Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Tearing Down Barriers ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ken Akamatsu owns Negima
 
“I'm sorry, Ojousama, but we can't be doing this.” Setsuna firmly but gently grabbed the healer's wrists and lowered them down to Konoka's side. A low rumbling from the weather's unpredictable nature sounded off in the distance notifying the residents that a storm was brewing. Unaware, two young women stood in the middle of the sidewalk in front of Konoka's house. A flash of lightening lit up the black, velvet, night sky followed by cascading rain soaking everything mercilessly.
“Why, Set-chan?” Konoka cried as tears mixed with the rain streamed down her cheeks.
Setsuna looked away unable to bear watching Konoka crying, “Because you and I are different, you know that. You are the sole heir to the Magic Association. Standing next to one such as I would only tarnish and dirty your good name. I won't allow that.” A deafening roar of thunder resounded shaking the ground from the vibration but neither women noticed or cared.
“I don't care! All I want is us to be together, why is that so difficult?” Konoka tried to touch Setsuna's face, but Setsuna stepped back. Hurt was evident on the healer's features as she slowly lowered her hands. The rain soaked the two completely.
“Ojousama, you should head inside. I can't allow you to get sick.” Setsuna swallowed back the tears that threatened to come. Konoka looked at Setsuna's downcast eyes hoping to see a shred of doubt in Setsuna's firm objection. Seeing the samurai not willing to look at her, Konoka nodded and turned toward the house. She prayed that Setsuna would eventually stop her but nothing came from the silent girl. As Konoka opened the door, she chanced a peek behind her. Setsuna had disappeared.
 
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
 
The storm only seemed to increase its anger as the hours slipped pass. The cold, harsh wind attacked Setsuna as she walked down the empty city. Anger poured out of her heart as she replayed the last scene she had with Konoka. `I hurt her again! All I ever do is hurt her. I'm suppose to be protecting her, yet the one who causes her tears is me.' Gritting her teeth, she felt the tears stinging her eyes.
Her hair danced wildly in the wind and her clothes stuck to her body, but she didn't care. Because of her training, she was used to harsh conditions. `Why can't we be together?' She knew why she held back. She was afraid. `No more, I can't keep hurting her like this because of my fear. I've got to take control. No more running away from her.' She clenched her fists then turned around heading back to Konoka's house. She wasn't going to waste anymore precious time.
Konoka was too important to her, and she was not going to let her go. `Even if I do get hurt, I prefer it to be with her. I just want to be with her.' She broke out in a run. Sliding to a stop in front of the house, she raised her fist ready to pound on it, but she hesitated. `What if..NO, I've lived my life through `what if's' I'm tired of always second guessing myself.' With her resolve renewed, Setsuna knocked on the door with a ferocious desperation.
Setsuna continued to knock on the door not caring about the loud noise she created or how late it was; she needed to be with Konoka. A faint glow flickered on showing itself through the door window. Setsuna's body unconsciously shivering from the icy rain and wind, “Kono-chan, please open up.” Her voice pleaded. Her emotions was building up as Setsuna felt her self-control for the healer grow weaker.
The door slowly opened revealing a small girl hugging her housecoat around her slim body and her face telling a tale of never-ending tears. Setsuna waited for Konoka to open the door all the way before she felt her control break. The need to touch Konoka filled her. Setsuna wanted to know not guess how soft Konoka's skin was, the taste of Konoka's kiss, the feel of Konoka's body pressed against her own. Slipping through the door and not allowing the healer to voice her question, Setsuna pressed her lips against the shocked mage.
Hungrily tasting Konoka, Setsuna ran her hand to caress Konoka's silken cheek. No more would she allow fear to control her life. Even if Konoka pushes her away, Setsuna had to know. Feeling bolder by the second, she allowed her tongue lightly run across the surface of Konoka's lips signaling she wanted entry. Setsuna slowly pushed Konoka back to close the door behind her with her foot. She wrapped her arm around the startled girl's waist pushing her up against the wall.
Konoka was trying to understand what the hell was going on. Tonight was definitely confusing in the least. First Setsuna was told her that nothing could happen between them, then Konoka cried herself to sleep, and finally she answered the door to face a soaked Setsuna, who was now kissing her. Snapping herself out of her dazed state, she responded to Setsuna's hunger with her own.
After what seemed like precious seconds, they broke apart. “Set-chan?”
“I'm sorry, Kono-chan, please forgive me.” Setsuna laid another kiss on her ojousama's soft, swelling lips. It was less assertive but held the same amount of intensity. Brushing back Konoka's hair, which somehow became tangled in Setsuna's fingers, Setsuna rained kisses along Konoka's face. She didn't want to leave an inch untouched.
Konoka for the most part was not displeased with the turn of events, but she was still confused about everything, “I thought that you didn't want me.”
“Never, I've always wanted you.' Setsuna kissed the girl's forehead, “I've never stopped. Being so close to you yet never able to touch you was maddening.' She kissed Konoka's nose, “I couldn't seem to stop myself from wanting to reach out and touch you.' Konoka felt her tears fall once more, “I don't trust myself whenever I'm with you, which is why I wanted to keep you at a distance. I'm sorry that I hurt you through all these years.' Setsuna begun kissing away Konoka's tears, “I promise that if you take me; I will never leave you again.” Setsuna kissed the last of Konoka's tears; she held her heart out to the healer, who was slowly recovering from her initial shock.
“Take you?” A blush formed on Setsuna's face at the implications of the phrase.
“I'm yours, if you're willing to have me.” Her voice and bravado seemed to lessen.
Konoka watched the girl before her look her in the eyes. The samurai's blush deepened to a darker color red, but she refused to turn away from Konoka's eyes. Konoka reached out and cupped the fragile girl's face, “And I, you.” She leaned in to kiss Setsuna, but Setsuna sneezed.
Silence filtered the area other than the sound of the building storm outside for a few seconds before the two laughed, “You poor dear, you must be freezing. Follow me to the bathroom; I'll get you warmed up in no time.” Konoka grabbed Setsuna's hand and started to lead her to the bathroom. Stopping short, Konoka looked behind her to find Setsuna watching her. “What's wrong?”
“I love you.” Her voice was quiet and Konoka had to strain to hear the words. Konoka didn't believe she could be shocked anymore tonight but was proved wrong. Setsuna smirked as she pulled Konoka toward the bedroom, “I have a better idea on how to warm me up.” Without warning, Setsuna picked Konoka up and carried her across the threshold of the room.
Setting Konoka carefully on the bed, Setsuna leaned down a bit more and kissed her princess. Running the surface of her tongue across the roof of Konoka's mouth, Setsuna pulled away. Konoka couldn't stop the flow of tears this time. Setsuna gave her a knowing smile, “It seems all I do is make you cry.” Setsuna's hand wiped away some tears. Konoka gave her knight a watery smile. She wrapped her arms around Setsuna's neck and pulled her on top of her, holding her near. Setsuna laughed as she tried to pull away, “I'm all wet, Kono-chan, at least let me get out of these wet clothes.”
“I don't mind. All I care is that you're here with me.' Setsuna was about to object because she didn't want Konoka to catch a cold, “Don't worry, your clothes won't be on you much longer.” Konoka pulled Setsuna's face down for another brief kiss. During their passionate lovemaking, Konoka whispered in Setsuna's ear, “I love you too, Setsuna Sakurazaki.”
 
AN: This was the first time I wrote a fluff. I wanted to see if I could actually write one, but I don't think I did a good job. Anyway, enjoy!