Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei ❯ Party and Peril, Part 3 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei
A Negima Alternate Universe fanfic by Robster80
 
Chapter 16: Party and Peril, Part 3 - Risks
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Negima or its characters, Ken Akamatsu does! I write fanfiction for fun, not profit.
 
Opening notes: This is a Negi/Kaede pairing story. If you do not like this pairing, or not like Kaede, then please stop reading, and no flames! Otherwise, please enjoy!
 
 
 
With the six teams of two picked out for the game Lips Scramble (Kiss Negi-Kun), it was time for the initial set up of the game. Asakura explained the rules to the twelve girls after everybody changed from their casual clothes to robes similar to those worn at night at hotels in Japan.
 
“How it works is thus, ladies… each team starts off somewhere in the vast mansion. Negi-kun is located somewhere, staying in a room only I know the location of, as per an agreement between Iincho-san. In other words, even she doesn't know where his room is, so you'll all have an equal chance of looking for him. The only weapons you can have and use are two pillows for each team member. If you strike an opponent on another team with anything other than those pillows, you're out of the game. Also… Satomi?”
 
Grinning, Satomi whipped out a small trigger device form inside her one sleeve and pressed it. “To make things a little more interesting and challenging, I've developed these babies for the game.” She waved an arm to the side as several robots that looked like Super Battle Droid knockoffs hobbled into the room. “These guys will be patrolling the hallways and some are even hiding in certain rooms. I will now demonstrate what they do. Chao, if you please?”

“Huh?! Me? …Okay.” Chao stepped up to one of the robots.
 
“These guys, when they notice an intruder, namely the players, will do this! Unit number one, demonstration mode; target, Chao Lingshen.”
 
The robot before Chao beeped once, its eyes glowing blue. Raising its arm at her, it fired a small beam at her. Upon impact, Chao's robe disintegrated instantly, leaving her only in her bra and panties.
 
“If you're hit by one of those beams, you're out. Presenting the stripper-bot, Mk I.”
 
“You guys are sad, sad people, I want you know that.” Asuna grumbled loudly.
 
“Th-this isn't what I had in mind at all,” Ayaka stated, flabbergasted. “Asakura, when were you going to tell me this?”
 
“Sorry, it must have slipped my mind. Anyway, if you're not wearing any undies beneath those robes, now might be a good time to put some on, players. Also, in case there are any injuries, I'd like to assign Ako and Akira as our makeshift medic team. You up for it, ladies?”
 
“Okay.”
 
“Not much of a medic, but beats going up against those robots.”
 
“And now for the last rule, ladies… the kiss you must give Negi-kun mustn't be just a simple kiss, like on the forehead or the cheek. In order to score big in this game, you must kiss him… on the lips. And the game ends when most or everybody has had a chance to kiss Negi's lips.”
 
“Oh gag me,” Asuna grumbled. “I'll leave that to you, Misora.”
 
“If you insist…” Misora said, sweat-dropping a bit. That'll make it easier to avoid making an unnecessary pactio. However, I gotta make sure Asuna doesn't see it happen.
 
Yue, while showing hardly any emotional expression, had a grim look in her eyes. Grim…. but determined. “We have our work cut out for us, Nodoka.”
 
“Yue… I don't know if… I want to play now…” Nodoka muttered, feeling very, very nervous.
 
Chizuru taped her one cheek in thought, contemplating aloud the rules and course of the game. “Kissing on the lips at the risk of being stripped… this sounds like a pervert's game to me, but it does sound fun.”
 
“Remember, Chizuru, I will be the first to kiss Negi-sensei,” Ayaka stated.
 
The Narutaki twins had conflicting views on the game…
 
“If we win, we get to kiss Negi-kun's lips…”

“But we gotta go through this place with those robots, sister… I don't wanna be naked!”
 
Makie blushed, but looked determined. “Tee-hee! Negi-kun's first kiss… and mine, too… I'm going to win no matter what.”
 
Yuna, meanwhile, was trying to think about her own motives. If I can get to Negi-kun first, and somehow distract Makie, then maybe…
 
Ku pumped a fist, looking as if she were about to enter the latest and biggest martial arts tournament. “Robots no scare me. We find way together, right, Kaede?”
 
“Uh, right…” The first kiss should be special… for Asakura and Chamo to pull this on Negi-kun… Misora-san and I must make sure his lips are untouched.
 
The other girls began placing bets, using meal tickets. The bets were on whom would be the first to get to and/or kiss Negi. Among the bets, the most were placed on Ayaka, Makie, and Kaede; though Haruna put bets on Nodoka.
 
“The game will begin in 15 minutes,” Satomi announced, “to give time for the robots to position themselves and for final checks on the cameras. In five minutes, we'll have the teams position themselves at their respective starting points. And remember, even if your partner is forced out of the game, you may continue without them. Prepare yourselves, ladies…”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“What is taking her so damn long?” Evangeline snapped. She was pacing back and forth inside her cottage home on campus while Chachamaru watched her. “If we don't hurry, that boya's gonna be up to his staff's height in pactio partners. Have they started the game yet?”
 
Chachamaru went back to the computer and inserted her pinky fingertip into the USB slot. “…It begins in 10 minutes and 37 seconds, master.”
 
“Damn! …Gimme a rundown of the girls involved in this damn game of theirs.”
 
“Hai. …They are broken into six groups of two. The pairs are as follows: Yukihiro Ayaka and Naba Chizuru, Sasaki Makie and Akashi Yuna, Kagurazaka Asuna and Kasuga Misora, Ayase Yui and Minazaki Nodoka, Narutaki Fuka and Fumika, and Ku Fei and Nagase Kaede.”
 
Evangeline twitched at several of the names. “Akashi… Kasuga… Ku… and Nagase?! Damn that boya! He and/or Asakura sure picked out some good candidates! And I don't trust Iincho, either. Brains and wealth… if she becomes that boya's partner…” Evangline reached into her one pocket and yanked out a cellphone. Her thumbs quickly punched in the keys to text Takane.
 
“Screw your homework,” she muttered darkly as she typed, “and get your ass here now! Must take down Springfield immediately.” When she finished, she hit the send button. “That should get her attention.”
 
Three minutes passed before her cell buzzed with a reply form Taken. However, as she read it, Evangeline frowned.
 
Gimme a break! Gotta finish my Trig homework no matter what - I am struggling with this class, okay?!
 
“Struggling? With Trigonometry? …If she's watching that stupid “Red VS. Blue” junk again online, I'm gonna suck her blood clean out of her.”
 
Chachamaru smiled away from Evangeline. Little did the vampire realize it was Chachamaru who had introduced the machinema series to Takane. I find it quite humorous…
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
“…And the game begins,” Asakura announced excitedly, microphone in hand while standing beside a huge widescreen TV that showed the first level map of the mansion. “Our six pairs are now moving through the mansion at a cautious pace, trying to find their target, Negi Springfield! Who will be the first to find him and score a passionate kiss on his cute boyish lips? Will it be the Narutaki Twins, the youngest of the teams? Will it be the dynamic duo, Kaede and Ku? What about the sports team, Makie and Yuna? There's still time for some side bets, ladies.”
 
Perched on Asakura's shoulder, Chamo looked over at the screen, watching the groups move in different and/or similar directions. What an idea this was! I'll score beaucoup ermine bucks with all the pactios we score in this game, plus we can weed out the weaker partners so Aniki will have a suitable teammate against that Evangeline. …I only hope nothing goes wrong. But, how can it? We kept it tight lipped from Evangeline and her robot trooper, and that dragon's stuck back at the dorms.
 
In Negi's room, Heathcliff sneezed suddenly. Luckily, though, he didn't accidentally blow fire when he did.
 
Meanwhile, Asuna and Misora were moving at a slow pace. Of course, Asuna didn't care about participating at all; she didn't like Negi, let alone loathed the idea of kissing him on the lips. If it had been Takahata, on the other hand, she would have more motivation. Then again, she'd kill or clobber the other girls in the game to get to Takahata first.
 
“Man, this sucks,” she groaned. “I've got half a mind to just find one of those striper bots and let them tag me out of this game. …Though I'd rather not be totally stripped, what with all the cameras set up, knowing Asakura… I bet that bozu's watching us, hoping we all get naked for his viewing pleasure.”
 
“Ten-year-old boys don't have any interest in sex, Asuna,” Misora calmly said. “And Negi-kun IS a proper English gentleman.”
 
“Not for long, if he hangs around our class long enough.”
 
“He has other concerns right now.” Misora then paused, and closed her eyes. Without speaking, she began invoking an incantation.
 
“What other concerns would he have? …Misora?” Asuna cocked her head at seeing Misora so still, eyes closed, and silent. “Uh, what are you doing? …You trying to think about what other-?”
 
“Asuna… sssssh!”
 
“Huh?! …Oh, I get it. You're thinking-.” Asuna then turned around, looking about. Or… she somehow heard one of those robots coming our way!
 
Misora then opened her eyes. “Okay, follow me, Asuna,” she said, moving to her left to a hallway. “But keep quiet.”
 
Now even more confused, Asuna nodded dumbly, walking after Misora.
 
Meanwhile, several rooms down, Nodoka watched as Yui seemd to be checking the walls for something. Nervous ever since before the game started, Nodoka kept glancing about, worried one or more of the robots would find them. “Y-Yui… maybe we… we should get going… you know… before-.”
 
“Just a second, Nodoka,” Yui replied nonchalantly, moving along the one wall f the room they were in. “I think I've… almost found it.”
 
“Found what?”
 
“Don't ask me why, but I looked at the blueprints and designs for this place while it was being built. This is a more western-style house than anything, and that means…”
 
Yui then paused her speech, looking behind a large loveseat. “…Here it is.” Yui then moved back and began to push against the loveseat.
 
“Yui! What are-?”
 
“Nodoka, help me,” Yui quickly ordered. “We need to get this out of the way if we're to get going.”
 
“O… Okay…” Nodoka walked over and helped Yui, putting her strength into helping move the loveseat further down until a large grating in the lower wall was revealed. Once it was, Yui moved to it and quickly unscrewed it, removing the grating so the vent was now open.
 
“The airvents are pretty large, providing lots and lots of air into the house, hot or cold. We should be able to crawl through the vents to the next floor.”
 
“The next floor?”

Yui nodded. “It's the only logical place for Negi-sensei to be placed for this game.”
 
“But… we could have just taken the stairs-.”

“This way, though, we avoid the robots and keep our clothes intact. Now come on! Hurry!”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“…No good,” Yuna hissed to Makie quietly, back against the wall as she stood near a corner of the connecting passageways. Around the corner, that she had just managed to look around quickly was one of Satomi's stripper-bots, standing very still. “Knowing Satomi's robotic genius, that thing will pick us up no matter what we do to try and slip past it.”
 
“There's gotta be some way,” Makie moaned in a hushed voice. “If we stay here too long, Iincho or one of the others will find Negi-kun first and kiss him. Can't… can't we do what you do in those video games you like so much?!”
 
Yuna smiled sadly. “Pulling that off in Metal Gear Solid, and doing the same in real life is two totally different things, Makie.” Though I COULD pull it off… if I was alone. Stealth is best done solo, not in teams. …Very cleaver, Kazumi Asakura.
 
Yuna suddenly heard the robot's sensors beep. Her eyes widened; did it find them somehow?
 
“AH-HA!” They heard a familiar shout. “Gotcha, you-! …Uh-oh.”

“S-Sister! It's one of the stripper-bots!”
 
Yuna took a quick look around the corner. Pulling back, she turned to Makie with a grin. “The Fukas just gave us a break; let's book while that robot's distracted!”
 
“Okay!” and Makie dashed past Yuna.
 
“M-Makie, no, wait-!”
 
“Look out!”
 
“Targets acquired.”
 
Yuna flinched a bit, and then she saw Makie get struck by a beam from the bot's mouth after Fuka and Fumika ran aroind the bot on either side and it turned in time to attack Makie instead. “Sorry, Makie,” she said quickly as she rushed behind her teammate and past the intersecting hallway.
 
Makie was now down to her panties from the beam. She screamed in embarrassment, arms over her front. “ACK! YUNA, HOW COULD YOU!”
 
“Bye, see ya!”

“Nice panties, Makie-san.”
 
“FUKA, FUMIKA, YOU TWO ARE IN DEEP WITH ME, TOO-! ACK!” Makie suddenly tripped her foot and hit the floor on her backside. “Owie! Owie!”
 
“Injured party member. Proceeding with safety protocol.”

Makie blinked as the stripper-bot scopped her up in its arm and began to carry her off. “Hey, where are you taking me?!”
 
“Taking injured party member to nursing team, per protocol.”
 
“…Well, that's awfully nice of Satomi to include that in your programming.” Makie looks down the hallway as she was carried. But then she spotted two people - Ayaka and Chizuru, hiding around one corner. “…Say, stripper-bot, can you answer questions?”
 
“Inquiries are acceptable from participants now excluded from game.”
 
“Okay. So, while you're required to take me to the nursing station, what happens if you run across those who are still participating in the game?”
 
“Primary protocol overrides all other protocols.”
 
“So you'd have to go after the participants?”

“Affirmative.”

Makie grins deviously. “In that case…” She points. “I see Ayaka and Chizuru around that corner!”
 
The bot stopped and turned its head. Sure enough, there were the two girls Makie pointed out. “Targets acquired. Initiating primary protocol.”
 
“Oh my!”

“Sasaki, you-!”
 
Makie still grinned. “I don't get my kiss, you don't get yours, Iincho. Better run, Chizuru.”
 
Without a word, Chizuru took off while Ayaka stood shocked just long enough for her to be hit by the bot's beam. “Sorry, Ayaka. But there's always next time,” Chizru said as she ran.
 
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!”
 
Makie gave a low whistle upon seeing Ayaka now wearing only lacey undergarments, including a garter belt. “Nice sleazy underoos, Iincho.”
 
“Sh-shush, you! Most of my unmentionables are in the wash right now!” Ayaka began stomping her foot. “This is unfair! Unfair, unfair, UNFAIR!”
 
“I-Iincho, look-!” Makie didn't finish as Ayaka's stomping caused a vase on a shelf overhead to fall off, crashing onto Ayaka's head and knocking her out. “Hoo, boy. …Well, bot, do your duty. She's gotta come with us.”
 
“Affirmative. Initiating secondary protocol.”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“And two of our players are out,” Asakura announced a everybody else watched form the multiple screens. “Now Yuna and Chizuru are on their own, unless they pair up, which is still allowed.”
 
“Tee-hee-hee! Makie and Iincho got doublecrossed,” Sakurako laughed.
 
“Hey, is that allowed, Satomi?” Konoka asked Satomi. “That doesn't seem fair, Makie taking advantage of pointing out Iincho like that.”
 
“Wellllllll… I guess I could have programmed my bots better.” Satomi then took out her laptop and began typing away. “I'll transfer a new protocol preventing something like that happening again.”
 
“Say, has anybody noticed Yue and Nodoka aren't on the screens?” Haruna pointed out.
 
“Hey, that's right! They're gone.”
 
“Where'd they go?”
 
“Maybe they chickened out?”
 
“No, they'd be back here with us by now.”
 
“They must be sneaking around somewhere in the mansion.”
 
“Hey, look! Kaede and Ku mad it to the second floor!”
 
Asakura grinned, looking at one of the screens. “Ah, so they did. And it looks like Misora and Asuna are up there, too. Who will be the first to find Negi-kun and get that kiss?”
 
Those four had better hurry, Chamo thought as he remained inside Asakura's dress. Suddenly, I have a bad feeling something's going to happen…
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“…There we go,” Negi said with a smile, holding a small paper double with his name written in perfect kanji. “It took me five times, but I finally got my name in kanji right.”
 
Cocone nodded approvingly. “Now you just say the incantation and it will create a perfect double in your place.
 
“Wonder if this is what got the whole cloning idea started?” Heathcliff asked himself as he watched.
 
Negi then stood up, still holding the double. “Well, let's give it a try.”
 
“Uh, you sure about this, aniki? There's no need for you to go about this just for my sake.”

“I'm a bit hungry, too, Heathcliff. Besides, Asakura told me I had to stay here for the while, so this will ensure no one will be the wiser while the three of us sneak down to the kitchens and get snacks.” Negi then cleared his throat and began the incantation. “O Talisman, O Talisman, please become my double and take my place!”
 
The paper double began to glow and float from Negi's hand before there was a flash of light and a POP noise. The paper double was now an exact double of Negi. “Good evening,” it said, bowing politely. “I'm Negi.”
 
“Excellent!” Negi grabbed his book bag and gently put Heathcliff into it. He turned back to the Negi double. “You stay here and pretend to be me, and keep quiet. We'll be back after we go to the kitchen and get some snacks.”
 
The Double bowed again. “Understood. I, Negi, will stay here.”
 
Negi and Cocone then slipped out of the door and began to quietly move down the hallway.
 
“Say, Cocone-san, where did you learn to use paper doubles? I thought you, Misora-san and Sister Shakti were Western Mages like me.”
 
It was an ally of Misora's in your class. She taught Misora and Misora taught me.
 
“Ah, I see. …Who was it?”
 
Cocone shook her head. “Sorry, it's a secret.
 
Back in the room, the Negi double turned to look at the trash can, which was now glowing. Slowly rising out of it appeared more Negi doubles - the doubles that Negi has miswrote his name in kanji on and thrown away earlier. One by one, four new doubles appeared.
 
“It's nice to meet you all,” the Negi double said. “I'm Negi.”
 
“I'm Nugi.”
 
“I'm Migi.”
 
“I'm Hogi.”
 
“I'm Yagi.”
 
 
 
 
“About time,” Evangeline snapped as Takane appeared. “Chachamaru's been keeping me updated on that stupid kissing game boya's involved in.”

“Kissing game?”
 
“Nevermind that! We're lucky none of those idiotic girls locked lips with him yet. But now, with you finally here…” Evangeline gave a dark chuckle. “We can begin. Chachamaru, get to work!”
 
“Hai, mistress. I'll have the power out in five minutes.”
 
 
End Chapter 16
 
 
 
 
 
 
Closing notes: Annnnnnnnnnnnd I'm back! Sorry for the long wait, folks; as some of you are aware, things are tough all over the world, and I've been trying to get by as best I can.
 
Also, it's a good thing I held back on this chapter. Because, as of Negima chapter 234… KAEDE FINALLY GETS HER PACTIO WITH NEGI!! WHOOT!
 
…Ahem. My apologies, I got too excited there. Anyway, while I won't say much more to avoid more spoilers, Kaede's artifact is barely explored, so who knows what will happen in the official manga. So be warned - I am going to take some creative approaches to her pactio here in my story. Like it or not, you at least have been warned. Just remember these terms, please: this is fanficiton, and not all fanfiction is faithful to the source, especially in alternate retellings.

Please read & Review. Hope you've enjoyed this, and see you next chapter.
 
-R80