Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Why People Go..... ❯ .....On Road Trips ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-----Author’s note: Ever wonder why people go to particular places? I know I don’t. But whether you do or don’t, this story will take you, along with the class of 3-A and two others, on a magical journey to where no ten-year-old boy has ever gone before. With thirty-one girls. As a matter of fact, they will go to many places that no ten-year-old boy has never gone before with thirty-one girls, and each chapter will host a new destination, save for the first one, which is the introductory chapter.

The following events will take place after the Chao festival arc, and for the sake of simplicity, we will make the assumption that everything turns out happy and Chao gets to stay. The two original characters, Masayoshi Hitodama and Connor, are from other works in the Negima! section, which will be listed and credited at the end. For the record, this will be full of random fun just to help me kill time in a semi-constructive manner.

I do not own Negima!, but any other characters (save for Masayoshi) and ideas are my own. Enjoy.....-----


“Life is good.”

“Life is sweet.”

“Life is.....boring.”

Negi Springfield, everyone’s favorite ten-year-old instructor and mage, stopped his cloud gazing to turn his gaze at his aid, who was still staring up at the sky. Masayoshi Hitodama lay between the two, a little grin sitting almost indefinitely on his lips.

Connor shrugged from his position on the pillow-like grass, which looked a little awkward due to his position, “Come on, it’s summer break, for God’s sake! We’re surrounded by beautiful girls who, I’ll add, we’re not only close to, but we’ve saved on several occasions. Yet here we are, three guys, lying on the ground and looking at clouds. Tell me what you see wrong with that picture.”

“There’s an awful lot of not girls in the picture.....” Masayoshi spoke softly, his eyes tracing the outline of a cloud that looked a good deal like a dolphin playing the drums.

“Thank you, that’s right.”

“What are you two talking about?” Negi returned to watching the above clouds, “We still get to see them all every day! Besides, things are never boring for long when Mahora’s involved.”

“Kid, I hate to burst your optimistic bubble, but I haven’t gotten to kick an ass in over a month,” The man in black retorted, now staring at the cloud that looked like a dolphin playing the drums, “I sleep in a room with two gorgeous girls every night, but there hasn’t been an awkward accident in OVER a month! There hasn’t even been any kind of drama or gossip going to keep life interesting since the festival, which was a month ago.”
The boy smiled a little, “Isn’t it good that there haven’t been any awkward accidents?”

“Not when you can’t even go to sleep without copping a feel,” Masayoshi piped up.

“Tell me how that’s fair,” Connor now sat up, spinning to face Negi, who was blushing.

“I never mean for that to.....it’s on accident! She just.....reminds me of my sister.....”

“And we’re not even going to ask you why you grope your sister. Why? Because that’s what friends do, they don’t ask unnecessary questions,” Negi’s aid rose to his feet, now pointing at the boy, “But I WILL ask you this: What are we doing here? What the hell are we doing here?”

Masayoshi jumped up, taking his place by Connor’s side. He thrust a finger down at Negi as well, “Yeah, what the hell are we doing here?”

“G-Guys, come on! I-It’s not that bad here, is it?”

Akira Okochi and the rest of the swim team walked by the group of three, decked out in their swim suits. They were trailing water as they went, each girl soaked down and glistening in the sunlight. Akira waved to the group of teachers, flashing them a warm smile.

“I don’t think ‘bad’ is a good adjective for Mahora,” Masayoshi admitted, though his finger was still aimed at Negi.

“Really, really good might cut it.....but that’s not the point! We’ve all got some cash saved up from teaching, right?” Connor asked, letting his hand fall to his side. The nods he got in return sent a smile across his face, “So why don’t we hit the road for awhile? Just cut the hell out of here and go DO something!”

“We can’t just leave, you know that. We have responsibilities to the girls, and I have training I need to take care of,” Negi stated firmly, wondering how in the world a cloud could look like a dolphin playing the drums.

“He’s right, man. Natsumi-chan wouldn’t be very happy if I just sort of up and left. Besides, we’ve got bingo night on Wednesday!” Masayoshi pumped a fist into the air before dropping back down to the ground to resume cloud gazing.

“Did you just say bingo night? Good God, we might be too late to save ourselves. You two aren’t even married or anything, how can she be controlling your life like that?” Connor returned to his spot on the grass.

“Oh, she’s not. Bingo night was my idea. I practically have to drag her there.”

“Ok, here’s a solution. Oh, and I’ll pretend you didn’t just tell me that bingo night was your idea.”

Masayoshi flashed a thumbs up, but didn’t say anything.

“We’ll just take the girls with us.”

Negi laughed pretty hard for a good ten seconds before recovering enough to speak, “Are you kidding me? There’s no way we could afford to take thirty-one girls with us! Besides, how would we keep all of them in check? I can’t even do that in class.”

“I’ll help out.”

“Your job is to help out in class, and you don’t even do that!”

“Because my OTHER job is to keep myself entertained, and if everyone’s doing what you say, well, I might as well not even have that job. But for you, because you mean so much to me, I will put that job on the back burner and help keep the girls in line,” Connor put one hand on his chest and the other on Masayoshi’s book, “You have my word.”

“And you have my approval,” Masayoshi nodded, snatching his book back, “To tell you the truth, I could use some travel time, too. Besides, if we take all of the girls with us, my Natsumi-chan induced obligations disappear! Come on, Negi.....I know you want to take Nodoka.....”

Negi turned a wonderful shade of red at this statement, and found himself stuttering too much for his own good, “Th-That’s n-not true.....I d-don’t want to take h-her.....I-I mean I d-do, but not as anyone s-special, or anything!”

“Ok, you know what? Fine. Forget it,” Connor ceded the argument, much to Masayoshi’s disappointment. The trip was starting to sound fun, too.

After a few minutes of silent cloud watched, Negi asked, “Hey, do you guys see the.....”

“Yeah, that is freaking weird,” Masayoshi admitted, still gawking at the drummer dolphin.

-

.....What was that? The hell? His mouth felt like it was full of cotton. .....But it tasted like it was full of.....

Negi sat upright, coughing up a sock. He looked around, stunned to find that he was in a vehicle. But not just any vehicle, oh no. It was a vehicle of epic proportions, and it very well had to be to contain all of the people it did. Thirty-five people, to be exact.

“The sock was my idea,” A familiar voice to his right side. It belonged to none other than Kotaro Inugami, who was currently giving him a big smile.

“What’s going on?” The teacher asked in bewilderment, looking around at the happy faces his students were all wearing. They were in what he believed to be a bus.

“Well, Connor talked to me about you being such a loser about not wanting to go on a road trip, and convinced me to help kidnap you and forcefully bring you for your own good.”

“Where’d he get this gigantic bus?”

“Robotics club is providing the ride for this one. I think that Chinese girl talked them into it.....”

Negi spilled out of his seat as the bus veered heavily to a side, causing squeals of excitement from the girls.

Masayoshi looked back to make sure everyone was alright from his seat beside Connor, who was driving like a madman, “Holy crap! You’re gonna kill us if you keep driving like that!”

Connor laughed, turning the rock up louder, “That dog a couple of blocks back would agree with you!”

“Where the hell did you get your license?”

“My what?”

Masayoshi’s face paled a few shades before he spoke again, practically having to yell to be heard above the blaring music, “You don’t have a driver’s license?”

“We don’t have cars where I’m from!”

“They don’t have cars in Africa?”

Pretending he couldn’t hear him to avoid having to make up lies to cover his ass, Connor simply continued to turn the music up as the road before them welcomed them to a summer’s worth of fun.


-----Author’s other note: In case anyone hasn’t figured it out, I just thought this one up randomly and sat down to write out an introduction to it. Rushed? Maybe. Good? Not my best. Potential filled? Yes, oh dear God yes.

This is a spinoff of Life In A Bottle and Messed Up, and contains an oc from both. They’re lovable, don’t be afraid to accept them. Master Masa Random is Masayoshi’s creator and sole owner!

Now, where will they be going? You may ask. Simple. Wherever I want them to go, because it’s a road trip derived in the heat of boredom, which means Connor will take them wherever he thinks something fun will happen, or wherever reviewers want to see. For example, there are the easy destinations: A hot springs, a camping trip, a castle, and random stuff like that which I will throw wrenches into and make awesome. Suggestions are welcomed and appreciated, whether it be character-wise (should a girl have a starring chapter) or destination suggestions!

Oh, and Masa, if you want to hook up and try making this a collaboration fic, that might be fun.....

Thanks for reading.....-----