Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ An Affair to Remember ❯ Chapter 7: Final ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Last chapter's guest was Washu Hakubi, she was an evil genius from the anime Tenchi Muyo. Her daughter was Ryoko Hakubi, the space pirate. Here is the last chapter of this story, thank you for all the supporters and also thank you for responding to the challenge.
edited by weaver...arigato
Chapter 7: The Final Showdown
Shizuru was about to reach out when the little girl suddenly appeared before the two, “You are not going to take away Onee-chan from me!” she said before she transformed into a monstrous snake with 6 heads, “I will kill you!” she said and lunged at Natsuki.
“Then I will die trying! I am not giving Shizuru to you!” she said, ducking Kiyohime's attack and then she removed her cap and concentrated, “Duran, materialize!” she screamed and the gem in her ear changed engulfing her once again in a blue light, and once the blue light died down, Natsuki's pistols were in her hands…
“You will not take away Onee-chan from me!” Kiyo screamed and she lunged at Natsuki again and again, the blue haired girl dodged every attack, her pistols in hands but she can't pull the trigger. Kiyohime was very fast, and Natsuki was having a hard time aiming on her target
“Natsuki…” Shizuru whispered as she watched the two fight.
“I will kill you!” Kiyo screamed once again and attacked. This time Natsuki wasn't able dodge the attack, so with all her power, she created an ice wall which blocked the attack.
Natsuki was right in front of Shizuru and the wall of ice was between them and Kiyohime, the blue haired girl looked back at the wide eyed Shizuru, she put down her pistols and ignored the sound caused by the monster trying hard to break the wall, “Shizuru…” she called as she put her hands on Shizuru's shoulders, “Please remember me…and come with me…” she said, her emerald orbs intensely looking at Shizuru's crimson ones.
“Onee-chan!! Don't leave me Onee-chan!” Kiyo screamed as she struck the ice wall again and again, “We are the same! No one loves us! We will be happy together nee-chan!!” she screamed again, loud banging noise followed every scream.
“No Shizuru…you are loved…” Natsuki said softly, she smiled but her eyes were shedding tears.
“Love?...” Shizuru asked as if the word was strange to her.
“No one love us nee-chan! We are the only one who cares about each other! Nee-chan!!” the monster screamed, hearing Natsuki's words, “Don't leave me here all alone nee-chan! I don't want to be alone anymore! Nee-chan!”
“Yes Shizuru…you are loved…” Natsuki said again, she then leaned forward, “I love you Shizuru…” she said.
“She will leave you! She doesn't mean it nee-chan! Anchin left me after saying he loved me, they never kept their word nee-chan! Believe me!” she screamed.
“Believe me Shizuru…my world will be nothing without you,” Natsuki said as she leaned forward and her lips touch Shizuru's lips, she then took the amethyst from her robe's secret pocket and put it in Shizuru's ears, I love you Shizuru…not as a friend…but I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you… she thought as her lips sealed that promise.
“NOOOOO!!” Kiyo screamed one last time before she finally broke the ice wall, “I will kill you!!”
Just as Kiyohime stepped at the place where Natsuki and Shizuru was, the house they were in was suddenly transformed, when Natsuki and Shizuru's lips parted, Natsuki found themselves inside a monastery. That same monastery where Kiyohime in her snake form killed Anchin under the bell.
XXX
“What's happening?!” Mai screamed as she felt the power under her surged and she felt as if she was being pulled into it, “I feel like being pulled into the ground!!” she screamed again.
There was a sudden instability of power from the center, all of you have to hang on!” Washu, the evil genius said through their communication, “Report status…”
Nao was feeling the same thing and she could feel the bell above her head sway, “I'm getting the idea that the power of that Kiyohime is so strong it's actually trying to suck us up! And the bell above me won't stop swaying! I am not Anchin for God sake!” Nao screamed.
“Nao-san…” Miyu who has a single earring without stone but just the microphone said, “Kiyohime's power is surrounded by a dark aura…” Miyu said.
“It must be from the black magic she learned.” Fumi added, “I could feel the black aura with my diamond stone.”
“The alley is changing! It's becoming a church or something!” Haruka screamed.
Just as I thought…the reason why you all felt the sudden pull…that Kiyohime is trying to take all of you to her world…where she has the most power.” Washu said.
“It's getting stronger!” Alyssa yelled.
“Ojou-sama! Hang on! Don't let go!” Miyu screamed at Alyssa.
“I am having a hard time keeping the book open.” Mikoto said, “Miroku is trying to get out of my body! She's being driven by Kiyohime's black aura!”
No…I think it wasn't the black aura that is driving your power mad Mikoto-chan,” the woman said seriously, “There's something else…something else happening inside…”
XXX
After finding her Onee-chan kissing her enemy she screamed in anger, her human form changed completely into a flying snake form, a flying snake that could blow out fire, “If you insist on taking Onee-chan, then I am taking you with her! All of you will die!”
Natsuki was frowning when she faced the flying monster, “I won't let you!” she screamed and once again materialized her pistol and started shooting at the monster.
Kiyohime dodged every bullet and she crossed fired with balls of fire, “I shall fry you alive! Just like the way I killed Anchin!”
“I am not Anchin! Shizuru is not you! You two are different so let her go!” Natsuki screamed as she ran away from Shizuru, dodging balls of fire after balls of fire, trying her best to not come under the bell.
“You are the same! You both made us believed that you loved us! You both made us suffer!” Kiyohime screamed and once again threw fire on Natsuki. Kiyo threw fire on Natsuki, trying to lead the girl under the bell, “History repeats itself!” the monster added.
“Then make it different! If you really care about Shizuru, then free her and let her decide her fate!” Natsuki jumped just in time to dodge a ball if fire that was thrown very near her, and before she landed on the ground, she aimed her pistols once again and fired relentlessly at Kiyohime.
The monster was hit by several ice bullets causing the monster to fly away from the Natsuki. But the interval was just short as Natsuki saw the monster turn around and flew her way again. Natsuki ran as fast as her feet could get her towards Shizuru. The chest nut haired woman was sitting on the ground…under the bell.
“SHIZURU!!” Natsuki screamed, she looked back to see Kiyohime diving fast towards them, ready to kill both of them.
“Look Onee-chan! Your Anchin will run away from you once he knew he'll die! He will leave you the way my Anchin left me!” she screamed before blowing air into her lungs.
“I will never leave Shizuru!” Natsuki screamed before she jumped towards the wide eyed woman, her hand gripped the rope that is connected to the bell and the action caused the bell to move and rang before her weight becomes a burden to the hanging bell and fell.
Natsuki and Shizuru trapped inside.
XXX
“NOOOOO!!” Nao screamed as the bell above her head started ringing and shaking.
“NAO-SAN!!” Miyu screamed ready to leave her place.
Don't you dare leave your place…the battle is not yet over!” Washu screamed over the microphone.
“Don't leave Miyu!” Mikoto screamed, “Everything will be for nothing if you leave and trapped both of them inside!”
“Mikoto has a point!” Fumi seconded, “Nao-san?”
Silence
“NAO!” Miyu screamed again.
“The bell fell on me, but I'm fine…I'm inside though…and the power hasn't died down…” Nao said in her trembling voice.
“Nao…” Miyu whispered.
“Thank Kami-sama!” Mai said, “Please hold on Nao…”
“I am holding up! Baka!” she screamed at everybody.
“I think Nao's back to her old self.” Fumi said smiling.
XXX
“Natsuki…” Shizuru whispered.
Natsuki smiled at the woman in her embrace, “Do you remember that day in the carnival? Before we died? We were just like this; we died under the bell, together in embrace.”
“Why Natsuki?”
“Why? Well we were fighting…”
Shizuru shook her head, “Why did you come here? Why are you saving me?”
“Shizuru?”
“I've done so much evil…I've taken advantage of your kindness and tried to kill you myself…why are you…”
“Because I love you Shizuru, because what you did was all my fault…it was my action, my cowardly action that…Shizuru…”
Shizuru looked at Natsuki's tear stained face, “My Natsuki loves me?”
“You…you remember now?” Natsuki asked, new tears began forming in her eyes. She held the woman tight when Shizuru nodded her head, “God…I thought I've lost you forever Shizuru…I love you so much…my life was in chaos without you in it Shizuru…”
Shizuru embraced the blue haired girl, “And I love my Natsuki more than anyone and anything in this world.” She said before she pulled away from Natsuki and got up. The bell was large enough for the two of them to stand inside. The chest nut haired girl turned, her back now faced Natsuki.
“Shizuru…”
“But I need to face Kiyohime…I need to end everything…”
“No! Kiyohime will kill you!”
Shizuru looked at Natsuki, she smiled at her, that smile Natsuki was so familiar with, her eyes were shining with joy as she looked at Natsuki's emerald orbs; her smile full of love towards the younger girl. She nodded her head, “Kiyohime is right, we are but one and the same, but she was wrong when she said that my Natsuki is just like his Anchin…my Natsuki is and will always be a strong person…and my Natsuki really loves me…” Shizuru then raised an arm and materialize her naginata, “Let me be the one to save you now Natsuki, you have saved me twice.”
“NO! I won't let you! If you die Shizuru then I will die with you!” Natsuki screamed, she was about to stand when Shizuru suddenly hit the bell. The loud sound caused both girls to feel dizzy, but Shizuru remained standing and once again hit the bell, the force cracked the bell, just enough to let one person pass through and Shizuru, groggily walked out of the bell, “Shi…Shizuru…SHIZURU!” Natsuki screamed, she was on her knees as she tried to stabilized herself and crawled to the retreating chestnut haired girl, she had her head out of the cracked space when she saw it.
“SHIZURU!!”
Shizuru using her power from the amethyst stone flew up meeting the diving monster head on.
“SHIZURU!!”
Natsuki screamed as she saw Shizuru collides with the monster, and the two were suddenly enveloped by a bright purple light.
XXX
Onee-chan?
Kiyo-chin…
You came back to me. You decided to be with me? I won't be alone again?
Onee-chan will not leave you anymore Kiyo-chin; I won't let you suffer alone
Do you remember them?
Yes, I do and you were wrong to say that my Natsuki will be like Anchin
She protected you, she…she's willing to die with you
That is my Natsuki
I envy you nee-chan…
XXX
The power of Kiyohime is decreasing rapidly, something is happening but don't feel that its safe already…Natsuki-chan should come out of the gateway before the power dies down!” Washu said.
“Ahhhhhhhh!” Mikoto screamed
“MIKOTO!” Mai yelled, “What is happening?!”
“MIROKU!!” Mikoto screamed again after replying
“MIKOTO!!” The others called out simultaneously
XXX
A bright yellow light suddenly appeared before the eyes of the two women. Kiyo was held in Shizuru's embrace, they both looked at the yellow light.
“You asked for salvation.” The yellow light said, it was a woman's voice.
“Shizuru Onee-chan came to save me…” Kiyo said calmly.
“And in return, you will keep her in your world and away from everyone else. Do you believe that is the meaning of true salvation?” the voice asked once again.
“I don't know what you mean, but I am tired of being alone. I don't want to be alone anymore. I don't want to be a monster anymore. I don't want to feel love anymore…I became like this because of love…”
“But love will be the only reason for your true salvation.” The voice said.
“I don't need love…Onee-chan is here…”
“And Natsuki will not leave this place…” the voice said.
Both women looked at the crying blue haired on the ground. She was looking up at them…her emerald orbs filled with tears.
“She's no Anchin…” Kiyo said and then she looked at her Onee-chan…the chest nut haired woman was looking at Natsuki, her eyes sad and filled with tears as well, “Onee-chan…”
“Your Onee-chan chose to be with you, because she knew that she is the only way for the world outside to be righted, she's your only anchor so that you won't have to stray again…that is Love Kiyohime…and that is your salvation.” The voice said.
“Onee-chan?”
Shizuru looked at her and smiled, “Where do you want to go then?” she asked, just like the way she asked things when she erased her memories this isn't my Onee-chan anymore…what am I doing?
Kiyohime smiled at Shizuru and then she pulled away from her and shook her head `no', “I understand now Onee-chan…I…I understand.”
“What do you mean…”
“You need to get out of this world Onee-chan, before it disappears and trap the two of you forever.”
“But then you'll be alone and…”
“No…I won't be alone, I know that I am loved…Onee-chan loves me that is why she is willing to sacrifice her own love for me and that feeling will keep me company.”
“Kiyo…”
“Please Onee-chan…go now…please?”
Shizuru smiled at her and nodded her head, she turned around but before she flew back to Natsuki's arm, she looked back at Kiyohime, “You shall always be here…” she said and pointed on her chest where her heart lies, “We shall see each other again.”
Kiyohime smiled at Shizuru, nodded her head before the chest nut haired woman flew back to Natsuki's arms. “Goodbye…nee-chan…” Kiyohime whispered before tears started falling from her eyes.
“Don't cry Kiyo-chin, you forgot something…” The voice said, “You signed a contract to the obsidian lord stating that you'll be Shizuru's protector. I think they found a way to utilize their powers again…” the voice said, “If not…then I won't be here…” the voice said with a happy tone.
“You amaze me Miroku, you amaze me!” Kiyohime said before she finally disappear leaving Miroku alone.
“Hey! Your suppose to help me keep the gate open!” the voice exclaimed
“That was your job right?” Kiyohime's voice said
XXX
“Shizuru?” Natsuki called out when the chest nut haired woman appeared before her
“My Natsuki…” Shizuru smiled at Natsuki who has very red eyes for crying, “Kiyohime finally let me go, she…she understands now and…” she wasn't able to finish her sentence as Natsuki pulled her closer and claimed her lips.
“NATSUKI!! THE GATE IS CLOSING YOU HAVE TO HURRY AND GET OUT!” Natsuki heard Mikoto's scream and the two pulled away.
“Shall we?” Natsuki asked Shizuru and the older woman nodded her head. Using her power, Natsuki flew up into the sky and into where the opening of the gate was located. She reached for Shizuru's outstretch hand and took the older woman with her, “You have your own power Shizuru, why don't you just use it so we both can fly out of here?” she asked.
“Ara…this is sweet!” she said smiling.
Natsuki shook her head but she was smiling, “Never leave me again Shizuru…”
“I will never leave my Natsuki again…”
XXX
Mikoto was smiling when Natsuki's head popped out of the book followed by her body. She frowned when she was not with Shizuru, but her smile returned when another hand followed Natsuki's outstretched one, and the hand was followed by Shizuru's head.
The others who was trying to get the news from Mikoto screamed in happiness with their success.
XXX
I can't allow this to happen just like that.”
What's not to allow? I like the way they did everything…the drama…”
They've disturbed the time continuum, and the resulting event will be chaotic, that's what I don't want to allow.”
But I like chaos!”
In 300 years you'll have your time again, but not now.”
So what do you suggest?”
Damage control and repair!”
So you want me to…”
You know what I want!”
But I can't erase their memory?”
The participants you can't…”
But Shizuru…”
She won't recall anything…she was in limbo…”
Oh yeah…then let Natsuki refresh her memory then.”
XXX
The sudden explosion rocked the whole of Fuuka Gakuen, and when all is over, bright lights started appearing one by one.
“What the fucked happened?” Nao asked when she found herself at Fuuka…last day of the carnival, “How the hell did I go back in time?”
XXXX
Haruka on the other hand was stunned in silence as she found herself on that same spot when she was revived from the dead, and Yukino once again embraced her, “Haruka-chan! You're back!”
“Of course! What is happening?”
“Shizuru killed you…”
“Fujino is missing and we just liberated her!”
“Huh?”
XXX
Miyu felt the presence of a familiar power before she found herself once again at the basement of the chapel surrounded by destroyed pillars, “obsidian lord…ojou-sama? Nao-san…Nao…” she then hurriedly walked out to find Alyssa and Nao.
XXX
Fumi found herself with the shinso, a smile grazed her lips as the woman inside the crystal looked at her with a smile, “Welcome back Fumi.”
“Mashiro-sama…”
XXX
Mikoto and Mai found themselves once again at the middle of the fight, aboard Kagutsuchi and Miroku.
“What happened? Why are we back here?” Mai asked.
“I don't know Mai!” Mikoto said, “Does that mean we have to fight the obsidian lord again?”
Mai nodded and looked at Mikoto, “Are you alright? I was worried when you screamed…”
“Oi! Concentrate on fighting!” Midori screamed.
“Hai-hai!” Mai said and smiled.
XXX
When Natsuki opened her eyes to the sight of the ruined chapel, a look of panic washed over her…she was back in carnival and it was at this time that Shizuru went missing.
“SHIZURU!” Natsuki screamed.
“Ara?” Shizuru stood up from under the piles of debris, “Natsuki doesn't have to shout…hmf!” she wasn't able to finish her sentence when the blue haired girl tackled the older one into the ground, “Ara…my Natsuki is excited…” and another incomplete sentence as Natsuki claimed her lips passionately.
“Shizuru…I love you.” Natsuki said as their lips parted.
“Ara…” Shizuru has a finger on her lips where Natsuki kissed her, “I know that, and isn't my Natsuki told me about that already that you love me as a friend…”
“No! I did tell you that I love you…and I want to be with you forever!” she said.
“I don't think that was what Natsuki told me before we die,”
Natsuki frowned…she doesn't remember…what happened to her, “Then…let me say it again, I love you Shizuru and I want to spend my lifetime with you!”
Shizuru didn't say anything, instead, her eyes started tearing up, “My Natsuki loves me the way I love her?” Natsuki nodded her head and that's when Shizuru tackled the blue haired girl on the ground and kissed Natsuki's lips fervently.
“OI! Enough with that making out! We have an obsidian lord to take down!” It was Nao aboard Julia, “I have no idea why we came back on this time but I definitely will want an answer!”
“Go back in time?” Shizuru asked Natsuki who grinned at her.
“Long story, lets go out and fight then we all can tell you what happened.” Natsuki got up and offered her hands to Shizuru, “I will never let go of this hand ever again.” She said before she brought Shizuru's hand to her lips and kissed it
“I love you Natsuki.”
“I love you too Shizuru.”
And the two marched out of the ruins, called forth their Childs and flew out with the other HiMEs.
The End
The End
Washu's here again, can't just take her out
I was crying while writing Kiyo and Shizuru's goodbye scene
Thank you to all of you who read and supported this story, and special thanks to all the reviewers : Shyechick, Ashwolfx, nolens volens, keikochan2000, bleeding hopes, mystique four, neko-sama (Shotgunneko), jquackers, azfixiation, shazu, dream shadower, revalisspyros, wolfie21, pri815, jam-chan, teh321, Nathan 5th, storm at sea, silvestri, yui1808, colorful sunrise, lindred, glowie, chumsa, harley quinn davidson, alexissa2, brii, rainee-chan, tomoyo75, shebooya, and to those who will leave their reviews for this chapter that wasn't mentioned above. Thank you very much
HanDj