagase!”
 
Misora and Kaede blinked at this, stunned.
 
“Kaede-neechan's so lucky,” Fuka said aloud.
 
“No fair,” Sakurako moaned. “Kaede's Negi-kun's guardian and roommate, she shouldn't be allowed to participate.”
 
“You sure that machine isn't rigged?” asked Mana, raising an eyebrow.
 
Kaede looked at Asakura, who just gave a quick and unnoticed wink. …Okay, for that I won't kick your ass that much.
 
“Aiya,” Ku sighed, blushing. “This big deal. Not only will be Negi-bozu's first kiss, but mine as well.”
 
IF I let you, Kaede thought as she and Ku stood off to one side.
 
“Group 3 - Fuka and Fumika Narutaki!”
 
The twins hopped up and down with joy.
 
“Group 4 - Asuna Kagurazaka and Misora Kasuga!”
 
You have to had plan this, didn't you, Asakura? Misora thought. Still, now that Kaede and I are both in the game, that means we both can ensure Negi-kun's lips are protected, and no pactios are made without Negi-kun's consent.
 
“I DON'T WANNA KISS A BOZU!” Asuna roared. “I don't even wanna play this stupid game! Konoka, you want to take over for me?”

“Sure-.”

“REJECTED,” Asakura shouted. “Sorry, but those who are picked to play cannot switch out with another person! You're in, Asuna.”
 
“But I'd gladly take her spot.”

“Konoka, no switching players! Those are the rules.”
 
“Fine… but I won't kiss the bozu!”
 
“Fair enough.”
 
The lottery resumed. “Group 4 - Yue Ayase and Nodoka Miyazaki!”
 
“Okay,” Haruna shouted excitedly. “You go, Nodoka!”
 
“I'll make sure you get to be the one who kisses Negi-sensei,” Yue assured her friend.
 
“But… but Yue…”
 
“And Group 6…” Satomi said, hitting the blue button one last time to start the lottery again.
 
The others watched with baited breath. The, two names flashed in red on the screen…
 
“…Yuna Akashi and Makie Sasaki!”

“WAHOO!” Makie yelled excitedly.

“Awesome,” Yuna said, pumping a fist.
 
Sakurako, Misa, and Madoka were on their knees, crying. They wanted to be involved in the game, too. “It's not fair….” They wailed in unison.
 
“Glad I wasn't picked,” Mana muttered. She turned to Akira.“How about you?”
 
“I'm torn between being miffed and being sorta happy. I'd hate to compete against Ku and Kaede, and especially Makie and Iincho-san.”
 
“I wouldn't have minded,” Ako admitted.
 
Inside Asakura's clothes, Chamo chuckled secretly. “Phase one… complete!
 
 
 
End Chapter 15
 
Closing notes: And here's Chapter 15, leading into the Kiss Negi game. The players have been chosen, and Negi's been placed in the goal. I'll divulge into the rules in chapter 16.
 
Things have been a little hectic around my turf lately. My real life job filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy back in August, due to some poor management calls and the state of the economy. My coworkers and I have been nervous about what's going to happen. And I'll admit I've thrown myself into video games to try and cheer me up.
 
Especially Mega Man 9, which was released on the Wii, PS Network, and XBLA recently and respectively. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the old school Mega Man series.
 
And the big game as of late is Disgaea 3. If any of you have played the previous Disgaea games, you know how time-consuming and addictive that series can be.
 
Please read & Review, and I'll try to work on Chapter 16.
 
Oh, and one more thing… for those of you who comment that the story is listed as complete when I'm still writing it, I'll explain… The last time I posted a story and listed it as In Progress or whatever, it NEVER showed up on the website. After that, I stuck with posting stores as complete. Hope that clears things up.
 
-R80