Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ The Thirteen Seals ❯ Pride ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Pride
 
Firedude: Here is the next chapter in the series. PLEASE, even if you didn't like the story, please review it really does make a difference. I don't know the Latin incantations so I'm just going to use the English.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Negima! or any of its characters.
 
Firedude: Alright, here it is! Ready? Set? On with the Show!
 
City back alleys: Where we left off
 
Rikimaru stood in front of his large demonic adversary. Saliva from the crab's mouth dripped down to show its hunger as it began to edge closer once more. Rikimaru took a mantis kung fu stance. They both remained still for another minute until finally couldn't take it anymore and lunged forward. Its right claw slammed with great force towards Rikimaru. Luckily he ducked under the claw and then jumped over the crab. Seeing an opportunity he slammed his heel down on the back of the crab. He jumped off the crab's back and held his foot in pain.
 
The crab turned towards him and laughed at his attempt to injure him. “GUUURRRR my shell is as hard as steel! There is no way that your puny human body can split it!” The crab's left claw smacked Rikimaru hard in the ribs with a sickening crack. Rikimaru flew up against the wall and hit the ground. He got up on his hands and elbows and spat a mouthful of blood onto the ground. Damn... a punctured lung... He was able to look up in time to roll out of the way of another of the crab's attacks. Rikimaru had no choice; he jumped to his feet and sprinted through the maze of alleyways with the crab close behind.
 
Rikimaru made tight turns around the corners and did his best to get away from the crab, but it was persistent and it would not leave him alone. He looked behind him and saw the crab very close behind him. He quickly ripped his glove off and looked at the circle of black dots on the back of his hand. He tapped the one dot that was flickering whilst yelling at it “Come on! The one time I actually need you, you don't come out!” Rikimaru came to a halt as he came to a dead end. He turned and faced the large black crab that had cornered him.
 
The crab gurgled loudly as it began to close in. Dang... and I thought I could beat this thing... Suddenly a black flash went by and the crab's left cleanly split off the body and fell to the ground. It took a second for both Rikimaru and the crab to realize what just happened. The Crab released a wail and jumped back. “GUUURRRR what did you do!?” the sound of a sword being sheathed sounded behind the crab. “He did nothing… I did.” The crab turned to see Setsuna standing behind it with her eyes clothes. “GUUURRRR I'll kill you!”
 
The Crab stabbed its remaining claw at Setsuna who simply jumped over it and unsheathed her sword. “Zanganken!” Setsuna swung her sword under her and cut the crab's shell wide open to reveal it's fowl smelling flesh. “Now Negi!” Negi stood on the roof above them and began casting a light arrow spell. The Crab tried to run away, but Negi launched one giant light arrow at the crab and pierced its body. The crab stopped moving and it turned to ash. Negi jumped down from the roof and looked up at Rikimaru “Are you alright?” Rikimaru remained silent for a minute until Setsuna intervened. I'm surprised you were able to run around so much with a punctured lung. We have to take you to the hospital.”
 
One of her hands went towards him to offer help, but he swatted it away and tried to put on a smile. “…I'm just fine…” Rikimaru walked out of the alleys and wandered off into the town. Negi and Setsuna looked at each other before Negi spoke up “Is he alright Setsuna?” She shrugged slightly. “He's probably just upset that he was unable to defeat the crab demon. He'll be okay.” Although Negi nodded his expression was grim and the two of them went back to the train that went to the academy.
 
City Streets: Rikimaru
 
Rikimaru wandered aimlessly through the streets while trying to keep blood from leaking from his mouth. He eventually came to a small bridge that went over a gentle river. He looked around and made sure no one was looking. He quickly spat another mouth full of blood out over the edge of the bridge. He then sat on it alone and watched the river go by gently. The stinging pain in his chest was nothing compared to how badly hurt his pride was. He had been told his whole life that he would one day fight a great evil that would threaten the lives of everyone. The image of Negi and Setsuna defeating the crab so easily kept playing over and over in his head.
 
If I'm not even able to defeat a crab demon... then what good am I? I've never really put my heart into fighting, because I've never really believed in violence and all magic I've attempted to learn I've flunked... badly. He slipped the glove off his hand and sighed. He looked at the design on the back of his hand and felt sadness go through his body. This is the only thing that can give me an advantage in fighting and I can't even control it properly. The same scene had kept replaying in his head the past week and was unable to get rid of it.
 
He was in his home in Sparta and his father was on the ground in front of him covered in blood. There was a large hole in his chest that went right through him. He crawled forward towards Rikimaru whose legs were trembling. “…You… you're nothing you here me!? You're nothing… but a shield to take on all the burdens of others…” He then died and Rikimaru fled. I had always thought that my father loved me... but apparently I was wrong. Rikimaru cringed in pain as the seal on his hand started to hurt again. He gripped it angrily in an attempt to stop it but only started to crush the bones in his hand.
 
“…Um… excuse me…” Rikimaru looked over his shoulder to Ako standing behind him. Rikimaru quickly plastered on a smile and turned around to her. “Oh! Hello, you're that girl, Ako right?” She nodded shyly and took out a wallet. “When I found you before you dropped it… so I just wanted to return it…” Rikimaru reached over and accepted the wallet. “Thank you very much I would've never realized I lost it…” He tucked the wallet away in his pocket and she began to walk away. “Hey!” Ako stopped in her place. She turned around shyly and replied “Yes?”
 
“I'm going to be here for a while and I'd like it if I could have someone show me around town sometime. Would you care to join me?” Ako smiled widely and nodded. She was about to open her mouth when she noticed something in the distance. At that same moment Rikimaru felt another magic manifestation. He jumped off the edge of the bridge and looked down the street as well. Three more crab demons were running towards them at a high speed. Ako was shocked and took a step back. Rikimaru suddenly turned towards her and yelled “Ako! Run!” She was surprised by his sudden change in demeanor. “W-what!?”
 
“I've no time to explain just-!” One of the crab demons tackled Rikimaru and went flying into the river. He hit the river below hard and further injured his ribs and lung. This caused a lot more blood to come out of his mouth, but being as durable as he was Rikimaru swam back to the surface in time to hear Ako scream. He saw two of the crabs carrying an unconscious Ako away into the distance. Rikimaru cursed under his breath and started swimming towards the sure, but before he was able to make any progress the third crab appeared on the edge of the bridge. “GUUURRRR I call upon the water to become fierce!” suddenly a blue beam shot from the mouth of the crab and the river suddenly increased greatly in speed.
 
Rikimaru was too injured to fight against the water so he was quickly pushed down stream. Thinking quickly, he grabbed a large rock that was sticking through the surface and grabbed hold of it tightly. The rock was so jagged though that his hands got cut up badly. “GUUURRRR pathetic little monkey! Clinging to your life so desperately… why!?” Rikimaru smiled triumphantly at the large crap and spat in his direction. The crab let out an angered cry and jumped down into the river. The Crab let the strong current carry its body down towards the rock Rikimaru was clinging to.
 
Rikimaru focused and climbs up on top of the rock. Rikimaru... you've failed at magic so far, but now you have no other choice but to use it properly. I'm finally going to see if this style of magic actually works... Rikimaru pulled his arm back as though he were about to throw a spear. He took careful aim at the crab that was getting closer by the second. When the crab finally got close enough Rikimaru yelled out “Zues! Grant me your lightning!” A static like feeling suddenly filled his hand and a lightning bolt formed.
 
Rikimaru then threw the bolt with all his might just as the crab lunged at him. It pierced the crab right through the mouth with unbelievable accuracy. The Crab screamed as it was electrocuted inside out. It eventually became limp and fell back into the water with a plunk. Rikimaru watched as the body turned to ash and it was carried down the river. He felt a smile spread across his lips and he laughed. “I finally got it!” Rikimaru was ecstatic, but was so unused to using magic he fell into the river and let it carry him down stream. Alright... I'm going to come rescue you Ako...
 
Mahora Academy: one hour later
 
Negi and Setsuna stood in the office in front of Konoe. “I'm sorry we let him go on his own sir, we should've brought him back with us.” Konoe laughed and shook his head. “It's alright Setsuna… even if he was about to die he would do what ever he wants, Rikimaru was never the kind of boy who would do what he's told.” Negi sighed with a bit of relief. “Dean Konoe, it seems you've known Rikimaru for quite a long time.” Konoe nodded with a smile. “His father Jonnosuke was like a son to me, he was going to be my successor and take over the Kanto Magic Association. However…” Konoe's expression saddened very much and his gaze dropped down to his desk before continuing.
 
“Around 16 years ago a well known sorceress known as the oracle had a premonition… she predicted that a group of demons I once sealed away known as the demon counsel was going to return. We had no choice; we had to prepare for the worst…” Konoe remained silent for a minute before looking back up at the two with a smile. “Sorry, I'm trailing away from the question. In short, when Rikimaru turned eight Jonnosuke felt he needed some training so they moved away to Greece and that was the last I saw of them both.” Negi and Setsuna felt slightly disturbed by what the dean cut himself off from saying, but they didn't touch upon the subject.
 
“Thank you for the report Negi, Setsuna, you're free to leave.” Setsuna and Negi bowed slightly and walked out. Setsuna turned to Negi and bowed slightly. “I'm going to go training, I will see you tomorrow professor Springfield.” Negi smiled and nodded as Setsuna walked away. As Negi began walking down the hall he saw Asuna running towards him. “NEEEEEGGGIIIII!!!” Negi panicked as Asuna ran towards him Asuna grabbed him by the collar and yelled at him “Where did you go!?” Negi tried to speak but was so shocked by Asuna he had to speak slowly “Dean Konoe… wanted me and Setsuna… to investigate something for him.” Asuna got even angrier. “Why didn't you take me with you!? I hate school!”
 
Asuna finally released a bewildered Negi from her grip. “It's not like it was to get out of school Asuna.” She pouted a little and muttered “Yeah whatever…” Negi heard more running behind him and turned to see Yuna, Makie and Akira running towards him. “Professor Negi!” The three of them came to a screeching halt in front of him. Makie took a couple of breaths before continuing “Have you seen Ako!? We heard you went into town today and Ako went there on an errand for medical supplies for the nurse's office. Did you see her there?” Negi shook his head “I'm sorry girls I didn't, is something wrong?” Makie nodded “She didn't come back!”
 
Forest outside Mahora Academy: Specific location unknown
 
Ako awoke in the middle of the forest bound with magic ropes. She realized that she in nothing but her underwear and got extremely embarrassed. Four of the crab demons surrounded her and she felt very afraid. She noticed a human shaped figure walking towards her. Ako got angry and shouted at him “So you're the pervert that did this to me!?” There was a laugh as the figure got closer. “That's correct.” As the figure got closer she noticed a tiny light levitating in front of its face. It was not enough to reveal his face in the darkness though.
 
The figure laughed and looked down at Ako. “Although I wish I didn't you still need a little developing to do.” Ako got angry and shouted at him. “Shut up! If I could see your face I'd break it in half!” The figure remained silent for a minute before leaning over to reveal its face. The light was now close enough for Ako to see the face clearly, but she began wishing that she hadn't of seen it. The figure's skin was scaled like a fish and had teeth and a lure on his head that resembled that of an Angler Fish's. Ako became very afraid at the horrible sight. “Don't be afraid baby, I'm not that bad once you get to know me, and I'd sure as hell like to get to know you.”
 
The figure leaned closer to kiss Ako, but she flailed her bound legs up to kick it in the crotch. It stumbled back in pain and cursed. Ako stated triumphantly “At least now I know you're a guy.” He got angry and slapped her across the face with the back of his clawed hand. The combination of the claws and hard scales left her cheek bruised and cut. “You're a feisty one, when the sealed child comes here to rescue you I'm going to tear out his innards and eat them right in front of you. Then we're going to have some fun.” The fish creature laughed menacingly and walked away into the shadows leaving Ako crying, cold and alone.
 
Firedude: There is the second chapter. I know it wasn't as long as the last one but I promise they'll be longer. PLEASE review even if you don't like the story.