Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ The Thirteen Seals ❯ Antecedent ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thirteen Seals
 
Firedude: Hello everyone, this is my first attempt at a Negima! story so please bare with me and review please. Couples will appear later in the story, but please make suggestions because I want the readers to be happy.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Negima! or any of its characters.
 
Firedude: So please tell me what you think. Ready? Set? On with the Show!
 
 
Mahora Academy: 16 years prior
 
Dean Konoe sat at his desk in his office across from someone in the guest chair. “…So it's finally time…?” The guest remained quiet for a minute as he took a rag and wiped his glasses. He put them back on before looking back up at Konoe. “Yes… I'm afraid so.” Konoe leaned back and sighed. “Are we sure?” The guest nodded and handed a file to Konoe. “The oracle predicted it herself… fifteen years from today, the demon counsel will return.” Konoe looked over the file before closing it back up. “So we need to apply the seal to someone as soon as possible… do we have anyone who is prepared?” The guest adjusted his glasses and cleared his throat. “You must have skimmed through the last page…”
 
Dean Konoe opened the file back up again and looked it over. “As you can see Konoe… everyone we've attempted to apply the seal to rejected it… quite gruesomely.” Konoe felt sick from seeing the images of the failed volunteers. “What about the Thousand Master?” The guest laughed a little and took the file back from Konoe. “Are you serious Konoe? He took one look at the file and he almost threw up. Besides that, he didn't like the idea in the first place and we weren't about to force him.”
 
“So what are our options Jonnosuke?” Jonnosuke took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. He put his glasses back on and starred blankly at Konoe's desk as he thought. “We only have one, although I dislike the idea very much. We can attach it to a new- born child.” Konoe remained silent for a minute. “Are you sure?” Jonnosuke nodded in answer to his friend's question. “Our research shows that a new born child is unable to reject the seal, however we have no idea what affect it will have on him mentally and physically.” Konoe's expression turned very grim. “We have no other choice?” Jonnosuke shook his head after thinking it over again.
 
He looked up into Konoe's grim face. “I know why you look so upset… Your daughter is going to be giving birth soon…” Konoe nodded solemnly. To much of Konoe's surprise Jonnosuke began to laugh. “I don't believe you! You actually think I would ask the man who's like a father to me to sacrifice his own grand daughter? You think me that cruel Konoe?” Jonnosuke stood and looked into Konoe's surprised face. “My wife is pregnant and is due two weeks from now… my child shall carry this burden.” Jonnosuke turned around and walked towards the door. Konoe recovered from his shock and jumped to his feet.
 
“What are you thinking!?” Jonnosuke turned around and stated bluntly “I'm thinking that I'm going to attach a seal to my child that may drive him insane to save us all.” Konoe slammed his hand down on the desk and walked briskly up to him. “Jonnosuke Sasaki stop fooling around and take this seriously! If you place this burden on your child we may be saved, but will you be able to live with yourself knowing what you sentenced your own flesh and blood to it?” Jonnosuke remained silent for a minute before turning around with a smile plastered onto his face and looked into Konoe's eyes. “My family has been subjected to hardships for as long as we can remember… what's one more generation?” Jonnosuke silently walked out the door and left a completely shocked Dean Konoe behind.
 
Outside Mahora Academy: present day
 
A new school year at Mahora academy was about to begin. All the students were on the train leading to the academy. In one car Konoka, Asuna and Negi stood and were talking about the new year of school. Negi smiled and stated “I can't wait to see everyone again! It's been so long!” Asuna gripped her fists angrily and stated “Yeah, and another year of putting up with Ayaka!” Konoka laughed at Asuna's rage while Negi tried to calm her down. “Please Asuna can't you get along with Ayaka for just on-?” Negi stopped mid sentence as he began to sneeze.
 
Asuna and Konoka quickly put their hands over their skirts as Negi sneezed. The skirts of all the girls on the train car blew upward except for Asuna and Konoka. As all the girls on the car tried to figure out what happened Asuna put Negi in a head lock. “You really need to learn to control your nose!” As the train came to a halt all the students poured out of the train and began to run towards the school. Asuna looked over her shoulder to Konoka and Negi who were close behind. “Last one there buys lunch!” Asuna bolted ahead as Konoka began to catch up on her roller skates. Negi was taken by surprise by this and couldn't run fast enough to catch up.
 
Just as he was about to secretly cast a spell to increase his speed, he collided with someone walking by. They both fell to the ground with a heavy thud and were trampled on by the other students. They laid there silently for a minute before gathering the energy to sit up. “I'm sorry about that are you ok-?” Before Negi could finish his sentence he screamed in terror as the person he crashed into was lying in a pool of red liquid. Negi ran around panicking, not knowing what to do until the teenage boy he crashed into stood up.
 
“Awwww man! And I just went to the dry cleaner's! Oh well, I guess that's what I get for running with a red colored drink…” He looked over his shoulder at the panicking ten year old and laughed a little before speaking “Hey kid! Don't worry I'm okay!” Negi stopped and looked at the ground at the crushed bottle that said cherry down the side of it. He looked up from the ground and looked at the boy whose spiked hair matched the color of the drink. “Oh! I'm sorry are you okay!? I was in a rush and I guess I didn't see you in front of me!” The teenage boy smiled and laughed. “No, no don't worry about it! It was my fault; I was in a rush myself.”
 
The bell for Mahora academy rang in the distance and Negi panicked once more. “Oh no I'm late!” Negi quickly returned to his run in the direction of the academy. Negi stopped suddenly and turned around. “By the way, what's your name?” The teenage boy didn't suspect the question but smiled and replied “Sasaki… Rikimaru Sasaki” Negi smiled and replied “I'm Negi, we may meet again, good bye for now!” Negi once again returned to his run towards the school leaving Rikimaru far behind. He looked down at his red stained clothes and sighed. “No worries I suppose… back to the cleaners! Rikimaru turned around and began to walk but stopped in his tracks. “Wait… I forgot where it is!”
 
Mahora Academy: ten minutes later
 
“I'm sorry I'm late class I got caught up in something, but I'm here now. Welcome to a new year at Mahora everyone!” All the girls in the class cheered and they began their lessons. In the Dean's office on the other side of the building, Konoe paced around nervously as Prof. Takahata sat in a chair. “Come on Konoe… is this really that stressful for you?” Konoe stopped for a minute and sighed. “Yes I'm afraid so… I was surprised to find out that he is still and again when I found out his father was killed and even more so that he is coming here. I have been waiting for this meeting for fifteen years… of course it's stressful!” Takahata laughed a little and tried to calm Konoe down. “Okay, okay I understand.”
 
The door to the office opened and Shizuna walked in. “Sorry to interrupt you boys, but I got that report that you wanted Dean Konoe.” Konoe intentively listened to Shizuna as she spoke. “He is here in the town, but he seems to be wondering aimlessly at the moment.” Konoe nodded and questioned “Is he unharmed?” She smiled and nodded. Konoe was relieved and sat down on the floor. Takahata stood up and looked at Konoe. “Should I go get him?” He shook his head and replied “No, no I would like Shizuna to go.” She nodded and replied “Alright I'll go now.”
 
Shizuna walked out and shut the door. Takahata sighed and looked once more at Konoe. “Why'd you send Shizuna sir? I thought you called me up here to send me?” Konoe laughed and looked over at Takahata. “You see the reports were unconfirmed up until now that it was a boy, so I wanted a male on hand too just in case it was a girl.” Takahata slapped his head. “You're convincing him to come here by using his hormones against him!?”
 
Dry Cleaners: 30 minutes later
 
Rikimaru stood in front of a washing machine/ dryer in his under wear as his clothes washed. As he waited he read a magazine called the Mahora Times with a cover article by Kazumi Asakura. “Twenty foot alligator spotted in town sewers…” Rikimaru thought about it for a minute. “Are there even any alligators in Japan…?” He slapped his forehead and laughed. “Of course not! It's probably a twenty foot lizard not alligator.” Rikimaru buried his face back in the magazine and continued to read the article. He heard the bell attached to the front door ring and heard someone walking towards him. “Excuse me, are you Rikimaru Sasaki?”
 
Rikimaru looked up from the magazine and replied “Why yes I am. How can… I… help you…?” Standing in front of a dumbfounded Rikimaru was a very busty Shizuna. He tried his best to stay trained on her face and not let his eyes wonder down towards her chest. “I'm from Mahora academy. I need you to come with me please.” Rikimaru couldn't help getting dirty thoughts and quickly turned away from Shizuna in an attempt to hide his crotch. The only time I need pants! He heard the washing machine ding to show that it was now drying the clothes.
 
“Why do you need me to come with me?” Shizuna tried to look around him to see his face. “Are you okay?” Rikimaru turned more so she couldn't see. “Yeah I'm fine ma'am can you please just tell me why you want me to come with you!?” She sighed and gave up her attempt to make him look at her. “The dean of Mahora Academy Konoe wishes to see you.” Rikimaru was both slightly relieved that someone was going to take him to see Konoe, yet became slightly upset when his dirty thoughts disappeared. “That's good; I was looking for him so this will save me a lot of trouble.” The dryer ringed to show it was done and he quickly grabbed and put on his clothes.
 
Feeling better he turned around and faced Shizuna. “Alright then, I think I'm ready to go. Please lead the way.” Shizuna nodded and smiled and walked out the door with him following close behind. As they crossed the street on the way to the academy they passed a man hole. Rikimaru made sure he carefully navigated around. Shizuna turned towards him and sighed. “Did you read Kazumi's article? She says such nonsense sometimes you shouldn't listen to her articles.” Rikimaru shrugged and continued behind her. “You never know.”
 
Mahora academy: another 30 minutes later
 
Shizuna opened the front door of the school and lead Rikimaru inside. As he walked down the halls he saw that all the students were female and smiled. “So, Konoe is a dean of an all girl school? Go old man.” Shizuna sighed and opened the door to the dean's office. “Here he is Sir.” Konoe stood up and walked up to Rikimaru. He grabbed his hands and shook them lightly. “It's a pleasure to meet you Rikimaru. Please take a seat.” Shizuna shut the door and Rikimaru took a seat. “Alright… tell us what happened.” Rikimaru remained silent for a minute before answering. “Fine, but I want some answers as soon as I'm done.” Konoe nodded solemnly as Rikimaru told his recollection of the past week.
 
Mahora Academy: A few hours later in the cafeteria
 
Negi sat at a lunch table with Asuna, Konoka and Setsuna as they ate their lunch. “You're not supposed to make your teacher buy you lunch you know!” Asuna smiled a little and said with a grin “We won the race fair and square so you had to buy us lunch, you agreed to it.” Negi sighed at Asuna's claim. “I don't ever remember agreeing to that…” Negi sighed and finished his bowl of ramen. “I have to go see Dean Konoe so I'll see you girls later.” As Negi got up to go to the Dean's office Setsuna stood up as well. “Allow me to come with you professor. I have to talk to the Dean as well.” Negi nodded and they both began walking towards the office.
 
They remained silent for most of the trip over until Setsuna stopped in her place. Negi turned towards her. “What's wrong Setsuna?” She remained silent for a minute. “…Nothing… nothing at all.” They continued walking towards the Dean's office as Setsuna thought to herself what was that huge manifestation of magic just now... it might've been nothing, but... As they reached the office Shizuna walked out. “Negi? Setsuna? This is perfect! Dean Konoe wanted me to come get you, please come in.” As they walked in Negi noticed Rikimaru sitting in one of the desk chairs next to professor Takahata. “Professor Takahata! It is good to see you again. And you… you're Rikimaru right?” He nodded and smiled that. “That is correct, it's nice to see you again Negi.”
 
Rikimaru noticed Setsuna and shot up to his feet. “I'm sorry, how rude of me.” He stuck his hand out to shake Setsuna's, but she saw it as an attack. She quickly whipped her sword out from its carrying case and held it to Rikimaru's neck. They remained silent for a minute. “… I'm Rikimaru it's nice to meet you.” All though there was a blade to his throat he had a smile on his face. When Setsuna noticed that he simply wanted a hand shake, her face turned red and she sheathed her sword. She looked away from him and stated “… I'm Setsuna…”
 
The Dean cleared his throat and got everyone's attention. “Now that we're all acquainted, I'd like you three to go investigate something for me…” The three listened carefully as Konoe explained what was going on. “There have been spontaneous manifestations of magic around town and then they suddenly disappear. I'm sure you've felt it already.” Setsuna nodded in confirmation. “I need you to find one of these manifestations and see what it is.” Setsuna raised her hand. “Yes Setsuna?”
 
“Why is this guy coming?” Konoe looked over at Rikimaru who was fiddling one of the spikes of his hair. “He is just as aware of magic as you two are and I thought that since he was in town visiting me he would want to do something productive.” Setsuna sighed and nodded. “Are we all fine with this then?” The three of them nodded and left the office. Takahata looked over at Konoe. “It's probably nothing Dean you shouldn't worry so much. You sealed that rift up tight 30 years ago. Regardless of what the oracle once said there's no way anyone can undo that seal.”
 
Konoe remained silent before standing up and looking out the window. “…I've already lost two children and a surrogate son to those demons… Jonnosuke… he placed a burden on himself and his own son for all our sakes… so to say now that the oracle's prediction was wrong… Is saying that Jonnosuke's death was in vain and that all the pain Rikimaru has endured has been for nothing.” Dean Konoe remained silent as Shizuna and Takahata left. Before he closed the door behind them he took another look into the room. “…I'm sorry Sir…” Takahata closed the door and left Konoe alone.
 
City streets: 30 minutes later
 
Rikimaru sighed. “Have either of you two detected anymore of those magic sources… because I'm not picking up anything…” Setsuna shook her head. “Me neither… I'm sure I felt one before so I know they are real.” Negi looked in all directions trying to figure out if there were any visual clues. “…Maybe there's a range to the distance we can detect them.” Setsuna nodded. “That could explain why you couldn't feel it before. I was probably right on the edge of the range so I felt it.” Negi nodded and looked over at Rikimaru. “Will you be alright on your own?” Rikimaru put on his eerie smile and nodded. “I can figure this town out, don't worry about it.” Rikimaru turned and began to walk down the street. He waved behind him and called. “I'll see you two later then.” Setsuna and Negi went in different directions and the hunt began.
 
City streets: Rikimaru
 
He saw the other two walk away and let curiosity get the best of him. Instead of looking for the magic manifestations he took in all the sights. He felt a slight pain in his right hand and took off the glove that covered it. There were thirteen black dots arranged in a circle on the back of his hand. In the center of the circle a Japanese character that read stable was there with the first dot flashing. The second dot was flickering lightly. What a time to have one of my episodes, but at least the next one is finally awakening. His hand began to burn very badly and he gripped it tightly trying to stop the pain. “Are you alright?” Rikimaru looked up form his hand to see a school girl standing in front of him.
 
He quickly slipped the glove back over his hand and stood up trying to ignore the pain that was slowly spreading up his arm. “Don't worry I'm fine.” Rikimaru was able to smile as the pain began to subside. “My name is Rikimaru, sorry for making you worry.” The girl smiled and replied. “Don't worry about it. My name is Ako it's nice to meet you…” the girl blushed because of how handsome he was. Rikmaru was about to say something when he felt the magic manifestation. He turned towards it before turning back around and bowing slightly. “I'm very sorry Ako, but I have to go. Good bye!” He quickly turned on his heel and ran down the street. He eventually got closer, but the manifestation disappeared.
 
He sighed in disappointment and was about to continue his aimless wondering when he felt another manifestation. It was in the same location, but it was more powerful and it was lasting longer. He continued his dash towards the manifestation. Eventually he ended up in a large area in a back alley. The manifestation was coming from this spot, but he could not see it. The manifestation was becoming more and more powerful by the second. Eventually it became powerful enough that Rikimaru was able to pinpoint the manifestation. A tiny red portal had opened in the nearby wall and was increasing in size by the second until the point that it was a story high. This is incredible... I've got to go tell Negi and Setsuna! Rikimaru was about to turn and run when a booming sound came from the rift.
 
Rikimaru stared in shock as a giant black crab like monster stomped out. The crab made a hostile gurgling sound before speaking in a demonic voice “GUUURRR It's been so long since I've had a meal… this will be wonderful!” the crab roared and lunged forward at Rikimaru. He jumped out the way the crab's face smashed into the wall. He was about to take this opportunity to run through the alley and escape, but stopped when he came to a realization. Crap! If I just run out into the street that thing is sure to follow me! I'd be exposing magic to all and they'd all be in danger! Rikimaru turned around so his gaze met that of the hungry crab demon. Dammit... where are you Negi? Setsuna?
 
Firedude: There's the first chapter, please tell me what you think and please review! Don't forget to include couples you want in the story. Tune in next time for the next chapter!